PDA

View Full Version : How is this hairstyle done? **(PICS)**

redneckprincess
October 22nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
I just have to know.

What is it called? How can I look it up? Has anyone ever seen/heard of it before?

I was watching a tv program that I had taped from a week ago or so ...anyways I had to skip back and pause it so I could get a picture on my cell phone to show you. (sorry about quality..you would think a blackberry would take better pics then that)

enough talk..showing pic already

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/hair/securedownload.jpg

kinda hard to see but it looks twisted under half up kinda thing...it was much prettier on tv i promise

I would LOVE to wear my hair like this...please tell me how:cheese:

kdaniels8811
October 22nd, 2009, 10:02 AM
It looks like they did a half up and started braiding it? Just the first few passes? Then bobby pin it underneath to hold. Oh, come over and I will show you, I can do it a lot easier than type it out... smile! Sorry if I am not much help, it IS pretty and would look really nice on you.

marikamt
October 22nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
or is it pulled thru , like a pulled thru pony??? Or a cross between started braid THEN pulled thru????

redneckprincess
October 22nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
It looks like they did a half up and started braiding it? Just the first few passes? Then bobby pin it underneath to hold. Oh, come over and I will show you, I can do it a lot easier than type it out... smile! Sorry if I am not much help, it IS pretty and would look really nice on you.
if it were only that easy, lol thanks though

friskybiznus
October 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Yeah, it does look like a pull through pony and a partial braid thingy...:)

redneckprincess
October 22nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
whats a pull through pony?

ericthegreat
October 22nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
This is a very simple half-up style RNP :). From that photo, it appears that she grabbed the top section of her hair into a ponytail, then she twisted it just about an inch and secured it by using bobby pins. She then left the ends of her hair free. I would use thin, skinny bobby pins if you try this style RNP so that you can easily hide them in the twist. Also, to make it look more fancy you could add some curls on the ends at the bottom. :)

marikamt
October 22nd, 2009, 10:17 AM
I think there was something similar to this in that nifty 60's hairstyles thread...... I will look.
redneckprincess.... check out the how to do a gibson roll article, I think they show how to do a pull thru- it is really easy. You make a pony (or mini-pony like for a half up) and secure it w/ your elastic. Then in the "pony part" above the elastic, split the hair in half so there is a space, bring the pony part up and pull thru (over the elastic, then down behind it).

ericthegreat
October 22nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
After re-reading the thread and looking at the photo again, I think that it might be a pulled-thro ponytail as well. Like marikamt said, a pulled-thro ponytail is very easy to do. you do a regular ponytail and tie it with an elastic. Then, right above the ponytail you open it up just a little bit to a make a space. Then, you flip your whole ponytail over and tuck the ponytail into the space you made, and you completely pull the ponytail out underneath that space. :)

marikamt
October 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
eric... does it look like they started a braid first?? Like maybe the first "lump" (I don't know how else to explain that :D ), then pulled it thru and fanned it out underneath????

redneckprincess
October 22nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
ok i used to do that all the time as a kid... i was kind of thinking that but theres no twisted hair...i will give it a try thanks ☺

Heidi_234
October 22nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Hmm...half up topsy tail maybe?

ericthegreat
October 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
eric... does it look like they started a braid first?? Like maybe the first "lump" (I don't know how else to explain that :D ), then pulled it thru and fanned it out underneath????

Marikamt, I would think that even if you start the first cross-over of a braid, it would make somewhat more of a crossing design. The picture RNP is showing us only has a little bit of a twist like less than an inch down, so I think the lady in the picture simply either (A) did a half ponytail, twisted it a little and secured it with bobby pins like I first thought or she (B) did a half ponytail and then pulled it thro underneath like you thought as well. It just doesn't look all that complicated for her to go thro all that trouble LOL! :p

Beldaran
October 23rd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Hmm...half up topsy tail maybe?

That's exactly what it looks like to me.

redneckprincess
October 23rd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Marikamt, I would think that even if you start the first cross-over of a braid, it would make somewhat more of a crossing design. The picture RNP is showing us only has a little bit of a twist like less than an inch down, so I think the lady in the picture simply either (A) did a half ponytail, twisted it a little and secured it with bobby pins like I first thought or she (B) did a half ponytail and then pulled it thro underneath like you thought as well. It just doesn't look all that complicated for her to go thro all that trouble LOL! :p

although it was a tv actress and she probally had 6 hairstylists :D