PDA

View Full Version : Son's awesome braid

spidermom
April 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM
I braided it. It's a 4-strand done like this:
1) Divide hair into 4 equal sections.
2) Cross right-side strand over 2 center strands.
3) Cross left-side strand over 1 middle strand (which just so happens to be the strand brought over in step 2).

Repeat steps 2 and 3 to end.

Doesn't it look awesome?
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/DSbraid.jpg

khyricat
April 21st, 2008, 10:54 AM
looks great!

KajiKodomo
April 21st, 2008, 11:06 AM
Oooh, it looks great! I've always loved a single braid on a guy! :D

Now, I just need to convince my hubby to grow his hair out! :p

Isilya
April 21st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Very nice job, Spidermom! It's indeed an awesome braid. Your son must have very thick hair.
I must try it myself, tomorrow afternoon.

Lamb
April 21st, 2008, 11:16 AM
That's very neat! (And your son's hair, too! ;))

Gumball
April 21st, 2008, 11:18 AM
That's really awesome, spidermom. :) Your son has great hair for it, too. It turned out quite well.

spidermom
April 21st, 2008, 11:20 AM
Very nice job, Spidermom! It's indeed an awesome braid. Your son must have very thick hair.
I must try it myself, tomorrow afternoon.

Oh my goodness; he does! And he practices "not so benign" neglect. He'll come over with almost dred-locks from not combing it for days and ask me to comb it out. Ack! It can take half an hour or more with extra conditioner massaged into the worst knots.

Lixie
April 21st, 2008, 11:24 AM
That looks great, nice job spidermom.

Ohio Sky
April 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Your son has great hair! Ive been meaning to try this braid on DD and just havent gotten around to it.
Beautiful! (if you can say that about a guy :p)

Isilya
April 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
Oh my goodness; he does! And he practices "not so benign" neglect. He'll come over with almost dred-locks from not combing it for days and ask me to comb it out. Ack! It can take half an hour or more with extra conditioner massaged into the worst knots.

He can do that and still have hair looking as great as it does? :shocked: No fair :wail:

Patrycja
April 21st, 2008, 11:35 AM
great braid!

WritingPrincess
April 21st, 2008, 11:38 AM
No fair that his hair is so thick, especially when he doesn't take care of it! :p I'll have to try that braid.

GlennaGirl
April 21st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Whoa. That is simply gorgeous.

Does he have the same hairtype as you?

florenonite
April 21st, 2008, 12:14 PM
Great braid! And he has lovely hair, too.

AutumnLeaves
April 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM
It looks awesome, SpiderMom! Now...hopefully I'll remember those directions next time I try to make an egg braid bread (mine was a twisted mess, though it tasted good when I made it) as well as when Jordan comes over next time! I'll get to practice on her! Too bad my braiding on myself is limited to a 3 strand non-French, non-Dutch braids. Too hard to do more than a regular old braid on myself!

missy60
April 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
What a great braid and so thick. I have to agree no fair he has such nice thick hair without even trying.

sahasralah
April 21st, 2008, 12:49 PM
That looks great!

Violeta
April 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM
wow, he has a great color, soo jealous :D
i always wanted lighter hair.

spidermom
April 21st, 2008, 02:10 PM
He can do that and still have hair looking as great as it does? :shocked: No fair :wail:

It must be because he comes to the right place for comb out.

spidermom
April 21st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Whoa. That is simply gorgeous.

Does he have the same hairtype as you?

He does, but thicker.

Isilya
April 21st, 2008, 02:16 PM
It must be because he comes to the right place for comb out.

:lol: I bet you a right about that. If he would try and rip a comb through his hair, it would not look as good. He's very lucky to have a mom like you :)

Angela_Rose
April 21st, 2008, 03:34 PM
Ooh, i'm going to have to try that braid! i do a different four-strand; this will be a nice change! In any case, that shine is almost blinding! Whee!

Islandgrrl
April 21st, 2008, 03:46 PM
Smack him upside the head and tell him to take care of that fantastic head of hair! That braid rocks - it's gorgeous!

david
April 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM
I braided it. It's a 4-strand done like this:
1) Divide hair into 4 equal sections.
2) Cross right-side strand over 2 center strands.
3) Cross left-side strand over 1 middle strand (which just so happens to be the strand brought over in step 2).

Repeat steps 2 and 3 to end.

Doesn't it look awesome?

Wow, this braid is awesome. I wish I knew how to do it on my own hair. Tried to follow your instructions but I found it seemingly impossible to do on your own hair.

EdG
April 21st, 2008, 06:26 PM
Doesn't it look awesome?That is awesome! :joy:
Ed

MountainGypsy
April 21st, 2008, 06:30 PM
Fantastic braid! His hair is so thick.

coppercurls
April 21st, 2008, 06:36 PM

Why can some people (seems like men more than women) can get away with that?:shrug:

His hair & the braid look great.:)

Qwerty Uiop
April 21st, 2008, 08:28 PM
OOH! That is awesome! I am so looking forward to having another long haired son to do that braid on.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but a half hour of detangling would have been an incredibly short, easy time for dd before her first big chop. We know much better now, but she still hasn't had the nerve to grow it back to Classic yet. I think mine was the same way in childhood, but I just accepted it and assumed that my mother didn't have anything better to do, since she always called it "your beautiful hair" and never just "your hair".

psvzum
April 21st, 2008, 09:04 PM
Your son has beautiful hair and so do you : )

tomm
April 22nd, 2008, 08:21 AM
What a handsome braid, spidermom! Thank you for sharing - and please let your DS know he looks very good with his hair braided.