PDA

View Full Version : Anti-aging products for hair?

NiAosSi
October 21st, 2009, 06:20 PM
I thought this was interesting: http://howlifeworks.com/health_beauty/kronos/?cid=8088li2_weather_rm

I can't believe they called it Botox for hair. Has anyone come across this at all? It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. There really is no miracle cure for hair. Eat better and baby your mane to heck does it all...

plainjanegirl
October 22nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Botox for hair? I am thinking this is probably a scam.

Mutinous
October 22nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
That crazy. Notice how it once never says to stop blowdrying, straightening, perming etc. your hair to improve its condition, you just have to fork out loads of money on hair 'botox'.

*shakes head*

Heidi_234
October 22nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah, we had a discussion about it long ago heh. One point that was made there - These products promise "boost hair volume and body by an unprecedented 96%", well my circumference is 4", and like any other LHCer I would like thicker hair, but uh - not 8" mind you. :p

GoldLady
October 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Sounds a lot like Kerastase's Nano-Emulsion Technology. :rolleyes:

Bonkers57
October 22nd, 2009, 12:48 PM
Botox for hair....yeah, right...

NiAosSi
October 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
That's what I've been saying. Botox for hair is such a stupid term to use!

Hiriel
October 24th, 2009, 10:00 AM
That crazy. Notice how it once never says to stop blowdrying, straightening, perming etc. your hair to improve its condition, you just have to fork out loads of money on hair 'botox'.

*shakes head*

Yeah, they even mention that these things do damage the hair, but you shouldn't stop doing it, oh no. There's a shampoo commercial like this on the TV here, about how the things that damage your hair, like flatirons etc, also can irritate your scalp, and therefore you need this super-protective shampoo! Or you could just, you know, stop doing those things ;)

Cholera
October 24th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I wonder why they don't post ingredients on their website? Maybe they don't want us knowing it's just normal shampoo/conditioner/detangler in a fancy bottle?

Bonkers57
October 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Doctor, it hurts when I do this... :laugh:

Yeah, they even mention that these things do damage the hair, but you shouldn't stop doing it, oh no. There's a shampoo commercial like this on the TV here, about how the things that damage your hair, like flatirons etc, also can irritate your scalp, and therefore you need this super-protective shampoo! Or you could just, you know, stop doing those things ;)

clairenewcastle
October 24th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I suspect this is just an ordinary conditioner full of cones, no better or worse than a thousand others on the market.
The problem is some people believe the hype. To mention botox seems like a clever marketing ploy but it could also put a lot of people off the product.