PDA

View Full Version : hair help

AngelBlossom1
October 21st, 2009, 06:04 PM
Ok, So back in late september I had gotten a relaxer, and an inch of hair cut.
So my hair was at the bottom of my neck after..and now my hair has grown alot since.

But, I want to know what else I can do to make it grown even more faster.
Here are some things I have aready been doing.

Trimming my hair every 4 weeks.
Doing hot oil treatments with Olive Oil.
Using Mane N Tail Shampoo/Conditioner
Massaging my scalp everyday.
and,Washing my hair I wash every 2-3 days.

I seem to be doing good I guess. But, I just want to know is there anythings else I can do to help it even more

P.S By the time I get my next relaxer which I might get soon my hair should be at my shoulders. but, My goal is bra length.

jojo
October 21st, 2009, 07:07 PM
:waving:WELCOME TO THE LHC

Monistat is very good at speeding things up and many get good results with biotin.

Hope you get excellent growth. x

Elenna
October 21st, 2009, 07:51 PM
AngelBlossom1 can you wait a couple of months before you get it trimmed? You will be trimming away all of your growth with 4 week trims. Many of us trim every 3-4 months and only a minimum amount to even out the hemline. Others trim even less.

MAO
October 21st, 2009, 07:58 PM
AngelBlossom1 can you wait a couple of months before you get it trimmed? You will be trimming away all of your growth with 4 week trims. Many of us trim every 3-4 months and only a minimum amount to even out the hemline. Others trim even less.

What she said :)

ravenreed
October 21st, 2009, 08:09 PM
I trim frequently, just a micro-trim. Slightly more than dusting. If I don't my ends start tying themselves in knots.

clairenewcastle
October 21st, 2009, 08:15 PM
A combination of catnip rinses and washing my hair as little as possible seem to be working for me. Plus trimming as little as possible....I tend to S and D instead.
Good luck with the hair growth!

Anje
October 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
As others have said, if you can get away with less trimming, you'll see more growth. However, I know that the relaxers make your hair more fragile and prone to breakage.

Have you tried oiling between washes? Coconut oil is a particular favorite, though curlier hair often likes heavier oils like olive and shea (I don't know whether relaxed hair follows the curly tendency or not). This generally involves using a drop or two applied to wet or dry hair, usually concentrating on the ends. People usually have a preference for wet or dry, but it varies, so try both.

You might want to look at condition-wash-condition (CWC) as a method of cleansing, or even conditioner-only. Many find these are less harsh than using shampoo and conditioner in the standard method.

Finally, pay attention to your protein-moisture balance. As I'm sure you're aware, relaxed hair often needs protein, and you'll want to follow that with a moisture treatment. Your current conditioner has protein in it, so that probably helps. I won't give you any product recommendations, because my hair ties itself into knots if I so much as walk past protein-containing products.

Welcome to LHC!

AngelBlossom1
October 22nd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all your replys

Btw, I don't use any heat in my hair at all, Cause I know that messes up your hair.
and, I'm gonna try some Coconut Oil..I have heard alot of good things about it.