PDA

View Full Version : Help I'm stupid

jera
October 21st, 2009, 03:10 PM
Make that ignorant. I see there's a new social group for tailbone and classic length members. I thought tailbone and classic were different labels for the same thing. :o

Can someone explain the difference? I'm not at tailbone length yet but hope to be by next year.

:cheese:

pepperminttea
October 21st, 2009, 03:13 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought there was hip length, then a little further down at the top of the bottom, tailbone, then at the bottom of the, well, bottom, was classic length.

pradabacon
October 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM
Here's a little chart:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/hootietoot/hair-growth-chart.jpg

pradabacon
October 21st, 2009, 03:16 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought there was hip length, then a little further down at the top of the bottom, tailbone, then at the bottom of the, well, bottom, was classic length.

That sounds about right. Top of the bottom is hip length (at the top of the hip bones), mid-bottom is tailbone (top of the "vertical smile" :eyebrows:), and bottom of the bottom is classic (sit on it length). *lol*

:D

Euphony
October 21st, 2009, 03:27 PM
That sounds about right. Top of the bottom is hip length (at the top of the hip bones), mid-bottom is tailbone (top of the "vertical smile" :eyebrows:), and bottom of the bottom is classic (sit on it length). *lol*

Slightly (only a little) off topic. My hair is tail bone, lately I find I pull it when I'm sitting since I'm sitting on it. Am I built weird, is my butt too big, or am I sitting strangely or all of the above plus whatever else anyone can think of? :D

liseling
October 21st, 2009, 03:29 PM
Here's a little chart:

wow awesome - did you make that chart?

pradabacon
October 21st, 2009, 03:49 PM
Nah...I would have put a few of the measurments a tad higher. :laugh:

Euphony, are you sitting up straight, young lady? :p I see what you mean...you can definitely sit on TB length hair if you are sitting back instead of unnaturally straight. I will be sitting on mine a little when I'm at TB, too. Yay! :D

Are you sure you aren't almost classic? :eyebrows:

Euphony
October 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM
hehehe I bet I do it when I'm not sitting straight up completely :D I do sit very straight up when I drive - I don't know why I do it - my husband teases me about it too. I do notice my hair getting caught between me and the back of the seat, but I don't think I'm actually sitting on it. But at home especially in the mornings watching the news with hubby in bed, I sit on it, or he sits on it - it's become amusing, trying to keep my hair out of everyone's way.

Kleis
October 21st, 2009, 04:38 PM
Tailbone is that thing that hurts like blazes FOREVER when you crack it hard. *rubs upper butt area sourly* Speaking from experience and all...

I don't think I've ever injured myself in the Classic area. It's far more protected by butt fat.

Aerith
October 21st, 2009, 04:40 PM
Here's a little chart:

Thank you! This is a very helpful chart! :)

Euphony
October 21st, 2009, 04:47 PM
Tailbone is that thing that hurts like blazes FOREVER when you crack it hard. *rubs upper butt area sourly* Speaking from experience and all...

Oh yeaaaaa that was that thing I fractured a couple of years ago on my deck :rolleyes:

Okay, maybe I'm a tad passed (or in this instance would it be past?) tail bone (I'm thinking it's been a long day :cool:).

ericthegreat
October 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
Hummmm. I guess my hair is even longer on my body that I thought it was. It currently is just past the middle of my butt. When I wet my hair or if I happen to even slightly bend back, it covers my butt completely. According to hottietoot's chart then I'm actually closer to classic length! :cheese:

Willheit
October 21st, 2009, 07:02 PM
Here's a little chart:

Great chart! Thanks for posting it, it's a good visual reference for those of us who are "imaginatively impaired" (maybe just me :p). :)

pradabacon
October 21st, 2009, 07:26 PM
You're welcome, everybody. :D

Charts are cool! Remember kids, stay in school and don't do drugs! http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/hootietoot/ok.gif

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/hootietoot/lol.gif

Aer
October 21st, 2009, 08:04 PM
The title of this thread made me laugh so hard tea came out my nose! I think the other posters have you covered as far as the answer to your question. Cool chart.

may1em
October 21st, 2009, 08:09 PM

I don't think I've ever injured myself in the Classic area. It's far more protected by butt fat.

Beverage on keyboard.

Yeah, I took a hit to the tailbone during a roller-skating incident as a kid. That hurt FOREVER. PSA - don't try to skate over a raised threshold on the way into the ladies' if you're a klutz like me. You WILL fall.

Ice and anti-inflammatories and laying on your stomach all help.

Anje
October 21st, 2009, 08:50 PM
Euphony -- I find I sometimes catch my hair under my rear sitting on a soft surface like my bed, and it likes to catch between my end and the back of chairs. Might that be what you're getting? I doubt sitting on it becomes a hazard until at least classic, or perhaps a little past, since the rear end probably holds the hair away from the sitting-on parts.

My hair's latest hazard is getting trying to get caught when I'm fastening my belt with it loose. Sooner or later I'll learn to put my hair up before I get dressed....

jera
October 22nd, 2009, 02:34 PM

Thanks guys. I'm just brushing hip length now. I can't wait to reach classic. When I sit on my hair for the first time, I'll know I've really achieved a major hair goal. :)

:cheese:

jera
October 22nd, 2009, 02:41 PM
Beverage on keyboard.

Yeah, I took a hit to the tailbone during a roller-skating incident as a kid. That hurt FOREVER. PSA - don't try to skate over a raised threshold on the way into the ladies' if you're a klutz like me. You WILL fall.

Ice and anti-inflammatories and laying on your stomach all help.

mayhem, I've done exactly that. Rollerblading over a threshold=accident=pain !!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

Truly I've had so many tailbone injuries, the bone kinda sticks out more than it should as a result. :o I need a tailbone pad to get through my life. Ha!

Heidi_234
October 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM
I tend to disagree with the chart. I'd place BSL as the line that goes right under the breasts (just like a bra strap should), and mid-back as the length halfaway between BSL and waist length. Quite alot of people tend to get lost in that wasteland (;)) between BSL and waist, and another milestone could be very helpful. It got me though. :p

As for tailbone - I'm not sure where mine is, so I just think of it as halfaway between BCL (butt crack length - top of the vertical smile) and classic. It makes sense to me. :shrug:

GlassEyes
October 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
I tend to disagree with the chart. I'd place BSL as the line that goes right under the breasts (just like a bra strap should), and mid-back as the length halfaway between BSL and waist length. Quite alot of people tend to get lost in that wasteland (;)) between BSL and waist, and another milestone could be very helpful. It got me though. :p

As for tailbone - I'm not sure where mine is, so I just think of it as halfaway between BCL (butt crack length - top of the vertical smile) and classic. It makes sense to me. :shrug:

Bra Strap length is iffy. Some people count it the hair FIRST reaches the bra strap (which is as the chart shows, I believe--I hardly have any experience with that area :eyebrows:) and then mid-back comes AFTER you've passed the bra strap.

And then there's those who say it's the bottom of the bra strap that's BSL, anything above that is pseudo-armpit length, aand mid-back length still comes after BSL. I tend to think of Mid-back length as being a bit lower than the chart shows, actually, bu the chart show more progression between milestones than what I'm used to--where each milestone comes with a lingering period of growth time before passing into another, if that makes any sort of sense.

Like, after reaching passing true BSL,. you'll still have a little bit to go before I'd think of it as mid-back...okay, not the best example, because I think mid-back is anything after BSL, but you might get my point? XD;

pradabacon
October 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
I agree...if I had made the chart myself, I would have put the measurements in slightly different places (BSL and mid back a bit lower, waist and hip a tad higher). It's just a good general reference. :)

I think waist should be the narrowest part of the torso (wherever that happens to fall on the individual), and hip should be at the top of the hip bones. Mid back should be halfway between BSL and waist - and I would probably call tailbone at halfway between hip and classic. I like things even.

Just my opinion, though...:shrug:

jera
October 22nd, 2009, 05:07 PM

Hey Heidi, tailbone is that little protruding bone just above your butt crack. You can feel it. :eyebrows: Classic is where your buns are.

But, I think BSL ( below shoulder length) is shorter than bra strap length. On me it is anyway. I've got long legs and a longish torso so my long hair sojourn is gonna be a rough one. I always think of BSL as just below the shoulders, while Mid back is around the bra strap line. :p I mean the encircling strap you hook around your back.

Heidi_234
October 23rd, 2009, 01:12 AM
Hey Heidi, tailbone is that little protruding bone just above your butt crack. You can feel it. :eyebrows: Classic is where your buns are.

But, I think BSL ( below shoulder length) is shorter than bra strap length. On me it is anyway. I've got long legs and a longish torso so my long hair sojourn is gonna be a rough one. I always think of BSL as just below the shoulders, while Mid back is around the bra strap line. :p I mean the encircling strap you hook around your back.
The tailbone is not above the butt crack, that's a different bone (hence my favorite BCL milestone - butt crack length, which is right at the top of the crack). Try searching 'tailbone' in google images, you'll see it is placed way under the top of the butt. Anyway, for us it's just a body mark to measure our hair against - so it doesn't really matter if we don't place it accurately, as long as we place it in the same area.

BSL, as I know it, is Bra Strap Length. Since guys don't wear bras, but they need that milestone to, for guys it goes by Below Shoulder Length. Below shoulder length is far more vogue than measuring against a solid line that is marked by the bottom of one's breasts.

If somebody cheats and says she's BSL wear super thick sports bra, well, that's her problem, because all she does is to fool herself. After BSL it's a long count for waist, with or without the midback I advocate for (and most people do want to reach waist first thing). It's not a compatition. we all do it for ourselves after all.

Our bodies are all different, so there's no point to make super duper accurate. Some have short torsos which crumble BSL, midback and waist in a space of two inches, some have smaller bottom area, allowing them reach hip, BCL and tailbone really fast.

Classic is where the buns meet the thighs in the back - the very bottom of the bottom, to be (more) precise. :wink:

Alun
October 23rd, 2009, 02:03 AM
I think I'm hip length. I wasn't sure where that was before. OTOH, You can almost count the number of hairs that even reach my waist.

My goal has been tailbone for a while now, but now I'm confused about where that is! There again, my goal is really to get all my hair down to my tailbone, wherever it is, so that is still going to take a long time. Plus, if it isn't where I think it is, then that might not be my goal, LOL!