PDA

View Full Version : More tangles at collar length?

detritus
October 20th, 2009, 03:04 PM
My hair is finally getting long enough to touch my collar, but I've noticed a lot more tangling in the last couple weeks. Will that eventually end when my hair is long enough to lay on top of my shirt?

Amara
October 20th, 2009, 03:07 PM
It sure will - just keep on growin'. I just had the same thing happen at tailbone length - suddenly my hair wasn't falling in the inward curve of my lower back anymore, it was hitting the top of my butt. Same idea - suddenly the ends are getting stuck on something new and that causes tangles. I use a tiny dab of coconut oil on my ends and it helps a TON. :)

spidermom
October 20th, 2009, 03:13 PM
For me - no. I still get a solid matt at the collar area whenever I wear my hair down or braided.

detritus
October 20th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Stop telling me bad news, spidermom. ;-) I hope it stops. I can't keep my hands out of my hair (bad habit, I know) and tangles drive me batty. At least I can do a lot more updos now.

spidermom
October 20th, 2009, 03:33 PM
O.k., is it too late to say I was lying?

brok3nwings
October 20th, 2009, 04:43 PM
that has been my nightmare! I love wearing my hair down once in a while and it gets so tangled that i take about one hour to detangle it! i dont get scared anymore but it sure looks scary eheh :P

HairColoredHair
October 20th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Mine doesn't tangle at the nape when loose, but it does when braided. :)

jojo
October 20th, 2009, 06:47 PM
My hair gets more tangles the longer I get!......sorry dont shoot me!

But oil is my friend!

ravenreed
October 20th, 2009, 11:27 PM
If I wear collars, I get tangles when my hair is down or in a pony. If I wear a pony, I get tangles where ever the hair hits my shirt. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. My hair is tangle prone, however, so yours may settle down.

RancheroTheBee
October 21st, 2009, 01:06 AM
Yeah, me too. I trimmed it to try to take care of the problem, but it didn't make a difference. Congratulations! Your hair is long enough to be annoying now. :grin:

lonestargal
October 21st, 2009, 07:28 AM
Uhhh, I'm going through this right now. When my hair was waist length and I wear it down, I'd get horrible tangles and mats at the base of my neck just like Spidermom. It's horrible!! At beginning of summer I cut my hair pretty short and several trims later it's now at collar when wavy (shoulder when straight) and it is tangling really bad. I wore it down the last 2 days and it was bad bad bad. Now I know why I always wear it up. I'll have to try and be more diligent with the coconut oil....

NiAosSi
October 21st, 2009, 07:34 AM
I have this problem. My nape hairs always tangle. It's annoying and I try to douse them in oil or condish to untangle them with a fine toothed comb.

CindyLea1
October 21st, 2009, 07:53 AM
I get the nape tangles. I don't know if it is the very terminally short hairs or If the hairs are broken from rubbing on my shirts. If I dab them with coconut oil, it's not too bad, and easier to detangle. Updo's help, even a ponytail. But down and loose is BAD!!!

detritus
October 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah, me too. I trimmed it to try to take care of the problem, but it didn't make a difference. Congratulations! Your hair is long enough to be annoying now. :grin:

Heh. I did actually feel this way. "OMG my hair is being so annoying! :mad:" Then a beat later "OMG my hair is long enough to be annoying!:)"

It's very exciting that it's growing. If I ignore the layers, my hair is right around the longest I've ever had it. I just discovered this week that I can do a sock bun and a peacock twist (with the aid of an elastic anyway). It feels good to make noticeable progress after maintaining it at chin length for so long while I trimmed off the henna.

Jezerellica
October 21st, 2009, 12:40 PM
I have to be super careful of nape hairs! For a while, I chose to ignore them and what a mess, I had to cut the canopy off to match it got so bad many years ago!! THAT was sad.

So, now those nape hairs get special treatment with careful combing and oil. I am still looking for a way to protect them from breaking and tangling. The careful combing seems to be the #1 help now. Good luck with this!!

Alexannee10
October 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
I still have tangle when I'm wearing scarves .. Arf ..