PDA

View Full Version : Supportive family comments!

Kiraela
October 20th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Recently, I was telling my mom about my plans to trim, and She freaked out, worried that I'd cut it to above tailbone. I assured her I wasn't going to cut it too short, and she said I wouldn't be me without my hair.

Also, I just found out my sister is a hennahead! We didn't see each other much when I was growing up, and she's had red hair since I can remember, so I never guessed. We were discussing my love for red hair, and she said if I ever decide to take the plunge and go for it, she'd come visit and henna it for me! I hadn't even brought up the subject of henna, fearing that she'd think I was nuts!

tkmommy2108
October 20th, 2009, 01:26 PM
That's so nice that your family supports you!!

Amara
October 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM
How cool to have TWO supportive family members! :)

katha
October 20th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Thats great! My mum loves my hair, too, while my brother and my father... well.. it's hair, they don't care. :D

KajiKodomo
October 20th, 2009, 02:08 PM
That's great! It's nice to have supportive family!

My mom tells me that she prefers me with short hair (as in pixie), and my sister says that she "knows for a fact" that I won't grow my hair out as long as I want it. :rolleyes:

verene
October 20th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Nice to hear of supportive family comments. My family is also supportive of my long hair. My mom's is down to tailbone herself, and my husband is at mid-back+ so neither of them will criticize and I think the rest of the family just doesn't care one way or the other.

No excuses
October 20th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Nice! :)
My parents are also supportive about me growing my hair. They rather pay attention to the thickness, though, because this is what has bothered me since I remember... Recently I have noticed that I have a bit more hair than in the past and my family members were kind enough to compliment me on it :D I felt very happy that they did this because I know they are always honest towards me :)

amaiaisabella
October 20th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Yay for supportive family! My mom would love to do henna, but her greys are concentrated in one area, and it would look weird for one patch to be red, as the rest of her hair is very black. But she helps me henna sometimes! She oversees to make sure I don't miss anything :)