PDA

View Full Version : Stepped on my hair!

gnegirl
October 20th, 2009, 07:22 AM
I had a partner helping me do lower ab leg lifts at the gym, my hair was in a long loose ponytail, and when i got up off the floor, her foot had been on a small section. I heard a small ripping sound, and saw a few strands of my hair on the floor. Ow! She felt really bad about it, and I just laughed a bit and said 'it will grow back'.

I usually end up taking my hair out of whatever ponyelastic bun its in to do floor work, this was a first, but its hard to put your head on the floor with a little half bun sticking out in the wrong spot. I've had the same problem in Yoga class.

Any other 'stepped on' stories?

Mutinous
October 20th, 2009, 07:28 AM
I've not had anyone step on my hair yet! I do frequently manage to lean on my own hair when I wake up and end up yanking some hairs out, which is midly annoying!

Friesiangirl
October 20th, 2009, 07:44 AM
That's why my long haired friend pairs up with me during weights. I am always making a double check for her classic length hair's safety. Well, and her's too ^.^

Hayley

Angela_Rose
October 20th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I've been known to kneel on mine. My dog's stepped on it more than once...

Hiriel
October 20th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I have a nice one, but I think it'll be a bit difficult to explain. Bear with me ;)
We were learning swing dancing of some sort in gym class in high school, and we were supposed to do a move I might fail at describing...
Basically, the boy was standing, the girl crouching behind his back (her face towards his back), and they were holding hands between his legs. He was then to pull her through between the legs and up, spinning her around so she landed on her feet facing him.

Yeah, you can probably guess... The boy I danced with accidentally stood on my hair when he pulled me up. Yes, it did hurt a little bit :p

Olivia23
October 20th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Ouch Hiriel! That sounds painful!

Fractalsofhair
October 20th, 2009, 10:09 AM
What about side braids that you pin up on each side? It might look silly, but it could work! I saw a long haired woman at the gym I go to with (waist/hip) length braids, so probably tailbone length hair, with side braids, and that leaves the back of your scalp free.

motormuffin
October 20th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I've closed it in the car door and gotten it stuck in the seat belt buckle. I closed it in the door at a store when it closed too fast behind me. Got it stuck on some guy's shirt button when I was in line for something. I really should have worn it up more. This was when I had it longer.

Isa-belle
October 20th, 2009, 11:21 AM
My cat steps on my hair constantly. Other than that, I haven't had this honour ;)

Hiriel, your experience does sound painful :eek:

Fethenwen
October 20th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Heh :D This reminds me...

Sorry but I really have to post this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeYgwXBEdQs

Aaah, the many difficulties of long hair :)

gnegirl
October 20th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I may try the side braid idea for Yoga. Or mini princess-leia buns :) My hair is about 3/4 of the way to armpit length right now.

friskybiznus
October 20th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Congratulations on your milestone!! :D

eresh
October 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Crouching down at the supermarket to get something from the bottom shelves (the cheapest shelves ;))...and someone standing on your hair just when you get up...*ouch*

Or when I crouch down and accidentally put the one foot on my own hair...getting up and *GAAH*

Or on the bus...when someone wants to sit in the seat next to me, I always have to move my hair out of the way quickly.

eternallyverdan
October 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Not stepped on precisely, but I had it in a ponytail at the dentist's office once and he rolled on it with his wheelie chair while I was reclining. Took me a second to pass the message on with my mouth propped open. :tmi:

little_acorn
October 20th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I don't have stepped on problems but I do get cats curling up in my hair to sleep. DH leaning on it without me noticing during special cuddles :o :eyebrows: and sometimes I get it caught in my chair back at work

Rivanariko
October 20th, 2009, 02:34 PM
I've had it get stuck under people/things before. Always a surprise when you go to stand up and get stuck! They tend to get really confused at first, then apologize profusely.

A single braid never seems to get in the way of the back of my head if I start it at the nape, or if I french braid it. Usually I'll tuck the end under my bra strap to keep it from getting stuck underneath anything. I feel a little silly, but it keeps it under control!

Aerith
October 20th, 2009, 07:26 PM
I sometimes step on my hair when I wear it down and have to bend down to pick something up. :( Ouch!

LoversLullaby
October 20th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Ouch, that sounds like it hurts.
But my hair hasn't ever been that long to have someone step on it. If I'm laying on the floor, my dog will sometimes step on it, which hurts.

Cereus
October 20th, 2009, 07:41 PM
The other day I got on the floor to do some stretches and two of my dogs decided to help me. Well, I had my hair loose and they ended up standing on it. I tried to push them off and they became more and more tangled in it. I couldn't pick my head up enough to see how to untangle them. It was a horrible predicament. I did manage to get everyone loose eventually but from now on my hair is up when I attempt exercises on the floor.

CaityBear
October 20th, 2009, 08:19 PM
When I'm cuddling with my boyfriend, he always leans all over my hair and traps my head down. lol Never had much problem with stepping on it or anything.

camirra555
October 20th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Ow! Sounds painful. I've never had my hair stepped on but my bf somehow always finds a way to lean on it at bed time or trap it between his arm and the couch. Then I end up squealing "ow, my hair" and he rolls his eyes...

nicolezoie
October 20th, 2009, 11:48 PM
I'll never forget the first time I stepped on my hair, and tried to blame the dog for it. He WAS sitting on the floor between my feet, but it was me who stepped on it when I stood up. I think it was to my knees at the time. Then there was the time when it was about hip length when I was crawling on hands and knees to get a pen that fell way underneath the table.. nearly gave myself a concussion that time. :mad:

Flynn
October 21st, 2009, 01:14 AM
Yes. Boyfriend. Frequently. Leaning, stepping, lying, sitting.... I can;t even safely wear a braid around him! XD (He's a long-hair too, so he should know better!)

JamieLeigh
October 23rd, 2009, 10:57 AM
Ouch!! I bet that hurt.....but it's still a cool long-hair moment. :D My kids walk on my hair when it's loose and I'm sitting on the floor. So I usually keep it up around them. :p

Islandgrrl
October 23rd, 2009, 01:03 PM
I stepped on my hair this morning, in fact. During yoga class. Doing sun salutations and my hairfork fell out. As I stepped forward into lunge from down dog, and then into forward fold, I stepped on my hair. Noticed as soon as I tried to stand up. :bigeyes: Oooops!

longhairedfairy
October 23rd, 2009, 01:04 PM
Well, my hedgehogs step in mine sometimes. I have to check them afterward to make sure there's none wrapped/stuck to them (it can cut off circulation in their little legs), but they loooove hair.

Eniratak
October 23rd, 2009, 02:22 PM
Ouch. XD. Sounds really painful.
I've stepped on my own hair in the middle of Walmart. It's funny now, but it was slightly embarrassing at the moment.
I had bent over to tie my shoe and I didn't notice that my hair was touching the ground and had slowly ended up under my shoe. So when I stood back up, I yanked it very hard. It was rather painful and I shouted...at my foot. XD. Oooh the people you find in Walmart.

prittykitty
October 23rd, 2009, 02:27 PM
My daughter has long hair and wears a bun on the very top of her head sometimes. This might be an option.

Fiferstone
October 23rd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Mine gets trapped under my husband sometimes on the couch. That's fun :)

Armelle
October 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
I've had people sit on it and I didn't notice until I tried to get up. I have gotten a newborn stuck in my hair...that was awful embarrassing...and difficult to remove. :o