PDA

View Full Version : Waxy buildup

beachwaves
October 19th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I am in week two of washing once a week and I CO once during the week as well to freshen up. I noticed that after doing a wash on Friday the shampoo wouldn't lather up. Then I followed with the SMT for hour and then rinsed out. I used Aloe gel that day to enhance my waves. Today (Monday) my hair feels waxy. Does anyone have any suggestions to remove that waxy feeling?

aisling
October 20th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Use a clarifying shampoo and lather up twice, make sure you wash from root to tip. Then after that condition the length well, it will need it. Don't use an SMT this time, try something else without honey.

Carolyn
October 20th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Yes! Using a clarifying shampoo is the first place to start curing many hair woes. Clarifying strips the hair. That's what it's supposed to do. So use a nice heavy moisturizing conditioner to replace the lost moisture. Chances are this will fix your waxy build up.

beachwaves
October 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks! I did Joico Chelating shampoo and then I left VO5 conditioner in for about 5 minutes. I put a littlejajoba oil in to cure the frizzies. It feels better so far :cheese:!

Here is a picture of it:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4140&pictureid=53195