PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again...

Eniratak
October 19th, 2009, 02:52 PM
When it gets cold even with the sun shining, when the wind blows on sunny days, and when my hair clings to just about anything.
If you hadn't guessed already, I have a dilemma.
Static. It's horrible and sometimes during these horrible days, I can even run a hand through my hair and hear the 'static', I guess, pop.
So, does anyone have any ideas about what I can do to my hair to make it stop being so clingy to everything?
Thanks!

Pachamama
October 19th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Hello!
You just have to avoid acrylic clothes, or in general syntethic material.
It makes a big difference when you wear only natural elements like coton or wool....
I hope this might help...

Maddy25
October 19th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I hear rubbing a fleecy laundry sheet on your hair takes out static! I have never tried it but my mom always does it.

RancheroTheBee
October 19th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Maybe oil it a little bit, to cut down on the dryness? It works for me.

Eniratak
October 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Thanks everyone!

littleWren
October 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Something that works well for me is wiping a fabric softener sheet ( the ones made for the dryer) over the static parts of my hair. Its great becauseyou can keep a few in your purse or whatever you carry and your set for a static free day.

Tressie
October 19th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Also try a bone, or wooden comb. The hard rubber variety may work well too. Wear your hair up...............but we pretty much do that all the time lol!

melikai
October 19th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Silicones used to give me awful static! I think hard water also aggravated it, but we have fairly hard water here and I never get static-y hair, so for me it was the 'cones.

clairenewcastle
October 19th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Going cone-free two years ago had many advantages - less hair static was one of them. My hair is not so fly-away any more, but when it was I would tame it with jojoba oil.

halo_tightens
October 20th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Oh wow, really-- being cone-free means less winter static?

I hope that's the case for me! This will be my first winter cone-free, and I've always had such terrible static in my hair. If it's any less annoying this winter, I'll know it's thanks to the LHC!!!

Angela_Rose
October 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM
Oh wow, really-- being cone-free means less winter static?

I hope that's the case for me! This will be my first winter cone-free, and I've always had such terrible static in my hair. If it's any less annoying this winter, I'll know it's thanks to the LHC!!!

Cone free + light oiling made my first LHC-winter wonderful for my hair. No static for me! I loved it. Welcome! :pumpkin: