PDA

View Full Version : Been on Biotin for 2 months now...

TropicalBreeze
October 19th, 2009, 09:32 AM
and still no results. I am taking 5000mcg a day. My hair has grown just a teeny tiny bit. Should I stick it out and keep taking it? How long does it usually take before you start to see results with Biotin? Thx for any help / advice!

kdaniels8811
October 19th, 2009, 09:36 AM
The best method to grow hair is my personal favorite ,,, tincture of time. It is the only proven method to grow hair. Bioten may make it healthier and possibly grow a little faster but time is really the only proven method. I know, I am very impatient for mine to hit waist! Maybe by spring....

jojo
October 19th, 2009, 09:54 AM
It can take 3 to 6 months to see a change in any new vitamin regime (?sp)

Gothic Lolita
October 19th, 2009, 11:13 AM
It can take 3 to 6 months to see a change in any new vitamin regime (?sp)

Second this! I've read somewhere that you should stick to a new supplement for 3 month at least and only ever should introduce one new thing at a time to see the effects.

friskybiznus
October 19th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I agree, give it at least three months. It's kind of like watching a pot of water boil.....:D

longhairedfairy
October 19th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I'd stick with it. I've started to feel a little bit of a change in the top part of my hair. Even if it hadn't done anything for my hair it still made my toenails look much better.:)

TropicalBreeze
October 19th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Ok, that settles it. I will definitely keep taking Biotin. Thanks for all of your help!

Carolyn
October 19th, 2009, 02:40 PM
At least 3 months. You might see results in your nails before you see it in your hair.

Sissy
October 19th, 2009, 05:46 PM
yeah, nothing to hurt by continuing to take it. If you're looking to try more supplements for hair health/growth I recommend MSM, Fish or Flaxseed Oils, and Evening Primrose Oil.

yogachic
October 20th, 2009, 10:01 PM
All biotin did for me was give me more pimples.

redneckprincess
October 21st, 2009, 01:07 PM
it took me about 6 months before I started noticing any big effect in length..

kam984420
October 21st, 2009, 05:50 PM
it took me about 6 months before I started noticing any big effect in length..

i think it took me right at 6 months too.

jojo
October 21st, 2009, 07:11 PM
I'd stick with it. I've started to feel a little bit of a change in the top part of my hair. Even if it hadn't done anything for my hair it still made my toenails look much better.:)

:beerchug: heres to better looking toenails!!.....................and better top part of hair, any improvement is good yeah?:)