PDA

View Full Version : my scalp

natorade
October 19th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I have noticed lately that I have these little scabs on my scalp. My scalp doesn't itch but i get these little bumps like pimples and scabs. I would go to the dermatologist but I have no insurance. What do you think it could be?

Yozhik
October 19th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Have you changed your shampooing/conditioning routine? Could you describe your hair routine -- that would help with a diagnosis.
I haven't been on here long, but I'm willing to bet it has to do with that.
Or maybe a fungus (my father had one of those, and it looked like really bad dandruff/scabs)? I might try a vinegar rinse.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will post. Good luck :)

natorade
October 19th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Have you changed your shampooing/conditioning routine? Could you describe your hair routine -- that would help with a diagnosis.
I haven't been on here long, but I'm willing to bet it has to do with that.
Or maybe a fungus (my father had one of those, and it looked like really bad dandruff/scabs)? I might try a vinegar rinse.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will post. Good luck :)
I wash with my hair with purology and con with kpack moisturizing. Every couple of weeks I do a protein treatment. I haven't changed my routine. I have been diagnosed with psoriasis before but not on my scalp. I wonder if it is psoriasis.

Arctic
October 19th, 2009, 01:14 AM
I had something similar when I was trying to stretch my washing and used oils. I have acne prone skin and my scalp is no different. It slowly went away after I started washing enough and stopped using oils so often. Also ACV rinses and aloe vera mixed with essential oils like lavender and/or tea tree and applied to scalp after washing (no rinsing) helped me.

Try to treat it soon as infection in hair follickles might damage them in worst cases. I would go back to routine that last worked for you.

hmmm
October 19th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I used to get these sometimes. I do scalp massages with oil (usually coconut, sometimes mixed with castor) before washing. That usually takes care of them. Using mild shampoos also helps, SLS shampoos always irritated my scalp more.
I hope it works out, I have a moody scalp as well, but these problems are usually temporary.

Do they hurt?

natorade
October 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM
I used to get these sometimes. I do scalp massages with oil (usually coconut, sometimes mixed with castor) before washing. That usually takes care of them. Using mild shampoos also helps, SLS shampoos always irritated my scalp more.
I hope it works out, I have a moody scalp as well, but these problems are usually temporary.

Do they hurt?
No, they don't hurt. Maybe it is scalp acne. I am acne prone.

Carolyn
October 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM
A vinegar rinse would be a good place to start. Have you tried any S & C's with tea tree? Giovanni makes a nice one that's reasonably priced and available at Target. When I get some scalp break outs both of those things have helped me.

girlcat36
October 19th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I vote for fungus. I get this 'scalp acne', and it is usually after a round of antibiotics(which leaves you with fungal overload).
Try ACV rinse and a tea tree/lavender scalp massage.

Roseate
October 19th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Another vote for vinegar and tea tree or lavender oil.

I've even added a few drops of the oil directly to the ACV rinse, but make sure you shake it up well before applying or the oil will be all in one place. I use a squirt-top bottle (like an old shampoo bottle), and put the rinse right on my scalp, let it sit a while, then rinse with water. I do 1 TB ACV/1cup water.

Good luck with the scalp, I know how frustrating that stuff can be!