PDA

View Full Version : growth rate and texture

natorade
October 18th, 2009, 02:59 PM
What texture of hair do you think grows the fastest?

Amara
October 18th, 2009, 03:07 PM
This might be a good poll question over on the hair projects and polls board!

Aer
October 18th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I think either very fine or very thick coarser hair. This is just my observations, I could be wrong. But in general, I think they all average about the same growth in a month.

Hairtada
October 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Whichever one mine is not for certain. :)

It seems like thin straight grows fastest but that may be an illusion due to the straightness of it.

windinherhair
October 18th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Hmm... I hadn't even thought of it in ways of texture. I have just thought about it per individual.

longhairedfairy
October 18th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I think it just depends on genetics rather than the specific texture, but I've never actually thought to study it to find out.:)

JamieLeigh
October 18th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I have hair that is on the very verge of Fine, and into Medium and I grow very quickly. If I left it alone, I'd average right at an inch a month. But that could also be due to genetics or diet.

So I dunno. :confused:

natorade
October 18th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I have hair that is on the very verge of Fine, and into Medium and I grow very quickly. If I left it alone, I'd average right at an inch a month. But that could also be due to genetics or diet.

So I dunno. :confused:
I wish I could grow an inch a month.

ericthegreat
October 18th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I honestly don't believe that hair texture has any effect on the actual growth rate of someone's hair. I've heard personal stories from straighties that their hair grows super fast, and I've also heard personal stories from curlies that their hair grows super fast as well. I also have friends who are African American who also report that their hair grows very fast as well.

What really effects your growth rate is both how well you take care of your body(eating right and living healthy) and also of course how well you take care of your hair.

As for my own hair, it definitely grows very fast. I know that when I first began growing out my hair, I started out with a crew cut and within two months I was able to part my hair in the middle. After six months it grew down to my chin, and in less than a year I was at shoulder length. I've had my hair long for about 8 years now, and I am still getting new growth! I'm going to let my hair reach its terminal length!

little_acorn
October 18th, 2009, 11:23 PM
As for my own hair, it definitely grows very fast. I know that when I first began growing out my hair, I started out with a crew cut and within two months I was able to part my hair in the middle. After six months it grew down to my chin, and in less than a year I was at shoulder length. I've had my hair long for about 8 years now, and I am still getting new growth! I'm going to let my hair reach its terminal length!

:bigeyes: Eric you might get swamped by all that hair if you let it get to terminal :p

ericthegreat
October 18th, 2009, 11:25 PM
:bigeyes: Eric you might get swamped by all that hair if you let it get to terminal :p

Then I will become LHC's personal Cousin It! :cheese:

little_acorn
October 19th, 2009, 12:06 AM
:rollin: :rollin: love it - Eric (aka Cousin It) :D :D