PDA

View Full Version : CWC Question

Wally
October 18th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I purchased some AO Camillia conditioner to use as a preconditioner before W/C. However, I use an SLS shampoo (Nexxus Therappe). My concern is, will the shampoo just strip out any preconditioning so I am just wasting my time? TIA for your insights.

Sissy
October 18th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Hi there,

I love AO Camilla Conditioner! I have to be careful about rinsing it well or else my hair appears greasy and such as it's such a rich conditioner. I find that to be true about many of the Aubrey Organics line actually.

Regarding your question, I don't think it will undo all the goodness. However, if you are worried about stripping the benefits of the AO then use a shampoo that is sulfate free such as Suave or VO5. Personally, for me, Aubrey Organics is pretty pricey so I would use it as the final conditioner. I would use oil as a pre-wash.

However, I might not be the best person to ask as I usually don't do a pre-wash. Usually what I do is just do a CO with a cheapie conditioner (v05 clarifying vanilla mint tea conditioner is my fav) then follow it up with a heavier conditioner like the Aubrey Organics.

Ash
October 18th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I do not think you are wasting your time. When I do a CWC, I wet all my hair and apply the first conditioner to my hair and use shampoo only on my scalp, not the lengths. Even though rinsing will cause suds to go down the lengths somewhat, it doesn't appear to cancel out the conditioning effects. On occasion I used to use that same shampoo with a CWC and had no problems.