PDA

View Full Version : 5 min. style

sahiba
April 21st, 2008, 03:45 AM
If you had exactly 5 min. to go out with your husband for a movie , how would you dress your hair?

Miss Murphy
April 21st, 2008, 03:47 AM
English braid. That also would leave me wit 4 1/2 minutes to ponder what shoes to wear :cool:

He just loves it when I braid my hair.

meichigo
April 21st, 2008, 04:03 AM
On the assumption that it can't be left down, probably a gibson tuck held with a flexi8. it's my favourite.

Eirinn
April 21st, 2008, 04:24 AM
I second gibson tuck:) It looks very romantic to me:D Oh BTW is there any tutorial how to do it properly? I always end up with something differend:shrug:

aisling
April 21st, 2008, 04:45 AM
English braid. That also would leave me wit 4 1/2 minutes to ponder what shoes to wear :cool:

He just loves it when I braid my hair.

Haha, that could be me :) Also, I find that a braid is more comfortable than a bun when going to the cinema. A bun usually doesn't fit those comfy chairs they have. For other surprise happenings I'd probably do a cinnamon bun with a Ficcare and spend the next minutes choosing clothes instead of doing my hair.

Stevy
April 21st, 2008, 05:15 AM
Log roll with one of those 'two combs separated by elastic with pretty doodads on' hair toys.

Also, I'd probably spend four and a half of those five minutes waiting impatiently for him to get out of the bathroom and put his shoes on, because my husband has no sense whatever of 'we have to be here at X time'. ;)

eadwine
April 21st, 2008, 05:42 AM
10sec quick bun with the bent needle. 10 seconds and done.

Silver & Gold
April 21st, 2008, 06:32 AM
My hair isn't very long yet so it would be a peacock held with a flexi-8 or a quick twisted bun or half up held with a single hairstick. I can do these styles in less than 5 minutes at my length.

Curlsgirl
April 21st, 2008, 06:48 AM
I would do the braids too for a movie because of leaning back in the seat. I would end up taking any other updo down. I might also wear a half-up.

For other occasions I might do any number of styles. The ones I know how to do are not that time-consuming, french braid taking the most time probably or double braids.

levelek
April 21st, 2008, 07:43 AM
If he is in my good books: down. He'd complain about everything else.
Otherwise, probably my default cinnabun :)

mommy2one05
April 21st, 2008, 07:48 AM
I would just pull part of my hair back in a small barrette and wear loose or in a loose low ponytail because everytime I am in a hurry and want to do something nice it never works...I'm just a simple girl.

mommy2one05
April 21st, 2008, 07:52 AM
by the way where do i find the instructions for the different updos people listed in previous posts?

Masara
April 21st, 2008, 07:53 AM
A French braid. It means I can lean back on the seat and I don't have to worry about it.

Isilme
April 21st, 2008, 07:56 AM
a dutch braid or a herringbone over one shoulder.

1nuitblanche
April 21st, 2008, 10:46 PM
I'd probably do a low ponytail. Maybe a braid, maybe a french braid, or maybe off to one side.

TheHippieChick
April 21st, 2008, 10:49 PM
I( like a french twist/roll whatever...the uppy downy one :D But if I was going with him and had five minutes...I would tuck it behind my ears and call it good :D He likes it down

Carla
April 21st, 2008, 10:51 PM
I'm opting for "down" as well. My boyfriend loves it. If I put it up, a figure-eight would probably be quickest and easiest.
Though... if I had 10 minutes, a loose braid curled up snailshell-style and secured with a hairstick would be my elegant vote. 10 minutes includes several retries :P

OhioLisa
April 21st, 2008, 10:53 PM
A sock bun with some sort of green hair accessory (his fave style with his fave color accessory). I don't need to worry about the leaning back factor. As long as I can put my head on his shoulder, I am good. :D

Aisha25
April 21st, 2008, 11:05 PM
I would do a simple braid with flowers or some kind of hair jewelry:).

Rosepatrice
April 21st, 2008, 11:07 PM
Well, a ponytail is good, and so is a scunchie bun. I would match my scrunchie with the outfit, of course. Another is a french twist.

TheHippieChick
April 21st, 2008, 11:10 PM
actually...the more I think about it...If he came home and said...can you be ready to go tothe movies in 5 minutes? It would take that long for him to convince me that he was serious !~

rubyredslippers
April 21st, 2008, 11:20 PM
Substitute "husband" with "boyfriend" and and "home" with "my home," slightly different scenario, but end result would probably be a half-up with a hair-friendly claw clip for a good hairday or if my hair wouldn't cooperate english-braided pigtails (his favourite), but neither of those would take five minutes. I'd probably spend the rest of the time picking out a shirt.

GOPLawyer
April 22nd, 2008, 12:09 AM
Figure eight w/ a single hair stick....and lots of time left over.

LanaMonsoon
April 22nd, 2008, 12:13 AM
A sock bun with some sort of green hair accessory (his fave style with his fave color accessory). I don't need to worry about the leaning back factor. As long as I can put my head on his shoulder, I am good. :D

This made me smile, what a sweet post!

willowcandra
April 22nd, 2008, 01:02 AM
Quick cinnabun held with an extra large flexi8. Never fails!

Cloverleaf
April 22nd, 2008, 03:13 AM
When I'm in a hurry, a figure-8 is best for me. But if it's his idea to go out, I'd go for either half up or a low ponytail. He likes it down of course!

Juliet's Silk
April 22nd, 2008, 03:38 AM
Haha, that could be me :) Also, I find that a braid is more comfortable than a bun when going to the cinema. A bun usually doesn't fit those comfy chairs they have. For other surprise happenings I'd probably do a cinnamon bun with a Ficcare and spend the next minutes choosing clothes instead of doing my hair.

My thoughts exactly! Maybe I'd do a rope braid if I felt that something more fancy was needed :D

Nat242
April 22nd, 2008, 03:48 AM
Probably just a cinnamon bun, or a braid perhaps.

This has actually happened to me several times - we're a short stroll from the cinemas, which has $5 movie tickets for students, so I have heard, "Want to go see X movie? There's a screening in 30 minutes, so we need to get going" (got to be there early to score popcorn and good seats ;) )

-- Natalie

Amoretti
April 22nd, 2008, 05:19 AM
A quick figure 8 held up with my new hairfork or a cinnabun with my silver Ficcare Primavera. I can do those styles in 20 seconds. LOL.

khyricat
April 22nd, 2008, 05:36 AM
a 20 second figure 8 or orchid bun with a fork... or a cinnabun with my ficarre...

my buns are small enough that they are only uncomfortable if I try to lean back and go to sleep on them, and some of them are even ok then...

Shanarana
April 22nd, 2008, 05:45 AM
This is how I wear my hair when I just give up.....http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=358&pictureid=9735 In fact, I'm going to work like this, just can't be bothered this morning. :rolleyes:

If you can't see the picture, it's in my public album....Giant jaw clip.

lookingglass
April 22nd, 2008, 06:44 AM
He prefers it totally down, which I don't usually do. So, I'd just rinse some conditioner through it and scrunch in some leave in. DONE!

spidermom
April 22nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
I would pull my hair over one shoulder and braid it.

catfish
April 22nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
A single braid with a pretty flower pony holder/ribbon on the end:D