PDA

View Full Version : Oil in dry or wet hair??

Jennie80
October 18th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Hi. I have been searching in here for an answer to my question but I couldn`t find one. i just bought coconut oil and I wonder if a should have dry or wet hair when I put it in?? I will do a deep treatment.

I hope some one will help me..
Have a nice sunday...:D

Brownie
October 18th, 2009, 07:11 AM
If you want to do a deep treatment you could oil your hair one day before you wash it. If you want to oil it to keep it smooth and protect the ends, add a bit of coconut oil (maybe a fingernail's worth) after you've washed it.

Jennie80
October 18th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Ok. Thank U for your answer. I have so much to learn haha. Before I just brusht and washt my hair and that`s it. Now I`m trying to keep it in good health and so on. I hope for good results..
Hope U have a nice sunday. I´m spending my sunday at this forum. I can`t quit reading haha

eadwine
October 18th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Depends on the person's hair. Some like to put the oil on dry hair, others on wet. You have to try and see if your hair likes it at all even, because some people's hair doesn't respond well to oil at all. :)

Jennie80
October 18th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Now I have put the oil in. The hair just loves it. It almost wanisht in the hair. Smells good. I`m going to wash it before I go to bed. So it`s about 8 hours..I look like I have butter in my head. I braid it carefully.
This product is easy. It melted in my hand and I didn`t have to take much at all..
Can I use this instead of silk drops after wash??

Jennie80
October 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Depends on the person's hair. Some like to put the oil on dry hair, others on wet. You have to try and see if your hair likes it at all even, because some people's hair doesn't respond well to oil at all. :)
Hi. Nice cat:D I have used olive oil before one time and my hair loved it. It was soft and shiny the next couple of days. But I think the olive oil smells nasty and it is so greasy..This is even good for my hand. Now they are soft to.. I will se tomorow if it did a good job. Otherwise my body likes it:D

eadwine
October 18th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Thanks.. that is my two weeks ago passed on kitty Dixie :)

Good use for the oil indeed! ;)

Jennie80
October 18th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I ove cats but I can`t have any. We live to near a road. I had 2 cats but they were ran over by stupid people who drove to fast..

Ok. Now the next question..How do I do when I`m washing it later?? I read that conditioner should take the oil out. And if I take water first it will be greasy..

I just love this site. I don`t think I have been a member in a site like this were U will get an answer so quick and meet so many lovely people and at the same time repeat your old school English.. I`m stuck here for a long time to come..And I´m having a such a good time reading and looking at the nice pictures..

Konstifik
October 18th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I think it depends a lot on the hair. I've found that my hair likes it best to be oiled when still damp.

Most oils are washed out during... Wash. But you just need to reapply it afterwards, so it's not a big problem. At least not for me. :)

Jennie80
October 18th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Thank U. I do as I always do when I wash then..

Off topic: Is there a thread about hair dos?? I really need some inspiration. I have no imagination at the time.

Konstifik
October 18th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Thank U. I do as I always do when I wash then..

Off topic: Is there a thread about hair dos?? I really need some inspiration. I have no imagination at the time.

In the Articles, there's a section with hairstyles. Lots of different braids, buns and other up-dos. Check it out! :)

Cherry_Sprinkle
October 18th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I use coconut oil on my dry hair but EVOO on wet. If doing a deep treatment I apply a lot, keep bunned, and wash in the morning :)

pinchbeck
October 18th, 2009, 10:45 AM
For prewashing: Oil on dry hair
For moisturizing the ends: Oil on damp or dry hair
For moisturizing and assistance with detangling: Oil lightly all over on dry hair

When oil is applied to damp hair, my hair looks a wee bit oily after it has dried. This technique, however, works for lots of people. Its best to try different techniques because how the hair will respond is different for everyone.

paperwhite
October 18th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I use coconut oil on dry hair mainly because that helps me see where I've put it and if there are any areas that need more I always put a little extra on the ends, regardless). If I'm doing it during the day, I just toss it up in a bun and let it soak in. If I'm doing it at night before bed, I'll braid it so it's more comfortable to sleep on.

Jennie80
October 18th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Thank U so much. U are all so helpful. I have had it in a couple of hours and it smells good =)
And it doesn`t feel so oily right now so I think the hair took in some..

I will see if I will find the article about hair styles.. Thanks

Jennie80
October 19th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Hi. Now I can tell U about the results I got. My hair is so soft and it were so easy to brush. My new hair about 3 inches is perfekt. The other hair is still little dry so I have to do it more often I think.
Have a nice day

Arctic
October 19th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Hi. Now I can tell U about the results I got. My hair is so soft and it were so easy to brush. My new hair about 3 inches is perfekt. The other hair is still little dry so I have to do it more often I think.
Have a nice day

Oils don't really moisturise, as they don't contain any water, only fat. If your hair feels dry you should use some moisturizing treatment, conditioner, SMT etc.

You can experiment with different oiling techniques when you have no-where to go ;) Some people oil on dry hair, some prefere wet or damp hair. Like already you've been told, pre-wash oiling is also a great hair treatment!

Some oils are a bit hard to wash out, I think coconut was easy to wash out for me. EVOO is thicker and harder to wash out. CO washing for some reason works better than shampoo. My scalp doesn't like CO so I have been using a modified CWC method to wash my deep oiling out (I use EVOO).

jojo
October 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM
My hair prefers to be oiled when wet, like soaking wet. I get a lot of shine doing it this way, though I do oil the last inch of my hair every morning too, to protect it. Since doing this I get a lot less breakage and splits.