PDA

View Full Version : Tips for remembering to massage your scalp

ChloeDharma
October 18th, 2009, 04:34 AM
I've noticed people comment that they mean to do scalp massages but keep forgetting......i too am a nightmare for this!
So, i thought it would be an idea to put tips and ideas to help those who want to add this practice to their routine here and hopefully encourage us to keep at it.

Here are some i've tried and heard suggested.

-If you have a telly program you watch regularly like a soap opera then try getting into the habit of doing your scalp massage in that time. I like to do it while watching Emmerdale.

-In an article on scalp brushing i saw it suggested that you add that to your morning and night routine after/before brushing your teeth, so that when you go to brush your teeth that reminds you to brush (or massage) your scalp.

-Adding it as a step when daily detangling would make sense too.

hmmnnn ok, i just ran out of ideas.....when i started this thread i thought i had more than that :o
So, feel free to post more ideas here.....i know i need to get focused on this again!

BritishBraider
October 18th, 2009, 04:50 AM
good idea, may try it :)

Toadstool
October 18th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Do you have any links to threads on the benefits of scalp massage and techniques for doing so?
Now my hair is so short it's an excellent time to take this up!

ChloeDharma
October 18th, 2009, 05:35 AM
Do you have any links to threads on the benefits of scalp massage and techniques for doing so?
Now my hair is so short it's an excellent time to take this up!

If you google it there are loads! But here are some to help out :)

http://www.hairlossexpert.co.uk/Can-scalp-massage-stimulate-hair-growth.html

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip273.htm

http://www.stopnowhairloss.com/2009/07/29/massage-scalp-to-prevent-hair-loss/

Calista
October 18th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I mostly masage my scalp when I sit on the loo for an extended period of time.

ChloeDharma
October 18th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I mostly masage my scalp when I sit on the loo for an extended period of time.

LOL! I actually quite like that one!

Toadstool.....i found this in my favourites that you might find interesting

http://www.richardsteinsalon.com/chapter2.htm

Toadstool
October 18th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the links Chloe, they are really interesting!

Konstifik
October 18th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I massage my scalp with a mix of oils. And I've placed the jar next to my computer. I use the computer daily, soooo... :)

Speckla
October 18th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I massage my scalp when I cowash. Or when I watch tv. Alot. :)

Amara
October 18th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I just started scalp massages, and I've gotten into the habit by massaging mine before braiding it for bed. I *always* braid it for bed (or sometimes a bun) so it's easy to remember. Plus it's a nice calming routine. :)

Alexannee10
October 18th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I put my hair massager next to my bed, so I remember to do it before to go to sleep :)

Wicked Princess
October 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I find myself doing mine in the shower, when I'm putting on shampoo. That doesn't happen every day, however - is this something I should be doing daily?

edit: The scalp massaging, I mean. Not the shampoo'ing, haha.

spidermom
October 18th, 2009, 06:01 PM
When I bend forward at night to make my top-of-head ponytail for sleep, I press the teeth of my hardwood comb against my scalp as I comb (not too hard), and it makes for a very soothing, pre-sleep scalp massage, ahhhhhhhhhhhh. (Amazing the pile of hair I accummulated right where I do that every night!)

Jessikinz
October 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Reading this thread was a good reminder! ;)

When i'm feeling really bored I will do a scalp massage. When I wake up in the morning I will scalp massage before leaving my bed. It's a great way to start the morning, I must say.

banglaminerva
October 18th, 2009, 08:48 PM
I have a computer session habit every night before I lie down for the night and for about the last 2-3 weeks, I have remembered to massage every night and it's been SO relaxing.

Ironically, I use the same massager on my cat to comb him and he keeps looking at me using my own one every night. Would that he'd let me comb him every night!