PDA

View Full Version : 1 year anniversary! Geez, time does fly when you're having fun..

RedFrizz
October 18th, 2009, 02:32 AM
One of my very first thoughts today when I woke up was "hmm.. Didn't I join LHC last year around this time..?" And when I was awake enough to actually do something I came here to check and was shocked to find out that it was EXACTLY one year ago when I joined. So yay, happy anniversary me & my hair :). Here's a pic from October 18th 2008:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/Radish_photo/IMG_1033.jpg

And here's a picture I just took today (October 18th 2009) before writing this post:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/Radish_photo/IMG_1350.jpg

Even though I planned not to trim at all this year I've actually trimmed quite a lot (around 6 inches altogether I think). During summer time my ends suffered quite a bit and I also neglected them too much, shame on me, so I needed to trim. I also wanted to get rid of my fairytale ends (my hair is very eager to naturally grow into that shape), so two weeks ago I took matters into my own hands (or should I say took scissors into my own hands) and cut off about 2,5 inches. That was a pit painful, but I think my hair looks better now :).

My hair care routine hasn't changed: I still use shampoo bars+ACV+honey to wash and rinse my hair and in addition to them I've introduced myself to various Indian herbs, I use oils everyday and do deep oil treatments at least once a week and don't do almost any heat styling (I've blow dried my hair 3 times and straightened it 3 times during this whole year). Oh, the most important thing: I still dye my hair with henna.

All in all, it's been a good year and I can't wait to see what my hair looks like on my next anniversary!

Dars
October 18th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Your hair looks in great condition and I like the hennaed curls :) Congrats!

Elfe
October 18th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Congratulations, your curls are so beautiful! :)

Isa-belle
October 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Wow! Your red curls are absolutely stunning. :thud:
The general improvement and growth you achieved in a year are impressive!

Congratulations on such progress, and happy anniversary! :toast:

DavidN
October 18th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Congratulations, Redfrizz, on your 1 year LHC anniversary!

You are blessed with the most beautiful thick curls, and the colour is outstanding! Thank you for sharing.

RedFrizz
October 18th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Thank you all for your lovely comments :).

missjessiecakes
October 18th, 2009, 06:58 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Your hair is AMAZING.

jojo
October 18th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Great hair and growth, its going to look even better when you get super long!

linda g
October 18th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your beautiful hair certainly reflects the good care you have been taking of it.

PurpleAshes
October 18th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Pretty curls!

Elphie
October 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
You really need a new user name, because all I can see is perfect red curls and not a hint of frizz to be found. Happy Anniversary!

Lamb
October 18th, 2009, 08:01 AM
:thud: Beautiful, thick curls!! Happy Anniversary!

Amara
October 18th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Your hair is so lovely - and what awesome growth even with trims!!! :)

Cherry_Sprinkle
October 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
beautiful! :flower: happy anniversary!

harley mama
October 18th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Lovely curls! Congratulations on your 1st LHC anniversary.

patience
October 18th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! :cheese:

I love your color and I'm envious of those curls. :)

Sissy
October 18th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Hey happy one year anny! Your hair is beautiful and it has made improvements, although it wasn't bad when you started either! Looking good... keep on growing :)

maegquare
October 18th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful and I love those curls! :flower:

smilinjenn71
October 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Very pretty! Congrats on your Anniv and growth over the last year!

Stephichan
October 18th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Oh my goodness, that is amazing hair! I absolutely love your curls. If I had some like those I'd probably waste so much of my day sproinging them. Yes, I'm easily amused.

pilateschick7
October 18th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary. Your henna shade is absolutely gorgeous.
It is so shinny and healthy! I second a new user name. Happy growing:)

FallenAngel
October 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Just.... WOW!! You have my drem hair! Red, curly and beautiful. :-)

marikamt
October 18th, 2009, 11:59 AM
You gave my dream hair!!!! Alas, I will never have spirals like you...
Your hair is really beautiful!

haha... I posted without reading the thread above me.... yeah, what she said :D

ericthegreat
October 18th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Those are some of the most gorgeous thick curls I've ever seen, you are simply too hard on yourself RedFrizz you've got whatever frizziness you have under control! And I also love your color, its such a beautiful shade of red!

RedFrizz
October 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Thank you so much you guys, you made my (otherwise somewhat gloomy and rainy) day! :D Haha, I think I'm sticking with my user name, it reminds me of what my hair used to be and that I never want to go back to that (getting chills here just thinking about it. And not the good kind..).

And Stephichan, trust me, as I am too very easily amused, during my work day I spring my curls to the point that they start to relax too much and I end up having these weird wavy (and therefore much longer) parts in my hair. Looks oh, so nice..

Yayasmurf
October 18th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Happy Anniversary :cheer: Looking great :D

little_acorn
October 18th, 2009, 01:47 PM
What lovely, thick curls you have - happy anniversary :D

OhioLisa
October 18th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Love love love the color and the curls. Happy Anniversary!! :flowers:

redneckprincess
October 18th, 2009, 04:20 PM
your hair is absoutly breath taking, color...curls everything...congrats and on your 1 year

windinherhair
October 18th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Your henna looks beautiful on your hair! I can definitely see a lot of growth even after your trimming! I know sometimes we have to trim to do something good for our hair, even though it can be hard knowing we will lose some growth too. It really looks wonderful! Happy Anniversary! :)

spidermom
October 18th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Let me get this straight: you trimmed about 6 inches and still got that much visible growth? Color me green with envy! Beautiful; lucky you.

JamieLeigh
October 18th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! :thud: Wow!!! I love those curls, and that's some great length progress. :D