PDA

View Full Version : I swear my isn't growing!!!

Ravenwaves 88
October 17th, 2009, 02:49 PM
For the last month and a half everytime I've measured my hair it has been 28.5

Has this ever happened to anyone?

I usually have a steady 0.5" growth a month. :confused:

eadwine
October 17th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Yep. Just stop measuring, stop fretting about it (stress causes hair loss!!), and measure again in about four months :) You'll see it has grown.

little_acorn
October 17th, 2009, 02:51 PM
It may just be going through a resting phase at the moment - after which you'll have a growth spurt
:D

karli
October 17th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I`ve only measured for a year, but yes, a couple of month it didn`t grow at all. Just have to accept it, I guess.

redneckprincess
October 17th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I know what you mean Mine has been measuring the same (anywhere between 18-20) for the past 3 months or so...but I know its growing I quit measuring...pics works better for me

Shiva
October 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I have never ever measured my hair, but if I start I would like for someone to shoot me.

Ravenwaves 88
October 17th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I have never ever measured my hair, but if I start I would like for someone to shoot me.

HA HA.....thanks for making me laugh Shiva. You are right. It is kind of obsessive to measure. I do it once a month to see progression as a motivator. Maybe I should just ease up and hide the tape....lol.

Themyst
October 17th, 2009, 03:07 PM
It happens to me, too. After about a month and a half with no progress, I waited another month and it had grown at least an inch. I'm a slow grower. :(

Ravenwaves 88
October 17th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Ha ha....I just realised I forgot to write the word HAIR in the title of my thread......sheesh I'm flustered.

wizboo
October 17th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I wouldn't worry, I never get accurate results measuring! Just forget about it and you'll see. And btw, your hair is absolutely gorgeous. Good luck with the growing.

Shiva
October 17th, 2009, 03:10 PM
HA HA.....thanks for making me laugh Shiva. You are right. It is kind of obsessive to measure. I do it once a month to see progression as a motivator. Maybe I should just ease up and hide the tape....lol.

;)

I mean, I can understand why people do it and that's cool and all, but I know if I started doing that I would have high expectations and get disappointed.

Measure on!

jojo
October 17th, 2009, 03:22 PM
its not your hair that isnt growing........its the hair (title) which isnt showing!

Mine does this too which is why I dont measure anymore!

JamieLeigh
October 19th, 2009, 09:34 AM
I hear it's pretty common to have short periods (and long periods) of stalling, growth-wise. That, and you could just be mistaken in measurement....it's really easy to get a wrong measurement with the method we LHC-ers use....but hey, we've got what we've got. :p

cardamom
March 9th, 2010, 05:03 AM
What is the proper way to measure hair?I dont stretch(pull) mine while measuring.Do I have to?

BelleBot
March 9th, 2010, 05:10 AM
I wouldn't worry, mine has barely grown in over 4 months. Never seems to grow in winter. It'll start growing again like crazy no doubt in summer.

Honestwitness
March 9th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I had zero growth for three months at the end of 2009. But since then, I've gained an inch.

Honestwitness
March 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM
I had zero growth for three months at the end of 2009. But since then, I've gained an inch.

HairColoredHair
March 9th, 2010, 09:59 PM
My hair has stalled for about six months in the past.

Plus, your hair is wavy, perhaps it's eating the length!

Marz Hase
March 9th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Don't even worry about measuring it, you'll just stress yourself! You may be in a bit of a stall period.

I haven't even bothered to measure it... I know if I start, I'll be a bit OCD about it and start getting upset. I'm just practicing the new methods I've learned here and just going with the flow. :)

Rhiannon7
March 9th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I went through this last year, my hair did not grow for 9 straight months, then in Mid-December2009/january 2010 it started to grow again. don't worry, just don't measure for at least 3 months, take great care of your hair and all should be fine. it could be a stall, just resting for the winter and will start growing again within 1 or 2 months. depending on your growth rate and stall patterns. have you ever had hair this long before?