PDA

View Full Version : Took her from waist to shoulders yesterday

redneckprincess
October 17th, 2009, 02:41 PM
My friend (tinybabys) kids that is...I dont have premission to post pictures but it was a very sad hair day yesterday....My friend text me and ask if I'd cut "sissys" hair, I said NO, why? and she told me "brother" already started, so she brought her 4 yr old girl over and we (didnt measure) cut off maybe 5"...It curled up on the ends and now lays about shoulder length (tiny baby, hence the name) It wasnt as bad as I imagined...and honistly her hair looks really good, and the hemline is so thick and as she just celebrated her 4th birthday today she looked older....So if we can just hide the sissors better from "brother" Mom does not plan to keep "sissys" hair short for long and because she is so tiny her hair will seem to grow at what we could only imagine in our wildest dreams...

I'll get premission to share the pics or get mom on here to share pics soon

lindaton
October 17th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Oh no, how old was brother? I remember I trimmed my own bangs when I was about 5. Well I cut my bangs off is more like it.

Rivanariko
October 17th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I think I was probably about 5 or 6 when I decided to "trim" my own bangs. I had the theory that if I cut them shorter it would be longer before they'd be in my eyes and in my way.

That's really sad about her hair though. :( I'm sure it will grow back quickly, though, and be just as pretty as before.

Xandergrammy
October 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
My son "trimmed" his own bangs when he was 4. His new bangs were about 1/2 inch long! :gabigrin:

SHELIAANN1969
October 17th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I trimmed my bangs when I was 12, it was awful!:(

Mom still made me go to jr High, I thought it was the end of days, now I see it wasn't! ;)

redneckprincess
October 18th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Oh no, how old was brother? I remember I trimmed my own bangs when I was about 5. Well I cut my bangs off is more like it.

he is 5 I think...

Syaoransbear
October 18th, 2009, 04:37 PM
What a naughty little brother. I remember when I was in grade 6 I had an abusive best friend. One day she asked if she could brush my hair and I said okay, but instead of brushing it she had scissors hidden away and she cut it from classic length to shoulder length. I was devastated because my dream was to grow my hair to my feet, and I've never been able to grow my hair even past BSL length since.

RancheroTheBee
October 18th, 2009, 04:42 PM
What a naughty little brother. I remember when I was in grade 6 I had an abusive best friend. One day she asked if she could brush my hair and I said okay, but instead of brushing it she had scissors hidden away and she cut it from classic length to shoulder length. I was devastated because my dream was to grow my hair to my feet, and I've never been able to grow my hair even past BSL length since.

:O What?! Who does that?

redneckprincess
October 18th, 2009, 04:48 PM
oh my go..sh thats just plain EVIL!!! I said a few choice words to mycomputer screen right there. Thats just awful

Addy
October 18th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I've given myself hair cuts before with razor blades as a child. :o My sister has even tried to trim her own bangs and earned the nick name Butch in 7th grade.

BUT NEVER! have I ever had a best friend whack my hair off like that Syaoransbear! :agape:

Rivanariko
October 18th, 2009, 05:06 PM
That's HORRIBLE! Oh my word! I can't even find words to express how EVIL that is! :grouphug: Have faith, it'll grow again.

clairenewcastle
October 18th, 2009, 05:42 PM

That's terrible! You poor thing! How on earth did you react at the time? I hope she wasn't your friend for much longer.

JamieLeigh
October 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM
My now-5 year old cut my now-4 year old daughter's hair from APL to above her ears earlier this year. So I share that mom's pain. :(

Syaoransbear
October 19th, 2009, 12:32 AM
That's terrible! You poor thing! How on earth did you react at the time? I hope she wasn't your friend for much longer. She did stay my friend for many years after that, as that's usually the trend with abusive relationships :-( I don't really remember how I reacted other than crying while she tried to convince me how much better it looked (it didn't, it was crooked).

I hope the girl in the original post makes a speedy hair recovery!