PDA

View Full Version : Horn combs- where to buy?

Elfling
March 9th, 2008, 06:05 PM
The main site that's coming up in searching for me is ********.com. Any other recommendations on where to buy, and what to buy?

Tabitha
March 9th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Many members here have been very happy with Heavenly Harvest horn combs, myself included. I have no idea what your asterisked-out site might be!

Elfling
March 9th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Oops- did I break a rule about mentioning URLs, or was it just the g@asm part of hairg@asm that got caught?

OR Cowgirl
March 9th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Yep, that's where I got mine! Good combs, good prices!

Elfling
March 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Cowgirl- I <3 your quote :D

TammySue
March 9th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Elfling, I'm sure it was the name that got caught! Yes, that is where I bought mine. However, I do see them on eBay also.

Elfling
March 9th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Ok, phew! Didn't want to go treading on any forum rules my first week here

AJoifulNoise
March 9th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I like this horn comb (http://heavenlyharvestinc.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/119?osCsid=2d65f510a2c58c2f479c20a6b3ecc62d) on Heavenly Harvest.

akurah
March 9th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Ebay is good resource--there are a lot of quality horn combs available. I'm very pleased with my heavenly harvest combs, though--I use them more than my ebay comb.

chloeishere
March 9th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Ebay has a lot, I've heard good things about heavenly harvest, too. I got mine from quecraft.etsy.com-- very afforable, and I like it a lot. I have pretty fine hair, though, and the comb has reasonably fine teeth, so it's not a wide-toother like is generally recommended on here.

lulabelle
March 9th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I like this horn comb (http://heavenlyharvestinc.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/119?osCsid=2d65f510a2c58c2f479c20a6b3ecc62d) on Heavenly Harvest.

I second that, it's my favorite comb! I got mine from their ebay auctions.

Shandra
March 9th, 2008, 08:43 PM
That is also my fav comb... I have 4 I think.... But can only find 2 atm... LOL....

Delila
March 9th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I think it's possible the site you tried to link to is one that's pretty much made it clear they don't want us to review their products. Could be wrong, however.

I love my Heavenly Harvest comb, it's really nice. Definitely comparable to much more expensive items elsewhere. (Did you see how neatly I managed not to mention that other site by name?? :p )

frizzinator
March 10th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Elfling, I bought a comb from that website that cannot be mentioned. They have a lot of styles and each style comes in a variety of thicknesses. I bought the thickest (and most expensive one) in my chosen style. It's difficult to compare it to the pictures of the ones available on ebay. My thoughts were that the thicker it is the more heavy-duty it would be and it might not break. I love it and have used it for 7 months.

Elyce
March 10th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Another vote for Heavenly Harvest horn comb, I love mine. They are at HeavenlyHarvestInc.com and also on eBay. Good luck!

FrannyG
March 10th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I'm another Heavenly Harvest comb lover. I think the price is fairly reasonable, and it's my favourite hair tool. I just love it!

RedButterfly
March 10th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I love the *** horn combs that others mentioned too. They are great quality and truly gentle on my hair and scalp. They are also works of art.

RedButterfly
March 10th, 2008, 10:52 PM
It looks like I can't mention the brand name of the horn comb? Sorry about that. Any way, it is the type of horn comb that was mentioned by others in this thread, if that helps.

manyhorsesmane
March 10th, 2008, 11:08 PM
WOW Heavenly Harvest has just what a freind of mine was looking for, the bone hair forks! I sent her over there, and then told her to get over HERE next LOL!!

Mitzy
March 11th, 2008, 05:03 AM
That comb in AJoiful Noise's post is the same one I have. I love it! Soooo smooth. I have a couple of Ric the Combmaker's wooden combs, too, but that $10 HH one is my all time fave!

k_hepburn
March 11th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Another site supplying horn combs that might be of interest to our European members is Kostkamm (http://www.kostkamm.de/scripts/shop.prg?shop=kostkamm) . Unfortunately it is in German only. I've seen them exhibiting their combs and hair accessories at a local crafts market where they are a regular. I haven't bought any of their combs (yet) but they did look good quality. I do own two of their hair sticks and am quite happy with these - I just wouldn't use they in damp or wood hair, since I don't think they have the kind of finish that would seal the wood.

Greetings

katharine

UrbanEast
March 11th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I am really loving the Heavenly Harvest horn comb that people recommended. I usually hate combing my hair, but it's a pleasure when using this comb--it just feels great going through my hair.

I worry a bit about about the rough parts between the teeth. Has anyone noticed these causing damage?

pariate
March 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I worry a bit about about the rough parts between the teeth. Has anyone noticed these causing damage?

I too have wondered about this and would like to hear feedback/opinions about it.

Anje
March 12th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I have a Heavenly Harvest wide-tooth comb. I like it quite a lot, but it is large and clunky. I've also got a couple smaller horn combs I got from eBay seller terminator_9999. I can definitely recommend her.

MadPirateBippy
March 12th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Another person who is deeply in love with their comb from Heavenly Harvest. My Mom loves it too. They're really inexpensive for something handmade out of quality materials. It's great!

blue_nant
March 18th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Ebay is good resource--there are a lot of quality horn combs available. I'm very pleased with my heavenly harvest combs, though--I use them more than my ebay comb.

I've bought two on ebay. lost one in las vegas, dang and blast that town, and my second one is fine. was about 7-9 bucks.