PDA

View Full Version : Tyra's makeover show

Xan
October 17th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Did anyone see Tyra's makeover show the other day? There was a 23 year old girl with really long hair that she never cut but she wanted a change (shame). Naturally they gave her a short bob.

Shiva
October 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Oh dear. That's truly awful.

Themyst
October 17th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Is this the one you are talking about?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=34757&highlight=tyra+banks

Xan
October 17th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Is this the one you are talking about?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=34757&highlight=tyra+banks

No not that one this girl had hair to the floor.

CheshireGrin
October 17th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I saw this late at night yesterday! I kept complaining about it to my sister while we watched... I couldn't help but cringe as they cut it. >_> I mean, I thought the style they gave her was cute (I love the 80's look) but her hair before was stunning.

JamieLeigh
October 19th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Tyra's makeover shows are garnering quite the bad rep over here on LHC...... :pins:

SimplyViki
October 19th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I think I know which one you're talking about... I actually liked that one, I thought the bob was really flattering, and she was smiling so big afterwards, I think she really liked it. Wish they'd have a professional do all of their makeovers... bad results when Tyra does them herself.

florenonite
I think I know the one you're talking about, and IIRC the girl was truly happy with her bob. Personally I preferred the way she looked with longer hair (and I was annoyed at her fiancé's comment that it didn't suit her or something like that), but as we like to say here she's not here to decorate my world, and if she's happy with it then I'm happy for her.

ETA: This (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=13755) is the one I'm talking about.

chococat
If this was the one where she was tugging then whacking and cutting awful layers into the poor girl's hair, I sat there in shock!!

Nightshade
October 19th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Is it possible to roll all the OMG Hair was cut on Tyra's Show!!!11!!! threads into one thread of concentrated evil?

eresh
October 19th, 2009, 10:56 AM
OMG!!!! I was just thinking the same thing ;) :cheese:

One thing one can do to avoid these make-over shows, if you don't like seeing long hair get cut....turn off the tv ;)

Carolyn
October 19th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Is it possible to roll all the OMG Hair was cut on Tyra's Show!!!11!!! threads into one thread of concentrated evil?That gets my vote :D

Beatnik Guy
October 19th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Mine too.

I concur with the novel turn-off-the-tv idea too.

spidermom
October 19th, 2009, 04:11 PM
T.V.-free living is the way to go!

little_acorn
October 19th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I agree - turn off the TV and spend the time on the LHC forum instead while doing an SMT :D

Nat242
October 19th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Yes! If you're watching, you're contributing to the continuation of this sort of programming. If no-one's watching, they'll stop making them. Guaranteed.

vdhendrix
October 25th, 2009, 05:51 AM
yes the Maury, loves to do this on his show, i think he may have a hair cutting fetish

vdhendrix
October 25th, 2009, 05:52 AM
yes the Maury, loves to do this on his show, i think he may have a hair cutting fetish

lol i meant to say maury, not "the maury"

pinchbeck
October 25th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I didn't see it nor could I find it on Youtube, but some people just get tired of their hair for different reasons. Some reasons could be: boredom, wanting a big change, hair is heavy and hot, wanting an easier style that requires less work or curious. This doesn't cover all the reasons, but if the woman was happy with her new look I am happy for her!

I have to add, however, I am not impressed with Tyra's new look. She looks emaciated. Before her change she was perfect.

windinherhair
October 25th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Oh no, not another Tyra make-horror. Yeah, I would rather be on LHC. :)

curlytiff27
October 25th, 2009, 07:33 PM
What is it with these damn shows lately chopping off everyone elses hair? Its like they want all of society to conform to one standard and have short hair, while they all have long hair in hollywood!

Ok, so maybe my rant was alittle out in left field but thats how it seems lately. Ugh!

Nightshade
October 27th, 2009, 08:57 AM
What is it with these damn shows lately chopping off everyone elses hair? Its like they want all of society to conform to one standard and have short hair, while they all have long hair in hollywood!

Ok, so maybe my rant was alittle out in left field but thats how it seems lately. Ugh!

Actually, the only thing they want is ratings, and the best thing you can do to stop them is not watch and not comment on them. :twocents:

If they got ratings by people in long hair standing on stage combing and doing updos, be assured they'd do that. But big dramatic change = drama = ratings.

enfys
October 27th, 2009, 02:29 PM
From what I learnt in Media Studies (hah!) ratings are based on the people they select to have a box that monitors what you watch and they work out averages from that. Watching won't affect the ratings, but when the programme's people Google it they will get more hits from the hair lopping episodes, and any publicity is good for them.

This seems to be a bigger trend in the US I think. Gok Wan doesn't do it.

Nightshade
October 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
And doubly so when you have people from the Tyra show that have posted here looking for members to come on the show :twocents:

enfys
October 27th, 2009, 02:55 PM
And doubly so when you have people from the Tyra show that have posted here looking for members to come on the show :twocents:

Good point! If we don't discuss her we won't come up in Google.

We need a new version of knee poles...

frodolaughs
October 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
The whole idea of these shows confuses me, but maybe that's because I've never owned a TV and so haven't watched any. I can't really dredge up any feelings about them one way or another. Now, if people are being forced to get their hair cut that does seem like a problem, but I'm assuming that the guests are volunteers?

naomimcc
October 27th, 2009, 11:12 PM
The whole idea of these shows confuses me, but maybe that's because I've never owned a TV and so haven't watched any. I can't really dredge up any feelings about them one way or another. Now, if people are being forced to get their hair cut that does seem like a problem, but I'm assuming that the guests are volunteers?

Yup. They are. Nobody forces them to go on. It's their choice and their decision.

RavennaNight
October 27th, 2009, 11:58 PM
The way to a :horse:'s heart is through it's stomach.

:drama: :chocolate: :cookie:

the thread has been fed.

Flynn
October 28th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Is it possible to roll all the OMG Hair was cut on Tyra's Show!!!11!!! threads into one thread of concentrated evil?

Or just ban them? It's getting very old, it's potentially offensive to the people who had the makeover, it doesn't respect the fact that it's quite possible they got exactly what they wanted, and I thought we had a rule against negative haircutting (vids and) discussions anyway.