PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past - anyone still have Buch and Deichmann barrettes?

Fiferstone
October 17th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone, I was just wondering how many people here remember Buch and Deichmann hair barettes? I have exactly one lone survivor from the late 70s-early 80s. it's a hair buckle (with the attached slide), that's a lovely pale blue, curvy-rectangle shape, with a little flower in the center. It used to be one of a pair, but somewhere along the line its mate has gotten lost. There are a couple web pages I've found with comments from people who remember them, but I never see them on ebay or anywhere else, for that matter. The company still exists, and now focuses exclusively on making fashion eyewear. I just wondered how many of us still remember B+D barettes, or who still have them among their hairtoys collection?

Finoriel
October 17th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I did not remember the brand name, but I ran a quick search and I´m sure I had lots of the oval shaped ones in differrent sizes as a child :D ! I remember having the pale blue ones and brown/tortoise ones and a black? set with gemstones... and I´m having a huge flashback right now :lol:
Haven´t seen them in ages either.

Darkhorse1
October 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Hot Rags here sent me some and I found some on Amazon as well. I LOVE them!I'd found the figure 8 style on ebay. They're awesome barrettes. I never knew the actual name of them as Goody had made them back when I bought the 1 that I eventually killed ;)

ktani
October 17th, 2009, 05:19 PM
The petition could use some help.
*Link removed* Even though it's an on-topic petition, it comes under the "no recruiting" rule.

Fiferstone
October 18th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I've already signed it. :) I'll post a pic of mine once I locate the camera

enfys
October 18th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I found the petition through Google too!

I don't understand how they work. I won't sign the petition until I understand them!

Fiferstone
October 22nd, 2009, 06:12 AM
Hi Enfys, They work pretty much the same as a hairslide. They were very well made.