PDA

View Full Version : How did I live before LHC?

rogue_psyche
October 17th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Today I was at work and my cinnabun would not stay in. I did a protein treatment yesterday so my hair was all slippy and soft. After fixing it three times in the first hour of my shift I had to keep it ponied for a few hours because I was busy the whole time. I couldn't stand it! It was distracting to think of all the knots that were forming as I was working (I have an active job). I used to spend up to five minutes detangling after a shift. :rolleyes: No wonder I kept my hair at APL when I had it in a pony every shift...

It was refreshing to be able to take my hair down and braid it during my break. Anyone else have a simliar "How did I do this before LHC?" moment?

Brenda714
October 17th, 2009, 01:40 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie, what does APL, LHC and the other abbreviations I've seen here stand for, if you would be so kind, thank you :) !!!!

Ryanne
October 17th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie, what does APL, LHC and the other abbreviations I've seen here stand for, if you would be so kind, thank you :) !!!! This should help;
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10

Isa-belle
October 17th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie, what does APL, LHC and the other abbreviations I've seen here stand for, if you would be so kind, thank you :) !!!!
LHC is Long Hair Community - this very forum.
APL is armpit length.
Check out this article http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10

There also is a section on the boards where most questions you may have have probably already been addressed.

Welcome to LHC - feel free to introduce yourself in the adequate section ;)

--
Rogue_psyche, I know what you mean. We glean some great tips from LHC!

ETA: Ryanne, you beat me to it :p

Ryanne
October 17th, 2009, 02:54 AM
ETA: Ryanne, you beat me to it :p
You explained it better, though.

masterofmidgets
October 17th, 2009, 04:03 AM
It was refreshing to be able to take my hair down and braid it during my break. Anyone else have a simliar "How did I do this before LHC?" moment?

I don't know how I got by for so long without braiding my hair to sleep, which I started doing when I came here. It is so nice not waking up to a rat's nest that takes me fifteen painful minutes to untangle. :cheese:

Lemur_Catta
October 17th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Yesterday I thought this too :D I was at uni, and had my hair in two pigtails...my head ached, so I took them off and let my hair down (I hadn't done it since the academic year started). It felt so...weird! My hair was everywhere and it kept distracting me, it was so strange. I ended up braiding it, because I could not stand that anymore.
I don't mind having my hair down if I am out for fun (Saturday is my down day) but sometimes it is really difficult to wear hair down and not think about it.

No excuses
October 17th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I also have this feeling. My hair felt weird yesterday when I went to school having it down... I was thinking about nasty split ends forming due to my negligence and not making an up-do in the morning! :eek:
But I don't think I need any rest from the LHC :D

jasper
October 17th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I don't know how I got by for so long without braiding my hair to sleep, which I started doing when I came here. It is so nice not waking up to a rat's nest that takes me fifteen painful minutes to untangle. :cheese:

This is what I was thinking too. I don't know how I slept before LHC.

Beatnik Guy
October 17th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Before LHC? TLHS. :wigtongue

Honestwitness
October 17th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Ok, Beatnik Guy! What is TLHS?

JamieLeigh
October 19th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Every time I run my hands over my shiny-soft, freshly dried hair, after a deep oiling with coconut oil (overnight) and a CO wash, I think that same thing - "How did I live before LHC?" :crush: :D

Rivanariko
October 19th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I wonder this sometimes! How did I stand to continue to rip a brush through my hair several times a day? Didn't I get the point with how painful it was? Apparently, I just couldn't take a hint until I discovered LHC!

I had rag curls in my hair yesterday and I was fretting about how I was going to sleep. I didn't want to braid my hair because it would ruin the curls, but the idea of sleeping with it down just felt so... wrong!

friskybiznus
October 19th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Coconut oil, catnip, cassia, hair toys....I may have been just a tad richer before LHC, but my hair is now much happier!! :D (plus I'm making some awesome friends! Yay me!)

RancheroTheBee
October 19th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Oh! You reminded me; I have one of those little VO5 protein packs that I desperately want to use. Thanks!

I know how I lived before LHC: With chin-length hair that I constantly trimmed because I had no idea what damage was, and that most times, more moisture was the answer to my problems. If LHC was a person, I would send them flowers everyday for improving my hair so much.

Beatnik Guy
October 19th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Ok, Beatnik Guy! What is TLHS?

TLHS.org was The Long Hair Site and it existed for a long time before this place. It's closed now. :(

Sissy
October 19th, 2009, 05:48 PM
ha, before LHC my hair was frizzing and breaking and not looking so great... now I'm starting to feel a bit better about it. I'm very thankful to be a part of this wonderful community and I've really learned so much :)