PDA

View Full Version : Curlies??

CaraLynn
October 16th, 2009, 02:59 PM
My hair has recently told me in no uncertain terms that it most certainly is curly and would I please stop trying to pretend that if I ignore the curliness it will go away. Ok. Well now my problem is, if I leave it curly it looks fantastic...the day I wash it. But after sleeping on it one night it is the messiest, flattest rat's nest I have EVER seen. How do I revive it, since I don't want to wash every day?

TIA!

CL

Lemur_Catta
October 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
You could try to spray some water mixed with a bit of conditioner\aloe vera gel\glycerin\other...there was a recip for an anti-frizz spray somewhere on the board, but I think that even water with a bit of conditioner would be fine to give new life to your curls :)

Dez
October 16th, 2009, 03:05 PM
head over to the wurly curly thread. There's alot of suggestions there and I am still trying to get good looking 2nd day hair. LOL

Bianca
October 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I just toss my hair over my pillow :p

Brat
October 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I make it a point not to lay on mine. Or lean on it, for that matter. If I lean against a chair or pillow, I pull it over my shoulder. And when I sleep, I lay it across my pillow. Apparently, I do it in my sleep too, cause when I wake up, it's always behind me, not under me!

Wreynn
October 16th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Rewetting is about the only way to get the pretty curls in mine, but sometimes spraying with a mist sprayer helps. Sometimes I use aloe vera in it, sometimes a tiny bit of vitamin E and/or essential oil. Have to shake the bottle when I do that. Running a humidifyer at night helps too. Mine is not only "sort of curly" but very fine. Still want it long though!

jojo
October 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM
In the morning toss your hair in front of you and put a few drops of oil in your hand and rub together and gently grab your hair, the curls will spring back to life!

GlassEyes
October 16th, 2009, 06:36 PM
You can wet and add conditioner/leave-in and/or gel after. That seems to work.

However, I'm lazy, so second day hair gets thrown in a sock bun. :shrug: Too much effort, and they never look as good as after washing.

Curlsgirl
October 16th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I just toss my hair over my pillow :pYes I do this too but it doesn't always stay and it ends up under me at some point! Mine still usually does pretty well the second day. If I spray water on it, it seems to frizz no matter what is in the water. :rolleyes: I do better just leaving it alone and perhaps working some coconut oil in it. My curls are relaxing some as it gets longer anyway and I am learning to just accept that. I'd rather have length right now than tighter curls. Maybe always will. If none of that works you could always do a CO in the morning. Sometimes if I really want fresh looking curls I put mine in a pony in the middle of my head and wet only the "tail" part and CO it leaving the scalp dry. It takes much less time to dry that way and 3a hair doesn't really curl much near the scalp anyway. :D

liseling
October 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM
What I do is wet my hands, put a glob of conditioner (maybe with a little gel mixed in it) on my wet hands, bend over with my head upside down, and smooth the mixture over the hair to try to smooth the ruffled ones back into curls. You can alternate scrunching and smoothing as needed.

Sister13
October 16th, 2009, 09:27 PM
When I sleep, I put it up into a loose, curl-preserving bun. Wet your hands the next day and scrunch any fuzzies back into smooth ringlets.

Could be worth a try.

Curly Hair Liberation Army!!!:magic::magic::magic:

Talma
October 16th, 2009, 09:45 PM
My hair has recently told me in no uncertain terms that it most certainly is curly and would I please stop trying to pretend that if I ignore the curliness it will go away. Ok. Well now my problem is, if I leave it curly it looks fantastic...the day I wash it. But after sleeping on it one night it is the messiest, flattest rat's nest I have EVER seen. How do I revive it, since I don't want to wash every day?

TIA!

CL

Ooh! I know what may help with the "rat's nest" issue. I also used to wake up with a big scary mass on my head that was supposed to be hair but looked more like a fuzzy boulder. Try this website: http://tightlycurly.com/welcome/
This method help IMMENSELY this summer when my big chop was botched by a hair dresser who had no clue what she was doing. I had a vertical box afro like the dude from Kid n Play back in the 90's!! This was what helped me style my hair and hide the box look. It also seperated each curl so that in the morning if my hair was flat all i had to do was pour water over my head and shake the curls back to life. If my hair was frizzy, I used my normal conditioner and some water to smooth whatever curls were frizzing. Usually, it took 5 to 6 days to get frizz and by that time I was due for another wash anyway. Usually what I called frizz no one else seemed to notice too. Since your hair is 2c and not as curly as mine or the lady who made this method I would do a trial and error with different conditioners as well as different amounts you use so you don't weigh your curls down to limp noodles. At night you can braid your hair at the nape or up in a loose bun and it shouldn't mess up the curls. Just smooth them over with a little bit of water on your hands (and more conditioner if needed) in the morning and your hair will look fabulous! I promise! :eyebrows:

Pierre
October 17th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I sleep with my hair in a Buff. My usual style is two bunlets with curly tassels dangling from them, and when I put the Buff on it keeps the curlies that way.

Dars
October 17th, 2009, 10:48 PM
IMO nothing besides wetting it fully again will make the curls look as good as on wash day. If I don't feel like re-wetting my hair I just put it up! :)

Cherry_Sprinkle
October 17th, 2009, 11:12 PM
rewetting and restyling or wearing up is how I deal with mine :)