PDA

View Full Version : My hair has grown 1/2inch since two days ago! :O...

xxaimsxx
October 16th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Hey folks. I measured my hair just two days ago to keep track for the first time and it was 16 1/2 inches. Its grown 1/2 an inch since then! :)
Now im not saying this is the cause of it but for the last week ive drank so so much water. I also ate allot of protein which i dont normally do. I normally have like 3 kfcs a year thats the only chicken i eat (I know thats bad).
I had propper chicken on the wednesday with peas, broccolli. Then chicken yesterday and this morning again.
I've been doing head massages too which are so nice and apparently speeds up growth. (You probs know...).

Ok so now my hair is 17 inches. :)
I know thats nothing compared to the gorgeous mermaids on here but for me its a big deal. My hair can break so easily and its in the best condition it's been for a long while. Im aiming for 24 inches so hopefully this fast growth continues.

I wanted to know whos hair here grows slow and whos hair grows quite fast?
And does anything like food, etc help you?

xxaimsxx
October 16th, 2009, 10:13 AM
''chicken yesterday and this morning again''
I mean for lunch. Not breakfast. lol. :S

redneckprincess
October 16th, 2009, 10:51 AM
hmmm, sometimes I get within 2" diffrence within the same day when I measure my hair. thats why I don t measure much anymore..

peachrose
October 16th, 2009, 11:09 AM
That's great that you are making your lifestyle healthier, it will certainly help your hair. Measuring your hair is very hard to do accurately but the important thing to remember is that it is growing . My hair grows about a 1/2 inch a month which is pretty standard. I hope you reach your hair goals. :)

marikamt
October 16th, 2009, 11:18 AM
hmmm, sometimes I get within 2" diffrence within the same day when I measure my hair. thats why I don t measure much anymore..

Me too!!! I would measure and get a difference and then a month later it would be "shorter" even thought I could tell it was growing..... the slightest tilt of head can do it, measuring wet vs damp vs dry... I was getting so frustrated (and discouraged) I stopped measuring (and stressing)

Not trying to be snarky, but it is highly improbable you grew that much in two days (as much as we would all love to!) although to repeat what has ben said, healthier habits will equal healthier hair, so congrats on that!

jojo
October 16th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Its great if you have got this much growth so quickly but this is too why I have thrown the measuring tape away its so inaccurate.

I prefer photos, why not join my 1 photo a week for a month club!

sweetstaste
October 16th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Congrats, that is amazing. I don't measure my hair anymore because I really don't get an accurate measurement and I don't want to feel like I am not getting anywhere. Pictures are the way to go!

xxaimsxx
October 17th, 2009, 02:55 AM
It has grown its closer to my collarbone now :)

Honey39
October 17th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Well, that's terrific! I think one of the things that I realise about being here is that hair is a slow journey - whatever I do/don't do, it tends to grow about 7 inches a year. Some months it grows over an inch, some months not at all, but my average is 7 inches a year!

GlennaGirl
October 17th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I do believe that eating protein helps hair growth or at least hair health. My hair grows much more slowly than you describe but that's okay. I feel it's growing much healthier with the inclusion of protein. So I agree with you--it can be a help for sure!

Oh, you don't have to eat chicken if you really don't like chicken. How about beans? Loaded with protein. Many nuts also have protein...like peanut butter...mmmmmmmm.