PDA

View Full Version : My 1-year Anniversary on LHC *photo heavy*

JamieLeigh
October 16th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Yep, it's my turn! You guys have been looking at my pink conversations for a whole year tomorrow...but I won't be anywhere near the internet until Monday. So I'll update now.

I was at tailbone when I joined here in October 08, after lurking for awhile first. I had been maintaining at tailbone for a long time, a few years actually, trying to let my bangs catch up with the ends of my hair. This is probably where I got my love for my blunt ends - just from being used to trimming them for so long. When I joined LHC, I had finally gotten to the point where my bangs were the same length as the rest of my hair, so I let it grow on down some.

My goals have changed a lot since joining. And they continue to evolve, the longer I'm here. At first, I was just wanting to grow it all the same length, all the way down. Then I just wanted to get to classic, and intended to maintain it there until everything caught up. Then I decided I would let it grow, with microtrims just to keep the ends fresh. At some point, I will decide to let it just grow and see how long my terminal length is...but I'm not quite to that point yet. My trimmer's-OCD is still running amok. I'm sure my length progress would be much greater if I were to just leave it alone. Someday, grasshopper....someday...

I really love this community and I am happy to have made so many great friends here. Things haven't been going well for my family lately, and it's great to be able to come here and blog about it, and get so many nice responses and well-wishes. I only hope I do the same for all of you wonderful people when I post. It really means a lot to me to have such great friends.

OK, shutting up now, and it's picture progress time:

This was actually taken in late September - it was the first back-of-head length shot I took. I think I measured 38" at that point.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2242&pictureid=27352
In December, I took this one (and you can see how thin my hair was at the hemline, although it was straight across then too), and I was at 40":
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2242&pictureid=27380
In February, I made it to almost-classic, due to a good 1" trim:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2327&pictureid=33230
I did make it to classic in March, but trimmed again in April, about 2" that time. I made it BACK to classic, with a thicker hemline in the summertime. This was taken in June, and as you can see, I've moved away from the straight-across cut:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2327&pictureid=41682
And in September, I took this shot when I was just hitting 44":
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2327&pictureid=50060
It looks much the same now as it did then, because I trimmed 1/4"-1/2" inch the other day.

The next two I put here to demonstrate length difference in a way other than back-of-body shots. The first is January 09 at around 40 1/2", and the second was last night at almost 44":
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2327&pictureid=29221http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2327&pictureid=52853
The first one was for hair-typing purposes, and had not been manipulated since being let air-dry...and the second is obviously combed, and is probably 3 days post-wash.

Thank you for looking, and I hope to be here for many more anniversaries!

Peter
October 16th, 2009, 09:47 AM
This post should come equipped with sunglasses. :D

Awesome hair!

Tangerine
October 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Congratulations and happy anniversary:)
Your hair is stunning in all the pictures but I must say it is breathtaking in the first of the sitting-on-the-floor ones ... awesome! :flower:

Heidi_234
October 16th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Happy anniversary Jamie :flowers:
Definitely a progress there :D Not just brushing the floor, but definitely draping over it :grin:

Isa-belle
October 16th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Oh, but we're LHC "twins"! I never realized we'd joined at the same time :beerchug:
Happy anniversary to you, Jamie!

You're one of my hair inspirations. Your hair is getting more and more beautiful, and you can be proud of your blunt hemline :inlove:
I love that last picture, with your hair quite definitely dragging on the floor!

Here's to a happy second year on LHC!
(((hugs)))

LaurelSpring
October 16th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Happy Anniversary and thanks for posting the pics. Your hair is close to my type and I sometimes wonder if it will look too scraggly if it gets really long. Looking at your pics lets me know that it wont. :) I have always loved that siggy pic of you sitting.

DarkChocolate
October 16th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Very nice hair and progress:)
I was amazed when I saw your September 2009 shot at how much your hair had grown!

I love your last two pictures in that they are creative ways to show growth:)

ericthegreat
October 16th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Jamie, all I want to say is :thudpile:

The very length of your hair is just stunning, and your ends look very thick and healthy even for surpassing classic length!

DavidN
October 16th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Congratulations, JamieLeigh, on your 1 year LHC anniversary, and here's to many more years in our community! Your hair is so healthy and thick, right to the ends, and is a genuine inspiration! Thank you for sharing.

jel
October 16th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Happy LHC-versary! :flowers:

Your hair was already stunning when you joined, but it looks even better now!

redneckprincess
October 16th, 2009, 10:45 AM
amazing diffrence in your hemline...congrats and on your 1 year ☺

Ryanne
October 16th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I remember that picture of you sitting on the ground, and thinking it stunning. Happy Anniversary!

Vrushali
October 16th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Happy Anniversary Jamie ::cheer: You hair is gorgeous!!:thumbsup:

Lamb
October 16th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Happy Anniversary! You have lovely, shiny hair - and it's soooo long!! :flowers:

LutraLutra
October 16th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Just fantastic! Happy anniversary. :cheer:

jojo
October 16th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I love your hair, it is so long and healthy.

KarpatiiSiv
October 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary, your hair is gorgeous.http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/images/smilies/notworthy.gif

SHELIAANN1969
October 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
ohhhhhhh....well holy moly woman, that there hair is beautiful! :blossom: woot woot!

LittleOrca
October 16th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Your hair is fantastic and has always been one I stare at like a love-sick puppy. :hmm: I hope that didn't sound creepy, it wasn't meant to! :silly: Congratulations!

(Selfish note: 2,000 posts!!)

JamieLeigh
October 18th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Thank you guys! It's nice to be gone all weekend, and come back to so many nice posts. :flower:

....and congrats on 2000 posts, LittleOrca! :D

Radulfr
October 18th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Happy LHC Anniversary JamieLeigh - its good to have you around and see your year's worth of progress pics. :)

You have beauitiful hair. :agree:

YoginiCelestial
October 18th, 2009, 07:46 PM
JamieLeigh, Happy Anniversary! Your hair is more than classic! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us.

patience
October 18th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! :cheese:

clairenewcastle
October 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you so much for sharing those gorgeous photos with us - congratulations on your anniversary!

Coriander
October 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Happy anniversary, JamieLeigh... it's been a pleasure reading your pink conversations, and also looking at photos of your lovely hair!

JamieLeigh
October 18th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Awww...thank you so much!! :flowers: I feel like my progress wasn't very dramatic, thanks to all my trimming, lol. But I'm getting happier with my hem thickness, so hopefully my 2-year anniversary will be more fun to look at. :p

hennaphile
October 18th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Happy aniversary!! :cheer:

Your hair looks great and is growing beautifully :D:D

Teazel
October 18th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Happy anniversary, JamieLeigh! I've always loved that sitting hair-typing pic of yours. :crush:

little_acorn
October 18th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Happy anniversary to you and your beautiful hair :flowers:

Tressie
October 18th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Happy, happy anniversary dear Jamie!! Your pics are lovely and your hair is just getting more and more gorgeous!! Very thud-worthy...........as in......WOW~~ (o: Congratulations!!!

Addy
October 18th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Jamie,

I love you so much! :D Ever since I saw your hair, I told you, you were my hair idol and you still are! My favorite pic is the last two you posted. I just love it and will someday post a pic like that of my own!

I am so guilty of not reading blogs! I'm so sorry your family is struggling! I just wanted you to know that I think you're awesome and a great friend and I love reading your HOT PINK posts!

I wish you many years here at LHC with us! Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary!

Much Love~
Addy

friskybiznus
October 18th, 2009, 09:32 PM
JamieLeigh, Congratulations! I enjoy your hot pink posts, too, and your hair is fabulous! You are definitely one of my inspirations! ((hugs))

Yozhik
October 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Wonderful progress! I can't wait to get to your length . . .
Happy hair-versary, and good luck with your family problems

yellowchariot
October 18th, 2009, 09:42 PM
JamieLeigh,

Happy Anniversary! Your long hair and the styles in your albums are truly awesome! I wish you the best on your progression! :thumbsup:

JamieLeigh
October 19th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Oh my gosh, thank you so much!! :o I didn't realize so many people would look and reply, it really means a lot to me to read your nice comments. :flower:

Carolyn
October 19th, 2009, 09:13 AM
What wonderful progress you've made in such a short time! :applause I love the pics where you are sitting on the floor and your hair touches it. So cool!

Rentlle
October 19th, 2009, 10:18 AM
wow, I just love your hair.
it's a remarkable difference, it's so healthy!!
happy growing!

cocolover
October 19th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Happy anniversary! You have gorgeous hair, so shiny!

Fifty-Five
October 21st, 2009, 03:47 PM
Happy Anniversary, Sands XP

burns_erin
October 21st, 2009, 04:18 PM
Congratulations, lovely progress.

Jezerellica
October 21st, 2009, 05:08 PM
Happy Anniversary!! It is so encouraging to see this! Being new myself, in a year I will be having the same kind of fun!!

Enjoy your milestone!!!

wahmof9
October 21st, 2009, 06:10 PM
All I can say is wow...beautiful!

What is your circumference if I may ask? I see you are an ii like me.