PDA

View Full Version : "Cheating" brings compliments!

halo_tightens
October 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I washed my hair last night, and soaked it in SMT with some henna added. (Soft! Shiny!) While it was still slightly damp, I put it all away in a banded tail and went to bed. When I woke up this morning and took it out, it was almost completely straight! So I decided on a whim to cheat just a bit, lol. I dug out my old flatiron and gave just a quick swipe over it all-- nothing like the deep searings I used to do. It looked so nice and shiny, and longer than usual without waves, so I smoothed some cocoa butter over it and wore it down to work today.

This is the first time in months that I've worn my hair this way! It's almost always up now, and on the rare occasion that it is down, I've been embracing my newfound waves. So all day today, everyone I see seems to have something nice to say about my hair! "Oh, it's so shiny!" "Wow, your hair's really getting to be a pretty color lately!" And funniest of all-- "Oh wow, your hair is getting so long!" Hee hee... I'm not even quite to APL yet. :D

It's kind of funny to me that the one day I decide to be a little bit "bad" is the day everyone notices my hair, lol. I guess it does make sense... Today my hair is closer to "normal" hair than usual. It just made me laugh!

And no fear-- I don't plan to make a habit of straightening and wearing my hair down. I just figured, why go to the trouble of growing my hair if I can't have a little fun with it, right? :)

longhairedfairy
October 16th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I can't imagine that once in a while would do any harm to your hair, especially since you just swiped the iron over it instead of torturing it into submission. :)Did you take any photos?

halo_tightens
October 16th, 2009, 09:45 AM
No time for photos yet-- but hopefully it's still all smooth and nice after work, and I'll get a pic then!

JamieLeigh
October 16th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Haha, that is pretty funny. Now that you look like all of them, they notice you. ;)

I want to see photos too! :D

jojo
October 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I like doing that too once in a while!

sweetstaste
October 16th, 2009, 12:58 PM
hahahaha, that is great! Bottom line is what you are comfortable with! I bet your spirits are soaring right now too!