PDA

View Full Version : Lost 4 inches without cutting!

Margeaux
October 16th, 2009, 06:35 AM
So, yesterday was my graduation ceremony from grad school. I had my hair professionally straightened at a salon for the event, for the first time in my life, and hardly recognised myself when I caught my reflection in a window pane! My hair looked shinier, was much lighter in terms of weight as well as colour (properly blonde instead of the strawberry blonde/honey colour I've usually got going on), it had the sleekness of type 1A and I'd suddenly put on a whopping 4 inches... It was actually properly long by LHC standards! :cool:

Needless to say, when I arrived my best friend and two professors proceeded to walk straight past me :rolleyes:

Of course all that matters are pictures - I got my dad to take some and of course my fellow students took a bunch - I expect them to pop up very soon. I'll post the results for you when I get my hands on them :)

But to conclude my experience...Today I've showered and I'm back to my familiar head of corkscrew curls. I lost those 4 inches overnight without cutting. It totally felt like a 'hair outing', a welcome change, a laugh. It looked beautiful and I got a lot of compliments. I didn't even know my hair could be like that. Still, it will be something reserved for only the most special occasions - aside from the obvious damaging aspect of it, I love my hair just the way it is.

penny1971
October 16th, 2009, 06:48 AM
sounds like a lot of fun! I love the way that long hair is so versitile! So many styles are available for all occasions! Up, down., half up, half down, curly straight... instead of short, short, short!!

spidermom
October 16th, 2009, 06:50 AM
I bet it was fun to see the true length, but your curls are awesome.

embee
October 16th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Ah.... I have that naturally stick straight hair, and to me your curls ROCK! Oh my, I've never had anything like that and it would be so cool. The perms of my youth didn't look like curls, they looked like fuzz. Ick.

Glad you enjoyed your little visit to 1a land, and *very* glad you didn't decide to move here permanently... even though 4 inches is a bunch of length. ;)

Margeaux
October 16th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Penny - totally! I consider the pixie cut I once had (now nine years ago...time flies) to be the utter nadir of my life hair-wise. I should dig up some pictures and have a good laugh ;)

Spidermom and Embee - Thank you! :p It's always so great to get hair compliments. Even if I enjoyed the ones I got on my straight 'do more - it was all so unusual. By the by, Embee, I think you can get my kind of curls if you try rag curlers (I think that's what it's called...search in the memories, I'm sure I've seen a few threads about it) which are also completely heat-free. Or maybe I'm just saying the obvious and you already know this ;)

I couldn't permanently stay in 1A land if I wanted to, it's just for special occasions :crush:

JamieLeigh
October 16th, 2009, 10:02 AM
It is nice to try a different hairtype, for a change, isn't it? I like to comb my hair straight every once in awhile. :)

Glad you enjoyed yourself! :flower: I'm looking forward to the pics.

JCFantasy23
October 16th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I can't wait for pictures either! Sounds like a fun day. Me, on the other hand, whenever a special event comes up and I plan to do something creative with my hair, it never cooperates.