PDA

View Full Version : Hair toys in Sweden?

Jennie80
October 16th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Hello. I have benn looking för some hair toys on Swedish web sites but I couldn`t find any..All of you have so lovely toys and I want some for my self:D. Any one????
Bye bye have a nice day

Konstifik
October 16th, 2009, 02:55 AM
I'll be watching this thread with great interest. I'm having the same trouble myself. If you live close to a Glitter-store, they might have some. But no where near the same awesome-class of toys as some people here on LHC, though. :)

Jennie80
October 16th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Hi. Thank U for the answer. Why didn`t I think of that store?? haha. But sometimes they have cheep crap that brakes if U tuch it haha. I will look tomorow when I`m in town..But sweden should get some nce ones not old grandma things..

Nini
October 16th, 2009, 03:24 AM
It's kinda hard to find good quality hairtoys here in Scandinavia.

Stores like Glitter might have the occational plastic or plain wooden hairstick that are good to practise with. You can also find hairclips that'll probably work for you. But the quality really isn't that good.

Which is why online shopping is your best friend:D

Nini

Jennie80
October 16th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Hi. Ok. I will look at the web instead. I read my messege above. Did I wrote cheep as Bääääähhh??? I bought some lenses from US one time and cost me a lot of money for taking it here. Taxes and other stoff.. I payed more för shipping than the lenses cost me...

Elvi
October 16th, 2009, 04:18 AM
Jennie, in my experience if a big net shop has got a filial inside EU, then no customs paying at least is needed. And taxes are paid from things bought from our local shops, too, in Finland as well as in Sweden.

I would also be glad to find a good and not too expensive net shop from inside EU, to buy hair toys.

Magrat
October 16th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Apart from my hair ties and the odd clip all my hair toys are from abroad. :D

I've bought a lot during the last couple of years, and only once did the package get caught in customs. That was no fun. :mad: I ended up paying almost the same amount as the original purchase, what with the tax and then the fee they add simply because they open the package.

A good rule of thumb seems to be that if the value is below 200 SEK, it should go through without any problem. Any value above that is a bit of a hit and miss.

Another thing to consider is shipping cost. Some stores have low shipping cost (Quattro and Treasuresfromthetree has only $ 4), while others charge a bit more (several take $ 8!).

Browse the swap board! There are a lot of people in Scandinavia on this board, and sometimes they want to sell things they bought elsewhere. ;)

Jennie80
October 16th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Thank U so much for your answer. I will continue my search.. Maybe I just had bad luck the last time I orderd lenses. I think the cost was lika 900 sek total. because my brothers girlfriend orderd at the same time..
before I didn`t think that I could have those cool stuff in my hair because it was ti short but now that I have looked at all the pictures in here I have to have hairtoys:D

Isilme
October 16th, 2009, 11:52 AM
order online, that's the advise I would give you. Don't buy the cheap stuff from glitter, they always have rough seams on the plastic things. Occasionally you might get lucky and find bone hairsticks from small stores (I found some nice ones in a bead store once) but it's certainly not every day. Åhléns city has some nice ficcare looking clips from Evita Peroni though. They are almost as good as a real ficcare, but not as sturdy and strong in the spring (gänga) and expensive.
Keep your eyes and ears open, but most of the time it's pretty useless;)
Btw, where in sweden are you?
ETA. I forgot! I got my first hairsticks from the local asian stores, they often have some that aren't too long and they are cheap too! You can buy nice chopsticks to use as to hairsticks but I often find them too long.

Jennie80
October 17th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Hi again.
I was in town taoday and I found some hair toys. At the store Glitter. But they were in plastic but that`s ok for me to begin with. And then I looked at H&M store and they had also. Didn`t cost much. A toy made og wood ( a fork I think) cost 20SEK. Like 2 dollars..I`m so happy right now. Then I went to a health store and they had coconut oil. Virgin oil. It`s a good day today..

sibylla
October 17th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Hi Jennie!

We have a Swedish group here on LHC where we share information on where to buy hair stuff and such. Welcome!

Jennie80
October 17th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Hi Jennie!

We have a Swedish group here on LHC where we share information on where to buy hair stuff and such. Welcome!

Hi Sibylla. I tried to find that group before but no result..I tried the search button but no result..Can U send me the thread?? Länka den..

Konstifik
October 19th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Hi Sibylla. I tried to find that group before but no result..I tried the search button but no result..Can U send me the thread?? Länka den..

You go to your User CP. To the left you'll find a sidebar with various links, Social Groups is one of them. Go to that and search for Sweden there, and you'll find it :)

Jennie80
October 19th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Oki doki. I`ll try