PDA

View Full Version : After a decade, my best length

thinkfirst
October 15th, 2009, 04:04 PM
I've been growing out and enjoy long hair for about 10 years now. I went down to tailbone and didn't like it much. It was not fun anymore. So I have kept it around hip length. I've been doing a wardrobe makeover and so now it was time to trim hair too. I really love the high waist length. It's the best length for me. I guess it really has taken this long to discover. It's been forever since I checked in with y'all. I am doing a very simple routine that seems to be working well. Washing with normal grocery store shampoo twice weekly. Using a normal conditioner on the length and vinegar sprayed on the scalp after that. No blow drying, no coloring, no perming, no straightening. You can't see the gray coming it much, but it is and I love it.
http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/thinkfirstbestlength.JPG

spidermom
October 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Your hair does look terrific at that length.

Amara
October 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM
That's a great length on you! Congrats on discovering the hair that makes you happy!

DMARTINEZ
October 15th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Looks great! Congrats :)

Flaxen
October 15th, 2009, 04:36 PM
You look even more beautiful and younger in the current photo, thinkie! High waist is a smashing length on you, and the color of your shirt just makes you glow. :grin:

jojo
October 15th, 2009, 04:52 PM
You look like a nurse friend of mine, she has the same length too. funny I was reading your post and imagining her speaking!

Your hair is stunning and I agree with Flaxen, you look a lot younger in present picture. I cant wait until my hair is as long as yours xx

JCFantasy23
October 15th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Looks wonderful. Ive never heard of spraying on vinegar. Glad you have found a routine that works well for you.

Teacherbear
October 15th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Hey there, Thinkfirst!!! It is great to see you and your hair looks wonderful, and so do you!!! I am so glad you found a length you love! My hair got to just past fingertip length and I decided to cut back to BSL. I now keep it between BSL and hip. I prefer it on the shorter end of that. Like you said, it isn't much fun when it is longer than that.

It is great to see you. I was thinking about you a few weeks ago and was wondering how you were doing.

((((hugs))))) to you!

Chrissy
October 15th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hey Thinkfirst great to see you!!! I think your hair looks great and I'm glad you found the length you are happy with. Long time no see!!!!!

Rory
October 15th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Your hair is very beautiful! I am glad you found a good length that works for you.

harpgal
October 15th, 2009, 07:23 PM
It is lovely to see you again, thinkfirst. That length looks really nice on you. I do adore waist length.

friskybiznus
October 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Very pretty!! It's great you found your lenght and a simple haircare routine, too! Good for you!

JamieLeigh
October 16th, 2009, 10:35 AM
It looks lovely at that length! Very flattering. :flower: I'm glad you've found what works best for you.

Deborah
October 16th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Hi Thinkfirst!

It's great to see another old-timer again! You and your hair look just lovely. :flower: