PDA

View Full Version : Ringlets on one side, straight on the other?

amoulixes
October 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM
When it's particularly humid out (not rare in Florida ;) ), I've noticed that I will develop extremely loose ringlets on one side of my head and only in the front, but the other side seems unaffected. What's going on here? :confused: Does anyone else have more of a wave/curl/ringlet thing going on only one side?

rhubarbarin
October 15th, 2009, 03:13 PM
You are not alone - my right side is curlier than the left.

Honestwitness
October 15th, 2009, 03:13 PM
With me, the ringlets form in my nape hairs, while the rest of my hair gets straighter the farther you go up my head. My bangs are almost perfectly straight and require major coaxing (read "heat") to curl.

Kimberly
October 15th, 2009, 03:58 PM
On which side do you sleep? Once I figured that out, it solved the puzzle for me. ;)

jojo
October 15th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I have riglets to the right of my fringe, wavy on the other and a mixture of waves, straights and curls through the length. There is such thing as combination hair, I fit that catagory and I sleep on my right hand side.

My hair has always done this, which can be quite anoying as id rather have one type hair!

jojo
October 15th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I am also right handed, I know it sounds daft but I wonder if the dominant side of your body has anything to do with this?

amoulixes
October 15th, 2009, 05:17 PM
On which side do you sleep? Once I figured that out, it solved the puzzle for me. ;)

Oh, good question. I really feel that I sleep equally on both sides, but I would say I might sleep more on the side with the ringlets! Maybe not the answer you'd expect?? ;)

I have riglets to the right of my fringe, wavy on the other and a mixture of waves, straights and curls through the length. There is such thing as combination hair, I fit that catagory and I sleep on my right hand side.

My hair has always done this, which can be quite anoying as id rather have one type hair!

My hair looks very similar to yours, but I have a few less/more spaced out waves in the back. If you look at my profile picture you'll see my right side is just like yours! And yes, it sure is annoying!

Kimberly
October 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Oh, good question. I really feel that I sleep equally on both sides, but I would say I might sleep more on the side with the ringlets! Maybe not the answer you'd expect?? ;)

Well, for me I find that it depends on how the hair was positioned, if I tossed around a lot in the night, and how many hot flashes I had. Sweat = curls for me. So this can mean, in some cases, more curls on the side I sleep on, though they tend to be sort of abnormally shaped.

amoulixes
October 15th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Well, for me I find that it depends on how the hair was positioned, if I tossed around a lot in the night, and how many hot flashes I had. Sweat = curls for me. So this can mean, in some cases, more curls on the side I sleep on, though they tend to be sort of abnormally shaped.

You know, I typically grab it and throw it above my head so as not to roll around on it...I wonder if I unintentionally twist it as I do this. But then again I notice when the humidity is high or it rains and I'm outside, it curls on its own. I am starting to wonder if my hair is drier than I think it is, and with the right moisture I'm actually a ringlet-head. Hmm...off to moisturize!

amaiaisabella
October 15th, 2009, 06:41 PM
I'm in Florida and sometimes it will be so hot I sweat when I sleep. When I wake up, my hair is a lot wavier than before I went to bed.

jojo
October 15th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I tend to comb mine when I have just washed it, but if I leave it to dry untouched this combination is more obvious and much wavier. Also in hot weather the springy hairs really boing!

Kimberly
October 15th, 2009, 07:38 PM
You know, I typically grab it and throw it above my head so as not to roll around on it...I wonder if I unintentionally twist it as I do this. But then again I notice when the humidity is high or it rains and I'm outside, it curls on its own. I am starting to wonder if my hair is drier than I think it is, and with the right moisture I'm actually a ringlet-head. Hmm...off to moisturize!

What an exciting discovery! My hair turned out to be a lot curlier than I thought it was, once I tried treating it like curlly hair, and I've seen it happen a lot around LHC. Could be that you have been a curly or wurly without knowing it. I kinda like it, sort of as if I found out I was really a secret princess all along or something like that.

amoulixes
October 15th, 2009, 09:21 PM
What an exciting discovery! My hair turned out to be a lot curlier than I thought it was, once I tried treating it like curlly hair, and I've seen it happen a lot around LHC. Could be that you have been a curly or wurly without knowing it. I kinda like it, sort of as if I found out I was really a secret princess all along or something like that.

I will have to try treating it like curly/wurly hair...this should be very interesting, as I adore ringlets! For the longest time, I had suppressed my hair's natural urge I guess by blow-drying and straightening the waves out. Honestly, they did not look good when my hair was shorter (at least, I didn't know how to wear it correctly). Now that it's longer and I've abandoned heat styling, my hair is doing interesting things...I kinda hope I'm a ringlet-head!

Also, I agree with the secret princess idea ;)

RubyRose
October 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Flordia does whacky things to your hair.

amoulixes
October 15th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Flordia does whacky things to your hair.

Agreed :) Though I'd much rather have the humidity than not. A trip to Las Vegas nearly drove me insane with the static from the dry air, ugh!

Kimberly
October 16th, 2009, 02:12 PM
I will have to try treating it like curly/wurly hair...this should be very interesting, as I adore ringlets! For the longest time, I had suppressed my hair's natural urge I guess by blow-drying and straightening the waves out. Honestly, they did not look good when my hair was shorter (at least, I didn't know how to wear it correctly). Now that it's longer and I've abandoned heat styling, my hair is doing interesting things...I kinda hope I'm a ringlet-head!

Also, I agree with the secret princess idea ;)

I'm looking forward to posts that report on your progress. :)

missjessiecakes
October 16th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Mine does Shirley Temple ringlets on one side and waves on the other. Hair just does that I guess. One of my friends has curly bangs and stick straight everything else.

terriej
October 16th, 2009, 03:11 PM
My hair isn't like that, but the hair that grows from the front and the top is straight and the rest is wavy/wurly. When my hair is damp, I like to take strips and twist them into spirals, and I think if my hair dried like that, they'd probably stay, but then I have all this straight hair that refuses to take shape.