PDA

View Full Version : Deep CO oil treat!

SarieQ
April 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I just did a wonderful treatment and my hair is happier than ever!

Deep Co Treat

1/3 cup conditioner
1/2 to 1 tsp oil (hemp, wheat germ, avocado, EVOO, etc)

I put this on clean wet hair, but I'm sure it would work on dry as well. Then I put on a cheap plastic shower cap. I left it on for a while and then rinsed out. No need to shampoo out.

I've been working with this recipe for a while, but had added too much oil. This made my hair feel better than after an SMT. Along those lines, honey could be added too for extra moisture.

buttons
April 20th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I just did a wonderful treatment and my hair is happier than ever!

Deep Co Treat

1/3 cup conditioner
1/2 to 1 tsp oil (hemp, wheat germ, avocado, EVOO, etc)

I put this on clean wet hair, but I'm sure it would work on dry as well. Then I put on a cheap plastic shower cap. I left it on for a while and then rinsed out. No need to shampoo out.

I've been working with this recipe for a while, but had added too much oil. This made my hair feel better than after an SMT. Along those lines, honey could be added too for extra moisture.

Ooh glad It worked for you :D.
I do a heavy oiling with EVOO before I wash (CO), so I guess technically the results are similar? I love it too!

amaiaisabella
April 20th, 2008, 08:11 PM
That sounds really good! What kind of oil do you use? Did it lighten your color?

SarieQ
April 21st, 2008, 02:14 PM
That sounds really good! What kind of oil do you use? Did it lighten your color?

I don't notice any color fade. My usual wash routine is oiling, poo bars, and ACV. This treatment is like a once a month thing. The oil I used was hemp with a bit of avocado, wheat germ, and vitamin E mixed in.

My hair is so soft and silky with so much slip/sleekness! This is now my favorite deep treat!

Loviatar
April 21st, 2008, 02:20 PM
I think I'll try that SarieQ! I am just starting out with oils and putting some in a CO sounds like it could be good moisture-wise. I have avocado so will try that. Thanks!

amaiaisabella
April 21st, 2008, 02:58 PM
What is hemp oil? Have you tried the treatment with something like olive oil and gotten the same results?

Snowymoon
April 21st, 2008, 04:25 PM
This sounds wonderful! :cheese: Thank you for sharing this. I think I may have to try it. I may use coconut oil and just melt it a bit before adding it to my conditioner. :D

Snowymoon
April 21st, 2008, 04:30 PM
So, is this treatment called an SOT (SarieQ Oil Treat)? ;)

SarieQ
April 23rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
What is hemp oil? Have you tried the treatment with something like olive oil and gotten the same results?

Hemp oil is a green colored oil made from the seeds of the hemp plant. It is a wonderful oil for hair because it makes the hair more manageable and soft. I have always gotten nice waves when I've oiled my length with hemp oil. It leaves my hair really soft too.

I haven't tried the treatment with any other oils yet. I will this next full washing to see if I still get good results. The oils that I had mixed with the hemp are heavier oils (the wheatgerm and the avocado) and tend not to wash out very easily in my experience. This is the reason I experimented with them is to see if it would be washed out ok by the CO mixed in. I figure if it will make it possible to get those oils out, then lighter oils would definately wash out. The next couple times I try will be with jojoba and EVOO. I also want to try some coconut by warming the mix a bit so that it won't be solid. I'll let you know how these work out!

Snowymoon--SOT, that's cute, especially coming from the SMT girl herself! LOL

birdiefu
April 23rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
My hair likes this too! My 'SMT' is usually condish and honey(almost half) with no aloe, but sometimes I add 1T oil (various kinds, olive gives mad shine). I probably have a tad under 1 cup total mix. Anyhow, throw this on and I use a heat cap for awesomely soft and happy hair that doesn't feel oily at all.

SpiralingWaves
April 23rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
This looks great! I'm going to try it out this weekend. I wonder if this would work with shea butter?

lovingmyhair
April 23rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
My hair loves these types of treatments, I usually add a little honey to my conditioner and oil treatments, my hair always comes out so soft and shiny afterwards. Thanks for sharing your recipe, I'll have to try it with the hempseed oil next time.

SarieQ
April 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
My hair likes this too! My 'SMT' is usually condish and honey(almost half) with no aloe, but sometimes I add 1T oil (various kinds, olive gives mad shine). I probably have a tad under 1 cup total mix. Anyhow, throw this on and I use a heat cap for awesomely soft and happy hair that doesn't feel oily at all.

...and Lovingmyhair, Good to hear it works! I was wondering if anyone else had tried this!

Spiralingwaves, shea butter would probably work. Never know unless ya try!

I should also add that this would not work as a CO wash. This is for already clean hair. Now my DD can use it as a washing method because she has very dry hair and no sebum buildup (being only four) in between washes.

Happy Deep Treating! I can't wait to hear all the reports of how various oils and butters work out!

Gilly
April 30th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I am going to try this at the weekend after washing with my shampoo bar, I will use Hemp oil and a cone free condish.
I ordered a 500ml pump bottle of hemp oil today, it should be here tomorrow!
Has anyone actually tried it as a CO? I know a co can get oils out so maybe it would work, I may try it!!

Haith
April 30th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Ooooh! I can't wait to try this tomorrow. I'm going to add a bit of honey to mine.

Patrycja
April 30th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Sounds real nice,I need more moisture.

SarieQwhat conditioner did you use?

TIA

florenonite
April 30th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I think I'll try this tomorrow morning. I washed today, and am swimming in the sea tomorrow morning, so my hair will probably get quite dry, so I think I'll do this after washing to moisturise it.

ETA: I did this, but I used a large clump of coconut oil, which was difficult to melt. Other than that it seems to have worked, though my hair's currently drying in a damp bun, so I don't know for sure.

SarieQ
May 2nd, 2008, 09:09 AM
Sounds real nice,I need more moisture.

SarieQwhat conditioner did you use?

TIA

I used a CO base that's consentrated from the Chemistry Store. I added double the oil to mine and didn't dilute it with water as is normally done. (It's bsically just the water, cetearyl alcohol, and hair vitamins) I am going to do some experimenting with Burt's Bee's CO on my DD's hair to see how it does on hers and where I can better see the results. Those are the two kinds of CO's we use in our house.

Tomorrow is my wash day and I'm gunna put this on just my length with some EVOO. Not sure what I'll put on DD's yet. I'm thinking maybe plain hemp.

SarieQ
May 2nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
I think I'll try this tomorrow morning. I washed today, and am swimming in the sea tomorrow morning, so my hair will probably get quite dry, so I think I'll do this after washing to moisturise it.

ETA: I did this, but I used a large clump of coconut oil, which was difficult to melt. Other than that it seems to have worked, though my hair's currently drying in a damp bun, so I don't know for sure.

So, how did it turn out after it dried? I'm so anxious to find out how the coconut oil worked for you!

My hair had so much slippy silkiness after this treat that I had a hard time keeping in in updo's. Ficcare to the rescue!

jojo
May 2nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
thanks for sharing im going to try a SOT condition tomorrow, will post back with the results i am going to use camillia oil though

missy60
May 2nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
When my hair was badly damaged I would apply conditioner and slather on coconut oil over it. I left it sit over night and I would do my normal wash the next morning. I always just did the ends though in a high pony tail.

My normal wash at the time was an SMT it really helped my parched hair.

rumi
November 29th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Is it ok to put oil on your hair after CO wshing and leave it for 3 days? Or will it eventually cause the hair to dry out. I go 3 days between washes and just wanted to find out if I can put it on straight away or if I should wait until the 3rd day which is when my frizzies make themselves known.

Carolyn
November 29th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I've oiled and had my hair in a braid or bun for 3 days with good results. I collected a hell of a lot of lint :D but other than that, no problems. You can do it either way. Whatever is more convenient for you. SMT or CO gets out the oil very nicely for me.