PDA

View Full Version : A woman this weekend said my hair looks "mystical"

Curlsgirl
October 15th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Is this good? I THINK it is but not sure what she meant. I had never met her before and she sounded like it was a good thing but wondered what you think of when you think of mystical hair. LOL That was a first for me!

camirra555
October 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I think that's a compliment. When I think of mystical I think of Lord of the Rings type of stuff and fantasy books I've read where all the female characters have long flowing hair. I hope to get to that point where my hair looks "mystical" too :)

spidermom
October 15th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I would take it as a compliment.

ericthegreat
October 15th, 2009, 08:54 AM
That would definitely be a compliment Curlsgirl. :p
Your hair must have reminded her of being a princess from a faraway land from a time long ago!

Curlsgirl
October 15th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Oooooooooooooooo Lord of the Rings! :love:

sweetstaste
October 15th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Yes! It was meant as a compliment! That was great and really nice of the lady to pay you such a high compliment.

Xandergrammy
October 15th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Definitely a compliment! Think "mermaid", "fairy princess", "ethereal goddess"!! :cheer:

Curlsgirl
October 15th, 2009, 09:04 AM
A princess??? Awwwwwwwwwwww!

Shermie Girl
October 15th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I would say it was a compliment. :D

Curlsgirl
October 15th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Wow! I am so glad I asked you guys! I am so happy today now!

dernhelm
October 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM
What a wonderful compliment!

Merewen
October 15th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Mystical is an amazing compliment.

Gladtobemom
October 15th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Is this good? I THINK it is but not sure what she meant. I had never met her before and she sounded like it was a good thing but wondered what you think of when you think of mystical hair. LOL That was a first for me!

I think it's a complement. A rather nice one.

Paniscus
October 15th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Most certainly a compliment!! And you DO have mystical hair... I've seen it in person, albeit briefly :-)

Radulfr
October 15th, 2009, 09:42 AM
It's a compliment. Mystical is good. :thumbsup:

GlassEyes
October 15th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Depends on the tone it's said with, but it sounds like a compliment to me! :D

Carolyn
October 15th, 2009, 10:13 AM
My first thought was fairy princess but I think I like ethereal goddess better! In any case, it's a very nice compliment.

longhairedfairy
October 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM
I think you're a distant relative of Eówen.:)

Isa-belle
October 15th, 2009, 10:19 AM
That was totally a compliment Curlsgirl! Mystical hair makes me think of Pre-Raphaelite hair, which is one of my inspirations for growing my own hair :love:

Themyst
October 15th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Definitely a compliment! Wow! I've never got a 'mystical' before ... 'super cool' and 'awesome', but never a 'mystical'! Congratulations! :D

Feline
October 15th, 2009, 05:23 PM
"Mystical"- wow! A great compliment! Puts you in the company of the angels!

Curlsgirl
October 15th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Most certainly a compliment!! And you DO have mystical hair... I've seen it in person, albeit briefly :-)

Awwwwwwwww!!! Wish I had seen you too! :(

Everyone else, wish I had time to answer everyone! Such wonderful comments! I love you guys more every day, no REALLY!!!

Since she was NOT a person that you would imagine would give compliments and she also preceded it with, "You should leave your hair down ALL the time" I did think it probably was good, just not sure exactly what "mystical" was. I even looked on Wikopedia when I got home. :o

girlcat36
October 15th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Curlsgirl---that was such an awesome compliment! I would be totally flattered if someone told me that! Maybe you need top post some new pictures at LHC!

jojo
October 15th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Sure is a compliment, mystical as in how on earth did you get such beautiful long hair?

MissManda
October 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Oh, that's a wonderful compliment! Congratulations!
She must have thought your hair looked very elven or angelic. :D

Curlsgirl
October 15th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Now I am totally feeling undeserving of it! My hair is wet at the moment and I am ALWAYS promising pics and not delivering so I won't promise this time. I keep forgetting to do it when my hair looks "picture worthy" :)

jojo
October 15th, 2009, 07:02 PM
*finger tap.....................finger tap.............la la la de daaaa!*

I look forward to seeing it...................la de dah!.............................................. ................................................no rush! LOL!

little_acorn
October 15th, 2009, 07:04 PM
WOW definitely a compliment :D

kwaniesiam
October 15th, 2009, 07:07 PM
That is a great compliment! That's what a lot of us are striving to grow for, don't 'cha know ;)

rossjen
October 15th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Sounds like a great compliment to me. Lucky you!

Lamb
October 15th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Now that's an original compliment! :thumbsup:

viking_quest
October 15th, 2009, 07:25 PM
If someone said my hair was mystical I'd take it as a compliment and I'd probably get giddy because it's so unique.

Curlsgirl
October 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Well now that you mention it I DO feel a little giddy now that I know what images the word conjures up for most people! Um and also a little stupid for not knowing what it meant. :o

klcqtee
October 15th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I think she just has no filter between her brain and mouth. I'm sure she intended it as a compliment! But sometimes, when you think something in your head, then say it out loud, it doesn't always make as much sense...

I happen to suffer from this frequently when I give out compliments. I once told a man I had just met that he had hands like lace baseball mitts. What I meant by this was that his hands were monstrously large, but also incredibly intricate, and the tiny things he was able to do with them were incredible! (He built the most incredible models, absolutely stunning!)

Gumball
October 15th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I'd take that as a pretty cool compliment myself! I usually never hear the word "mystical" said, let alone in a compliment!

LittleOrca
October 15th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I think she just has no filter between her brain and mouth. I'm sure she intended it as a compliment! But sometimes, when you think something in your head, then say it out loud, it doesn't always make as much sense...

I got that today when a woman saw my hair and said "You could make a lot of wigs out of that!" Was she telling me to? No. Was she saying I should? No. She was commenting on the length and she even went on to say it looks better than most long hair she has ever seen. It was a strange way to put the compliment, but I understood how she meant it, so I was not upset. :)

Shiva
October 15th, 2009, 09:21 PM
That is a cool compliment.

I know I wouldn't be insulted if someone said that about my hairs.

Amara
October 15th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Oh yeah, that's totally a compliment! I think of women on the covers of fantasy books - long flowy hair blowing in the breeze!

Tressie
October 15th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Yep, a nice compliment, I'd say, so enjoy it!!

fluffybunny
October 16th, 2009, 12:06 AM
She meant Mists of Avalon hair, for sure. Obviously your long flowy blond locks give you the power to part the veil between worlds :)

Curlsgirl
October 16th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Ooooooooooooo I feel like a princess today!!! :D

PhillyGirl1978@
October 16th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Definitely a compliment! I think long hair is mystical too...magical...like a Goddess or fairy or something. Someone wise with lots of power.

JamieLeigh
October 16th, 2009, 10:10 AM
I think of long, flowing locks when I hear "mystical"....so for me it'd be a compliment, lol. :flower:

Faolan
October 17th, 2009, 11:51 PM
I would love to have hair that looked mystical. Your hair looks beautiful in your sig.

missjessiecakes
October 18th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I believe it was an amazing compliment. I think you have beautiful mermaid hair myself. :D

fragolina
October 18th, 2009, 06:46 AM
I think "mystical" is a compliment ... maybe she was thinking of a fairy. :-)

sally_neuf
October 18th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Mystical! Like your hair is magical.. Oh wow, it's such a nice thing to say

you are indeed a free spirit of the forest!!