PDA

View Full Version : Ground Zero

letmethink
October 15th, 2009, 07:15 AM
So I had to cut about three inches off of my hair, which had just reached my hip bones, due to some major hair damage. Then I had to take about another inch off so I could get more of the split ends that I didn't get the first time.

After seeing how short it was I was really sad, and the henna in my hair started to bother me. I had approximentally 6 inches of non-henna hair. So, I decided to do bob it as I used to enjoy this length quite a bit. However, I looked too much like my sister. If i cut it any shorter, however, I would look like my mother or one of my other sisters.

Since my hair was already short, and I'd been curious, I decided to go to ground zero and start all over again. Yes, as in a #1 on a pair of electric clippers.

I have been taking a women's multi-vitamin and biotin daily and doing a tea tree oil scalp massage nightly. So far after only a week I only have a slightly fuzzier look. I also have decided to measure it weekly and mark it on the calendar to mark my hair growth.

Anyone else done anything like this? How long did it take for your hair to grow out?

KajiKodomo
October 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I've done this twice, actually, and am working on growing out from my third time.

Growth depends on the person, but I usually can get from buzzcut to about BSL (or a tad longer) without any trims in about 2 years. This time, however, I trimmed to even up the back (I really dislike layers on myself), so it may take a bit longer. We'll see.

There are going to be a few awkward periods where you may get frustrated, but just stick with it. The most awkward periods for me are at about a few inches (my hair is so thick it won't lay down, so I had this poufy spikey hair that was about 3 inches long!), and I just got through another one. My hair is wavy, so it does whatever it wants (and I refuse to straighten it), so I had a bit of a "pyramid hair" situation. Right now, at almost shoulder-length, is when it starts to get a LOT easier. I can ALMOST pull all of it into a single pony (in a few months that should happen easily), but it should take less time for you since your hair isn't as thick as mine.

Once you can put it up, you can essentially "forget about it" and it makes the process MUCH easier. :D