PDA

View Full Version : thinking of cutting but question.

morguebabe
October 15th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I'm tired of moving my hair to sit down and use the restroom. I'm also not a fan of my thin ends. I'm thinking of cutting to http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2109&pictureid=25433 my hair about here. But if I remember correctly around here is my terminal length. When I WAS there, it took me like a year to grow an inch or so. If cut back to this will that length always be my terminal length or does it change?

cindy58
October 15th, 2009, 07:02 AM
I think your hair looks wonderful in the pic you posted! It doesn't seem possible that that was your terminal length, because you grew well past it. IMO, if your hair is a little slower growing at that length, that's still OK, because it's about where you want to be/stay.

apynip
October 15th, 2009, 07:05 AM
go ahead and cut it. your ends are still ery thick at that length it may just be that your hair is starting to slow its growth rate.

go ahead and cut it if thats what you want it will look long and lovely either way.
:D

melrose1985
October 15th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Not sure about the growing again after you cut, But that length in the picture is very nice on you too.

spidermom
October 15th, 2009, 07:16 AM
That couldn't possibly be your terminal length since you grew past it, and I expect that when you cut back to that length - which looks gorgeous - your hair will continue to grow. You'll have to trim regularly to maintain that length, I expect.

Isa-belle
October 15th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I don't think that's your terminal length either... Especially not with such a thick hemline :hmm:
Both lengths (in your avatar and in the above picture) look stunning on you. Your hair is gorgeous!

Loviatar
October 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I would say do it. It's your hair, and it can't be your terminal length if you've grown longer. It may be your 'starting to slow' length, but thats OK. You can get past it if you want to again - you've already done it :)

TammySue
October 15th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Ann, that is not your terminal length (as compared to your longer avatar picture). The length on the picture you posted is still very long and gorgeous and you won't have to move it to sit down and use the restroom. :D :flower:

Shermie Girl
October 15th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I agree, that shorter length is not your terminal length. It is a beautiful length on you. Your ends in that pic are enviably thick. (I think that they look pretty danged good at the length they are, now.) If you really want to cut back for a while and enjoy a little easier hair, why not? You know that you can grow at least to your current length, if it turns out that you miss your current length. :D

jojo
October 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Thats my favorite length and no it cannot possibly be your terminal length, as it did grow a lot longer, it would have stayed that length and not grown any longer else!

florenonite
October 15th, 2009, 11:41 AM
As others have said, it's not your terminal. I suspect you were just stalling there last time. Your hair looks beautiful in that picture, cut it if you like :)

Chrissy
October 15th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Hi Ann! I remember when you started your hair journey. You have come a long way and your hair is magnificent. I think it will look great at the more comfortable length. I also concur with the others that if you miss your longer length that you will have no trouble growing it back. I wish you the best!!!

morguebabe
October 15th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll probablly be cutting soon. And you're right, it would still be long and I can get back to here if I like.

Amara
October 15th, 2009, 02:18 PM
It's long and gorgeous either way!

Tap Dancer
October 15th, 2009, 02:51 PM
How could that have been "terminal length" when your hair is longer than that now?

angelthadiva
October 15th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I am jealous of your thick ends!! OMG :thudpile: Both pictures look fantastic :flowers:

JamieLeigh
October 16th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Both photos (avatar and posted) look outstanding, and you would look gorgeous either way. Maybe the shorter length is easier to handle - and since it's obviously able to grow past that point, if you miss the length, you can always grow it back. :flower: Good luck on your decision....IMHO, you really can't lose, whichever you pick.

LisaButz2001
October 16th, 2009, 01:25 PM
You avatar is one of my favorites here, but I agree I'm totally jealous of your proposed "after" pic. Can we see updates when/if you cut?