PDA

View Full Version : CO: I can't remember..on wet hair or dry?

intothemist1999
March 7th, 2008, 06:43 PM
that's all :)

Curlsgirl
March 7th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Most people do it on wet hair I believe but some do it on dry. It's just a preference. I don't CO anymore but when I did it worked MUCH better on wet hair.

Shermie Girl
March 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM
You can do it either way. If I CO long-soak, I slop conditioner in dry hair. If I CO in the shower, I slop it into wet hair.

Just do what works for you. :)

Anje
March 7th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I can get by with maybe 1/2 the conditioner if I do it on wet hair instead of dry. So that's what I do, unless I'm leaving it on as a deep treatment.

ETA: If you've got a lot of oil slathered on your hair that you want to get out, it'd probably come out better if you apply condish to dry hair. Otherwise, try it wet, see if it works.

rubyann
March 7th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I find that CO cleans much better when I applied it to dry hair and left it to "marinate" for 20 minutes or so before I hopped into the shower. I had to use a ton of conditioner, but at a buck a bottle, I could easily afford it. I'm sure it's a YMMV thing, but applying to wet hair always left my hair icky and coated looking.

Cinnamon Hair
March 7th, 2008, 10:52 PM
There are lots of ways to CO, but here's my method. Wet hair in shower. Use a palm full of conditioner (White Rain or VO5) and gently massage it into scalp. Put heavier conditioner of your choice on length. Then wrap hair around hair & throw into a shower cap. Rinse it all out at end of shower. That works for me, but I usually shampoo once a week, though I have gone longer without trouble.

Iona
March 8th, 2008, 02:19 AM
I tend to do a heavy oiling the night before, then apply conditioner (looooots of it. I use vo5 for this) to the dry oiled hair. Then, unless i'm only letting it sit for 20-30min. I wrap my head in saran and let that soak for as long as I can, usually overnight. Hop in the shower, rinse, then I put a heavier condish on the wet ends in the shower. continue rinsing. After that, I put a light oil on the hair once out of the shower (one or two drops spread on the hands and smoothed over the ends)

violetflower
March 8th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I wet my hair to wash mine. I use Dulci's method, where I wash/scrub it with my head upside down. It feels wonderful to do this, plus I believe that the extra massaging/stimulating of the scalp encourages more hair growth!

FrannyG
March 8th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I CO in the shower on wet hair most of the time. When the mood strikes me, I oil my hair overnight, and then put the conditioner over top of that and leave it for an hour or so for a good soak. I cover it in a plastic bag and then a towel, so that it warms up a little.

There are as many ways to do it as there are people doing it. :)

JKRBeloved
March 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I slather up with an aloe/conditioner/oil mixture before I exercise with Gilad and jog with my dogs. Then in the shower, I rinse that out, "shampoo" with conditioner, rinse that out, condition it with honey - and maybe another bought donditioner - while I do my other shower stuff, then rinse that and top it all off with some sort of styling cream or gel.

spidermom
March 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Best of all is no CO at all. Otherwise it worked best for me if applied to dry hair, then marinated under a shower cap and a wool cap for 30-60 minutes.