PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here take hair vitamins?

xxaimsxx
October 14th, 2009, 03:22 AM
I don't take any. Recently ive stopped drinking so much tea apparently caffeine isnt good for hair. I drink lots and lots of water now but that isnt enough. I want my hair to be long so therefore vitamins would help me lots.
I was wondering which ones are good and which are not and which are just a con.

aimee. :p
xx

Arriens
October 14th, 2009, 04:16 AM
Caffeïne is bad for your hair?

Ow crap. :rant:

rach
October 14th, 2009, 04:22 AM
sorry i refuse to give up on the tea. it's my life line to sanity :o

biotin's a good one and has make my nails to stronger too :D

xxaimsxx
October 14th, 2009, 04:23 AM
Arriens apparently it is. You know tea dehydrates tyou and all that. It sucks i love my tea. :)

Konstifik
October 14th, 2009, 04:28 AM
I take Omega 3 ad 6, Silica, D-vitamins and multi-vitamin/mineral-pills every day. It works fine. I haven't noticed a great difference in my hair and growth, but the rest of my body is happy with them. Especially the nails, they grow like weed. :D

Elfe
October 14th, 2009, 04:29 AM
I take silicia with zinc for my hair and my skin.
And iron, but this only, because I am a vegetarian.

The silicia really works for me, my hair grows more when I take it. Normally it grows between 0,9 and 1,2 cm and with silicia it grows every month 1,2-1,5 cm.

thetokenlady
October 14th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Biotin (it's one of the B vitamins). It's a big part of all the "hair, skin and nails" complexes that you can get and it seems to have helped both my hair and nails. At least, my nails have gotten strong enough that I don't bite them any more.

Deimos
October 14th, 2009, 06:22 AM
I take a hair/nails/skin vitamin complex and also a complex for vegetarians. I believe it does make a difference, I know my nails grow faster and my skin looks better ^^ So I guess it works for hair as well, I just don't notice that much :P

Robinlyn
October 14th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I also take a vegetarian multi vitamin and biotin. Before I started taking vitamins my hair growth would stall and not grow at all in a month. Now I never have growth stalls and I believe it's the vitamins. I'm also a big water drinker :)

JamieLeigh
October 14th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I've taken various Hair, Skin & Nails vitamins (3000mcg of biotin) for over two years now....and while I do enjoy the thought that it's helping my hair in some way (it should be, according to science), I've never really noticed a major difference. I still take them, though. Just in case. ;)