PDA

View Full Version : Shakira's hair

Shadow Walker
October 13th, 2009, 10:50 PM
I was channel surfing tonight, and I happened to flip past 'Dancing With The Stars' (no, I don't watch the show myself :p) and Shakira was performing. I don't listen to that kind of music, but I was glued to the tv because her hair looks stunning. I'm unsure if it's real or not, but either way she looked really great. It's always nice to see someone in the mainstream sporting long hair, if only more would do it. Here's the link, enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iKc_51WVwA

JCFantasy23
October 13th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Agreed, very pretty

Moldilocks
October 13th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Her hair looks great, but I vote that it isn't hers. Meh of me I know.

mbaker223
October 13th, 2009, 10:59 PM
It's gorgeous, but I highly doubt that it's real. She bleaches her nearly black hair to a light blonde color... and I doubt she could have grown it that long with all that damage plus here hair is curly and here it's straight.

But again you are right it's very pretty!

saskia_madding
October 13th, 2009, 11:02 PM
the straight hair does look very polished, but I like (and miss) her wild curls.

MotherConfessor
October 13th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Meh, so its probably not real, anything that promotes long hair is cool in my book. Also I really am rather fond of Shakira

Cherry_Sprinkle
October 13th, 2009, 11:18 PM
It's a ponyfall :) I miss her curls too.. I love her.

Gypsy
October 13th, 2009, 11:26 PM
I like all her hair colors, I think the reddish/purple color makes her look younger, for some reason, but the blonde curls are very striking. The dark natural is pretty, but, you know, normal.:p

Fethenwen
October 13th, 2009, 11:30 PM
It's gorgeous, but I highly doubt that it's real. She bleaches her nearly black hair to a light blonde color... and I doubt she could have grown it that long with all that damage plus here hair is curly and here it's straight.

But again you are right it's very pretty!

My thoughts exactly. I wish it was less blonde though :shrug: Darker hair suits her better.

lundmir
October 13th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I liked her hair (and her music, haha) better when she had it black, lovely! But it looks pretty good, too.

pradabacon
October 14th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Sure it wasn't the hips you were intrigued by? :eyebrows: The hips don't lie, you know.

I love Shakira. :D

Debra83
October 14th, 2009, 12:18 AM
I think she looks great with the blond, but I'm partial to blond hair. That's why I'm a redhead of course. (one day I'll go blond again - when it's lonnnnnng!)

Aer
October 14th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I agree she's a pretty girl, and if her hair is real or not, it's very pretty. I think it's nice at any color.

Amoretti
October 14th, 2009, 02:27 AM
She looks great any way. :D My hips were moving to that. :lol:

winter_star
October 14th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Real or fake? It looks great either way!

Buddaphlyy
October 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I love Shakira and I love that song (I wish I could dance like that). The ponytail is fake though. She still looks great.

maaria
October 14th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Sorry to say this but I think that is not her hair! It looks like extensions or what you call the hair wcich is longer than your own, my doughter have hair like that sometimes, just lovely and look so real!:p

SimplyViki
October 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Real or not, I can still admire it! It's purty. Wish my ponytails looked so glamorous.

Gothic Lolita
October 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Guess it's fake, but I liked her wild bedroom curls better. But the blonde suits her and she looked great in the video.

JamieLeigh
October 14th, 2009, 08:58 AM
I agree with a previous poster - it's a ponyfall...there's no way it could magically grow about 3 or 4" since her last public appearance shots, AND be bleached and straightened. It's a very attractive look though, and yes I also agree more celebs need to be promoting long hair. (Although long HEALTHY hair is ultimately nicer than long FAKE hair...)

Boy, does that sound catty or what? :D lol....

windinherhair
October 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I have always loved Shakira's hair! I usually don't see her have it styled straight back in a ponytail. Most times I have seen her wear it down and wavy. She has kept it blonde for so long now, but I noticed before she had it dark. That was before I had started listening to her music. She is one of my most favorite singers and performers. :thumbsup:

Jessikinz
October 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I enjoy her music and she is a very beautiful woman with really good hair. Whether it is real or not.

Amara
October 14th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Even if it's fake, at least she's sporting long hair and making it look pretty. :) But I suppose she's also encouraging latinas to bleach their hair. Sadness! (for the health of their hair I mean... if they want to bleach it - fine, but that's a lot of cumulative damage across a whole culture... makes me sad for the hair :D )

jel
October 14th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I'm sure it's fake, if only for its 'iv' thickness! ;) Shakira, like many pop stars, uses extensions and falls for her performances and videos. It looks lovely, though.

On the other hand I was really impressed by the male singer's waist length dreadlocks... :D

sally_neuf
October 14th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I really liked her in her early years.. she had beautifull dark hair. (and her music was completly different)
she may have done all kinds of colors, but she always keeps her lenght.
I remember her in "Ojos negros" and she was growing her roots, without blending them! it looked awesome. (I'm trying to pull this style of at the moment lol)
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004RDKX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Heidi_234
October 14th, 2009, 12:41 PM
I was striked by her hair when she first came up in public conscious with that whenever wherever song, do you remember it (http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt323/alldj-clips-25/Shakira---Whenever-Wherever.jpg)? Then she pretty much chopped it off little by little.

If you pay attention, it's not that rare to find celebs and starlets sporting really long extensions. When I was sick at home and braindead from watching E! channel, I saw quite a few - that Kim Kardashian singer(?) and Paris Hilton had extensions to her butt and so more I couldn't be bothered with their names.

I fail to see the 'promoting the idea of long hair' thing, it's what people choose. I suppose it's hard to impossible for famous people to have long hair with all the extensive styling and processing they subject their hair to all the time due to being public figures in an industry where looks are everything. No wonder most of them don't, and it has nothing to do with the evil short haired world turning against us longhairs.

enfys
October 14th, 2009, 12:42 PM
When she first appeared in the UK she had long bleached, but somehow dirty blonde curly hair, always with roots showing. I wish I could pull that off. It's not that long now, but it's still pretty cool.

In that video it doesn't look real to me either, but I still think it looks awesome! Perfectly complimented with her stunning body. Humph.

Xandergrammy
October 14th, 2009, 12:47 PM
the straight hair does look very polished, but I like (and miss) her wild curls.

I agree. I really loved her wild curls! :crush:

Anje
October 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
The other guy has some great locs. I'll bet those are real!

Isilme
October 14th, 2009, 12:59 PM
her curls were prettier. And she totally makes a mess of some belly dance moves that are originally sensual, now they are just sexy and vulgar *hides*

RocketDog
October 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I love her crazy curly hair, and her music :)

NiAosSi
October 14th, 2009, 01:35 PM
The ponytail is fake but, Shakira does have waist length hair IRL. I also loved the wild hair from her spanish speaking album days.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFvjpixd1Rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e29LoYspe8

ETA 2: She always had great hair! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opoOlBSVRvo&feature=related

Those are Shakira throwback from the '90s.

sally_neuf
October 14th, 2009, 01:52 PM
The ponytail is fake but, Shakira does have waist length hair IRL. I also loved the wild hair from her spanish speaking album days.

ETA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFvjpixd1Rw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e29LoYspe8

ETA 2: She always had great hair! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opoOlBSVRvo&feature=related

Those are Shakira throwback from the '90s.
When I saw this thread I spend a while looking old shakira videos. they were so good! She was like.. so natural. :o

NiAosSi
October 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I think she was so much better then. I'm not into mainstream music much. :cool:

When I saw this thread I spend a while looking old shakira videos. they were so good! She was like.. so natural. :o

spidermom
October 14th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Oh yes, looking very good - the man singing with her, that is. blink-blink; what were we talking about?

ravenreed
October 14th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Vulgar is about right, not that there is anything wrong with vulgar, it just isn't to my taste in dancing. A lot of the women in my belly dance group like her, and I am very meh about her and her music. I do love her hair in the She Wolf video, but the asymmetrical thing she is wearing in it kind of kills it for me.

her curls were prettier. And she totally makes a mess of some belly dance moves that are originally sensual, now they are just sexy and vulgar *hides*

Robinlyn
October 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I saw it and was wondering the same thing...lol! It did look great on her, but I like her hair darker as well! =)

Carolyn
October 14th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I loved her straight hair on DWTS. I watched it several times just to look at her hair. I like how it was kind of quiffed up in front. I adore long straight hair in a ponytail.

katydid317
October 14th, 2009, 09:18 PM
She's rockin the curls in her She-wolf video...I lurve her

teela1978
October 14th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I really liked her in her early years.. she had beautifull dark hair. (and her music was completly different)
she may have done all kinds of colors, but she always keeps her lenght.
I remember her in "Ojos negros" and she was growing her roots, without blending them! it looked awesome. (I'm trying to pull this style of at the moment lol)
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004RDKX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I heard a story that when her music started being introduced to the USA someone referred to her as "a latina alanis morissette" and like the next day she bleached her hair :)