PDA

View Full Version : Update and chinese bun-Yay!

Paniscus
October 13th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Hello all- OK, I have not done an update in a very long time. I thought I'd do one here, since I doubt many of you visit my page :p I'm a little early but...

I joined LHC in December of 2006 and this was my first picture and starting point:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=517&pictureid=5306

Three years later, this is my most recent length shot-- air dried and bun waves. I didn't even comb it out here. I've never been one to primp for the camera, you see what you get :D (which is why I don't take that many pictures...lol). I've only had one trim since I've joined, although I do think trims can make hair look its best. I've been going through a lot of stress as some of you know, and I"ve lost a quarter (feels like half) of my thickness :( I'm really hoping that once my life gets settled, I'll gain it back. You see the color change. I've hennaed in the past, haven't for a long time though.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=517&pictureid=52122

Those of you that know me, will recall that I am updo inept. This is partly from me just not trying enough, my hair being too thick (used to) or not long enough (used to) etc. Well, I finally managed a new bun that looks a bit more polished than the twisted, wrapped thing I normally do... a chinese bun!! Thanks for the instructions/pictures/videos here at LHC, I was able to do it! It's fuzzy and a bit wonky with my tails sticking out, they would not stay without support, but hey, better than nuttin'!

I love LHC!!! :cloud9:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=517&pictureid=52544

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I can't see the pics. :( But HUGE congrats on your updo!!!!!

fluffybunny
October 14th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Wow, what a difference from short to long. Looks great!

Ryanne
October 14th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Awesome! What a difference.

little_acorn
October 14th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Wow - amazing growth, amazing hair and a great updo :D

jessie58
October 14th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Holy macaroni Paniscus, it's just gorgeous and so healthy looking. You've certainly being doing something right for the last couple of years.

RedJen
October 14th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Wow, you have some seriously awesome growth! Beautiful!

Takes my hair a lot longer than three years to go from bob to waist!

Tangerine
October 14th, 2009, 02:15 AM
What beautiful hair you have!:) And I really really love your Chinese bun - it's huge and creative and just fabulous:applause:
:blossom:

Merlin
October 14th, 2009, 02:32 AM
Lovely! Updo Inept you are NOT

I love the little flower too

rach
October 14th, 2009, 02:42 AM
thats my dream sized chinese bun ....... beautiful :blossom:

Redheaded Raven
October 14th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Very Lovely!, and pretty bun:)

DavidN
October 14th, 2009, 04:26 AM
What wonderful progress, Paniscus, and of course I visit your page from time to time! I am delighted that you have shared your photos with everyone. I cannot get over how THICK and healthy your hair is, and what an excellent job on your bun too!

sherigayle
October 14th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Your hair is beautiful. I also had to lose some thickness to be able to manage some updos. I just hope it stops soon or I won't have anything to put up. But your hair looks fantastic.

BlndeInDisguise
October 14th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Wow, that is amazing progress in growth and health! :)

elianne
October 14th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Congrats!! Your hair looks absolutely beautiful... and I love the Chinese bun, it's very elegant. :)

going gray
October 14th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Your hair is lovely.

Maddy25
October 14th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Your hair is so beautiful :) Seeing threads like this really inspire me to keep going because wow! Look at the outcome!

maxzeen
October 14th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Wow, what amazing growth you have had! Also, a very nice bun :D

JamieLeigh
October 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM
You have very lovely hair! The color is amazing. And I love your Chinese bun! They're my favorite type to look at on others, although I don't like the way they look on my own head. I think it's the strictly-defined oval shape I have, even from the back. :(

Anyway....thanks for sharing!! Your hair is so nice and thick!! :flower:

eadwine
October 15th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Your hair looks wonderful!!

hanne jensen
October 15th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Your hair is drop dead gorgeous! What a fantastic growth rate! What's your secret? SHARE!!!

Paniscus
October 15th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Your hair is drop dead gorgeous! What a fantastic growth rate! What's your secret? SHARE!!!

Awww.. thank you hanne jensen, and thanks to everyone for their nice comments. I think my growth rate is average actually, about half an inch a month? I used to measure my hair montly, but stopped this a long time ago because it was too frustrating when I didn't see progress. I've tried many things with my hair due to LHC, from coffee rinses, henna, water only, no cones etc., but in the last year, it has been benign neglect :-( Just no time to focus much on hair (other than the shedding, oh my).

I do love LHC though, and I'm very thankful I found this place. So many times I've thought about cutting, but all I have to do, is come here and scan through profiles and see all of the beautiful hair and it gives me courage to keep growing! :bounce:

It really is true, once you stop focusing on the growth rate of your hair, it seems to get longer quicker!

Xandergrammy
October 15th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Holy Smokes, Paniscus!!! Your hair is gorgeous and I love your Chinese bun!!

pepperminttea
October 15th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Such gorgeous hair - much envy! And congratulations, so much growth in three years! :)

(A bit irrelevant, but RE: your siggy - amen.)