PDA

View Full Version : flakes, grease, and itchies.

apynip
October 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Ok. so i know i'm doing SOMETHING wrong. i just dont know what yet.
My scalp has been very itchy for awhile and been freakinng out when i wash it and just get grossly greasy over night where i have to wear it up or i have to french braid it so it looks intentional.

Also yesterday i just started noticing that i'm getting flakes...

My routine is pretty straight forward.

I use garnier fructise(i know its probably not spelled right) triple action. Wash condition every other day in teh evening and sleep with may hair still slightly damp.

Is there anything i can do? am i overoiling with teh triple nutrition? should i switch my poo and cond?

:( at a loss here.

viking_quest
October 13th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I had the same exact problem when I used natural washing methods and now I'm back to SLS and cones and my hair (and scalp) are very happy. If I were you I would change my shampoo and pick out another shampoo with different ingredients and try some organic products.
Also look into an apple cider vinegar rinse, that's always helped me with all of the above problems.

Flynn
October 13th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Ok. so i know i'm doing SOMETHING wrong. i just dont know what yet.
My scalp has been very itchy for awhile and been freakinng out when i wash it and just get grossly greasy over night where i have to wear it up or i have to french braid it so it looks intentional.

Also yesterday i just started noticing that i'm getting flakes...

My routine is pretty straight forward.

I use garnier fructise(i know its probably not spelled right) triple action. Wash condition every other day in teh evening and sleep with may hair still slightly damp.

Is there anything i can do? am i overoiling with teh triple nutrition? should i switch my poo and cond?

:( at a loss here.

I don't quite understand... are you CO washing, or shampoo+conditioning?

kwaniesiam
October 13th, 2009, 07:34 PM
What kind of flakes, small dry flakes or greasy, scaley flakes? It could be a fungal thing, try switching what you wash with and if the problem persists go see a dermatologist.

Sokudo Ningyou
October 13th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I know I had to cut down my conditioner to about a quarter size for my entire head, or I'd be a greaseball. You might be over-conditioning.

shortgoinglong
October 13th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I know everyone is different, but every time I use any Garnier Fructis I get grease and flakes. (but beautiful hair) My hubby used it a few times and got the same result. (And nothing bothers him) Every couple years I try it again and never finish a bottle.

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Wanted to second the "try apple cider vinegar" suggestion. :) Hope it helps.

apynip
October 13th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Flynn: sorry i forgot to put a comma between wash and condition.
kwaniesiam its dry flakes like dandriff(which my dad has a bad issue with) and a seperate issue of grease head morning after washing.

I will try the ACV wash tomorrow as i have the day off. :cheese:
and if that doesnt help i'll switch my poo and conditioner.

pradabacon
October 13th, 2009, 10:00 PM
The Triple Nutrition line makes my scalp very flaky and oily. I am currently trying to use the conditioner only on my length to see if that helps because I love the way it makes my hair feel. If that doesn't solve the problem, I will stop using the TN shampoo altogether (because it also has the oils in it, and I'm not sure if it's overload from both, or what) and keep using the conditioner just on the length.

I'm hoping it's just oil overload with them both, because I got lazy last night and used the shampoo by itself and was shocked to find that my hair felt pretty good even without any conditioner at all once it dried. A little more tangly than usual, but not at all like it would be if I had tried that trick with any other shampoo.

Maybe switch to another shampoo or make sure you use the conditioner on your length only. :flowers:

Eilean
October 14th, 2009, 01:44 AM
I had the same experience with a couple of SLS products and had to change the products on a regular basis. I would recommend a apple cidre rinse and if things do not get better see a doctor please. Also would I change the shampoo for now, try something else and see if it gets better. Then you could go back to your current Triple Nutrition shampoo and see if it happens again. If it does, throw it away ;).

Armelle
October 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I see it hasn't been mentioned yet...sometimes hair changes when the weather changes. I know my hair gets oilier during certain times of the year and I tend to increase my shampoo/conditioner use...and then my scalp over-compensates after the strong cleansing and becomes super oily.

I haven't managed to find the 'perfect' combination of shampoo or conditioner brands, mostly because I'm broke. :) I think I will try the acv once I find directions.