PDA

View Full Version : Ugh - humidity

JCFantasy23
October 13th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I live in Florida and this year has been especially humid. A friend and I went to a movie convention this weekend and we felt the need to shower almost twice a day. Our bodies and hair kept getting sweat in them for hours and feeling (and looking yicky) Is the humidity damaging to hair? Not anything I can do about it, but still curious.

sherigayle
October 13th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I really don't think it's damaging. Many people live in humid climates with fabulous hair. My 4 year old son has the most beautiful curls. And when it's humid or we visit family in the south his hair is amazing. Let your hair enjoy the moisture.

friskybiznus
October 13th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I live in Houston, so I'm with you on the sometimes unbearable humidity. As awful as it makes me feel, I think it's probably a pretty good thing - lots of moisture!

Olivia23
October 13th, 2009, 08:37 PM
I live in NC so I'm pretty much miserable the whole summer. The hummidity is horrible!!! At first I was worried about having long hair throughout the summer, but since I wear my hair up most of the time it's no problem. Before when I didn't know how to wear it up (didn't know about LHC then and didn't know about hairtoys. No store bought hair clips etc. would hold my frizzy hair) I could not stand to stay outdoors for long because my head would sweat so bad and my hair was like a giant poofball. It would take forever to comb out all those tangles, but now no more due to LHC and all the stuff I have learned here. Thanks everyone!

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 08:49 PM
It's probably really good for hair! As long as you don't get frustrated with it if it gets tangly and rip through it. I know when I'm extra sweaty I get grumpy. :)

JCFantasy23
October 13th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Yeah we got grumpy too. Or at least I did http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt288/CFAngel180/biggrin.gif I never knew or thought about it being good for hair, good to know.

JamieLeigh
October 14th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I'm in Alabama, right on the Tennessee River, and it's freaking humid here ALL year long, even in winter. So I feel ya. :( I don't think it's damaging, but it is ANNOYING. I keep some conditioner and water mixed up in a spritzer, and when the frizzies get to be too much for me to handle, I spritz it into my boar-bristle brush and run it over my entire length. Helps some. :)