PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dream/Bald Patch

Hay22
October 13th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I just want to rant a second. I work in a clinic and decided yesterday to take a test that required a hair sample. I was worried about losing any hair, but I was assured that the amount needed was relatively small. I let a coworker (who was very excited about doing this, btw) cut the sample from the back of my head. Our doctor watched and showed her how much to cut. I could hear the scissors snipping and immediately after heard a loud gasp from someone else from across the room. I'm now missing a chunk of hair as thick as my thumb! It's in a well-covered spot, but when it grows back a bit it will poke right through the scalp part of my ponytail. The worst part is that there was a gray hair in the sample, when I thought I was only getting them on the top of my head. :(

Anyway, I had hair dreams all night, the worst of which involved me reaching behind my own head with scissors and blindly snipping away close to the scalp, watching all of my hair fall forward over my shoulders while laughing.

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry she wasn't more careful with her responsiblity! :(

JamieLeigh
October 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Wow, the "very excited about doing this" part gives me the willies... :eek: I hope you don't continue to have nightmares about this - people sometimes don't realize how much our hair affects our psychological well-being. :(

Hay22
October 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM
No nightmares last night, thankfully. And yeah, she was far too excited about it, then stood there holding the part that was left after we cut the 1 1/2" from the roots that was needed for a good 10 minutes. A little odd.

enfys
October 14th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I really really really hope you have skinny thumbs if that was the size of what she cut!