PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just love.......

Shanarana
April 20th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Wash day? ahhhhhhh. Just got out of the shower and did my hair routine which consisted of a no-cone wash and condish followed with an ACV rinse, and to top all that off with a coating of coconut oil, and jojoba on the ends. Almost better than sex......:D...........NOT!

spidermom
April 20th, 2008, 02:47 PM
It's a must-do for me. Not something I particularly enjoy, but it's maintenance of good hygiene, like brushing my teeth. I don't dislike it either. I know when it's time to do it and dutifully follow through. That's it.

Lixie
April 20th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I just washed my hair today too. Finally got rid of that lingering smell of cigarette smoke. Bliss. :D

jera
April 20th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Sunday mornings is usually wash day for me too. My scalp feels so cool and clean after a wash., and my hair smells lovely too.

suicides_eve
April 20th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Wash day? ahhhhhhh. Just got out of the shower and did my hair routine which consisted of a no-cone wash and condish followed with an ACV rinse, and to top all that off with a coating of coconut oil, and jojoba on the ends. Almost better than sex......:D...........NOT!

:rollin: that just made my day. i get the same feeling when my hair cooperates with me.

Shanarana
April 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM
It's a must-do for me. Not something I particularly enjoy, but it's maintenance of good hygiene, like brushing my teeth. I don't dislike it either. I know when it's time to do it and dutifully follow through. That's it.

I didn't even think of that.....I guess for some it may seem more like a chore.

squiggyflop
April 20th, 2008, 03:23 PM
i dont really like actually washing my hair infact i really dislike doing most of the basic hygiene.. just because it takes time out of my day that could be spent on something else like sleeping... but I gotta be clean and look good so i have to wash atleast every other day... im a grease ball... not just my hair either my face, shoulders and back all of it gets coated with my greasyness every day... i wish my hair would never get dirty so that i would never have to take the time to wash it... and i hate what a production its become since joining lhc. cold water rinses.. ACV rinses and baking soda clarifying... all of it takes extra time and planning... i now keep a bottle of ACV right near the tub and a box of baking soda in the bathroom cabinet... and i have to condition all the time too... when i had short hair i never needed conditioner and never had any trouble detangling my hair... so no i dont love it.. i do usually love the way my hair looks and feels right after washing though...

florenonite
April 20th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I actually dread wash day, because I'm lazy and hate all those basic-hygiene things. However, after washing I love the feel of my hair and scalp. I just don't like having to do anything to get that.

Lizbot
April 20th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I do! I do!

My scalp always thanks me lots. I've just brushed, oiled and braided my hair in preparation for a wash later. Maybe I'll massage some lavender oil into my scalp too...

mommy101405
April 20th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I wash daily and I do like the smell and feeling of my hair freshly washed. Right when its almost totally dry. So soft and it still smells really good. Washing daily can be a drag but its a necessary evil for me.

What I really love is when I do my deep conditioning treatments. My hair feels so good after those.

Yari
April 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM
On the one hand I do enjoy washing my hair, on the other hand I don`t need to wash my hair often. If i have some extra time on washday, then I like to celebrate it.

pepperedmoth
April 20th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I'm sure many a newbie has asked this question before, but:

On non-wash days, how do you deal with your hair when you hop in the shower? I wash every day (I'm Water Only), just 'cause I hop in the shower (almost) every day.

Curlsgirl
April 20th, 2008, 04:35 PM

On non-wash days, how do you deal with your hair when you hop in the shower? I wash every day (I'm Water Only), just 'cause I hop in the shower (almost) every day.

I usually take a bath but if I take a shower I just clip my hair with a big claw clip on top of my head and point the shower head toward my shoulders mostly missing my hair. If my hair gets a little damp, it's okay.

I don't like wash day really either. I like the way my hair looks and feels freshly washed however. I am glad I don't have to do it every day. It takes forever for mine to dry! I am really glad it's getting warm so it won't be so bad!

KaeleyAnne
April 20th, 2008, 04:53 PM

I also generally use a big claw clip or a scrunchie to hold my hair on top of my head. I angle the shower head so that it points at shoulder/chest level and wash my neck and face with a washcloth. My bangs and hair might get slightly damp, but not very much. I also use the claw clip to hold my hair out of my way after I've conditioned my hair while waiting to rinse out the conditioner.

Kirin
April 20th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I love it so much in fact, I wash every single day! LOL, I've never found my daily shower/shampoo a drag. Wakes me up, i feel all fresh n stuff, i'd no sooner quit it than my daily morning coffee!

I'm a wash / rinse /repeat kinda gal!

spidermom
April 20th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I put a shower cap over my head when I shower without washing my hair.