PDA

View Full Version : Because curiosity killed one cat . . .

Silver & Gold
April 20th, 2008, 01:55 PM
OK Hippiechick, this is because you asked about my length and got me wondering about any potential progress despite a very short time and one trim.

My hair is just dried from a cassia treatment which always gives it volume and makes the hair seem a bit shorter . . . still, I think my hair is not much changed from my siggy.

Also, the cassia I've got makes my hair soooooo yellow. I believe even my scalp looks jaundiced. I don't even let my cassia sit for dye release because I just want the conditioning and I don't use camomile as my tea. I use sage, rosemary and walnut.

Oh well, I'll either have to learn to live with the yellow or decide not to use cassia eventually.

Progress from the front. I think it's a bit more obvious that my bangs are starting to blend into the sides. Also, all those really golden hairs at the temple should be silver or a very pale blond if not for the cassia. *sigh* I really like my silver hair. Good thing the cassia washes out eventually.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=317&pictureid=9546

From the back I don't think it looks any longer but there are a few less layers. I did a trim about a month ago and I think I removed about 1/2 inch.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=317&pictureid=9544

eadwine
April 20th, 2008, 01:57 PM
WOW!! I like!

You are very pretty :)

Silver & Gold
April 20th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the lovely compliment, eadwine. Even us 'old girls' like to be told we're pretty. Vanity is a tenacious little bugger.

I look forward to a time when I have hair more like your own. I was hesitant to even join such a site at first since I knew I was only a 'longhair wannabe'.

I hope by the time I celebrate my 50th next year I'll feel more like a true longhair.

LifeisAdventure
April 20th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the lovely compliment, eadwine. Even us 'old girls' like to be told we're pretty. Vanity is a tenacious little bugger... I hope by the time I celebrate my 50th next year I'll feel more like a true longhair.

:bigeyes: 50!?! WOW!! Silver & Gold, you are positively gorgeous for any age! (Your age just means I'm more impressed. ;) ) When I looked at your avatar pic I thought you were in your early 20s, no joke! Way to shown the old age fairy who's boss!

Silver & Gold
April 20th, 2008, 03:01 PM
:bigeyes: 50!?! WOW!! Silver & Gold, you are positively gorgeous for any age! (Your age just means I'm more impressed. ;) ) When I looked at your avatar pic I thought you were in your early 20s, no joke! Way to shown the old age fairy who's boss!

Early 20's?!? Wow, that would be impressive! But honestly I think it's because of the resolution of the camera on my iMac.

I do read young from a distance and on my call sheet, when they ask, I say that I can play abut 35+. I wouldn't dare try to pass off as someone in my 20's! But it's nice I can appear that way in a photograph.

Who says pictures can't be deceiving?

spidermom
April 20th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Your color looks lovely. I haven't tried cassia myself, but I appreciate it on you.

Peggy E.
April 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the lovely compliment, eadwine. Even us 'old girls' like to be told we're pretty. Vanity is a tenacious little bugger.

I look forward to a time when I have hair more like your own. I was hesitant to even join such a site at first since I knew I was only a 'longhair wannabe'.

I hope by the time I celebrate my 50th next year I'll feel more like a true longhair.

You're gorgeous and so is your hair! It seems to me, that business of having the hard rules of age - what looks good on this or that age group, what you should or should not wear if you are this or that age - have blurred.

If you are comfortable with your body, your appearance, enjoy fashionable and attractive styles - enjoy yourself and wear whatever makes you happy. Age is no longer the determining factor in what we wear, what we do, how we live.

Live every single day as the gift it is!

PseudoScot
April 20th, 2008, 04:19 PM
You hair is sooo pretty, as are you! It was also interesting reading about the cassia treatments. Lovely, thank you for sharing!

helanek
April 20th, 2008, 04:30 PM
beautiful!
i used cassia before and never got yellow tint... but walnut gives yellow shade... maybe you should check it?

GlassEyes
April 20th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I agree with those who speak of your age not being apparent.

I thought, and this may or may not be taken as a compliment, that you sort of looked like Madonna when I saw your avatar. XD

Ella
April 20th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Length is looking good. Can you put it up properly yet?

Silver & Gold
April 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Your color looks lovely. I haven't tried cassia myself, but I appreciate it on you.

I think you might be a big fan of cassia should you ever decide to try it. By the way, I LOVE those curls in your new siggy. Absolutely adorable.

You're gorgeous and so is your hair! It seems to me, that business of having the hard rules of age - what looks good on this or that age group, what you should or should not wear if you are this or that age - have blurred.

If you are comfortable with your body, your appearance, enjoy fashionable and attractive styles - enjoy yourself and wear whatever makes you happy. Age is no longer the determining factor in what we wear, what we do, how we live.

Live every single day as the gift it is!

Amen and amen! If we could all just live the way we feel we would all be more like . . . well, I would be somewhere between 6 & 12 (on a mature day).

You hair is sooo pretty, as are you! It was also interesting reading about the cassia treatments. Lovely, thank you for sharing!

I never heard of cassia until I came to this board. I love what it has done to soften my hair. It also seems that my hair really takes oils much nicer after cassia.

beautiful!
i used cassia before and never got yellow tint... but walnut gives yellow shade... maybe you should check it?

REALLY? :surprise: I was using the walnut because it is often in recipes for brown hair color. I was trying to tone down the yellow from the cassia. Hmmmmm . . . maybe next time I'll just try cassia and water and see what happens. Thanks for the info!

I agree with those who speak of your age not being apparent.

I thought, and this may or may not be taken as a compliment, that you sort of looked like Madonna when I saw your avatar. XD

Hee hee. I guess that would be just about right as far as age. I looked up her birthday and it seems she was born just a short time after I was conceived since I'm only about 8 months younger. Wow! You have a good eye as far as age. But while Madonna was making her big hits on stage I was raising babies.

Length is looking good. Can you put it up properly yet?

Yes I can! That's actually what prompted this post. HippieChick was asking about my length because she noticed my updo and wondered if my hair was still about the same as my siggy. She recently got a larger-than-expected trim and says her hair is about the same length as mine. She was encouraged to see all the ways I'm able to get my hair in an updo.

cuddledumplin
April 20th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I think your hair looks great, and you don't look your age. Facially, I think you resemble the Olsen twins.

Pursuer
April 20th, 2008, 09:44 PM

SHUT UP! You aren't really 49, are you? You seriously don't look it from your picture! Wow, you are lucky. I am 25, and usually get aged a decade OLDER. lol

Silver & Gold
April 20th, 2008, 10:47 PM
OK, I'm not really 49 - not until next Saturday.

Sillage
April 20th, 2008, 11:15 PM

Get out of my head, GlassEyes! I'm thinking Madonna during 90's when she was wearing a ton of Gucci and looking glam.

Silver&Gold, your hair looks wonderful. I love the way your waves show off the shine and color. Such a beautiful play of colors. :D

sahiba
April 21st, 2008, 04:03 AM
You and your hair are really pretty.Actually, you are just like your name ... with golden hair and silver complexion.