PDA

View Full Version : Tailbone | Classic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Amara
October 12th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Is there already one? I tried searching under "titles only" for tailbone and classic both in the title and nothing popped up except a question about cutting from tailbone to classic. If there is one, somebody point me to it!

If there ain't one, well, here it is! Tailbone on me is 39" and Classic is 44." I'm at 39.5" so I've just started this leg of my journey (butt of my journey? :D )

I haven't noticed any changes in updoes or routine care needs... but I sure haven't worn it down as much as I did from waist to tailbone. It rubs on too many things and gets tangly as all heck! I'm wondering what other changes I'll have as I get closer to classic...

Who else is at this stage of their growth?

krn2891
October 12th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I am. I have about 4 or 5 inches to go until Classic. So I'm thinking by the end of next year i should for sure be there. I really want to see what I look like with Classic but I think I might actually cut back to a little longer then waist when I do hit that point. Its getting to hard to wear down at the moment. I will just have to see how I feel about it at that point. I also figure if I do decide to cut back I would have enough to cut to donate (not to LoL though) and still have long hair.

Amara
October 12th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Hi krn2891! I'm in the same boat, I might reach classic, cut, and then grow again, as I am on a quest to have all virgin hair. Not sure how long I'll want to go before I cut, and/or if I'll do a big cut or just keep trimming every so often like I do now.

krn2891
October 12th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Its going to be awhile before I have all virgin hair. The last time I dyed it was 2 years ago, so the only virgin hair I have is from my chin up and I'm not cutting it that short ever.
My hair has always been my defining feature but now when I have to wear it up most of the time it makes it hard. I do still wear it down once in awhile, usually the day after I wash but it gets in the way and its just starting to be at the point where i have to be careful when I sit down. I don't know maybe its an awkward length and once it gets past this I will love it again. The funny part is I don't really think of it as long.

Amara
October 12th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I don't usually think of mine as long, either. It's funny. When I started out I thought tailbone was SOOOOOO long! :D

I won't have virgin hair for a long time either. I've been growing mine out for a little over two years, and so the line is around shoulder for the canopy and approaching APL for the underneath and hairs growing out of the back of my head farther down. But someday! :)

Quixii
October 13th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Oo, finally a thread that applies to my length! :D
When my hair is sopping wet in the shower, it's only a couple inches from the beginnings of classic. Every time I'm in the shower I hold my thumb and for finger to see how much longer.
It always looks the same length when dry, though. Slowly, slowly..

I didn't think of my hair as long until I joined this site. (It was already about about hip/tailbone.) Not too long after that, it started getting in my pants when I pulled them up and such, so I really noticed that it was getting long. I feel like my hair's been at about the same length for the past year or so, though. (Though I was still under the impression that semi-frequent trimmings were a requirement, so I'm trying not to do that and see whether I'll actually grow some more now.)
So far, my daily style is still a simple ponytail, but I'm starting to branch out with braids and rope braids. (Especially the second, because I just love those. <3)

AprilElf
October 13th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Hello! I've no idea if there was thread already:confused:, but thanks for starting this one, Amara. :D

I was at tailbone (39") when I joined LHC.
I've just reached 'classic when wet'! LOL! :p

I've never measured how much shrinkage my hair has, but I'm guessing I have two or three more inches to go before my hair is classic length when it's naturally curly.
My classic measurement is 46".

I've always had long hair, but I think this is the longest it's ever been. :)
Even though I've gained 7 inches over the last (almost) two years, it's only been recently that my hair has felt like it's getting long. This is probably because it tapers quite a bit, and also because I only wear it out when it's freshly washed and curly.

Maybe I'll hit 'classic when dry' by the end of the NZ summer (end of Feb), if I'm lucky?!?! ;)

hennaphile
October 13th, 2009, 04:05 AM
About two inches away :cheer:

embee
October 13th, 2009, 04:38 AM
Well, this is where I live. :) My few longest hairs (like maybe 5 or 6?) are at classic (unless they fell out since I last measured!) and the bulk of my hair is between tailbone and classic. This seems to be terminal. I've not trimmed and have little breakage that I see, and it's not getting any longer than in the low 40s.

Because my hair is thin and fine nobody realizes how long it is. If it grows much longer (which I don't expect) I'll have to get new hairtoys.... ;)

Gabriel
October 13th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Yay! I belong here! I'm very short waisted and I'm past waist and tailbone and hip because they are all about within the same length for me but I am not at classic yet which is my goal.

When I started at LHC I was at about earlobe length. I've had past tailbone length before so my hair hasn't started to feel long until recently.

I have about four or five inches to grow before I hit classic. In between reaching that goal I am looking for a good place to get some soft long layers cut into the length of my hair so it has more of a style when I wear it down as it grows longer.

Plus if my ends are too blunt they poke out of my updos which I wear a lot as it gets longer.

spidermom
October 13th, 2009, 06:50 AM
My hair measures 39-1/4 inches and classic length will be about 44" long. Sigh ......... I don't even know if my hair will get that long. I've only had 3/4 of an inch of growth in the past 3 months.

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Hey! It's awesome to see all of you around the same place in your journey as me, whether you're here for good or still growing. :flowers:

So far, my daily style is still a simple ponytail, but I'm starting to branch out with braids and rope braids. (Especially the second, because I just love those. <3)

Oh my gosh, I love rope braids at this length too! They're so pretty. I wore double rope braids yesterday and saw lots of envious looks. :D

I was at tailbone (39") when I joined LHC.
I've just reached 'classic when wet'! LOL! :p
Maybe I'll hit 'classic when dry' by the end of the NZ summer (end of Feb), if I'm lucky?!?! ;)

Wow, that's not too long now! How exciting!!! :D

About two inches away :cheer:

Are you doing what I do in the shower when i get that close - tilting your head back and imagining...? <g>

Well, this is where I live. :) My few longest hairs (like maybe 5 or 6?) are at classic (unless they fell out since I last measured!) and the bulk of my hair is between tailbone and classic. This seems to be terminal.

What a great length to have terminal!

When I started at LHC I was at about earlobe length. I've had past tailbone length before so my hair hasn't started to feel long until recently.

I have about four or five inches to grow before I hit classic. In between reaching that goal I am looking for a good place to get some soft long layers cut into the length of my hair so it has more of a style when I wear it down as it grows longer.

Plus if my ends are too blunt they poke out of my updos which I wear a lot as it gets longer.

I have lots of layers in the front, which I love, and bangs. Front layers are good at this length I think since all over layering makes my hair look messy and broken. I just don't have the right hairtype for layers+long hair.
I also don't like blunt ends at this length - my U-shape has helped a lot with updoes. :)

My hair measures 39-1/4 inches and classic length will be about 44" long. Sigh ......... I don't even know if my hair will get that long. I've only had 3/4 of an inch of growth in the past 3 months.

Spidermom, I thought I'd see you here! We've been growing together for a while now. :) It's also 44" for me and I think 3/4" in 3 months is nothing to sneeze at - I know that's slower than you're used to but that's still lots of good growth! Are you planning on going longer than classic or undecided?

What about the rest of you? Are you staying between tailbone and classic on purpose? If classic is your goal, is it just an intermediary goal or is that your final answer? :)

spidermom
October 13th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I change my mind every hour or two. Sometimes I want to grow on to terminal length just to see what it is. Other times I feel like I can't wait to cut back to waist or maybe even BSL. I love looking at long hair, but I don't spend that much time looking at myself, so I think I'm most aware of my long hair as a hassle. I do find it rather soothing to comb out; it's like a trigger that helps me to relax.

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 11:29 AM
I also like combing mine - it's a nice relaxing thing to do in the evenings. I've had DH offer to comb it for me too - a handful of times - and it's been so nice. :)

patience
October 13th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I'm barely at tailbone now (since I trimmed last week). It will probably take me over a year to get to classic. My growth has slowed down and I'm trimming off the damage/dyed hair. I don't know how long I'll let it grow. I would like to get to fingertip, but I don't know if my hair will grow that long. I will have to see what my virgin hair is capable of once this damaged stuff is gone (many years down the road).

Nightshade
October 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I'm in :)

Between growing and trimming I've bounced between tailbone and classic for awhile, and plan to hang out here until my hemline thickens a bit (probably a year or so). Then I'll make a break for fingertip :cheer:

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I'm barely at tailbone now (since I trimmed last week). It will probably take me over a year to get to classic. My growth has slowed down and I'm trimming off the damage/dyed hair. I don't know how long I'll let it grow. I would like to get to fingertip, but I don't know if my hair will grow that long. I will have to see what my virgin hair is capable of once this damaged stuff is gone (many years down the road).

I like the idea of fingertip as well. Tailbone seems like a nice place to stay if you've got damage to trim off. Long enough to put it up in all sorts of dos! I also have a growing goal that's many years down the road - I'd like to be this long or longer with all virgin hair. Someday!

I'm in :)

Between growing and trimming I've bounced between tailbone and classic for awhile, and plan to hang out here until my hemline thickens a bit (probably a year or so). Then I'll make a break for fingertip :cheer:

Woohoo!! Do you grow to classic and then cut back to tailbone or is it more random than that? I like the image of your hair escaping and making a break for a longer length. Teehee!

Nightshade
October 13th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Woohoo!! Do you grow to classic and then cut back to tailbone or is it more random than that? I like the image of your hair escaping and making a break for a longer length. Teehee!

Eh, I do microtrims rather than larger ones. So I'll get right around classic and then take off an inch or so every other month. :)

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 02:21 PM
That's what I'm thinking of doing... I'd like to be rid of the hennaed 2/3rd of my hair without losing a big chunk of length all at once. I know your good advice, Nightshade! :) A bit at a time...

Quixii
October 13th, 2009, 05:41 PM
My long term goal has been, ever since I was a little girl, knee length. Over all, I like classic better though, and if I were to ever reach one of those two lengths, I may cut back to tailbone or even higher. :shrug:

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 10:12 PM
My long term goal has been, ever since I was a little girl, knee length. Over all, I like classic better though, and if I were to ever reach one of those two lengths, I may cut back to tailbone or even higher. :shrug:

Quixii - have you been to classic or knee before? The way you said you "like classic better" made me wonder.

Nevermore
October 13th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Yay, a thread for me! I have about a year until classic and I'm really looking forward to it. Imo hair isn't truly long until it hits classic. I think I'll be more content with it then too and stop thinking about cutting it because I'll know it CAN get that long. I was confident it would hit waist, not so confident about tailbone and uncertain about classic and beyond, despite no hints of terminal length. I just haven't been there, or close to there, before. Fear of the unknown, I guess. I have a goal longer than most people here, but I'd be relatively happy somewhere between classic and knee. I'd be freaking crushed if it wouldn't get to classic.

DragonLady
October 13th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I was hoping to be at classic before the new year, but don't think I'm quite going to make it. I've been stuck around 37" for about three months now, so if I'm going to get there I'd better do some light-year speeds.

dragonfrog
October 14th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Hey, I think I fit in here too!

I was firmly at tailbone (37” on me), but I trimmed off an inch last weekend… now I would say I am at “can-I-call-this-tailbone?” length. Classic will be 42” for me.

I also have some old (chemical) dye left on my ends. It’s been about 4 years since I last dyed my hair, so it’s really just the last 5-6 inches.

I don’t really have a firm goal length in mind; I plan on growing until I feel it’s “long enough.” I am guessing that will be at least classic length, and no longer than knee length… fingertip does sound nice; on me fingertip is about the same as mid thigh, but fingertip sounds so much prettier :)

Amara
October 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Yay, a thread for me! I have about a year until classic and I'm really looking forward to it [...] I'd be freaking crushed if it wouldn't get to classic.

I'm sure if you're not showing signs of terminal yet, you'll surely hit classic, if you're only a year away! :) Congrats on being so close to your goal!!

I was hoping to be at classic before the new year, but don't think I'm quite going to make it. I've been stuck around 37" for about three months now, so if I'm going to get there I'd better do some light-year speeds.

How much farther do you have to go? I got stuck around 35" for a few inches... must be a popular place for a stall! :)

I also have some old (chemical) dye left on my ends. It’s been about 4 years since I last dyed my hair, so it’s really just the last 5-6 inches.

I don’t really have a firm goal length in mind; I plan on growing until I feel it’s “long enough.” I am guessing that will be at least classic length, and no longer than knee length… fingertip does sound nice; on me fingertip is about the same as mid thigh, but fingertip sounds so much prettier :)

I have some old chemical dye as well - probably 10 inches or so with henna over it? And another 10 of just henna (that's a very rough estimate), although all of that did get an ashy brown semi-permanent dye over it to help blend it in (it didn't) with my natural color. So really, I've got from shoulders down un-virgin. :) Can't wait till it's all gone.

I also am growing till it's "long enough." Not sure where that'll take me. :)

OhioLisa
October 14th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I'm in too! I am currently at 38.5", with classic being somewhere around 40"-40.5". Alllllmoooosstttt there. :)

Amara
October 14th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I'm in too! I am currently at 38.5", with classic being somewhere around 40"-40.5". Alllllmoooosstttt there. :)

Wow, you are sooooo close!! How exciting! 2 more inches to go for you! I have 4.5 or so. How much growth do you get per month?

sweetestday
October 14th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I'm at tailbone right now, and have never gone past that. I think I may try since hanging around here has gotten me into the long hair mood. :) Usually I go back and forth from tb to waist and back again. We'll see if I can keep it going for awhile.
Hey, what is the definition of classic anyway? I still haven't completely figured out this site yet. I know I became a member a long time ago, but never really started looking around much until we got our first home computer about a year ago.

spidermom
October 14th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I'm at tailbone right now, and have never gone past that. I think I may try since hanging around here has gotten me into the long hair mood. :) Usually I go back and forth from tb to waist and back again. We'll see if I can keep it going for awhile.
Hey, what is the definition of classic anyway? I still haven't completely figured out this site yet. I know I became a member a long time ago, but never really started looking around much until we got our first home computer about a year ago.

Classic length goes all the way over your rear-end and touches the top of your thighs.

Nevermore
October 14th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Amara, I'm just one of those people who worries about nearly impossible things (terminal length above classic, being struck by lightning, contracting some rare tropical disease unknown to medicine). I'm sure it'll reach classic-if I'm not hit by lightning first :p

Quixii
October 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Quixii - have you been to classic or knee before? The way you said you "like classic better" made me wonder.
Oh no, I just like how it looks on other people better and it looks more manageable. :)

Coriander
October 14th, 2009, 06:34 PM
How lovely to have a "home"... thank you for starting this thread!

I'm currently at 39" and classic is around 44. This is measured to the bottom of my... buttocks.

I imagine this measurement may change should I be able to "lift" 'em up with exercise. :laugh:

My plan is to get to 41", and get a 1" trim. Then continue on from there.

bigmama8
October 14th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I've been looking for a thread for this length! Thanks for starting it! Classic is 42" for me. My hair is now 41" which is really close to classic. I hope to reach classic by Christmas. I plan on growing a few inches past classic, then trimming to get a thicker hemline at classic. After that I may grow mine to fingertip, but that is about the longest I want. For now I'm impatiently waiting the day when I can get to classic. It seems like it's been a long time since tailbone.

DragonLady
October 14th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonLady
How much farther do you have to go? I got stuck around 35" for a few inches... must be a popular place for a stall!

I haven't measured, but I would guess about four more inches.

Quixii
October 14th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Wee, I just measured and I'm now at 35 inches - an inch more than I last measured! (Though I don't remember if that was last month or two months ago..) And here I thought my hair hadn't grown at all. :confused: Well, that's how it goes, I guess. Especially with curly hair.

OhioLisa
October 15th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Wow, you are sooooo close!! How exciting! 2 more inches to go for you! I have 4.5 or so. How much growth do you get per month?

I get the typical .5" per month, with a spurt of more here and there. So, should be just a few more months. I hope I don't hit terminal before then. :)

Little_Bird
October 15th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Well I think I can post here too, since my hair is a little past tailbone when I stretch the wave (shhh... it's still not uffocial! ;)), but anyways...

Tailbone on me is at about 40 inches, while classic is between 45-47 inches, so I think I still have a year to go for classic. I only hope my hair grows at it's average rate of 6 inches so I can really get there.
As I'm growing out layers, what I want to do afterwards is let it grow a little longer (about two inches - it can be up untill 47 inches I guess) and cut back maybe to 45 inches again, and so on and so on... But I'm pretty sure I'll have to start regular trims next year. I'm so fed up with my ends... I'm 2 years away from finishing university, so the first year will be to grow non stop (just like my 2 first years) and the second year I hope tobe a trim year.

This is a very motivating thread! Yay :D Let's go to classic all together!! :flower::grouphug:

Isa-belle
October 15th, 2009, 06:24 AM
I'm glad you created this thread Amara! I just reached tailbone length - altough when stretched, my longest strands reach the middle of my bum.

I don't usually think of mine as long, either. It's funny. When I started out I thought tailbone was SOOOOOO long! :D
Tailbone length used to seem so long to me as well when I was still waist length. Not so much now... :lol:

As AprilElf remarked, this may have to do with having a U/V-shaped hemline. When we look at our hair sideways in a mirror, what we see is the shorter hair from the sides. I always get a pleasant surprise when I take pictures of my back, but it doesn't prevent me from not being able to feel my hair is as long as it may appear to others.

Tailbone on me is 35.5" (I'm small) and I expect classic to be 39-40" (depending on the degree of wave). I'll hopefully reach it next spring - provided I don't obsess over my hemline anymore and don't trim more than is necessary :rolleyes: ;)

spidermom
October 15th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Tailbone seems long to me. If I've about maxed out (terminal), it's all right. I've felt this way since hip length.

Isa-belle
October 15th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Tailbone seems long to me. If I've about maxed out (terminal), it's all right. I've felt this way since hip length.
Tailbone seems long to me on others... That may very much have to do with my being so short. Tailbone on me is truly shorter than on an average person.
Come to think of it, this may also have to do with my never being happy with myself :brickwall :shrug:

Amara
October 15th, 2009, 02:30 PM
How lovely to have a "home"... thank you for starting this thread!
I'm currently at 39" and classic is around 44. This is measured to the bottom of my... buttocks.
I imagine this measurement may change should I be able to "lift" 'em up with exercise. :laugh:
My plan is to get to 41", and get a 1" trim. Then continue on from there.

Ha! I wonder how many inches exercise would be good for? *puts lunges on her list of things to do for hair growth* I'm also going from 39" to 44"!

I've been looking for a thread for this length! Thanks for starting it! Classic is 42" for me. My hair is now 41" which is really close to classic. I hope to reach classic by Christmas. I plan on growing a few inches past classic, then trimming to get a thicker hemline at classic. After that I may grow mine to fingertip, but that is about the longest I want. For now I'm impatiently waiting the day when I can get to classic. It seems like it's been a long time since tailbone.

You are so close to classic, wow! I've thought about fingertip, too. Fingertip must be the longest where combing is NOT a multi-step process. Actually, maybe that's shorter than fingertip. If you can't comfortably reach the ends of your hair stretched out, that would definitely change your grooming routine, if only a little.

Amara
October 15th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Wee, I just measured and I'm now at 35 inches - an inch more than I last measured! (Though I don't remember if that was last month or two months ago..) And here I thought my hair hadn't grown at all. :confused: Well, that's how it goes, I guess. Especially with curly hair.

An inch - what a nice surprise that always is! :D Kudos to you for getting all this way with curly hair... I know that takes a bit of extra patience!

Well I think I can post here too, since my hair is a little past tailbone when I stretch the wave (shhh... it's still not uffocial! ), but anyways...

Tailbone on me is at about 40 inches, while classic is between 45-47 inches, so I think I still have a year to go for classic. I only hope my hair grows at it's average rate of 6 inches so I can really get there.
As I'm growing out layers, what I want to do afterwards is let it grow a little longer (about two inches - it can be up untill 47 inches I guess) and cut back maybe to 45 inches again, and so on and so on... But I'm pretty sure I'll have to start regular trims next year. I'm so fed up with my ends... I'm 2 years away from finishing university, so the first year will be to grow non stop (just like my 2 first years) and the second year I hope tobe a trim year.

This is a very motivating thread! Yay :D Let's go to classic all together!! :flower::grouphug:

I hadn't thought of having "grow" years and "trim" years. That's a cool idea.
I'm struggling with liking a blunter u hemline and trims helping with velcroey ends but also wanting as much growth as possible. I grow the average 6" a year and I don't want to waste any of it! :)

I'm so glad so many people popped up here on this thread. It makes me feel great to know we're all around the same place heading for the same goals. :)

Tailbone seems long to me on others... That may very much have to do with my being so short. Tailbone on me is truly shorter than on an average person.
Come to think of it, this may also have to do with my never being happy with myself :brickwall :shrug:

Tailbone always looks long to me in pics of other people, but on me all I look at is how many more inches I'd like, not what I've already got. Man, the things our brains put us through. :P Try to be happier with yourself, Isa-belle, you've got beautiful hair and you shouldn't feel weird about your length just because you're shorter! :flowers:

Kimberly
October 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Thank you for starting this thread!

I've been at or around tailbone for years now -- I measure with my hair stretched, because the tightness of the curl is always changing and makes the length vary so greatly. I have been in the process of chopping off major damage for a long time . . . 3", 5", or even 6" at a time, usually about once or twice a year. Now that's gone, but I have the regrowth (damage and shedding all occurred due to the same incident) that's going to make my hair more difficult for some time to come. The regrowth now likes to stick straight up, and then form a loop with an end sticking off, sort of like the one at the top of an iconic Dairy Queen ice cream cone. Except there are lots of them, some up to four inches high. You can imagine the frizz potential and tangleability, and the damage that leads to, and the huge trims I'll have when they get long enough.

I accept it by remembering that this sort of soft halo look was really big around 1900 . . . my hair likes to do the floaty clouds of barely defined curls thing and it suits me, if you can get past the fact that it went out of style a hundred years ago.

I'll get to classic eventually!

Isa-belle
October 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Tailbone always looks long to me in pics of other people, but on me all I look at is how many more inches I'd like, not what I've already got. Man, the things our brains put us through. :P Try to be happier with yourself, Isa-belle, you've got beautiful hair and you shouldn't feel weird about your length just because you're shorter!
Amara: :smooch: :love:

Kiraela
October 15th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Ooh, Finally a length thread I belong in! Has anybody else found that about halfway between TB and CL is a really awkward length? None of my updos are staying put, my normal sticks have suddenly become too thin to hold it up, it pulls funny, and gets in the way when down!

Despite that, I am loving every extra millimeter, and I'm looking foward to when things settle down and start working right again. Until then, I think braids are my best friends, again.

spidermom
October 15th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Awkward - yes! I was pretty much living in my double-loop nautilus ("the bun that stays"); now it doesn't stay. The bun that stays doesn't! It's because my ends don't quite wrap around an entire revolution more, so don't stay tucked anymore. Or the weight has increased just enough to pull the whole thing apart - I'm not sure. Now I'm trying to figure something else out; haven't found a new go-to style that always works.

Amara
October 15th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I accept it by remembering that this sort of soft halo look was really big around 1900 . . . my hair likes to do the floaty clouds of barely defined curls thing and it suits me, if you can get past the fact that it went out of style a hundred years ago.

Oh, I LOVE that look! :) You're lucky. My very straight hair does no such thing! :)

Amara: :smooch: :love:

:D

Ooh, Finally a length thread I belong in! Has anybody else found that about halfway between TB and CL is a really awkward length? None of my updos are staying put, my normal sticks have suddenly become too thin to hold it up, it pulls funny, and gets in the way when down!

Despite that, I am loving every extra millimeter, and I'm looking foward to when things settle down and start working right again. Until then, I think braids are my best friends, again.

I haven't encountered a weird length yet - but I have a couple inches to go before I'm at the mid-way point. My hair's pretty fine and thin so I haven't actually ever encountered a hard length (yet). Maybe because I don't have all that much hair to begin with, so my updoes are more adaptable? Not sure.

Kimberly
October 15th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Oh, I LOVE that look! :) You're lucky. My very straight hair does no such thing! :)

Thanks, Amara! Sometimes I've wished for straight hair like yours . . . shiny and sleek and when put into a bun it probably looks NEAT! :)

sibylla
October 15th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I´ve just reached TB and my hair is starting to feel too long. It gets stuck every where (it stole a persons glasses when I was standing up in the subway..).

The Nautilus bun is a great savior for me. (I love Hypnoticas tutorial on Youtube). Couldn´t live without it.

I love my hair when I go out in public. I love the gazes and stares and I like my own reflection as I pass by a window. I´ll try to hang in the for a while longer but it´s harder for me then when I was at hip.

Ah!As my hair is very slippery the big claw-clips are my favourites now.

Kiraela
October 15th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I've found the nautilus(or at least, my halfassed attempts) to be fairly secure and stable for short term, but they always work themselves out within an hour. It's only been recently that I've had enough hair to even do one! I think it's because my hair is so... pokey-outey, so damaged on the ends still, so... so darn :taz:UNCOOPERATIVE:taz: that a lot of styles just... don't seem to work. at all.

I'm seriously considering cutting 3-4" or more off at the beginning of November, to get rid of about half of the remaining really bad damage. Nothing is working anymore, and it may just be time for it to go. I'm still not sure, though, because I do love the length so much. It's a hard decision... Quality or Quantity... You know?

Amara
October 15th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I´ve just reached TB and my hair is starting to feel too long. It gets stuck every where (it stole a persons glasses when I was standing up in the subway..).

The Nautilus bun is a great savior for me. (I love Hypnoticas tutorial on Youtube). Couldn´t live without it.

I love my hair when I go out in public. I love the gazes and stares and I like my own reflection as I pass by a window. I´ll try to hang in the for a while longer but it´s harder for me then when I was at hip.

Ah!As my hair is very slippery the big claw-clips are my favourites now.

I have not been able to wear big claw clips for a really long time, which sucks, as they were so handy! I'm envious of you! And thanks to you and Spidermom I just went and watched the nautilus tutorial on youtube, and I'll have to give that a try tomorrow!

I've found the nautilus(or at least, my halfassed attempts) to be fairly secure and stable for short term, but they always work themselves out within an hour. It's only been recently that I've had enough hair to even do one! I think it's because my hair is so... pokey-outey, so damaged on the ends still, so... so darn :taz:UNCOOPERATIVE:taz: that a lot of styles just... don't seem to work. at all.

I'm seriously considering cutting 3-4" or more off at the beginning of November, to get rid of about half of the remaining really bad damage. Nothing is working anymore, and it may just be time for it to go. I'm still not sure, though, because I do love the length so much. It's a hard decision... Quality or Quantity... You know?

It sounds like you're pretty frustrated. If you're not enjoying it, I'd say you should cut 2" and see how it feels. Sometimes a smaller cut than you think you need is actually really helpful. :) Then you won't feel like you've lost so much length but maybe you'll be happier with the ends?

Gabriel
October 15th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I like reading through this thread and seeing how everyone is doing. I'm really enjoying this length now - it seemed more awkward a couple of inches ago for me.

I need to do an accurate measurement of how long my hair is and when classic is on me. I'm short (high?) waisted so I always feel like I am cheating a bit. If I ever try to grow to knee that would be a huge length.

WritingPrincess
October 15th, 2009, 05:34 PM
I'm here, for another month or two. I'm at 41" right now, and classic is 42" for me, so I'm almost there. I don't remember how long tailbone is . . . 36" maybe? For me, the biggest change since tailbone is that my hair has started to actually feel long! I'll be squeezing the water out in the shower and look down and think, "Wow, it's getting long." :D Also, I can almost sit on it. If it's down and I'm on a bed or sofa, I will lean on it. It's fun.

Amara
October 15th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I like reading through this thread and seeing how everyone is doing. I'm really enjoying this length now - it seemed more awkward a couple of inches ago for me.

I need to do an accurate measurement of how long my hair is and when classic is on me. I'm short (high?) waisted so I always feel like I am cheating a bit. If I ever try to grow to knee that would be a huge length.

You can't cheat! It's the way it is. Just count yourself lucky! :D

krn2891
October 16th, 2009, 12:18 AM

I'm finding it awkward. I'm not quite sure what it is though, I can still get buns to stay and have actually been able to do a few new buns. I think maybe its because I can no longer wear it in a pony tail without getting a massive headach because of the weight of it. I keep figuring that the awkward stage will pass. Now if I could just convince my brain that it is long I would be in great shape.

Gabriel
October 16th, 2009, 06:08 AM
I finally measured (well on my dry hair) and it looks like I'm currently around 36 inches. Classic will be about 40 inches for me. Not too far to go.

Kiraela
October 16th, 2009, 09:29 AM

I finally measured (well on my dry hair) and it looks like I'm currently around 36 inches. Classic will be about 40 inches for me. Not too far to go.

I'm very high waisted too! 27" or so, actually, so I understand about feeling like you've cheated! TB is 35, I'm at about 37-38 now, and classic is between 40 and 41". there's definately a big length gap between waist and Classic.

I also found the area between hip and TB to be rather difficult, but not nearly this bad! It's probable that most of my aggravation with it comes from the fact that the damage from three years go is getting more and more obvious, and it no longer looks good down due to the ends from about hip down being a nest of splits, white dots, fairy knots, and bleached bronze messiness.

I'm here, for another month or two. I'm at 41" right now, and classic is 42" for me, so I'm almost there. I don't remember how long tailbone is . . . 36" maybe? For me, the biggest change since tailbone is that my hair has started to actually feel long! I'll be squeezing the water out in the shower and look down and think, "Wow, it's getting long." :D Also, I can almost sit on it. If it's down and I'm on a bed or sofa, I will lean on it. It's fun.
OOh, you are getting close!! Congratulations!

I'm finding it awkward. I'm not quite sure what it is though, I can still get buns to stay and have actually been able to do a few new buns. I think maybe its because I can no longer wear it in a pony tail without getting a massive headach because of the weight of it. I keep figuring that the awkward stage will pass. Now if I could just convince my brain that it is long I would be in great shape.

Have you tried a low, nape ponytail? That's the only kind I can get to work, either. Anything much higher has to be the base of a bun, otherwise it sags, pulls, and is generally uncomfortable.

Amara
October 16th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I had a small trim last night and now my hair is happily soaking in coconut oil and shea butter. :) I had been avoiding trims in a race for length but am changing my ways now... (stop and smell the roses!) I'm tired of obsessing over length! I wanted a trim (I like a u-hemline that is like halfway between fairy tale and blunt) so I had one dangit! :)

I was wondering - what makes your goal classic? For me, it's mostly visual right now - I really really really like how that length looks. Is that what you are all looking forward to, or is there a different reason you're shooting for classic? :)

Isa-belle
October 16th, 2009, 11:38 AM
I had a small trim last night and now my hair is happily soaking in coconut oil and shea butter. :) I had been avoiding trims in a race for length but am changing my ways now... (stop and smell the roses!) I'm tired of obsessing over length! I wanted a trim (I like a u-hemline that is like halfway between fairy tale and blunt) so I had one dangit! :)
I bet your hair will look fantastic after this trim and conditioning! :cheese: (not that it didn't look gorgeous already, mind you ;) ).

I was wondering - what makes your goal classic? For me, it's mostly visual right now - I really really really like how that length looks. Is that what you are all looking forward to, or is there a different reason you're shooting for classic? :)
It's visual for me, as well. I think classic length is so graceful. "Classic" is indeed a great name for it, methinks :D
This, and fantasizing over the feeling on being able to sit on one's hair :p

Amara
October 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I bet your hair will look fantastic after this trim and conditioning! :cheese: (not that it didn't look gorgeous already, mind you ;) ).
Aw thanks!!! I scalp-washed and oiled the length some more today and it's up in wrapped braids. I think it's pretty happy. :)

It's visual for me, as well. I think classic length is so graceful. "Classic" is indeed a great name for it, methinks :D
This, and fantasizing over the feeling on being able to sit on one's hair :p

That will be fun!! Not that we'll let it happen too often, just every once in while to enjoy it :D

dukkelisa
October 16th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I am tailbone! I didn't even know it, I thought I was hip length, but I am definitely tailbone. I don't have a measuring tape on the road, but the last measurement was 38 inches and that was a couple of months ago.

I'm a non-cutter, although I have fairytale ends, they seem to be fairly even across the hem. I had shoulder length hair when I married in Jan of 04, let it grown to about BSL and then cut it to just brushing the shoulders (for a job, no less) in late 2005. I haven't cut it since. I really was upset that I cut it and vowed that was it.

I have always had short hair except in my teens, when I had knee length. I cut it when I was 17 and haven't had long hair until these last few years. I regret that cut too.

My hair is not doing as well at this time, as my daughter convinced me to dye it last Jan, and I couldn't stand it and stripped the colour out. This left my virgin hair rough and tangle prone. I have been babying it as much as I can, but I have lost some thickness, and in August, I had such a bad tangle that after a whole day of leave in conditioner and working it, I had to cut the remaining mass that was 1 inch from my scalp, leaving a huge ponytail of hair missing. I cried for days over that incident.

While I hate the thought of cutting my hair, I may stop at classic and trim for the time it takes to have all virgin hair again, which will be about 3-4 years for me. Not sure yet if I will.

Amara
October 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I am tailbone! I didn't even know it, I thought I was hip length, but I am definitely tailbone. I don't have a measuring tape on the road, but the last measurement was 38 inches and that was a couple of months ago.

I'm a non-cutter, although I have fairytale ends, they seem to be fairly even across the hem. I had shoulder length hair when I married in Jan of 04, let it grown to about BSL and then cut it to just brushing the shoulders (for a job, no less) in late 2005. I haven't cut it since. I really was upset that I cut it and vowed that was it.

I have always had short hair except in my teens, when I had knee length. I cut it when I was 17 and haven't had long hair until these last few years. I regret that cut too.

My hair is not doing as well at this time, as my daughter convinced me to dye it last Jan, and I couldn't stand it and stripped the colour out. This left my virgin hair rough and tangle prone. I have been babying it as much as I can, but I have lost some thickness, and in August, I had such a bad tangle that after a whole day of leave in conditioner and working it, I had to cut the remaining mass that was 1 inch from my scalp, leaving a huge ponytail of hair missing. I cried for days over that incident.

While I hate the thought of cutting my hair, I may stop at classic and trim for the time it takes to have all virgin hair again, which will be about 3-4 years for me. Not sure yet if I will.

Welcome dukkelisa! Congrats at being at tailbone! I'm sorry about your tangles! I'm sure we can all relate to some hair loss due to a stubborn knot. More than half the S&D I do is knots that have formed in my hair. Each one is small but they sure add up!

I'm also considering stopping at classic and growing until I have all virgin hair, which would also be about 4 years for me, I think.

I saw a post in another thread and I know you don't have much support from your family for your hair endeavors. That must be tough. Just wanted to give you a :grouphug:. Come here whenever you need encouragement! :)

krn2891
October 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I have tried just doing a pony tail at the nape of my neck and it works for getting my hair out of the way but I can't wear my hair like that all day unless I want to spend a couple hours in the evening dealing the the big nest that forms on the underside of the pony tail. I have just been wearing buns or braids most of the time.

Amara
October 16th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I have tried just doing a pony tail at the nape of my neck and it works for getting my hair out of the way but I can't wear my hair like that all day unless I want to spend a couple hours in the evening dealing the the big nest that forms on the underside of the pony tail. I have just been wearing buns or braids most of the time.

Ugh, I wish I could wear a nape pony, too, but I also get the rats' nest underneath. I have lots of little hairs under there and they like to tangle. Plus my length gets pretty tangly, too.

longinthehair
October 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Hi there - Yay - I belong in this group as well! Not trimming except for micro-trim once a yr...maybe twice..definitely sparse fairytale ends, but want to keep on getting the length. I am long-waisted, so I think a solid classic length on me would be about 4.5 to 5 or so more inches..maybe classic at 45 or 46 inches..ways to go yet. Just starting to experience that difference in combing..not really getting to the ends solidly without holding hair up quite a bit more..notice I'm having to adjust more and more while combing!
Just noticed my side braid including a five-inch tail is solidly to waist in front now!..that's a definite milestone. In back when wet (without braid) , longest hairs are somewhere around mid-butt I think.
Never thought when I first joined LHC that classic could be a realistic goal..stoked for sure (as they say). Could classic even be maybe only 3.5 to 4 or so inches away? That's an awsome thought.

vindo
October 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I was at this stage but got to classic length Oktober 2008... have been pausing since.

Once my hair reached mid butt it got stuck on my butt a lot, the ends would just sit on it..it was not the best length for me.
I grew to past midbutt as fast as I could (with monthly 0.2" trims) and then decided to do the trimming I needed.

Just recently I have started to grow a bit further and trim not as much monthly.

WritingPrincess
October 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM
OOh, you are getting close!! Congratulations!

Thanks!

I recently discovered waves in my hair, not big ones, but enough to maybe be a solid 1c. :shrug: I haven't gotten around to posting a hairtyping pic, they only come out with some coaxing, and I haven't managed to get them to hold long enough to dry, so I don't know.

By washday, the ends have completely straightened themselves, look brassier than the rest of the length, and are noticeably drier. I think I've finally decided on a plan of attack, though I'll probably change my mind next week. :rolleyes: I'm thinking to grow non-stop until the end of February, hopefully get a bit past classic, then trim off an inch every other month (beginnings of February, April, and June), then, hopefully still being at classic, resume my journey on to knee, minus three inches of split ends, and trim half an inch every two months. Wow, that sentence is some long!

dragonfrog
October 16th, 2009, 08:24 PM

I guess classic is my goal because, if I continue trimming half my growth, then I will reach classic at about the same time I will cut off the last of my dye damage. That seems kind of nice. Also, classic seems to be the beginning of really long hair to me.

Whimsical wind
October 17th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I reached tailbone a couple of months ago. I can't wait to get to classic! But I'm afriad it will take a while. So I'm going to concentrate on learning new updo's, and try to forget about the slow process of growing for the moment. I can't wait til my hair is long enough to sit on, though!

Isa-belle
October 18th, 2009, 05:05 AM
How about creating a social group for our category? I mean, there's the classic group, and there's the hip/tailbone group; but we're in between, aren't we? :hmm:

Amara
October 18th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Hey everybody! Come join us at

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/group.php?groupid=204

!!

WritingPrincess
October 18th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Great! I was about to make one myself, but you beat me to it! I do like the thread format better, as I never remember to check the groups.

Coriander
October 18th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Have I said yet how happy I am to be a member of this little group? :D

Kiraela
October 19th, 2009, 04:18 AM
I thought it was funny last night, I mentioned to my mother that I was planning on trimming November 1st or 2nd, and her response was, "OH NOES!! It's going to still be at least to your tailbone, right? Please don't cut it too short!"

Mom is awesome!

spidermom
October 19th, 2009, 06:37 AM
My goal is classic because that length has been turning my head and making me envious ever since I was in grade school. So I MUST have it at least once in my life.

My DH gave me such a nice compliment yesterday morning. I was sitting on the edge of the bed and shook out my sleep bun. He actually gasped "Wow!" and added "So pretty; like a golden waterfall."

SHELIAANN1969
October 19th, 2009, 07:10 AM
I am past tailbone right now, I am at 39" but my longest hairs dip about 2" to 3" into the smile :D

I had hubs measure yesterday, since my butt is bigger, it's a longer journey, lol. I will be at classic at around 47" so I have 8" to go.

I cannot believe how MUCH my hair has grown in the 2 and a half years I have been at LHC!

SHELIAANN1969
October 19th, 2009, 07:11 AM
My goal is classic because that length has been turning my head and making me envious ever since I was in grade school. So I MUST have it at least once in my life.

My DH gave me such a nice compliment yesterday morning. I was sitting on the edge of the bed and shook out my sleep bun. He actually gasped "Wow!" and added "So pretty; like a golden waterfall."

Oh , that's so sweet, how romantic! :heartbeat

Isa-belle
October 19th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I thought it was funny last night, I mentioned to my mother that I was planning on trimming November 1st or 2nd, and her response was, "OH NOES!! It's going to still be at least to your tailbone, right? Please don't cut it too short!"

Mom is awesome!
Your Mom's lovely :thumbsup: the last comment my mum gave me about my hair was that I should "cut it. Much shorter." :shrug:

Yay for the group:cheese:

Amara
October 19th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Wow, what awesome compliments you gals are getting! I haven't gotten any comments on mine, bad or good, for a while. Maybe everybody I know is also trying to practice benign neglect on my hair! :D

maria_asa
October 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yay, finally a thread where I fit in! I passed tailbone at 38" and classic is around 45" which means I should reach it around Christmas next year. (Now that will be some Christmas gift :D)
Classic is not my final goal though. I'm going for mid-thigh/finger tip but I'm not sure I'll ever get there. My hair grows rather slowly and I have a very significant taper already. I'm not giving up yet though :p

Starr
October 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I've been hanging out at midbutt for a while now and the longest bits of my hair are now a mere inch or so from classic. Being as short as I am (tailbone is at 33", classic is 39.5-40"), I didn't have to wait very long for my hair to reach certain milestones down my back, but waiting for it to reach classic makes my rear end seem endlessly long.

Amara
October 20th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I've been hanging out at midbutt for a while now and the longest bits of my hair are now a mere inch or so from classic. Being as short as I am (tailbone is at 33", classic is 39.5-40"), I didn't have to wait very long for my hair to reach certain milestones down my back, but waiting for it to reach classic makes my rear end seem endlessly long.

Plus your 3b, right? So you have to be a bit extra patient because of that, too. Your hair is lovely, it will be STUNNING at classic. :)

My hair is stuck. I had a couple trims (good trims, but still) so I feel like I've been where I am for months. Which I have. SIGH! Impatience!

For the very first time EVER I was annoyed at my length. I don't like my hair down when I'm still sweaty and dirty from a day at work and teaching exercise classes. I feel like my hair will get icky, too. (this is not necessarily logical... but that doesn't stop me from feeling that way). I used to have it down (combing it and oiling it etc) before my evening bath. Well, until an inch or so ago, my length would swing past the inward curve on my lower back and not really touch me all that much, you know? But now it sticks to my lower back and top of my butt and then I feel like it's just as sweaty and gross as the rest of me so I need to wash it. I usually keep it up except for a while in the evening when I take it down, comb, oil, and switch updos. But not I'll have to leave it up until after my bath. Not a big deal, but an adjustment nonetheless and it was also weird to be annoyed with my hair.

Nevermore
October 20th, 2009, 02:54 PM
New development: Remeasured both my hair and classic length-hair is now 36.5 and classic length is actually 41, not 43. This means in about 8 months, I'll be at classic. Past classic for my 21st birthday or classic with layer-free hair, depending on whether I maintain a bit there or not.

This is so exciting!

Also, if anyone's noticed the shifting numbers in my sig, it's due to my complete inability to get the same measurement twice for my body. So annoying. I need to use a wall and put a mark where the top of my head is, to really be able to measure my total height (and therefore floor length) without getting wildly inconsistant measurements.

Amara
October 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
New development: Remeasured both my hair and classic length-hair is now 36.5 and classic length is actually 41, not 43. This means in about 8 months, I'll be at classic. Past classic for my 21st birthday or classic with layer-free hair, depending on whether I maintain a bit there or not.

This is so exciting!

Nevermore - ROCK on! You'll be there in the summer!

I've got about 10 months if I do no trims. But I might have a trim or two. :)

Indigo Girl
October 20th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I'd like to join! Classic is my final goal; I just like the way that length sits on the body.

I'm not too happy with my hair now as the ends have really thinned out due to post-stress, but here is where I'm at:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee206/IndigoGirl11/S7000049-1.jpg

I'm hoping in a year I'll be at classic with good ends. :D

CaityBear
October 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Don't know my measurement right now. A girl on my volleyball team pointed out that my hair's grown lately. But I'm at tailbone exactly now and I'm heading to classic, my overall goal. Very excited! :) Hoping to be classic by grad!!!! :D :D :D

Amara
October 20th, 2009, 09:30 PM
I'd like to join! Classic is my final goal; I just like the way that length sits on the body.

I'm not too happy with my hair now as the ends have really thinned out due to post-stress, but here is where I'm at:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee206/IndigoGirl11/S7000049-1.jpg

I'm hoping in a year I'll be at classic with good ends. :D

WOW Indigo Girl, your hair is SO shiny and gorgeous! I can see your ends are thinner than the rest of your hair but it doesn't look bad at all - it's so pretty. :)

Don't know my measurement right now. A girl on my volleyball team pointed out that my hair's grown lately. But I'm at tailbone exactly now and I'm heading to classic, my overall goal. Very excited! :) Hoping to be classic by grad!!!! :D :D :D

CaityBear - Are you graduating in 2010? :)

Starr
October 21st, 2009, 01:31 AM
Plus your 3b, right? So you have to be a bit extra patient because of that, too. Your hair is lovely, it will be STUNNING at classic. :)

My hair is stuck. I had a couple trims (good trims, but still) so I feel like I've been where I am for months. Which I have. SIGH! Impatience!

For the very first time EVER I was annoyed at my length. I don't like my hair down when I'm still sweaty and dirty from a day at work and teaching exercise classes. I feel like my hair will get icky, too. (this is not necessarily logical... but that doesn't stop me from feeling that way). I used to have it down (combing it and oiling it etc) before my evening bath. Well, until an inch or so ago, my length would swing past the inward curve on my lower back and not really touch me all that much, you know? But now it sticks to my lower back and top of my butt and then I feel like it's just as sweaty and gross as the rest of me so I need to wash it. I usually keep it up except for a while in the evening when I take it down, comb, oil, and switch updos. But not I'll have to leave it up until after my bath. Not a big deal, but an adjustment nonetheless and it was also weird to be annoyed with my hair.

Thank you for the compliment.:flowers:

My curls are the reason why each length goal is two parted: my actual length verses my visual length. My ultimate goal is for my hair to visually be classic length, but a mini goal of mine is to reach classic, despite the fact that it won't look like it until much later.

I totally understand you about the hair annoyances, but in the end we can only hope that all the irratation was worth it reach our goals. I can't really stand to have my hair down too often either there's just too much going on- sweating at the gym, sticky baby fingers, dirt while cleaning, so I completely understand why you feel that way.

windinherhair
October 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM
I would like to join! I am hitting a few inches past hip now. :cheese:

thunderlilies
October 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM
I'm in this group too. I'm not sure what Classic measures on me, but I'm not quite there yet. I think I have a few more inches to go...

Indigo Girl
October 22nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
WOW Indigo Girl, your hair is SO shiny and gorgeous! I can see your ends are thinner than the rest of your hair but it doesn't look bad at all - it's so pretty. :)

Oh how nice! Thank you, Amara! :flowers:

krn2891
October 22nd, 2009, 06:50 PM
Well I'm going to have a trusted friend trim up my ends to make them more even as the winter months are coming up. I'm thinking I'm looking at losing 1/2 to 1 inch. Maybe that will just be enough for me to get used to TB lenght and not be so annoyed with it.

Kiraela
October 22nd, 2009, 08:06 PM
Indigogirl, your hair really does shine like a sheet of bug-free amber!(that's a good thing btw, haha)

I'm trying to decide when to do my next trim, October 30, so it looks good for the halloween party I am attending, or November 1 or 2, after Samhain.

I'm also trying to decide between a 1" trim, or cutting back to Hip length. I think I will go for the 1" first, simply because I have not decided and I don't want to regret it.

Indigo Girl
October 22nd, 2009, 08:32 PM
Aw hey thanks Kiraela! :flowers:

I'm so unhappy with my hair right now, so your comment really cheered me up. :D

Amara
October 22nd, 2009, 09:05 PM
Maybe it's just bad juju floating around. I'm also unhappy with my hair.

Kiraela - would you be cutting back to hip length to maintain there or because you'd like to stay that length for a while?

Kiraela
October 22nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
No, I'd be cutting back to hip to remove damage, and growing back out from there. I'm also wondering if it might help some with my headaches. I doubt it, but at this point, anything is worth investigating.

Kiraela
October 30th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Well, I did it! I guess I won't be belonging in this thread for a few months to a year... My longest point is now at the very top of hip length, and the sides are at about an inch below waist!

Coriander
October 30th, 2009, 12:23 PM
We'll save your spot for you Kiraela... doesn't mean you can't stop by :D :flower:

krn2891
October 30th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Well I didn't end up getting it trimmed last weekend. I was looking at it and decided that the ends were not as bad as I thought they were. I really need to up date my photo on here because that was right before a trim and its so uneven looking in the photo that I seem to keep thinking that my ends look like that now. Funny how our mind can play tricks on us like that.

pinkbunny
October 30th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I also like combing mine - it's a nice relaxing thing to do in the evenings. I've had DH offer to comb it for me too - a handful of times - and it's been so nice. :)

My DH gets upset if I don't let him comb my hair at night! I get the big tangles out with a shower comb, then he goes over it with a wide-tooth and a regular comb. Every so often he'll touch me where my hair stops when he's finished - so cool!

I'm not sure if I technically belong here - TB on me is about 37", classic is 45"-46"ish (oh lawdy, is my bum that big???). When my hair is freshly washed and dried and combed out straight it measures 49", but it doesn't stay there. I think it shrinks once completely dry. Usually my hair has braid waves with curled ends, so it looks like it's in-between TB and classic... So is it ok if I crash here for a bit?

Amara
October 30th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure if I technically belong here - TB on me is about 37", classic is 45"-46"ish (oh lawdy, is my bum that big???). When my hair is freshly washed and dried and combed out straight it measures 49", but it doesn't stay there. I think it shrinks once completely dry. Usually my hair has braid waves with curled ends, so it looks like it's in-between TB and classic... So is it ok if I crash here for a bit?

Of course! Wherever you consider your length home to be. If that's where your hair usually is, sounds like it makes sense to be here. :)

I just tried a CV bar wash - cafe moreno, and then the honey butter soap bar which I've heard works well as a conditioner for some. My hair absolutely HATED me. It was tacky and tangly and gross. I tried to make it work with some oil for a few days but it really just needed a fresh wash. So I conditioned the length with my usual V05 and cafe moreno'd the scalp (which I used to do a lot) and then reconditioned the length, and oiled it too. It's so much happier now. :) It's down while I'm drying it at work sitting here at my desk. :)

What washing methods do you all like, and have they changed as you've gotten longer?

pinkbunny
October 30th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Of course! Wherever you consider your length home to be. If that's where your hair usually is, sounds like it makes sense to be here. :)

Sweeeet! :D

What washing methods do you all like, and have they changed as you've gotten longer?

I've always been a rebel and would rinse but not repeat! :rockerdud
Seriously, though - I just found this forum recently and never knew of any other method than to slather it on, work it in, and rinse it out. This worked okay, but I have noticed some improvement when I started shampooing my scalp only and conditioning from behind the ears to the ends. (My hair has a tendency to get oily at the roots, but dry out on the ends.) I still have no science for selecting what to use - I experiment with new stuff and keep buying whatever works best (and is available), so it's constantly changing. I'm trying to decide what I'd like to try next - so far I'm interested in cassia or coconut oil... :hmm:

Hypnotica
October 30th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Guess I belong here too :)

I hit tailbone sometime in the summer (which is about 35 inches on me). In hindsight, I *never* thought that I would reach it so soon. But it still don't feel long. :P

I have noticed an increased thickness though and it seems that my hair is not tapering yet either. If this stays true when I hit classic, I'm going for knees.

I don't cut. Ever. Not even microtrims.

Amara
October 30th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Guess I belong here too :)

I hit tailbone sometime in the summer (which is about 35 inches on me). In hindsight, I *never* thought that I would reach it so soon. But it still don't feel long. :P

I have noticed an increased thickness though and it seems that my hair is not tapering yet either. If this stays true when I hit classic, I'm going for knees.

I don't cut. Ever. Not even microtrims.

I'm pretty much right at tailbone and I just thought for the first time a week or two ago that I'm finally feeling "long" and would be happy at any time from this point forward coming back to this length or staying here reaching terminal here or whatever. I'm at 39."

Hypnotica No taper and no trims - how cool. :) Your hair must be nice and healthy. :D

Gulbahar
October 30th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I am at almost 38" now which is about mid-bum on me. Classic would be at 42,4", but I am not sure if I want to go there. At the moment I think I will maintain my length and see if I can thicken up the hemline a bit. My hair tapers pretty badly.
Probably there is not much I can do about that. I took my journey to long hair very slowly, trimming regularly and often maintaining a certain length for a while. So I'm not very optimistic that the taper will get less. One thing I hope will help are the changes in my washing routine over the last few years.
I had started using soap almost five years ago after washing for about one year with ghassoul. The latter was really bad on my fragile hair and left some damage. But soap is absolutely perfect for me. My scalp was never so happy and I even noticed that some parts of my hair seem to grow better.
Also I started to take extra good care of the hairs at the nape of my neck. I've noticed that some of them are split and broken. So I am hoping that after growing out the ghassoul damage and with the slight new growth my hemline will thicken up a bit. And then I might try to go further to classic.

BranwenWolf
October 30th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I'm just past tailbone now, I was at longer than classic (almost knee) before I cut when I was 17.
I'm battling some thinning due to meds with Monistat and it's going fairly well.
I haven't measured but it looks like tailbone is 26" (really, I iz short and my spine is compressed from scoliosis) and if I add 9 inches or so to that, classic is about 3 ft. I think I was at about 3.5 ft at it's longest.

Long hair may not be very dramatic on me since I'm 5'2" but I love it. I have a V-hemline that I trimmed to be that way and I much prefer it to the straight-across that I had- being straight across drew too much attention to my scoliosis.

Amara
October 30th, 2009, 05:48 PM
So I am hoping that after growing out the ghassoul damage and with the slight new growth my hemline will thicken up a bit. And then I might try to go further to classic.

I'm hoping to hang out at classic for a while both to grow out the henna and also to thicken up a bit. My longest bits on the front/sides had been abused for a long time before I found LHC!

mimi1153
October 30th, 2009, 06:02 PM
This is where I live now. I wondered why I never fit-in anywhere. It's good to have a home at TBL. I'm at TBL now at 39", classic won't be until 44". (Can we say... more work-outs with Biggest Loser DVD). :rolleyes: Of course, I measured myself so that may be off a little.

I'm hoping for classic, but it sure seems to be a long time coming. I've never gotten that long before, but it was because I got scissor happy. I'm not doing that again... I do micro-trims a couple of times a year and one trim somewhere between 3 and 5" depending on how my ends look. I have basically thin hairs, but a head full of them, but where they are thin my ends look sorta bad if I don't do a good trim. Hoping for better ends and classic to come. :cheer:

Amara
October 30th, 2009, 06:06 PM
This is where I live now. I wondered why I never fit-in anywhere. It's good to have a home at TBL. I'm at TBL now at 39", classic won't be until 44". (Can we say... more work-outs with Biggest Loser DVD). :rolleyes: Of course, I measured myself so that may be off a little.

My tailbone and classic measurements are the same as yours. What are you trying to say? :patrol:

mimi1153
October 30th, 2009, 06:48 PM
My tailbone and classic measurements are the same as yours. What are you trying to say? :patrol:

:D:run::pray::blossom::flowers::love::wannabe::hif ive:

Ummmm, I'd say... I'm in good company. But, I'm probably a whole lot shorter than you... so your.... seat.... may not be the same as mine - - I'm sure it's not!!

mimi1153
October 30th, 2009, 06:52 PM

Ummmm, I'd say... I'm in good company. But, I'm probably a whole lot shorter than you... so your.... seat.... may not be the same as mine - - I'm sure it's not!!

Well, I just checked out your album, and I can assure you -- you are MUCH smaller than me!~! So, I'm wider and shorter -- problem solved... friends? :D

Amara
October 30th, 2009, 07:02 PM

LOL! I'd say I must be as beautiful as you, and you must be as beautiful as me, if we have the same measurements - and we are some beautiful ladies :D

Melisande
October 31st, 2009, 01:53 AM
I'm in! I'm at 36.6 now (93 cm - hopefully more on the 1st of the month!) and that's very nearly tailbone for me. I want to hang in for classic.

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/MataPics_2009/th_20090901lengthsitting2.jpg (http://s983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/MataPics_2009/?action=view&current=20090901lengthsitting2.jpg)

That's me, nearly two months ago. My hair is a bit longer now. That IS tailbone, isn't it? It's longer than hip.

I do tiny trims every six months, but really not much, less than the growth of a month. I have to take new pictures...

Benign neglect is the way to go for me, with oiling, updos and CWC with diluted shampoo. When I have the time, catnip rinses and deep treatments. Lately, I have less time than before to pamper my hair but it grows nevertheless. Nice hair, good hair.

BTW: this is the longest my hair has ever been. I have always been a longhair but only until hip. Now, at the ripe age of 45, I crossed the hip length for the first time. Very good feeling!

Amara
October 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM
BTW: this is the longest my hair has ever been. I have always been a longhair but only until hip. Now, at the ripe age of 45, I crossed the hip length for the first time. Very good feeling!

I'm also at the longest my hair has ever been. (Well, maybe not right this second... a did a small trim a few weeks ago :D) How cool!

Indigo Girl
October 31st, 2009, 05:44 PM
I just tried a CV bar wash - cafe moreno, and then the honey butter soap bar which I've heard works well as a conditioner for some. My hair absolutely HATED me. It was tacky and tangly and gross.

I have two CV bars now that need a home...my hair does NOT like them either. Oddly, the length was left soft and clean, but my roots were a greasy mess. I've tried several times, but they just don't work for me. :(

I'm trying to decide what I'd like to try next - so far I'm interested in cassia or coconut oil... :hmm:

I'm a huge fan of both cassia and coconut oil. My hair loves them both. :D

I wash twice a week. For shampoo I like Aveda, Biolage, and Whole Foods brand. I condition with Biolage Balm, and always do a cold water ACV rinse. It took me a while to find a routine that my hair likes, but I finally did and this works very well for me now. :agree:

Amara
October 31st, 2009, 06:59 PM
I have two CV bars now that need a home...my hair does NOT like them either. Oddly, the length was left soft and clean, but my roots were a greasy mess. I've tried several times, but they just don't work for me. :(

My hair loves the cafe moreno bar as an occasional washing method. I don't need conditioner when I use it. But if I use it all the time my scalp gets greasier than normal, so I usually just wash with it a few times a month.

I also like the babassu marshmallow bar... for an occasional VERY moisturizing wash.

Indigo Girl
October 31st, 2009, 07:46 PM
My hair loves the cafe moreno bar as an occasional washing method. I don't need conditioner when I use it. But if I use it all the time my scalp gets greasier than normal, so I usually just wash with it a few times a month.

I also like the babassu marshmallow bar... for an occasional VERY moisturizing wash.

I have the nettle bar and the summer sunshine bar. If either of those interest you, I'll happily send them to you for free as I have no use for them myself. :flower:

SurprisingWoman
November 1st, 2009, 09:21 AM
This is where I belong. I have NO idea what length my hair measures other than the fact that it is longer than tailbone and shorter than classic.

If my hair doesn't slow drastically I am hoping to be there by New Year's. That would be a fun way to start the year!

Either way, it's good to see all the others that are going through this journey too.

It is an odder stage than I have ever gone through with all of the sitting on it, getting it caught in my pants all the time.... strange things. This is an odd length.

pinkbunny
November 1st, 2009, 03:57 PM
It is an odder stage than I have ever gone through with all of the sitting on it, getting it caught in my pants all the time.... strange things. This is an odd length.

It took a lot of getting used to for me, as well! Once my hair got past my waist, it started doing all kinds of crazy things. I had to be more careful if I saw a stray hair on my long sleeves - because sometimes it was still attached to my head! In the car, I would have to flip it over the back of my seat or let it sit on the center console/armrest while I drove so it didn't get pulled or ratty from sitting on it. I think the funniest by far was something that happened in the shower - when I wash/rinse my hair I keep it as straight as possible to avoid tangles, so I do a "ponytailing" motion to squeeze water through, and one night the combination of movements and water resulted in a whip on my backside! Didn't hurt, but the loud "POP" startled me... :laugh:

Yesterday I tried EVOO and I think my hair really likes it. I'm going to try it on a weekly basis and see how it does in the long run. :silly:

Amara
November 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Well, I trimmed a bit off of mine - maybe 1.5" or 2." The last couple of inches were starting to get annoying to me, both because of how long they were and all of my layers. I'm hoping to reach classic with way less layers. This'll also give me a chance to spend a little longer near tailbone and continue to get used to the length here. :) If I still don't like it the second time around, then tailbone might be my forever home!

bigmama8
November 5th, 2009, 04:18 PM

Past tailbone is an odd stage for me too. It is always getting caught on things, etc. My dog (a MinPin) keeps getting tangled up in it when she tries to sit behind me in my computer chair. One night my DH had to untangle her because I couldn't reach back far enough to do it. I usually keep mine braided or a low ponytail. Guess I really need to learn some updo's. I've been practicing but so far I'm not doing very good at getting them to stay.

bigmama8
November 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Well, I trimmed a bit off of mine - maybe 1.5" or 2." The last couple of inches were starting to get annoying to me, both because of how long they were and all of my layers. I'm hoping to reach classic with way less layers. This'll also give me a chance to spend a little longer near tailbone and continue to get used to the length here. :) If I still don't like it the second time around, then tailbone might be my forever home!
I just checked your album to see your new pictures since your trim. Your hair looks great! I'm still patiently waiting on mine to get a few more inches until I trim. This length is really annoying me because my hair keeps sticking to my butt. I'm hoping it'll stop doing that if it's a few inches longer. I would dearly love to have a nice thick hemline like yours but I know I'd have to go through this annoying stage all over again if I trim now.

WritingPrincess
November 11th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I measured yesterday and I'm at 42"! Which means that, according to previously taken measurements, I am at classic. However, I still have a half-inch to go, so I ought to be there by December. :happydance: w00t!

Quixii
November 11th, 2009, 10:04 AM
So, a question for people of this length: what length did you have to start moving it to go to the bathroom? :o I thought I would be about there, since I have to move my hair to pull up my pants and it just about touches the floor when I sit in the shower, but it doesn't seem to quite be there. Probably helps that it curls up out of the way, though. xD

Kiraela
November 11th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I was about an inch past TB or so before I really noticed it bothering me, since it was starting to brush on the toilet seat behind me (and I Know who uses this toilet, and what their hygiene habits are!).

And hey, only a year and I'll be back there again (I hope!).

vdhendrix
November 13th, 2009, 06:55 PM
i am also just slightly past tailbone, how long did it take any of you at classic to grow from tailbone to classic? and how often did you trim?

Coriander
November 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I measured yesterday and I'm at 42"! Which means that, according to previously taken measurements, I am at classic. However, I still have a half-inch to go, so I ought to be there by December. :happydance: w00t!

:cheer: WritingPrincess that's SO EXCITING!!!!!!!

SurprisingWoman
November 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I can feel my hair brushing the toilet seat at times, and like Kiraela I know my toilets hygiene habits. ;)

I haven't been in public yet but if I were to go with my hair down I would TOTALLY move my hair around my shoulder or neck to keep the ends clean.

This is the first time I watch my hair on a fairly regular basis looking for growth. I REALLY want classic!

BranwenWolf
November 13th, 2009, 11:55 PM
The person sitting next to me always gets my hair stuck under their elbow in the lecture halls.
I'd say there's about 3 inches that goes past my tailbone.
For toilets- I just got used to doing that when I was younger so I don't really notice. I put it in a ponytail and don't pull the hair all the way through for the last loop so that my hair is halfway up... nice and quick for bathrooms and putting it under my coat.

Vanya
November 14th, 2009, 12:58 AM
i am also just slightly past tailbone, how long did it take any of you at classic to grow from tailbone to classic? and how often did you trim?
I still have 1.4 in (4 cm) to go until classic, so I might not be the most qualified person to answer, but meh. I reached tailbone February 2009. I've trimmed 3 times in the meanwhile, but I intend to have another microtrim in December. I dearly hope to reach classic by the beginning of February. :pray:

Amara
November 14th, 2009, 10:23 AM
I just checked your album to see your new pictures since your trim. Your hair looks great!

Aw, thanks!!!

Oh my gosh, how exciting!!! You're almost there!!!!!!!!

So, a question for people of this length: what length did you have to start moving it to go to the bathroom? :o I thought I would be about there, since I have to move my hair to pull up my pants and it just about touches the floor when I sit in the shower, but it doesn't seem to quite be there. Probably helps that it curls up out of the way, though. xD

I started doing that around 37" or 38", which is just an inch above tailbone for me. But I would NEVER let me ends brush even my own freshly disinfected toilet seat, so I think I probably jumped the gun on that one. :D (I have an anxiety disorder about germs :) )

I dearly hope to reach classic by the beginning of February. :pray:

You're almost there, too! How exciting you guys! I'll reach classic vicariously with you all through the year and that'll keep me going until I actually get to classic next fall or so. :D

Indigo Girl
November 14th, 2009, 07:31 PM
But I would NEVER let me ends brush even my own freshly disinfected toilet seat, so I think I probably jumped the gun on that one. :D (I have an anxiety disorder about germs :) )

Lol I know what you mean, Amara! I wouldn't let my hair brush my own toilet seat either, and I'm the only one who uses it!

Coriander
November 14th, 2009, 10:02 PM
My hair more often than not ends up brushing over the kitchen counter when I'm in there and have it in a braid... so I'm really careful when I'm in the bathroom LOL

longinthehair
November 22nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Know what I'm finding now as I'm in between tailbone and classic is that when I wear my hair down, it does not tangle like it used to..have just noticed this over the past couple of months. I think it's heading into "swing" territory, so doesn't catch up like it did just before tailbone, etc!
This is a real breakthrough and promises to let me wear it down more often - how exciting! Nice reward for persevering, don't you think? (Especially to a 'fine-haired one.')

Is anyone else here in this category finding a difference in "down wearability"?

Isa-belle
November 22nd, 2009, 06:50 AM
Funny you should mention this longinthehair! I've been feeling more comfortable with letting my hair down for longer periods of time. I spent a whole day at a rehearsal with my hair down last week, which is something I had entirely stopped doing for over a year (in public, I mean). For some reason my hair lies better at this length than at hip length.

I've also officially reached the awkward bathroom stage. LOL. Only on a hair forum would you actually consider this as a milestone to celebrate ;)

Gabriel
November 22nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
I'm another inch nearer classic and still really enjoying this length too. I really didn't like it down (loose) from about APL to waist but since a little longer than tailbone I've been content when it's down.

Qamar
December 5th, 2009, 03:38 PM
A warm hello to you all. :)

I'm a newcomer to this thread since I just reached tailbone about a month ago. I'm aiming for another foot of hair which I figure will take around two years. Tailbone for me is 34 inches and I'm a more solid tailbone at 34.75 inches now. Hopefully a year will take me to classic, but I have a generous bootay for it to grow over so we'll see when the time comes if around six more inches will do the trick. Meanwhile, I'm excited to be here at last!

Isa-belle
December 9th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Welcome to this thread, Qamar :flower:

I am so enjoying this length. For some reason my buns have been looking much more massive lately... This has definitely been my favourite length to experience so far.

HildeMV
December 9th, 2009, 08:27 AM
*looks around*

Ah, soon It'll be time for me to come to this thread.

My hair is at "so can I call this tailbone" length when wet :p

Sara Smile
December 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM
While I've been reading this form for awhile, this is my first post. My hair is at 37", a bit below the top of my tailbone, and I don't know what to do. It's very thin for about the last 6". I don't want to cut all of that off.

If I maintain at tailbone for a while, maybe it will thicken and grow in. But I'd like to try classic length, too. However, if my hair is as thin at classic as it is at tailbone, I won't be happy with it. I've been putting off a trim while I try to decide what to do, and it's been getting longer. I've pretty much decided for a small trim in January, and then I'll have to decide between maintaining at tailbone or going to classic. Decisions, decisions.

Qamar
December 9th, 2009, 09:58 AM
My ends are thin too Sara. I trim about 1/4 inch every 3 months to help keep the ends healthy as I gain length but when I hit 40 inches I'll take off an inch to start thickening my hemline. Eventually I'll maintain at 46 inches and trim to stay there while my silver grows in and my length thickens. Once I get my thyroid out I bet that will do wonders for restoring my hair.

Amara
December 28th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the new posters in this thread! And how is everyone doing?

I had a trim in October and I'm back to where I was, approximately, before it - 39." 38" is tailbone so I'm just a hair (haha) past that. I've got a plan (see my siggy) and I'm determined to keep my hair healthy and reach classic in 2010!

Coriander
December 28th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Plans:

Get a trim (for the first time in centuries) in February, according to the Lunar Method (https://morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-chart). It's time. Really. I am only planning on an inch or two depending on where my official length is in February. :)

I also plan on actually doing a deep conditioning treatment once a week on the bottom third of my hair, with a full treatment once a month.

Mega-Tek is sitting sad and unused in my cabinet. Must use.

I need to wear it up completely more instead of in a braid hanging down my back. It's amazing how damaged it gets dragging around over clothing. Now that I have a billion more hairsticks and Ficcares, I'll have the opportunity. :D

I also need to actually comb my hair. When I wear it up days in a row I tend to just re-do the style instead of combing it. When I go to comb it out, there's a billion tangles. Bad Coriander, bad.

Can't wait to be at Classic in 2010! :D

HildeMV
December 28th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I haven't cut it since February, which is when I started being active here. So I think I will cut it in February. It's going to be interesting to see what one year of growth is! :)

DanielleRenae
December 28th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Well, I just trimmed half an inch off about three weeks ago. I think I've got about 5 1/2 inches to go, so based on my current growth rate I should hit classic right before 2011.

Saldana
December 28th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Joining in here.....I *just* reached the top end of tailbone on me at 35". I'm still trying to figure out what updos will work for me at this point....thank goodness, I got TWO ficcares for Christmas, the extra-large ones! My medium sized one was just about to give up in despair.

I do a microtrim every 3 months or so, but other than that, it''s nearly 3 feet of straight, non-virgin hair (yep, still fighting those greys).

Katrina
December 29th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Hi all! I'm a newcomer to this thread. I'm at solid tailbone (37,4" / 95 cm long) at the moment. I'm enjoying this length more than any other length, because my hair finally feels long and I can still wear it down if I want.

Here starts my journey to classic :). Classic for me is 43" / 110 cm and I estimate to reach it in a year or 18 months. The latter is more realistic, I guess, because I trim a little every 6-8 weeks.

hennaphile
December 29th, 2009, 07:46 AM
sooooooo cloooooose......

Amara
December 29th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I also need to actually comb my hair. When I wear it up days in a row I tend to just re-do the style instead of combing it. When I go to comb it out, there's a billion tangles. Bad Coriander, bad.

Oooh, I do that too. Only occasionally, but sometimes it stays tangle free. Then when it doesn't, it's an evil surprise.

I haven't cut it since February, which is when I started being active here. So I think I will cut it in February. It's going to be interesting to see what one year of growth is! :)

I hope you're pleased with the result!

Welcome Saldana and Katrina!

sooooooo cloooooose......

How close!? You must be another 2010-er... are you going to make in a month or two? Next week? LOL

I'm going to hit classic in December 2010. It'll be right before the New Year. That's if my growth rate stays constant (which it has for 3 years, but still, if I'm nearing terminal - which I don't see evidence of, but who knows - it might slow down and I'll have to wait longer. We'll see!

wendyg
December 29th, 2009, 10:27 AM
How many hairs have to be tailbone length to qualify for this thread? I have two. :)

wg

mimi1153
December 29th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I do believe that I officially qualify for this thread now - - finally!!! I measure in at exactly 37" (which for short people like me - - is just a teeny past tailbone). :cheese: I really, really want to be classic ssooooo much!!! Patience Mimi, patience!! :rolleyes:

Kiraela
December 29th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Congrats, Mimi!!!!

spidermom
December 29th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I'm so tired of waiting. I thought I would reach classic length in 2009, but it didn't happen. In fact, I feel like my hair has been this same length for the entire past year. Well, actually, it hasn't, but it hasn't grown very much! I've had to trim quite a bit, too, or felt that I did because of the abundance of split ends that I was seeing and the tangles I was fighting. I finally broke down and bought my favorite coney serum to help with the tangling problem, which it does, and I've resolved not to study my ends looking for splits and then be driven in horror back to the stylist, so maybe I'll reach classic length in 2010.

But maybe not :(

Amara
December 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM
How many hairs have to be tailbone length to qualify for this thread? I have two. :)

You're in! :D

I do believe that I officially qualify for this thread now - - finally!!! I measure in at exactly 37" (which for short people like me - - is just a teeny past tailbone). :cheese: I really, really want to be classic ssooooo much!!! Patience Mimi, patience!! :rolleyes:

Haha! Me too... it'll be so exciting!

I'm so tired of waiting. I thought I would reach classic length in 2009, but it didn't happen. In fact, I feel like my hair has been this same length for the entire past year. Well, actually, it hasn't, but it hasn't grown very much! I've had to trim quite a bit, too, or felt that I did because of the abundance of split ends that I was seeing and the tangles I was fighting. I finally broke down and bought my favorite coney serum to help with the tangling problem, which it does, and I've resolved not to study my ends looking for splits and then be driven in horror back to the stylist, so maybe I'll reach classic length in 2010.

But maybe not :(

I'm in your boat! I've been around here forEVER... I keep trimming and S&Ding and then trimming more... I'm hoping making a trimming schedule like I did for 2010 will help with that - and if I stick to it, I may get there in 2010, like you. Let's cross our fingers for ourselves!

spidermom
December 30th, 2009, 08:28 AM
AND for each other, Amara.

pinkbunny
December 31st, 2009, 11:18 AM
It's possible I may outgrow this thread in early 2010! Wet-combed, my longest hair is at knee - but after air-drying & braidwaving/bun-curling it is finally creeping up on classic!!! (it was around TB several months ago) I wish I could stick to some kind of measuring schedule, I'm curious to know my exact growing speed. Maybe I could estimate if I take enough progress pics?

Anyway, today I will get a New Year's Eve dusting, so I can start 2010 with a prettier hemline! :D

Coriander
December 31st, 2009, 12:13 PM
Pink Bunny, I just have to mention how much I love your siggy drawing. :D

Welcome to the thread, mimi!! :)

Amara
December 31st, 2009, 01:41 PM
AND for each other, Amara.

Ah the English language. I think that's what I was thinking. You and I keep our fingers crossed for you and I. Not mine for me and you for yours... now I'm confusing myself... LOL

It's possible I may outgrow this thread in early 2010! Wet-combed, my longest hair is at knee - but after air-drying & braidwaving/bun-curling it is finally creeping up on classic!!! (it was around TB several months ago) I wish I could stick to some kind of measuring schedule, I'm curious to know my exact growing speed.

I don't measure very regularly, I just do when I feel like it and then average it out over the course of a year, to get my average growing speed.

Coriander
December 31st, 2009, 03:09 PM
Ah the English language. I think that's what I was thinking. You and I keep our fingers crossed for you and I. Not mine for me and you for yours... now I'm confusing myself... LOL

You ladies just let us know if you need help untangling yourselves. ;)

spidermom
December 31st, 2009, 04:20 PM
It's hopeless Coriander, I'm entangled something awful!

gmdiaz
January 1st, 2010, 10:48 AM
I am still not there yet. . .*grrrrr*. . .but I am close, so close. Today, I am at 41-1/4".

Starting to see a lot more tangles and split ends, so I've been trimming the bare minimum, usually 1/8" to 1/4" for the last couple of months.

I am sooo disappointed to see that I've shed a lot of thickness from about waist down. I am on track now and know what to do but I think I caused damage by too much oiling and pulling my hair up into too many updos in a day. lol I am now much much more gentle and am wearing my hair down most of the time, braiding at night.

I think my hair will thicken back up and be more evenly thick all the way down without so much taper but it's going to take a year or two.

Curses

Amara
January 1st, 2010, 10:56 AM
It's hopeless Coriander, I'm entangled something awful!

I'm fangled and entangled!

I am sooo disappointed to see that I've shed a lot of thickness from about waist down. I am on track now and know what to do but I think I caused damage by too much oiling and pulling my hair up into too many updos in a day. lol I am now much much more gentle and am wearing my hair down most of the time, braiding at night.

I think my hair will thicken back up and be more evenly thick all the way down without so much taper but it's going to take a year or two.

Curses

I'm glad you've figured out what works best for you!!!!

Gabriel
January 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
I'll be here for a little while longer. I trimmed off two inches (that really needed to go) and got long layers cut in and some fringe.

I was driving by a salon and impulsively decided to stop in and I am glad I did! The Cosmetologist who cut my hair was so sweet and understood about me wanting to keep my hair long because I am growing it out.

Being so short waisted :rolleyes: I'm still past tailbone even at 35".

Coriander
January 2nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3541&pictureid=58918

I took that a couple of days ago. The pink stripe on my jammie bottoms is Classic. Getting. So. Close... Anytime now. :lol:

Darned long butt syndrome.

WritingPrincess
January 2nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
About two weeks ago (no, I haven't been on since the 15th), I whacked off an inch or so: (blog post) (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=60378). I really don't miss any of it, and would have taken off another two inches, except that I hadn't planned to do more than an inch. I realized recently that I'm content with my length and really don't care much about knee length anymore. It feels odd, but I have other obsessions right now, and I may keep growing as I planned out so neatly two months ago, or I might just whack it all off and go back to waist length. I've thought about it a bit, but I'm not quite ready for that yet. Maybe. I would like to reach knee at some point in my life. I don't know right now . . .

DanielleRenae
January 2nd, 2010, 06:16 PM

I took that a couple of days ago. The pink stripe on my jammie bottoms is Classic. Getting. So. Close... Anytime now. :lol:

This makes me wish I had PJs with horizontal butt stripes :(

Amara
January 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM

I thought the same thing. LOL

CaityBear
January 2nd, 2010, 06:46 PM
That's me finally! Not sure about measurements because I haven't measured in a couple months. But I have...3-5 inches maybe? I can't wait to get to classic. It's exciting. lol

Amara
January 2nd, 2010, 07:07 PM

That's me finally! Not sure about measurements because I haven't measured in a couple months. But I have...3-5 inches maybe? I can't wait to get to classic. It's exciting. lol

Welcome CaityBear!!!

Coriander
January 2nd, 2010, 07:33 PM

Finally! Horizontal stripes are a good thing! :rollin:

Welcome! :flowers:

Isa-belle
January 3rd, 2010, 04:00 AM

Awesome hair Coriander:cheese: I want the same :D
My hair is mid-butt at the moment, I didn't get a lot of growth in December (probably because I was sick for most of it :hmm: ).

Here's to all of us reaching classic in 2010 :bottomsup:

Adeye
January 3rd, 2010, 06:50 AM
Love this thread!!

My hair is about .5 inch shy of classic right now, though I just got 6 inches cut off a few weeks ago. I really love it this long, but it is much more difficult for me to wear down. I almost always wear it up now. I suspect that will continue to be the case as it gets even longer.

I'm 29 and I'm starting to get comments from my friends and family about how I'm reaching a "certain" age where I should cut off my hair. Does anyone else hear comments like these? Maybe I'm just contrary and ornery, but it actually makes me want to keep my hair long, even when I sit on it and it irks me!

DakarNick
January 3rd, 2010, 08:46 AM
I'm 29 and I'm starting to get comments from my friends and family about how I'm reaching a "certain" age where I should cut off my hair. Does anyone else hear comments like these? Maybe I'm just contrary and ornery, but it actually makes me want to keep my hair long, even when I sit on it and it irks me!

I think those comments are BS. Long hair is beautiful at ANY age. I can see where people may think it should be cut if it's scraggly and not taken care of, but then it is still not their hair. I would ignore them. Maybe they are conventional, maybe they are jealous?

embee
January 3rd, 2010, 09:38 AM
Gah. They just want you to be like them, instead of like yourself, and don't understand why you won't follow the herd.

I did cut my hair when I had my second child and thought that long hair was too young for me plus it got in the way. What a mistake. When I look at pictures from that time the short hair was *terrible*. Sigh. My *husband's* hair was longer than mine. Bummer. :(

spidermom
January 3rd, 2010, 09:49 AM
Coriander, your hair looks so beautiful and glossy, and I like the striped pajamas.

pinkbunny
January 3rd, 2010, 12:14 PM

No one has actually said I'm too old for long hair, but anytime the subject of age and hair length has come up I make sure to make my feelings known - most people who whack off all their hair just make themselves look even older than they are!

I ran into a girl I knew years ago, she'd had gorgeous curly BSL hair, but I hardly recognized her when I saw her again in a bob - she looked older than me but is actually much younger! My stepdaughter (who is 6 yrs younger than me - yes I married an older man) also shaved her head at one time, and when she had about 1-2 inches of growth we went to a dance workshop and a friend of mine commented that she looked older than me...

spidermom
January 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
I'm so excited! I noticed for the first time yesterday in the shower that my hair completely covers my hiney when the water is streaming through it. It still waves up to about 3 inches shorter than classic when it's dry, though.

Qamar
January 3rd, 2010, 06:45 PM
It'll take a LONG time for my hair to grow enough to cover my behind. I have a most generous caboose.

Quixii
January 3rd, 2010, 06:49 PM
I'm wondering if damage from leaving it mostly down is finally preventing further growth. I mean, I always leave it in a ponytail, which I thought was nice and wasn't really causing that much damage that I had to worry about it. But it hasn't grown the last two months, at least according to my measurements or just feeling how close it is to classic (about an inch away when in the shower)

spidermom
January 3rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
I'm wondering if damage from leaving it mostly down is finally preventing further growth. I mean, I always leave it in a ponytail, which I thought was nice and wasn't really causing that much damage that I had to worry about it. But it hasn't grown the last two months, at least according to my measurements or just feeling how close it is to classic (about an inch away when in the shower)

Blame lack of significant growth on winter. That's what I'm doing.

Quixii
January 3rd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Blame lack of significant growth on winter. That's what I'm doing.
I hope so. :D

DanielleRenae
January 3rd, 2010, 09:00 PM
It'll take a LONG time for my hair to grow enough to cover my behind. I have a most generous caboose.

Finally, my Butt-Deficit Disorder will prove to be advantageous.:cheese:

Coriander
January 3rd, 2010, 09:53 PM
Awesome hair Coriander:cheese: I want the same :D
My hair is mid-butt at the moment, I didn't get a lot of growth in December (probably because I was sick for most of it :hmm: ).

Here's to all of us reaching classic in 2010 :bottomsup:
Cheers, Isa-belle :D. Stress or illness causes my hair to slow down, too.

Coriander, your hair looks so beautiful and glossy, and I like the striped pajamas.

Thanks spidermom, I'm so excited to hear that you're so close to Classic too! I love my jammies, and the added bonus of horizontal butt stripes is awesome. ;)

I am still laughing at this...

Qamar
January 3rd, 2010, 10:45 PM

Woulds't thou like a butt transplant m'lady? Guaranteed to cure Butt-Deficit Disorder in
no time at all. :)

(Waggling my donor site in anticipation)

Coriander
January 3rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
Hold on a sec, Qamar... I think we could take up a collective donation. :p I have some excess I'd be happy to rid myself of.

Kind of a sick thought for a donation jar. :lol:

DanielleRenae
January 4th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Woulds't thou like a butt transplant m'lady? Guaranteed to cure Butt-Deficit Disorder in
no time at all. :)

(Waggling my donor site in anticipation)

Hold on a sec, Qamar... I think we could take up a collective donation. :p I have some excess I'd be happy to rid myself of.

Kind of a sick thought for a donation jar. :lol:

It's a sweet (and yes, sick) thought, but I don't need your charity :o

*backs away nervously*

Qamar
January 4th, 2010, 10:59 AM
It's a sweet (and yes, sick) thought, but I don't need your charity :o

*backs away nervously*

Awww. Now my butt is sad.

Adeye
January 7th, 2010, 08:16 PM
LOL! I love that my hair covers my butt when it's down! Butt shield hair is a definite plus!

Thanks for all of your supportive comments about my age and long hair. Regardless of whatever "helpful advice" I receive from my friends, I'm happy with my hair and I know that's all that matters. But still, it helps to get support from some fellow longhairs sometimes. :)

I had pretty good growth in December, about 3 inches. I think my hair grows faster now that I wear it in a bun 6 days a week. (I have to do that because I'm such a goofball that I still forget and sit on it when it's down!) Right at first, I didn't notice a growth difference from wearing it in buns so often, but I kind of created a new way of doing the bun and I hardly get any breakage or other damage now.

Isa-belle
January 8th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Wow- 3 inches in a months? That's like, 7.5 cm :shocked: I didn't know that was even possible!

hennaphile
January 8th, 2010, 06:37 AM
I think I might be there!

Also, I wish I could do a fat transfusion to my hair, but since I can't, anyone want some curves? :laugh:

spidermom
January 8th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I think I'm going to have to cut back to above tailbone and take a run at this again. My ends are pretty much disintegrating! I think I need to wear it up more. I've gotten lazy about putting it up in recent months.

kmoc123
January 8th, 2010, 09:35 AM
My hair is to the top o' the crack...I was stuck at 35 inches forever, but I finally made 36. i am using the monistat treatment and hope to attain classic within the next year.

Alcenaia
January 8th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I think this may be the place for me. ^_^

I'm at 36". Onwards!

Coriander
January 8th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Yay!!! New members! :D

Spidermom, do what you need to do. You know we'll always be here :flower:
I LOVE your new siggy :D

pinkbunny
January 9th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I spotted a TB longhair the other day! I'm also amazed at how many WL's I've seen lately... I've taken to people-watching when work is slow lol.

Alcenaia
January 9th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Yay I am welcomed. :D

I have the impression my hair has been growing super slow lately. Hopefully what I learn here can help me take even better care of it. There's so much helpful info here!

sweetestday
January 9th, 2010, 09:01 PM
It's so strange... I feel like my hair is so much longer all the time and growing, but whenever I measure it, it is staying around 38- 38 1/2 inches. Funny how it sure feels like it's growing. :/

Isa-belle
January 10th, 2010, 05:47 AM
It's so strange... I feel like my hair is so much longer all the time and growing, but whenever I measure it, it is staying around 38- 38 1/2 inches. Funny how it sure feels like it's growing. :/I've been experiencing the same thing here :justy:
Mid-bum sure is an elusive length, you don't quite know what to make of it ;)

spidermom
January 10th, 2010, 10:50 AM
It's so strange... I feel like my hair is so much longer all the time and growing, but whenever I measure it, it is staying around 38- 38 1/2 inches. Funny how it sure feels like it's growing. :/

My guess is that you're seeing the length of your shorter, newer hairs increase. I get the same thing: I just know that my hair is growing, but the longest length measures the same.

longinthehair
January 10th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I'm getting this phenomenon too.

sweetestday
January 10th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Well, I'm glad it's not just me. :)

spidermom
January 10th, 2010, 12:27 PM
O.k., so this is the plan. I'm going to get my usual small trim (no more than 1-inch). I am going to stop combing it while it's wet. I think I may be stretching my hair when I do that, making it weaker. Plus it looks it's best 2C-ness if I completely leave it alone and let it dry all clumpy.

That's my 2010 "classic length this year" resolution.

longinthehair
January 10th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I should probably micro-trim myself.
But as for leaving it to comb 'til it dries, I don't think that would work for me. I think in my twenties I used to do that..and that's why it went no longer than between BSL and waist..I think I used to get a lot of breakage of hairs combing out dry after a wash..mind you, back then I can remember preferring to do that because it would end up being fluffier with more volume after drying and combing (a time before mousses - hah).

wendyg
January 10th, 2010, 07:10 PM
longinthehair: I find I need the slip the hair being wet gives me to comb it out. I wouldn't dare leave it to dry uncombed.

wg

krn2891
January 10th, 2010, 09:10 PM
So I am still at the top of tailbone, but it was weird I have been having short days here recently. I feel like my hair is geting shorter yet I know it not. I told one of my non long hair friends about having a short day and she looked at me like I was crazy.

Coriander
January 10th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I know all about short days! Today I was combing my hair and I had a crazy second where I thought it was at hip length again. :lol:

Alcenaia
January 11th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I feel like my hair is short sometimes too...and then when I look in the mirror it's a surprise, lol.

My roommate's hair is barely an inch long and thus we are total hair opposites. krn2891, I have seen that same crazy look before. :)

Isa-belle
January 11th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I know all about short days! Today I was combing my hair and I had a crazy second where I thought it was at hip length again. :lol:
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Happens to me all the time at the moment :(

Qamar
January 11th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I have very thin ends from S&Ding and while camping this weekend in Arizona decided that I rather desperately needed a trim. Needless to say, I whacked off 1/2 inch to eliminate a bunch of splits while removing as little hair as possible. Its been about five months since my last trim so I figured I could spare it. I told Les what I had done and he started teasing me about whacking off again. *lmao*

My hair felt super dry from the time in the desert so after I rinsed out the five pounds of dust that had blown into it on the weekend I got to treat it with my Argan oil that just arrived from Montreal. My hair is quite happy at the moment and I really don't miss that half inch. I may have to do 1/4 inch trims for a bit so that I still gain length but thicken up my hemline over time.

Boudicca
January 11th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi since I think I'm now classic! I didn't realise until I took a picture of my hair and saw how long it was!

pinkbunny
January 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi since I think I'm now classic! I didn't realise until I took a picture of my hair and saw how long it was!

Isn't it awesome to "suddenly" realize your hair is longer? lol

spidermom
January 12th, 2010, 10:37 AM
longinthehair: I find I need the slip the hair being wet gives me to comb it out. I wouldn't dare leave it to dry uncombed.

wg

I thought the same thing, but I'm very much aware of my hair stretching if I hit a little snag while wet these days. At least I won't be stretching and weakening it by waiting until it's dry. I will have to comb out very carefully, though, and then probably re-wet the ends to get rid of the "scrunched" look of drying in a tangle.

krn2891
January 12th, 2010, 08:29 PM
I feel like my hair is short sometimes too...and then when I look in the mirror it's a surprise, lol.

My roommate's hair is barely an inch long and thus we are total hair opposites. krn2891, I have seen that same crazy look before. :)
Well this friend of mine who could not understand how I could have short days recently chopped off 16 inches of hair to give to Locks of Love (gerr) and now I have been getting the comments of maybe I should think about that as well.

Of course I'm thinking I'm 7 or so inches from goal length do you really think I'm going to chop of at least 10 inches at the moment. And even if I was I would never give it to locks of love.

Alcenaia
January 12th, 2010, 09:10 PM
16 inches? Whoa! D: I get the Locks of Love thing all the time and it is indeed awkward.

7 inches is getting close! Grow grow grow! :cheer:

If classic is 45 inches, I have 9 to go. Trying to stay in updos a lot more often to keep my tresses safe.

Spidermom, those braids are impressive. :)

spidermom
January 13th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Thank you Alcenaia. I wish I could leave it braided longer because a style like that takes about 2 hours to do, but I get a fluffy halo after sleeping on braids.

Classic length falls at a different measurement for different people. I'll be there at about 41 or 42 inches in length.

krn2891
January 13th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Yes she had beautiful waist length hair. I used to practice braids on her before I would work on them on myself. Her hair is what helped me figure out the 9 strand french braid. But oh well her hair is very cute in her almost shoulder length style. But I just don't know how many different ways to say that I will not be cutting my hair anytime in the near future.

When I get to classic, hopefully by the end of this year then I can take a look at my hair and how I feel about it and may cut back to hip as that is the last length I really enjoyed. But as my goal has always been classic I see no reason even if this length is somewhat annoying to me.

In2JC724
January 13th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Ok here's a question.. I've tried looking around LHC, and also google, and there seems to be many different thoughts on this... where exactly is tailbone? Is it the top of the... um... vertical smile? Or at the actual location of the coccyx? Which is probably a good five inches lower from what I can tell.. ??? I'm curious.

krn2891
January 14th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I I consider tb the top of my vertical smile. Since I have a rather generous back side I'm not sure where my actual tb is so that make it much easier for me to judge.

spidermom
January 14th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I didn't feel that my hair was tailbone length until it was about 1/3 of the way down the hiney.

Boudicca
January 14th, 2010, 10:11 AM
Isn't it awesome to "suddenly" realize your hair is longer? lol

It is! I had no idea my hair would grow this long! And it's been entirely accidental; I was really only aiming to improve the thickness!

krn2891
January 14th, 2010, 11:04 AM
So I had one of those moments today where I realized just how long my hair is getting. I have been house sitting for the last week in this huge house. Well anyways the master bathroom has 3 way mirrors and I was standing in there figuring out what to do with my hair for work today when I noticed I could see my back in one of the other mirrors. And of course since I wasn't not trying to see my back I was in a natural posture so I could see where it hit when I'm just standing there. I have decided that I tend to over copensate when I am looking in a hand mirror to see how long my hair is by tilting my head down because I don't want to trick my self my leaning my head back. So I have been making my hair look shorter by tilting my head forward instead of it just being straight on. No wonder it never seemed to be getting any longer.

Amara
January 14th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Hello to all the new peoples on this thread!!! :) It's fun to be growing with all of you...

Whaaaaaaat!? I don't think those comments make sense at ANY age but especially 29!?!?!?! (that's how old I am too!)

I am just past tailbone, and I've been here FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Chugging along as always I suppose. I'm going to do a small trim in Feb, but I'm still trying to get to classic in 2010... :)

spidermom
January 14th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Not one mouth has opened in my presence to opine I should cut my hair because of my age. My father did once say that my hair looked like a big mess and would be so pretty cut into a shorter style.

Alcenaia
January 15th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I have heard people advocate keeping hair short for convenience, but never because of age. Weird. Then again, having short hair doesn't necessarily mean it is more convenient. Maybe it takes less time/shampoo/conditioner/product of choice to wash it...but maybe it requires a huge amount of styling.

Everyone here is so welcoming. :)

Yesterday, I managed to do an English braid at the nape of my neck that didn't look awful. Yay for a new style! :)

Dreah
January 16th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Classic has been my goal for awhile now. I'm juuuuust shy of it now, maybe another inch or half inch to go. Lately though, I've been so frustrated with my hair, that I've been considering a fairly large chop. :cry: I just can't seem to do anything with it when it's not wet, I'm shedding like crazy and it seems like I'm losing circumference, and now I can't even go a day without washing without it looking super greasy. :mad:

I'm at my wit's end! I've been considering cutting back to BSL for awhile now... if I do that I'll try to go dye-free and maybe gain back some of my old thickness. I miss it. :( But I love having dark red hair... The upkeep just really sucks. I'd go with henna, but I'm not a big fan of the coppery tones on myself.

Bah, sorry. I guess this is a bit of a rant!

Alcenaia
January 16th, 2010, 09:27 PM
Dreah, I hope you and your hair grow to like each other again! :(

(I fail at measuring the LHC style, so I have changed my current length number to reflect how long my hair is according to the LHC way. :p )

HildeMV
January 17th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Currently I am debating cutting it a little to get rid of ends. The thing is, they are not even split or broken or anything. They are just coarser and all floofy. It would be sad to part with the fairytale ends I start to see coming though. :(

meichigo
January 17th, 2010, 02:35 AM
I only realized recently that my hair is longer than TB now. The ends touch my bed when I sit down on it (this presumably happens with other surfaces as well). It's kind of exciting. I've had long hair for essentially my whole life, but I don't think it's ever been quite this long before.

Qamar
January 17th, 2010, 10:44 AM
I only realized recently that my hair is longer than TB now. The ends touch my bed when I sit down on it (this presumably happens with other surfaces as well). It's kind of exciting. I've had long hair for essentially my whole life, but I don't think it's ever been quite this long before.

I can't wait to get to that point. Mine just sits at the top of my vertical smile, and since I trimmed a half inch a week ago, its not going to pass that point for a bit yet.

Johanna
January 17th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I'm just now entering into tbl. It's so very exciting for me. The length I'm at now is my original goal length, but I'm changing that to classic now :D My aim is to get it to classic and to maintain until i can grow out my dye.
My hair is getting to a length now where I can't really have my hair down all the time. I actualy need to put it up otherwise it gets everywhere and catches on things.

I can't wait to sit on it! :D

Amara
January 18th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Classic has been my goal for awhile now. I'm juuuuust shy of it now, maybe another inch or half inch to go. Lately though, I've been so frustrated with my hair, that I've been considering a fairly large chop. :cry: <snip> Bah, sorry. I guess this is a bit of a rant!

Aw, Dreah, I totally went through something similar in the fall. NOTHING WAS WORKING. I pushed on through it and made a few changes and now my hair and I are friends again. One thing that's working great for me at the moment is washing my hair twice a week, and here's how I do it.
I take a big cup and put a bunch of conditioner in it - enough to thoroughly coat my hair. Then I add 1/8 cup or so of honey, and a smidge of coconut oil (sometimes shea butter... doesn't seem to matter which). I plaster my head with it from scalp (I massage it into my scalp) to ends, put it up in a bun with a towel over it, and hang out for AT LEAST half an hour. Then I take my shower, and rinse rinse rinse. This makes my hair SO soft, shiny, and also it doesn't get greasy very fast (my scalp, with regular shampoo, gets greasy within a day or two). Just an idea for you to experiment with? :)

I'm just now entering into tbl. It's so very exciting for me. The length I'm at now is my original goal length, but I'm changing that to classic now :D My aim is to get it to classic and to maintain until i can grow out my dye.
My hair is getting to a length now where I can't really have my hair down all the time. I actualy need to put it up otherwise it gets everywhere and catches on things.

Congrats Johanna, on being so close to your goal!

Like somebody else said, my hair is touching the bed when I sit on the bed, but that's because beds are squooshy. When I'm sitting on a flat surface I still have a few inches to go. :)

Alcenaia
January 18th, 2010, 11:49 AM
HildeMV, the floofy ends thing happens to me too. I don't want to lose my fairytale ends though. Grr.

meichigo, I can't wait for my hair to touch whatever surface I'm sitting on. Yay for you making it there. :D

GuinevereMay
January 18th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Checking in since I just learned I'm at tailbone. I think I might actually be a bit longer since I have (at most) four inches to classic.

I never had a goal, I just really hate getting my hair cut. They never cut it the way I want it. Plus, it's just easier to put it up with a baby.

Dreah
January 19th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Aw, Dreah, I totally went through something similar in the fall. NOTHING WAS WORKING. I pushed on through it and made a few changes and now my hair and I are friends again. One thing that's working great for me at the moment is washing my hair twice a week, and here's how I do it.
I take a big cup and put a bunch of conditioner in it - enough to thoroughly coat my hair. Then I add 1/8 cup or so of honey, and a smidge of coconut oil (sometimes shea butter... doesn't seem to matter which). I plaster my head with it from scalp (I massage it into my scalp) to ends, put it up in a bun with a towel over it, and hang out for AT LEAST half an hour. Then I take my shower, and rinse rinse rinse. This makes my hair SO soft, shiny, and also it doesn't get greasy very fast (my scalp, with regular shampoo, gets greasy within a day or two). Just an idea for you to experiment with? :)

Thanks, Amara, I'll definitely try this and see if it works!

frodolaughs
January 25th, 2010, 10:34 AM
I think I'm juuuuust long enough to call myself TB length, and I do want to get to classic. (44" for me). 9 inches from tailbone to classic? I never realized my butt was so long! At an average growth rate with no trimming I'd be there in July 2011. I think it will be closer to February 2012 for me, so I'll be hanging out on this thread for quite some time. I'm currently on a quest to reduce my split ends and make peace with my oiling routine (I posted on another thread about problems with oiling collecting lint, which leads to tangles and breakage, defeating much of the point of oiling). I do love this length, though, and am enjoying having my hair longer than its ever been (I passed that marker at waist).

Johanna
January 26th, 2010, 09:56 PM
At the moment I'm living in one of the most humid places in Australia. If you step outside it makes you sweat instantly. My hair keeps getting stuck to my skin and even in my partners underarms. Makes me nearly go Hulk-smash crazy.
My hair is at the stage now where I need to put it up when I go out. I've pretty much let my hair go loose since I was about 12 so it's weird for me to have to put it up.

It's weird, I've never had my hair this long. It's tickling me in weird places o_O

GuinevereMay
January 26th, 2010, 10:03 PM
At the moment I'm living in one of the most humid places in Australia. If you step outside it makes you sweat instantly. My hair keeps getting stuck to my skin and even in my partners underarms. Makes me nearly go Hulk-smash crazy.
My hair is at the stage now where I need to put it up when I go out. I've pretty much let my hair go loose since I was about 12 so it's weird for me to have to put it up.

It's weird, I've never had my hair this long. It's tickling me in weird places o_O

Yeah, in the shower my hair catches in weird places. :ponder:

LadyVictoria
January 26th, 2010, 10:21 PM
I too am currently having a battle with my ends, we are not getting along very well. I want them to be soft, silky and shiny while they want to be dry and crunchy. I am almost out of my protein packed conditioner and will be switching to a protein-free one. I hope that it makes a difference. I also am having some difficulty with oiling which is pretty disappointing.

I must say, though, that it is so wonderful to find a place where so many men and women have the same passion for their hair as I do. Maybe I am more attached to mine than I should be, but my hair has always been "my thing" and I just love it.

GuinevereMay
January 26th, 2010, 11:31 PM
When my ends get crunchy or dry, I put coconut oil on them. I'm sure you already know that, but I figured I'd share my "secret."

BelleBot
January 27th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Ooo, I guess this is where I'd fit :waving:

I'm currently at tail bone length around 36" and I'd love to get to classic which will be about 42" on me. The longest I've been is mid bum length when I was 18, I'm slowly making my way back. Though my ends have suffered with the recent winter weather, no trimming and years of being attacked with dyes.

I've just started S&D to tidy up all the splits and cut off some of the damage, I'll trim it in february as it's not been trimmed in nearly 2 years. I seem to have been hovering around hip/tailbone length for ages.

I used to have bright pink hair, but now it's more of a natural colour I plan to look after it and focus on gaining length. Seems a bit boring at the moment as it's not super long or an eye catching colour. So wish me luck, hopefully I'll be at classic length soon, though my hair doesn't grow particularly fast. Maybe a goal for end of 2011?

Gabriel
January 28th, 2010, 09:03 AM
LadyVictoria if the coconut oil doesn't help I'd try clarifying and doing an apple cider vinegar rinse. I had crunchy ends a bit ago and that really solved it for me.

Katrina
January 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM

You are my goal twin :). My original goal was tailbone too. I reached it last year, but it didn't feel long enough. It must have something to do with all the gorgeous pics of classic length and longer hair that I see here :D

Anyways, I took a length pic yesterday and was surprised to see that my hair looks longer than I thought that it would... Obviously I don't have a very long butt :rolleyes:.

Those pyjama pants are the only light colored pants I have :o. I chose them so that the ends would be visible. By the way, my hair is not fairytaling. I have layers and sidehairs were cut shorter (many years ago) than the rest of it. I will grow layers out eventually.

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/pitkatukka/28012010_96cm_pieni.jpg

Isa-belle
February 5th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Beautiful hair, Katrina :applause You don't have that much more to go (grow? :p) before classic :thumbsup:

spidermom
February 5th, 2010, 09:58 AM
In spite of the fact that I really-truly wanted to get to classic this year, I had too many split ends/white dots and got a significant trim.
Before............................................ ..........after
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/before-1.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/after.jpg
So.........sigh..........I guess I'm back to being one year away from classic length, but I'm a lot happier with my ends. Now if I can just keep them in good condition.

SurprisingWoman
February 5th, 2010, 05:53 PM
There is some beautiful hair here.

Spidermom, your ends are sooo pretty.

I thought of trimming mine since sissors haven't touched my hair since October 2008 but I am going to wait and trim when I get to fingertip.

I do believe this is classic though....

Gabriel
February 7th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Oh my gosh! SurprisingWoman, you're hair is super pretty!

spidermom
February 7th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Pretty new sig pic, Surprising Woman.

pinkbunny
February 10th, 2010, 02:01 PM
SurprisingWoman - I love your hair color!!!

Amara
February 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM
surprisingwoman, you're hair is very pretty!

Spidermom, your ends look GREAT!

I did my february trim and now I'm back to growing... haven't measured in a while, though. When my hair is soaking wet it does feel like a tiny bit of progress has been made. :)

Melisande
February 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM
I guess that's where I am now. Tailbone - reached. Classic length - I wish I had it already!!! I didn't trim for a long time and I hope I won't have to. My ends are shabbier in real life than on pictures...

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/MataPics_2009/th_201001morgenlichtII.jpg (http://s983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/MataPics_2009/?action=view&current=201001morgenlichtII.jpg)

But hey, I only wanted to reach hip, and that's behind me. So I guess my ambitions grow with my hair :D

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/MataPics_2009/th_201001blitzlichtV.jpg (http://s983.photobucket.com/albums/ae311/MataPics_2009/?action=view&current=201001blitzlichtV.jpg)

(I should have put my hands in my non-existing waist to show proportions.... *facepalm*)