PDA

View Full Version : Tailbone | Classic

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

laceyfairy
December 15th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I still can't tell where I am in the tbl/cl abyss but it looks like my ends are around classic at least some of the time

Elfa
December 15th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Maybe there is some Christmas glitter magic fairy sprinkle floating around making all of our hair grow!!
Congratulations StellaKatherine!!
Congratulations brickworld!! (looking forward to picture!)
(and of course congrats to lapushka - I just always think of you because of the Classic before Christmas 2015 thread, which hey, maybe just maybe I may have made it)

Because, I think my hair might just be brushing it too!
It certainly isn't solid classic, but when stretched, it does technically hit that spot that I consider to be classic length!
I had been quite frustrated with my hair (and life in general :p) for the past month or so, and just had it all bunned up for most of the time. It kept tangling, I was shedding loads because yay November sheds so it is definitely thinner from my perspective (cue tumbleweeds of hair at home) and it wasn't really feeling or looking good. But yesterday I washed it nicely and properly with TLC, and today I decided to take a picture and saw that maybe I was nearly there.

And for the first time in a whole month, I think my hair looks really nice (to me anyway! :) )
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/tamalog/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151210_110824.jpg (http://s113.photobucket.com/user/tamalog/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151210_110824.jpg.html)

~sneaking in the thread~
Your hair is so beautiful! I love the waves on the ends *-*
How do you make those layers?

brickworld13
December 16th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Gah! :justy: I tried to get a selfie of the length and I have no idea what went wrong. Not only did the images not turn out but my ends are shorter. I don't know if my texture is changing or the extra poof from braid waves is causing trouble. But seriously, I lost like 2" to shrink. :(

Arctic
December 16th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Gah! :justy: I tried to get a selfie of the length and I have no idea what went wrong. Not only did the images not turn out but my ends are shorter. I don't know if my texture is changing or the extra poof from braid waves is causing trouble. But seriously, I lost like 2" to shrink. :(

Might also be your posture. I have proved in my blog that photos are not an accurate way of telling the length. A slight movement of my head - even though I try always stand in similar posture - makes no two pictures alike.

brickworld13
December 16th, 2015, 12:30 PM
Might also be your posture. I have proved in my blog that photos are not an accurate way of telling the length. A slight movement of my head - even though I try always stand in similar posture - makes no two pictures alike.

That's a good point, but I think it's more texture than that. I have pretty rock solid posture. I like being limber and yoga has taught me so much about how to hold my body so that everything works properly without pain.

Arctic
December 16th, 2015, 12:34 PM
That's a good point, but I think it's more texture than that. I have pretty rock solid posture. I like being limber and yoga has taught me so much about how to hold my body so that everything works properly without pain.

I hope my comment didn't come out like I'd imply you'd have a bad posture, I didn't mean it that way :flower: I am very bodily aware too, yet the photos don't lie - or do lie, however you want to put it - and if I take 4 photos, 2 seconds apart each, everyone looks different, even though I could swear I am in an exact same posture.

brickworld13
December 16th, 2015, 12:37 PM
I hope my comment didn't come out like I'd imply you'd have a bad posture, I didn't mean it that way :flower: I am very bodily aware too, yet the photos don't lie - or do lie, however you want to put it - and if I take 4 photos, 2 seconds apart each, everyone looks different, even though I could swear I am in an exact same posture.

Oh no. You didn't come across that way. :flower: A slight head tilt will definitely throw it all off or shoes vs no shoes and camera angle. It's all about the point of view. I learned a lot about distorting perspective with my interests in photography.

Arctic
December 16th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Photography is also my hobby :D One definitely does learn quite a bit about distortion that way! I am actually just making my yule card for this year, composing it from several of the photos I've taken, and then some scetching thrown in there too - the process needs some perspective manipulation and I am not sure how it will all end up! I expect to be up all night, I really want the card to be ready for tomorrow!

*tiptoes away from big boy thread into the APL thread*

CurlyCap
December 16th, 2015, 08:00 PM
I have been pondering more and more that in order to have a full head of hip/TBL curls, I will have to have knee-length hair. My hair is TBL/CL now and shirnks to bsl, occassionally to MBL.

Guh. That's a lot of hair.

JadedByEntropy
December 16th, 2015, 09:04 PM
I have been pondering more and more that in order to have a full head of hip/TBL curls, I will have to have knee-length hair. My hair is TBL/CL now and shirnks to bsl, occassionally to MBL.

Guh. That's a lot of hair.

Wow that is a lot of hair. It would be amazing though...already is!

heartgoesboom
December 16th, 2015, 10:34 PM
I finally got a picture! I believe this is probably the longest my hair has been in my life. I'm slowly getting there. I'd love a straighter hem line but I feel less crazy dealing with my hair when it's layered. But it doesn't look as majestic as some of your hair in this thread! But once I get to classic, I will probably maintain to get the hem line I want. Probably... I dunno if I would keep going....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/pineye/6A505BDA-B958-4A85-A427-4938EAC6930F_zpsldltslbz.jpg

StellaKatherine
December 17th, 2015, 06:46 AM
heartgoesboom, some hairs will never get in to a " majestic " state hehe. But can still look beautiful :D You have some gorgeous hair, Can't wait to see it getting longer and longer :flowers:

lapushka
December 17th, 2015, 08:38 AM
I finally got a picture! I believe this is probably the longest my hair has been in my life. I'm slowly getting there. I'd love a straighter hem line but I feel less crazy dealing with my hair when it's layered. But it doesn't look as majestic as some of your hair in this thread! But once I get to classic, I will probably maintain to get the hem line I want. Probably... I dunno if I would keep going....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/pineye/6A505BDA-B958-4A85-A427-4938EAC6930F_zpsldltslbz.jpg

Are you kidding?! That's a gorgeous V-hem! :D
Congrats on TBL!

Swan Maiden
December 17th, 2015, 08:41 AM
I agree with lapushka and StellaKatherine. Your hair is beautiful and so shiny! You are close to classic!

Vrindi
December 17th, 2015, 09:40 AM

I actually love the V-hemline. I think it's so beautiful. My hair is too fine to pull it off, or I'd have a v hem.

veryhairyfairy
December 17th, 2015, 01:22 PM

I think your hemline looks great as is, and congrats! I just recently reached 'longest ever' length, too, it's an amazing feeling!

Do you cut your hair yourself? I'm thinking about cutting in a V hem a lot like yours next week so I'd love to know your technique if you do. :D

heartgoesboom
December 17th, 2015, 10:20 PM
I think your hemline looks great as is, and congrats! I just recently reached 'longest ever' length, too, it's an amazing feeling!

Do you cut your hair yourself? I'm thinking about cutting in a V hem a lot like yours next week so I'd love to know your technique if you do. :D

Hi! Sorry I normally do but this time this was the result of a real hair cut by a stylist lol. I had like 6" cut last summer with layers!!! I can't imagine how long it would've been now if I didn't. Hehe.

heartgoesboom
December 17th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Does anyone keep their hair mostly down all the time? At first I wanted hair this long so I can do all the buns and braids I found in this site... Then I found I'm not that good at styling longer hair! And it gives me a headache.

Swan Maiden
December 18th, 2015, 08:32 AM
I have noticed lately that wearing buns pulls at my hairline and hurts, eventually slipping out and becoming a sagging mess. It's difficult to wear my hair loose as it is floaty and like spiderwebs and just gets in my way. My compromise has been to wear braids.

StellaKatherine
December 18th, 2015, 08:39 AM
I wear my hair up 99 % of the time. I've been very luck so far, as my buns do not pull my hair yet and hair doesn't feel heavy unless it is shower wet.

Swan Maiden
December 18th, 2015, 08:42 AM
I think if I french braid and then bun the length it minimizes pulling. However, I am still new to french braiding and they are very loose.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 18th, 2015, 11:50 AM
My buns do not feel heavy or pull yet - unless I don't get them properly balanced - then they feel awful and I have to re-do them until they feel ok. The only time my hair always feels heavy now is in the shower when it is wet. If I have a DT on it that I am washing out it feels could-put-your-neck-out heavy.

Saige
December 18th, 2015, 10:23 PM
I think if I french braid and then bun the length it minimizes pulling. However, I am still new to french braiding and they are very loose.

I've found this is the only thing that works for me, too. It doesn't seem to matter what kind of bun I try, or how I place it on my head. It always ends up pulling painfully at my hairline.

MsPharaohMoan
December 19th, 2015, 01:39 AM
Made it to tailbone then chopped back a bit below hip. Few more months before I join this thread :) -lurk-

Phanaferous
December 19th, 2015, 02:29 PM
I have noticed lately that wearing buns pulls at my hairline and hurts, eventually slipping out and becoming a sagging mess. It's difficult to wear my hair loose as it is floaty and like spiderwebs and just gets in my way. My compromise has been to wear braids.
I have found that a chinese bun puts the least strain on my scalp. I wear it high so some of the weight of the hair is supported by my skull. On the third day from washing my scalp gets irritated with any uneven pulling, and the chinese bun eliminates that. Added bonus is that the style hides greasies well.

DreamSheep
December 19th, 2015, 03:54 PM
WOw heartgoesboom - I think your hair is gorgeous!! :) I love V-hemlines and it shows off perfectly your glorious, shiny, beautiful hair!!

brickworld13
December 20th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I wear my hair up all the time. Usually buns. I go with braids if my scalp is tender. I can't stand to wear it loose. It gets in the way.

Vrindi
December 21st, 2015, 12:56 PM
Does anyone keep their hair mostly down all the time? At first I wanted hair this long so I can do all the buns and braids I found in this site... Then I found I'm not that good at styling longer hair! And it gives me a headache.

My hair is up in a simple nautilus bun most of the time, while I'm working or around the house. Otherwise, I'll sit on it. If I'm out, I can wear it down and it behaves pretty well. I always carry a hair tie or a stick so I can throw it up if it gets in the way. If it's not in a bun, it's in a loose braid.

As for styling hair, it just takes time and practice. I'm working on dutch braids and dutch 5-strands. It used to be that a regular french braid would take me an hour on bsl hair, and now at classic I can do it in about 3 minutes. The same thing for finding styles that don't pull, also for your scalp getting used to your hair being up - just takes time. Try to wear it up for a little bit at a time and you'll adjust.

meteor
December 21st, 2015, 01:32 PM
Interesting discussion about the weight of updos... :) I agree that it becomes a bigger and bigger issue with more length. I'd recommend looking into buns that create sections as they go/wrap (e.g. Chinese buns, disc bun) or buns that create 2 loops around the base instead of just 1 loop, for example:
- L-Infinity Bun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fzn4gNWIVQ
- Spidermom's Bun / Double-loop Bun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCvC_MU0To8

Honestly, when I wear these double loop buns (braided) for a few days and then try to switch back to LWB or Nautilus, these single-loop buns feel very heavy by comparison.

Other good alternatives for weight distribution are sectioned buns (from half-up), double/triple/... buns and braiding/twisting big chunks of hair as accents to distribute weight around (e.g. Regency Buns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQXu9enBrK0 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhDAeaBggyA), as well as coronets/crown braids and milkmaid braids.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 21st, 2015, 01:34 PM
Yes, I have bee wearing the L-infinity bun a lot. It's just so comfortable.

Vrindi
December 22nd, 2015, 10:09 AM
So I just realized my hair is fingertip when wet, and longer than classic when dry. When did that happen? Guess I wasn't taking off enough on my maintenance trims! So, I've graduated, I guess, to classic to knee? But I'm actually going to hang out in both threads.

Swan Maiden
December 22nd, 2015, 10:11 AM
Congrats! What a nice surprise.

Beborani
December 22nd, 2015, 12:59 PM
That is awesome Vrindi. Fingertip sounds like a graceful length.

Dessi
December 22nd, 2015, 09:18 PM
So I just realized my hair is fingertip when wet, and longer than classic when dry. When did that happen? Guess I wasn't taking off enough on my maintenance trims! So, I've graduated, I guess, to classic to knee? But I'm actually going to hang out in both threads.
Congratulations! Sounds so exciting!
And I was wondering, is there a thread ''Classic to Thigh length''? Because the only one I know is the Classic to Knee thread. So, shouldn't we make one? :D (Classic to Knee is a very long distance I think)

Vrindi
December 23rd, 2015, 09:44 AM
Congratulations! Sounds so exciting!
And I was wondering, is there a thread ''Classic to Thigh length''? Because the only one I know is the Classic to Knee thread. So, shouldn't we make one? :D (Classic to Knee is a very long distance I think)

It is a long distance. I don't know if there is an intermediate thread in between. I'm in this one and Classic to Knee right now, although knee is too long for me. (at least, that's what I say now....)

sumidha
December 23rd, 2015, 08:00 PM
Blerg, I've been having a tough time with my hair lately. It's around classic or maybe a tiny bit longer, which is longer than I've ever had it, and it feels somehow way harder to manage than even a couple inches ago... It's super tangley and poofy, unless I use about a tablespoon (no exaggeration!) of coconut oil, and I have to section it to get the tangles out, which I never had to do before. Also I have to be really careful to fully extend my arm with each stroke, or I end up dragging the tips of my hair up to the top and making more tangles. I hope that makes sense.

This is kind of a whiney post, I feel like maybe I should have put it in the random hair thoughts thread, or go cry to the Classic to Knee thread because apparently I don't know how to properly detangle my hair at this length. :confused:

I've been thinking of cutting back to tailbone to make it more manageable and get rid of frazzled ends, but my hair grows so slowly, I'm worried I'll end up regretting it. Has anyone else had to deal with major changes in their routine as hair gets longer? I swear even an inch ago it wasn't like this, lol!

heartgoesboom
December 23rd, 2015, 08:37 PM
Oo I gotta practice these buns then!

excentricat
December 23rd, 2015, 09:05 PM
Blerg, I've been having a tough time with my hair lately. It's around classic or maybe a tiny bit longer, which is longer than I've ever had it, and it feels somehow way harder to manage than even a couple inches ago... It's super tangley and poofy, unless I use about a tablespoon (no exaggeration!) of coconut oil, and I have to section it to get the tangles out, which I never had to do before. Also I have to be really careful to fully extend my arm with each stroke, or I end up dragging the tips of my hair up to the top and making more tangles. I hope that makes sense.

This is kind of a whiney post, I feel like maybe I should have put it in the random hair thoughts thread, or go cry to the Classic to Knee thread because apparently I don't know how to properly detangle my hair at this length. :confused:

I've been thinking of cutting back to tailbone to make it more manageable and get rid of frazzled ends, but my hair grows so slowly, I'm worried I'll end up regretting it. Has anyone else had to deal with major changes in their routine as hair gets longer? I swear even an inch ago it wasn't like this, lol!

I'm not sure if I've checked into this thread officially yet or not, but I think I'll be here for the foreseeable future because of this. Tailbone was fine for me, but by the time I hit classic, it was so much easier to damage, so much more tangly, just so much harder to manage. I've decided to maintain an inch or two above classic. Maybe my hemline will even thicken up if I maintain for awhile.

LongCurlyTress
December 23rd, 2015, 10:14 PM
Dessi that is how my hair is too!! It shrinks up so much when it's dry :violin: Your hair is so thick and pretty! Congrats on reaching classic length. :blossom:

Excentricat and sumihda ---I am experiencing the same problem with tangling. I am just hovering at tbl now and hope to officially be there within the next couple of months when dry... I am there when stretched and wet... Anyways, the tangling does seem to get worse as my hair gets longer. I am finding that using a dime sized amount of EVOO mixed with a dime sized amount of coney hair serum...(Using John Freida at the moment) Spread this throughout my length, ears to tips when wet after washing. Then using a Madora comb to detangle in small 1 inch wide sections, from tips on up, very slowly and carefully and lovingly. ;) Still have alot of tangles to deal with and consequently, shedding that goes along with the detangling. Good luck!!!

Dessi
December 23rd, 2015, 10:22 PM
It is a long distance. I don't know if there is an intermediate thread in between. I'm in this one and Classic to Knee right now, although knee is too long for me. (at least, that's what I say now....)

Yes, I personally have no intentions to grow to Knee length, but Thigh length is definitely something I would like. So, I may make a thread when I'm solidly Classic, if others want.

And LongCurlyTress, I think you may have mistaken me. I'm barely Classic when wet, so I don't count it just yet. :D But your curls are so beautiful that I think they're worth the shrink. :flower:

brickworld13
December 23rd, 2015, 10:41 PM
I had to change a lot off methods to move past the stall I was having around TBL. I switched to soft cloth hair ties, started using a sleeping cap, made clarifying and S&D regularly parts of my routine, and went back to cones. I don't use cones all the time, but if I need really durable, cooperative hair for a few days, they are great for that. Oh, I do take biotin when I remember. So maybe 2 times a months. I'm not great at remembering to take any of my supplements unless they are vital to my everyday like the Synthroid is and birth control was before it started messing with my heart.

LongCurlyTress
December 24th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Yes, I personally have no intentions to grow to Knee length, but Thigh length is definitely something I would like. So, I may make a thread when I'm solidly Classic, if others want.

And LongCurlyTress, I think you may have mistaken me. I'm barely Classic when wet, so I don't count it just yet. :D But your curls are so beautiful that I think they're worth the shrink. :flower:

Thank you Dessi! No worries!! ;)

sumidha
December 25th, 2015, 12:22 AM
Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in having issues with just a tiny bit more length, I think cutting back a couple inches and maintaining for a while is a good strategy. I have a lot of split ends and thinning from damage that I need to address anyways, so it looks like I'll be hanging out in this thread for the foreseeable future! :o

Melika
December 25th, 2015, 02:49 PM
I was informed by my sister when she was standing behind me that I'm longer than classic now, at least when wet. I was surprised, since I haven't been checking. I'll have to get a picture. Also, I'll probably cut back a little bit so I might be working on getting to classic again soon. XD

I have a lot of trouble in the ends if they've become damaged (last time was when I was unwittingly using an oil mix that contained drying oils). Tangling gets so much worse. I find it's better to trim it off, which prevents even more damage being done. I would rather have healthy hair than long hair.

LongCurlyTress
December 25th, 2015, 03:46 PM
I was informed by my sister when she was standing behind me that I'm longer than classic now, at least when wet. I was surprised, since I haven't been checking. I'll have to get a picture. Also, I'll probably cut back a little bit so I might be working on getting to classic again soon. XD

I have a lot of trouble in the ends if they've become damaged (last time was when I was unwittingly using an oil mix that contained drying oils). Tangling gets so much worse. I find it's better to trim it off, which prevents even more damage being done. I would rather have healthy hair than long hair.

Oh No!! Please share specifically which are the drying oils? Hopefully EVOO and Jojoba and Sweet Almond are not drying. ;( Thanks for your help. ;)

meteor
December 25th, 2015, 04:15 PM
^ LongCurlyTress, no worries, your oils are non-drying. :) (Great choice of oils, by the way! :thumbsup:)

Olive oil's iodine value = 85 (range: 80-88 )
Jojoba oil's iodine value = 83 (or ~ 80)
Sweet almond oil's iodine value = 99
Sources: http://soapcalc.net/calc/OilList.asp - click on iodine value; and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine_value

An oil with iodine value of 130-190 or higher can be considered a drying oil (in hair care). (It's slightly higher range # for paint, varnish industry and industrial purposes...)

LongCurlyTress
December 25th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Thank you so much, as always meteor!! ;) for your great educated answer! Happy Holidays and may 2016 be a Wonderful Healthy Growing Year for you! -- (WHGY) ;D :popcorn::flowers:

meteor
December 25th, 2015, 04:36 PM

Yes, I've definitely been experiencing the same. I sure hope the dry cold weather has something to do with this, because in that case, at least there is some light (i.e. spring) at the end of the proverbial tunnel.
But I actually think it could be just length-related. Other things being equal, the more hair, the more tangling. :violin:
I just keep it braided and then bunned almost all the time. And I stick to very simple low-manipulation styles, because manipulation is what causes tangles for me quite often.

Dessi that is how my hair is too!! It shrinks up so much when it's dry :violin: Your hair is so thick and pretty! Congrats on reaching classic length. :blossom:

Excentricat and sumihda ---I am experiencing the same problem with tangling. I am just hovering at tbl now and hope to officially be there within the next couple of months when dry... I am there when stretched and wet... Anyways, the tangling does seem to get worse as my hair gets longer. I am finding that using a dime sized amount of EVOO mixed with a dime sized amount of coney hair serum...(Using John Freida at the moment) Spread this throughout my length, ears to tips when wet after washing. Then using a Madora comb to detangle in small 1 inch wide sections, from tips on up, very slowly and carefully and lovingly. ;) Still have alot of tangles to deal with and consequently, shedding that goes along with the detangling. Good luck!!!

That's a great idea, actually! :agree: Mixing products more is something I should go back to. :hmm:

I agree with you and Dessi on shrinking :agree: It's getting more visible for me, too. My hair gets pretty straight at this length and yet I am still somehow getting serious shrinkage from wet to dry (like, 5''-6'' or so). It didn't happen to the same degree before at all, so I'm a bit baffled.
I wonder if it's just more visible because it's still the same percentage... but of greater length? So, for example, 10% shrinkage of 50'' would be a whopping 5'', while on 10'' it would be just an inch? :hmm: Or maybe older ends absorb a lot more water, because they are simply more weathered (i.e. damaged)? According to the link below, hair in good condition can absorb more than 30% of its own weight in water, but damaged hair can absorb ~ 45%.

Despite the close fitting scales of its cuticle and the sebum which naturally coats it, a hair in good condition can absorb more than 30% of its own weight of water. If the hair is alread damaged by other factors, this percentage can reach 45%. Its length can thus increase by 2% and its diameter by 15% to 20%
http://www.hair-science.com/_int/_en/topic/topic_sousrub.aspx?tc=root-hair-science%5Eso-sturdy-so-fragile%5Eproperties-of-hair&cur=properties-of-hair

^ I'm kind of surprised that they say the length can increase by 2%... The number seems pretty low to me (I don't think I would even notice 2% change on my own hair, to be honest), but without documented observations, it's hard to tell... :hmm:

meteor
December 25th, 2015, 04:38 PM
^ Oh thank you so very much, LongCurlyTress! :smooch: Happy Holidays to you too :love: , and I wish you the Most Wonderful Year 2016! Lots of happiness, joy, great health and, of course, lots of healthy happy hair growth! :cake:

Happy Holidays, fellow long-hairs! :heartbeat :D

Beborani
December 25th, 2015, 06:21 PM
My hair has been falling out of one stick buns lately. It maybe a function of length or increase in slippage due to more than a year of henndigoing of brand new roots+some overlap on length each month. Or maybe increased density. Since I have multiple factors at play, I am not sure if I should join in the chorus. But wash times are getting longer and handling a little clumsier. My ends are far healthier this time around at this length than ever before and that includes teen years when I had splits (I see almost no splits now) and they spiral so much. Not combing the length is one big change. No way can I even claim tailbone on dry hair--past hip into bcl region is the most I can see in the mirror.

LongCurlyTress
December 26th, 2015, 09:37 AM
^ Oh thank you so very much, LongCurlyTress! :smooch: Happy Holidays to you too :love: , and I wish you the Most Wonderful Year 2016! Lots of happiness, joy, great health and, of course, lots of healthy happy hair growth! :cake:

Happy Holidays, fellow long-hairs! :heartbeat :D

Thank you meteor!! :o

Melika
December 26th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Oh No!! Please share specifically which are the drying oils? Hopefully EVOO and Jojoba and Sweet Almond are not drying. ;( Thanks for your help. ;)

As meteor said, you're fine. I first learned about drying oils from ktani's article here: http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2011/12/understanding-drying-capacity-of-oils.html It's what helped me find out why my ends were so suddenly in a bad condition- so much had changed in my hair care and length, I wasn't sure what the problem was.

My hair has been falling out of one stick buns lately. It maybe a function of length or increase in slippage due to more than a year of henndigoing of brand new roots+some overlap on length each month. Or maybe increased density. Since I have multiple factors at play, I am not sure if I should join in the chorus. But wash times are getting longer and handling a little clumsier. My ends are far healthier this time around at this length than ever before and that includes teen years when I had splits (I see almost no splits now) and they spiral so much. Not combing the length is one big change. No way can I even claim tailbone on dry hair--past hip into bcl region is the most I can see in the mirror.

My hair is mostly straight, but thick with extremely fine strands and VERY slippery. I couldn't do a successful bun until I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHQwLBvwoZE

It taught me how to really lock my bun into place. I'm a massage therapist. I can't have my hair falling down during a massage!

My everyday bun (her technique for locking the bun in is way too loose for me, I had to do the upward then downward catch of the previous video and then it worked like a charm): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9PPb8gCsI

omega
December 26th, 2015, 07:07 PM
Graduated to the next measurement from Classic. Thanks for sharing. Might continue here to maintain or find a Classic to Fingertip thread.

stelz
December 27th, 2015, 07:44 AM
Another tailbone to classic here! *waves*
I'm just keeping it there. I've had it at mid thigh, almost to the knees stretched, but the last few inches were really dry and ragged. I'd brush it and there were tiny knots that pulled at the good hair. Nothing I put on it helped, and TBH, I'm happy with tailbone to classic. It's long, but I don't get as many strangers coming up to me in supermarkets and whatnot trying to interrogate me about it. ("How long did it take you to grow your hair? Is it hard to wash?" etc. Sooooo annoying!) Sometimes you just want to go about your business and not answer the same questions over and over! This is a great length. It's long, but my ends are still good. :)

CurlyZ
December 27th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Hello fellow long hairs! I am finally able to join this group! :disco:
It has been 5 years of joining lhc. I managed to grow out my bleached hair, tried many products and routines, some successful, some not so much. Growing out layers, cutting them again, growing out, cutting...and finally made up my mind to grow them out. It has been a long way, but am very happy to have made it this far.
Happy growing everbody and many thanks for all the advice and support throughout the years!
Pictures to follow. (My avatar shows the shortest length since joining lhc).

Arete
December 27th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Welcome Stelz and CurlyZ!

I'm now 1.5" away from classic when wet. About 3" when dry. Can't wait for this summe!r :happydance:

ArchAngelin
December 28th, 2015, 05:37 AM
I think i am classic but i dont now for sure. My end are thin because all my hair are thin... I think i will maintain or cut 5cm? i dont know yet because I love the length, I can do crown braid like Tymoszenko;) yey!
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn14/Pegasiee/cl_zpseqvn0cdz.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Pegasiee/media/cl_zpseqvn0cdz.jpg.html)

Vrindi
December 28th, 2015, 09:15 AM
That's classic for sure. Maybe even a little bit past?

Arete
December 28th, 2015, 12:01 PM
I agree, most definitely classic length. I wouldn't trim the 5 cm off all at once, as your ends look pretty good. Just take off your monthly growth (or half if you still want to have appreciable growth) until you thicken up your hemline to where you want it to be.

JadedByEntropy
December 28th, 2015, 12:10 PM
I'm calling it and moving on 0.0 no cuts 2016 here i come!
I had been scared to leave this board, but i think i'm ready to merely stalk it. ;)

ArchAngelin
December 28th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Thank you for your advice :)))) now i'm sure a will only cut my month grow and try to maintain;))

Komao
December 28th, 2015, 04:36 PM
I'm solidly at tailbone, so I now belong to this thread! Can't wait for classic. Very exciting. 👍

Rhodugune
January 6th, 2016, 10:40 AM
I'm solidly at tailbone, so I now belong to this thread! Can't wait for classic. Very exciting. 👍

Most exciting! Happy to have you here. :)

This is my December length photo, so I still think that it isnt impossible that I will reach classic later this year, which will feel weird as I spent such a long time in this group as I have had to cut back and just maintained my hair for the longest time.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20743&d=1452025777

Long_hair_bear
January 6th, 2016, 06:22 PM
I am finally, after 4 years, at tailbone. My hiar grows so gosh darn slow. :( :whip::justy:

Rhodugune
January 7th, 2016, 08:39 AM
I am finally, after 4 years, at tailbone. My hiar grows so gosh darn slow. :( :whip::justy:

Welcome!
I hope you will enjoy being in this thread a lot.
Experiencing slow growth, I know that feeling so well, how much length do you get approximately a month?

Katschakai
January 8th, 2016, 07:39 AM
After graduating from this thread I'm now back :D I trimmed of about three centimeters before new years to even out my hemline. My hair is now 110 cm, and 113 var classic on me, so shouldn't be long. I have this silly urge to dye my hair so I can see it grow :D But I wont!

Mademoiselle
January 19th, 2016, 07:17 AM
OMG :agape: the manes of this thread !! this is amazing :crush::thudpile:

JadedByEntropy
January 19th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I'm teetering as i've reached classic, and can't let go. I've trimmed back january's growth so i'm still kinda there. I hope the thickness will move down, but i'm not sure how long i'll wait for it as i really do want to get to FTL (original goal) by my birthday. :/

http://s10.postimg.org/8ckmwu8qh/000_new_years_check.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
free image uploading (http://postimage.org/)

ladylowtide
January 20th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Hi! i haven't been around for a while. Got busy with graduate school. Anyways somewhere in the past year got to tailbone and some inches past. Not sure if I will maintain or grow. It gets annoying when I sit on my hair and it could stand to be thicker at the ends. I'm torn because I love the look of classic length hair, but I still want it to be short enough I can wear it down and once in a blue moon and still seem professional. Well whatever happens I'm not cutting above tailbone any time soon!

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 01:29 AM
Pretty locks, JadedByEntropy. I hope you reach your goal by your birthday!
Best of luck to you, ladylowtide, whatever you choose! :flower:

JadedByEntropy
January 24th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Pretty locks, JadedByEntropy. I hope you reach your goal by your birthday!

Thank you lapis_lazuli:inlove:

SummerCherie
January 24th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Your hair looks amazing! @ArchAngelin

ArchAngelin
January 25th, 2016, 01:28 PM
thank you<3

Marbid
January 25th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Hello! I have just reached tailbone! Physical tailbone! An inch past bcl.

Im a lurker, so i might post once in a very blue eclipse moon. Lol. But i lurk an read the gossip every day rutinely while eating breakfast. Or well i used to.

I will be here quite a few years. 4 or 5 years. I just got me a cute little newborn baby girl. Just a few weeks old. So i wont be having time to play around with my hair very much any time soon. I plan on maintaining classic untill my baby starts kindergarden or preschool. And i can afford longer more in the way hair. Classic is all ill be able to deal with in the meantime. But classic is ok with me. It might feel long then.

I still dont feel my hair is long at all. Im short. Only 4ft 11"..... So really... This so called tailbone length would just be hip length on you average height peoples. But lucky me, i reach milestones faster, althou with less hair. Meh.

Ill enjoy my time here. What with all them pretty hair pictures.

Kimberly
January 26th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Hello! I have just reached tailbone! Physical tailbone! An inch past bcl.

Im a lurker, so i might post once in a very blue eclipse moon. Lol. But i lurk an read the gossip every day rutinely while eating breakfast. Or well i used to.

I will be here quite a few years. 4 or 5 years. I just got me a cute little newborn baby girl. Just a few weeks old. So i wont be having time to play around with my hair very much any time soon. I plan on maintaining classic untill my baby starts kindergarden or preschool. And i can afford longer more in the way hair. Classic is all ill be able to deal with in the meantime. But classic is ok with me. It might feel long then.

I still dont feel my hair is long at all. Im short. Only 4ft 11"..... So really... This so called tailbone length would just be hip length on you average height peoples. But lucky me, i reach milestones faster, althou with less hair. Meh.

Ill enjoy my time here. What with all them pretty hair pictures.

Congratulations again, Marbid!

lapis_lazuli
January 26th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Congrats, Marbid! :applause :cheer:

lapushka
January 26th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Congrats, Marbid! :applause :cheer:

Yes, congratulations! :D

Marbid
February 26th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Hello. Its been a while. I finally managed to get a hair picture.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4/b_s_marbid/image_zpsjmcm2owf.jpeg

So this is me at tailbone. The picture cuts of just at clasic. Ill be there by this december 2016. Will maintain there to thicken up my ends for a bit. And because i dont think i can handle much longer hair with a lil baby around. But we shall see. I still dont feel i have long hair.

lapushka
February 26th, 2016, 02:53 PM

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4/b_s_marbid/image_zpsjmcm2owf.jpeg

So this is me at tailbone. The picture cuts of just at clasic. Ill be there by this december 2016. Will maintain there to thicken up my ends for a bit. And because i dont think i can handle much longer hair with a lil baby around. But we shall see. I still dont feel i have long hair.

I think classic may be a tad bit lower still, but maybe I'm not seeing straight. ;)
In any case, you should get there by Christmas this year. Good luck & happy growing. :D

Sarahlabyrinth
February 26th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Yay for you, Marbid! And congratulations!!! :)

lapis_lazuli
February 26th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Very pretty, Marbid. Enjoy the journey :D

Remi
February 26th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Marbid- looks so silky and long.

Kimberly
February 26th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Good growing, Marbid!

Mullsha
February 26th, 2016, 05:34 PM

I'm about your length (Natural not stretched sense my hair is curly.) and I thought I was the only one who felt like my hair was not long yet! Also your hair looks super nice and healthy. :D

endersworld
February 26th, 2016, 06:32 PM
I wasn't sure earlier, but I think I can now safely say my hair is in the tailbone-to-classic camp! The bottom of that tshirt hits around classic on me, so I'm pretty excited about how close it's getting. :disco:

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/emily_driver2/d7f866fa-1ade-4ed8-ba98-a7f75f398f38_zpst89ifbxb.jpg

lapushka
February 29th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Looks great, endersworld!

Since cutting back to classic, wash day again is a breeze. I don't feel like cutting my hair, not on any day of the week, and it all goes swimmingly. Best decision ever. I will be maintaining classic for the rest of this year, I think. And after that... well I guess classic is just a good length for me.

heartgoesboom
March 3rd, 2016, 04:46 PM
I'm so close! Ahh!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/pineye/27213C82-FA60-4726-AE6B-C5DFADB50859_zpsmaej3fxc.jpg

LongCurlyTress
March 6th, 2016, 01:14 PM
So, I have been hovering about an inch above TBL for what seems like for. ev. er... so I thought I would just stop by and oogle and get motivated to wait until my hair decides it wants to be at TBL. :knit:Thanks for letting me have my look-see! :popcorn:Gorgeous hair here. Did anyone here also feel like TBL would never be reached? I have been at 34-36inches depending on trims since last fall. GAAAHHHHH!! Still cutting out layers and the V hemline so that accounts for the delay. However, I am hoping to legitimately be at TBL (@37 inches) within the next couple of months. Right now, a few hairs are really there, but I won't call it until most of my hemline is there. :popcorn:

lapushka
March 6th, 2016, 01:46 PM
I'm so close! Ahh!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/pineye/27213C82-FA60-4726-AE6B-C5DFADB50859_zpsmaej3fxc.jpg

Almost, I'd even say less than half an inch and you're there. I think you can pretty much call it. :flower:

jlw9222
March 6th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Yay!! I'm now in this category. I made tailbone then trimmed a half inch or so, but now am back to touching tailbone. It's funny to think my initial goal was waist...then moved to hip...then BCL. :-) A trend I think most of us here can relate to. Now I'm going until I hit classic length. :-) I find it amazing how some people act when they see really long hair. I actual had a co-worker pet my hair the other day. :-) I had a huge shedding about a year ago, so my ends are not as thick as I'd like them. So, now I wait for my new growth to catch up...I'd say I only have about 5 years or so. :-)

JadedByEntropy
March 7th, 2016, 10:46 AM
heartgoesboom thats some great hair! You ARE so close!! That tiny bit will take the longest too. ;)
and those white pants will come in handy for hair pictures.

jlw9222 I think we've all started with hair-goals which were half of what we ended up with or less. xD I have yet to have hair petters, but thats funny! xD it must be really healthy. :D

RavennaNight
March 7th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Yup, I'm here. Slowly at a snails pace inching onward...

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn68/katinka1978/C2DDC237-9379-4E2A-84FC-2D46E9671FFF_zpsiiet1aj6.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/katinka1978/media/C2DDC237-9379-4E2A-84FC-2D46E9671FFF_zpsiiet1aj6.jpg.html)

39"
Classic on me is approximately 44. So a year with no trims should do it, unless I've reached my term.

lapis_lazuli
March 7th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Congrats, heartgoesboom and RavennaNight! You are both so close! :cheer:

Mavi
March 7th, 2016, 03:56 PM
I look so much closer to classic when my hair is wet vs when it is dry...

http://s16.postimg.org/5xgzywazp/DSCF4152.jpg (http://postimage.org/) http://s29.postimg.org/r4oxatxlj/Photo_on_2016_03_07_at_4_30_PM.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Granted it also looks much thinner wet, so I guess you win some and you lose some :)

LongCurlyTress
March 8th, 2016, 09:02 AM
I am just wondering, is anyone else out there thinking about trimming off the pointy hemline---which is now reaching TBL- to make it an even hemline, so for me this would be back to hip length? Ugh.. I am so tempted but I really want to wait until I reach classic and then trim back to TBL. I usually wear my hair in a bun, or a half up, and an even hemline would look so much prettier than my uneven hemline with holes in it. Not many splits if any so it's hard to justify a major trim back to hip. ;( Just thought I would ask here since many of you in this length category might know what I am talking about. Thanks!! :rolleyes: My siggy pic is very recent so you can see what I have going (growing lol) on. The last few inches are also old layers still growing out. Just not sure what to do so I thought I would ask here.

ETA Wow!! Did I just say... "trim 'back' to hip length"?? Wow! Never thought I would be saying that!! ;)

Wusel
March 8th, 2016, 03:16 PM
I am just wondering, is anyone else out there thinking about trimming off the pointy hemline---which is now reaching TBL- to make it an even hemline, so for me this would be back to hip length? Ugh.. I am so tempted but I really want to wait until I reach classic and then trim back to TBL. I usually wear my hair in a bun, or a half up, and an even hemline would look so much prettier than my uneven hemline with holes in it. Not many splits if any so it's hard to justify a major trim back to hip. ;( Just thought I would ask here since many of you in this length category might know what I am talking about. Thanks!! :rolleyes: My siggy pic is very recent so you can see what I have going (growing lol) on. The last few inches are also old layers still growing out. Just not sure what to do so I thought I would ask here.

ETA Wow!! Did I just say... "trim 'back' to hip length"?? Wow! Never thought I would be saying that!! ;)

Nooooo.... Please don't trim... So beautiful, so long, shiny and healthy... You really don't need a trim.

I love this thread :) Makes me happy :) Because I hope I'll be there one day :) I want it!!! I can do it too! :) (I hope)

lapushka
March 8th, 2016, 03:31 PM

I think you're seeing things that aren't there, that is not a pointy V by any means, and no thin hem either, it's fairly even IMMHO! :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
March 8th, 2016, 04:01 PM
That's a very beautiful V and certainly doesn't need to be cut back. It's up to you of course.

Beborani
March 8th, 2016, 04:57 PM
I am just wondering, is anyone else out there thinking about trimming off the pointy hemline---which is now reaching TBL- to make it an even hemline, so for me this would be back to hip length? Ugh.. I am so tempted but I really want to wait until I reach classic and then trim back to TBL. I usually wear my hair in a bun, or a half up, and an even hemline would look so much prettier than my uneven hemline with holes in it.

It depends on your aesthetics. To my eye a v hem down below the hip is more attractive than blunt across on nearly all hairtypes that I have seen here.

RavennaNight
March 8th, 2016, 05:15 PM

I used to consider it a few years ago, before I realized that it is the natural look of my hemline the way it grows. It's grown on me, haha. I quite like a pointy, witchy hemline on me. Not to say they're all witchy like that, mine is, that's how I like it :)

jlw9222
March 8th, 2016, 09:35 PM
LongCurlyTress - I've been arguing with myself over this very thing. I'd like to straighten, and thicken, my ends, which are TBL; however, I want to wait until Classic to start trimming. I think waiting until closer, if not hitting Classic, is what I'd do if I were you, especially since you usually wear your hair up. I find when I wear my hear up, I am less inclined to focus on length. It's like it sneaks up on you. :-) Your hair looks great, so just keep being patient with it. :-)

LongCurlyTress
March 9th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Nooooo.... Please don't trim... So beautiful, so long, shiny and healthy... You really don't need a trim.

I love this thread. Makes me happy :) Because I hope I'll be there one day :) I want it!!! I can do it too! (I hope)

Thank you so much for your encouragement Wusel!! EVOO is my secret for the shine, that and a flash on my camera! LOL!! But, seriously, thank you so much for reminding me how hard I have worked to get it to this length and cutting to even up the length will just depress me. Heck! I get depressed for weeks even with just a 1 inch trim!!! Sometimes I guess I need a wake up call to think clearly and your words did just that!! Thank you so much!! And Wusel your thick blonde hair is gorgeous! I can't wait to see your hair length in one more year!! Then two then three more years!! I. Love. Your. Hair!! :love:

I think you're seeing things that aren't there, that is not a pointy V by any means, and no thin hem either, it's fairly even IMMHO! :flower LOL!! From watching pics of others who have been at this length and then grown beyond, I think the uneven hemline is normal growth and you are right... cutting back to hip is not the answer!! I need to be patient!! :hmm:

That's a very beautiful V and certainly doesn't need to be cut back. It's up to you of course.

Thanks! I do have hair envy for your hemline and hennalonghairs!! I guess I will just be patient and wait one more year to even it up when hopefully it will have grown to classic by then... HOPEFULLY!! :meditate:

It depends on your aesthetics. To my eye a v hem down below the hip is more attractive than blunt across on nearly all hairtypes that I have seen here. I guess a v hem does look more natural too, but a thick even hemline... :hmm: I guess the grass is always greener? I have curly hair and I am thinking that fairytale ends are what my hair wants to do. :shrug:

I used to consider it a few years ago, before I realized that it is the natural look of my hemline the way it grows. It's grown on me, haha. I quite like a pointy, witchy hemline on me. Not to say they're all witchy like that, mine is, that's how I like it :) Too funny... since I put my hair up I am just obsessing on it now since I have seen some recent pics... I better go just bun it and forgetaboutit!! :p

LongCurlyTress - I've been arguing with myself over this very thing. I'd like to straighten, and thicken, my ends, which are TBL; however, I want to wait until Classic to start trimming. I think waiting until closer, if not hitting Classic, is what I'd do if I were you, especially since you usually wear your hair up. I find when I wear my hear up, I am less inclined to focus on length. It's like it sneaks up on you. :-) Your hair looks great, so just keep being patient with it. :-) You are so right!! Just be patient with it!! I will be so depressed if I do trim back to hip. :knitfrog:

Thank you so much everyone for your thoughts!!! You have all really helped me to just put it back up and forgetaboutit. Last week I sectioned off my bangs which have grown out to "cleavage length" lol... and was about to cut them again after seeing some with bangs, but then I said to myself that I will have bad luck if I cut them...something along the lines of thinking like in some cultures where we get our strength in our hair and cutting it will deprive our senses of external energy. Recently, my DS has had some disappointments - broke up with a serious gf after 2.5 years... so it's like a devorce for all of us. I guess cutting my hair is something in my life I do have control over, but I would be much better off giving Pookie, my maltese/sheetzu his puppy cut now since summer is coming... LOL! Thanks again everyone!! Hugs!!!

mermaid lullaby
March 9th, 2016, 11:50 AM
I just have a few inches until I'm at mid tailbone!

Komao
March 17th, 2016, 11:52 AM
I'm a little below bcl. Do you think I can make classic this year?
http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/y352/louiegpic/image_zpscaudvok4.jpeg (http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/louiegpic/media/image_zpscaudvok4.jpeg.html)

Pearly~91
March 17th, 2016, 12:24 PM
I'm a little below bcl. Do you think I can make classic this year?]

Well, depending on the person and their body shape, the length of the "cheek" varies, you know. :p Do you have a rough idea of the inches involved? For me it will probably end up taking a year plus a bit from bcl to classic.

Komao
March 17th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Pearly~91, thanks and I know you're right about body shape, etc. I just can't seem to measure my own hair. Will have to wait awhile to get someone to measure it for me. A rough guess would be that I have 4-5" to go, which would be doable this year. BUTT, I could be off!!!

lapushka
March 17th, 2016, 01:56 PM
TBL to classic took me about 9 months, so I think it's very well possible.

Komao
March 17th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Oh lapushka, keeping my fingers crossed. Can't wait to see what classic length feels like. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Feeling so down about my thin ends this morning.... I hate them so much but can't bear to lose length by chopping them. The micro trims are working, but it could take years to be rid of them :(

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Feeling so down about my thin ends this morning.... I hate them so much but can't bear to lose length by chopping them. The micro trims are working, but it could take years to be rid of them :(

The sooner I reach classic the better. I think I will maintain there to speed up the process and see how that goes.

Komao
March 17th, 2016, 02:56 PM
The sooner I reach classic the better. I think I will maintain there to speed up the process and see how that goes.

That sounds like a good idea. I can't see the thin ends. All I see is gloriously long and a spectacular color. :o

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 03:19 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I can't see the thin ends. All I see is gloriously long and a spectacular color. :o

Ah, but if you saw my hair on a non-black background you wouldn't say that.... And.... my computer has just decided to not load the pic I took this morning from my camera card :(

missrandie
March 17th, 2016, 03:25 PM

Now now, they aren't thin. They are gracefully tapered to a delicate hemline.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Now now, they aren't thin. They are gracefully tapered to a delicate hemline.

There you go. Thin thin thin thin. I told you :(

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF1685.jpg

lapushka
March 17th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Sarah, it seems (can I say that) that your length has gotten thinner also. Could it be the BBB? I had issues with that as well when I was using one. You can never be too careful. But it might very well be natural taper also. Maybe try and use a comb only for a few months and see what that does.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Sarah, it seems (can I say that) that your length has gotten thinner also. Could it be the BBB? I had issues with that as well when I was using one. You can never be too careful. But it might very well be natural taper also. Maybe try and use a comb only for a few months and see what that does.

I use a BBB gently only once a month for my monthly length shot. I doubt it would be that. I just use my Madora wide toothed comb.

Yet when freshly washed, combed and on a black background it looks so much thicker. I think it is just from my shedding in 2013. The hair above has regrown perfectly thickly.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/e1620e73-c5b5-471e-88dd-37c6acc1d5d9.png

Pearly~91
March 17th, 2016, 04:25 PM
:scissors: BUTT, I could be off!!!

:D That pun! It should be all over this thread!

Pearly~91
March 17th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Sarahlabyrinth, that's too bad! Is this a new problem?

Also, you look like you're getting REALLY close to classic!

lapushka
March 17th, 2016, 04:33 PM
I use a BBB gently only once a month for my monthly length shot. I doubt it would be that. I just use my Madora wide toothed comb.

Yet when freshly washed, combed and on a black background it looks so much thicker. I think it is just from my shedding in 2013. The hair above has regrown perfectly thickly.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/e1620e73-c5b5-471e-88dd-37c6acc1d5d9.png

Oh okay, yes, quite the difference. And you *can* really see there's a lot of thickness above the thinner ends - true!

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Sarahlabyrinth, that's too bad! Is this a new problem?

Also, you look like you're getting REALLY close to classic!

No, it has been like this for 3 years. Since I had a big stress shed. You can see where the regrowth has reached. The ends may have thinned out a little more than they were, possibly. Yet when I collect my sheds, there might only be one, or none, of the longest hairs amongst them. But certainly the thick regrowth isn't thinning.

I have 3 inches until I reach classic.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Maybe also that my hair is so fine, that even though it's there, you just don't see it against the paler background....? I wonder this sometimes. Otherwise why would you get such a noticeable difference?

JadedByEntropy
March 17th, 2016, 04:42 PM
BUTT, I could be off!!!

:laugh:Why is that not everywhere on here?!? :rollin:

lapushka
March 17th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Maybe also that my hair is so fine, that even though it's there, you just don't see it against the paler background....? I wonder this sometimes. Otherwise why would you get such a noticeable difference?

Don't try and worry too much about it. It is what it is and you can't change that. You have a small amount of length to go until you reach classic. Maybe you could maintain a little more at that length and wait until the thickness catches up. But I think that was your plan, no? :)

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 04:47 PM
Don't try and worry too much about it. It is what it is and you can't change that. You have a small amount of length to go until you reach classic. Maybe you could maintain a little more at that length and wait until the thickness catches up. But I think that was your plan, no? :)

Yes indeed :) Every trim I do I tell myself it is improving the thickness, if not the length! And it has already helped me so far with my ends. Hurry up classic!!! If I maintained for a year or so it would make a big difference, I feel. Anyway, I wear it up so who sees it anyway?!

I'm just having a "down" morning about it and had to grumble...

lapushka
March 17th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Yes indeed :) Every trim I do I tell myself it is improving the thickness, if not the length! And it has already helped me so far with my ends. Hurry up classic!!! If I maintained for a year or so it would make a big difference, I feel. Anyway, I wear it up so who sees it anyway?!

I'm just having a "down" morning about it and had to grumble...

Aw don't feel bad. I had my hair come out in clumps during the first stages of puberty. I was horrified and petrified. It was hormonal. After a year it looked so much better already, and luckily my hair came back! Took two years to fully settle though! Takes time and patience, I guess. :) But you will get there!!!

Pearly~91
March 17th, 2016, 05:22 PM
No, it has been like this for 3 years. Since I had a big stress shed. You can see where the regrowth has reached. The ends may have thinned out a little more than they were, possibly. Yet when I collect my sheds, there might only be one, or none, of the longest hairs amongst them. But certainly the thick regrowth isn't thinning.

I have 3 inches until I reach classic.

Dunno how I missed your post where you said it was from shedding in 2013, sorry about that! I think you are right that it looks thinner than it is because fine hairs disappear against similar coloured backgrounds.

I have some taper from regrowth too, so I feel your pain! You'll get it all trimmed out eventually. If you need a positive thought about thinner ends, how about the fact that they are easy to tuck into buns?

Pearly~91
March 17th, 2016, 05:23 PM
:laugh:Why is that not everywhere on here?!? :rollin:

Right!? I'm stealing it until I get past classic.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Dunno how I missed your post where you said it was from shedding in 2013, sorry about that! I think you are right that it looks thinner than it is because fine hairs disappear against similar coloured backgrounds.

I have some taper from regrowth too, so I feel your pain! You'll get it all trimmed out eventually. If you need a positive thought about thinner ends, how about the fact that they are easy to tuck into buns?

That is true and I was thinking that very thought this morning in an effort to cheer myself up :)

Sarahlabyrinth
March 17th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Aw don't feel bad. I had my hair come out in clumps during the first stages of puberty. I was horrified and petrified. It was hormonal. After a year it looked so much better already, and luckily my hair came back! Took two years to fully settle though! Takes time and patience, I guess. :) But you will get there!!!

Yes - I guess I'll have to give it another couple of years ;)

It's not as though I'm not used to being patient about hair :p

Red.
March 17th, 2016, 07:31 PM
I wish I could find my original post in this thread. I think I had just cut back to tailbone after reaching classic because I wasn't happy with my ends. Now my hair is halfway down my butt again and I'm not sure how I feel. I take care of my hair but it still has a very noticeable taper. :( I don't know if I should try and maintain it to gain thickness or keep growing.

Komao
March 18th, 2016, 07:03 AM

OMG, your signature picture! Your hair is astonishing in every way. Color, length, hemline... I can't wait to see your further progression!

Arctic
March 18th, 2016, 08:57 AM
I wish I could find my original post in this thread. I think I had just cut back to tailbone after reaching classic because I wasn't happy with my ends. Now my hair is halfway down my butt again and I'm not sure how I feel. I take care of my hair but it still has a very noticeable taper. :( I don't know if I should try and maintain it to gain thickness or keep growing.

Finding posts is easy. Click the post count of the thread (visible when you are at Mane forum view), it opens a window showing everyone who has posted on the thread, and how many times. Click control and F (which launches a "Find" command), type your name and click the number of posts after your name. It shows all your posts from this thread (of course this works on all threads).

Red.
March 18th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Thanks Artic! I'll try that when I'm on an actual computer instead of my IPhone. :)

Pearly~91
March 18th, 2016, 01:15 PM
OMG, your signature picture! Your hair is astonishing in every way. Color, length, hemline... I can't wait to see your further progression!

Why, thank you! :o I must admit though, it doesn't look like that every day. That was a hair-typing picture from October. It's a bit longer and the hem is not quite the same now. I need to take an updated length shot soon.

JadedByEntropy
March 18th, 2016, 05:14 PM

You may be nearing your terminal if its truly a frightening taper. Mine drastically tapers past my waist, which is natural since the face-framing layers don't reach as far. I would say keep growing and maybe switch into more updos or braids so it doesn't feel so thin, and see what happens. Otherwise you may wait for years and it not make much improvement. They will grow! Once you do find your terminal, you can look back at where the majority of your hair suddenly thins out or where you're willing to cut back to for the hem you want. Every time i decide to maintain it makes me sadder than having the ends less be relatively super thin. idk. Some people do find thicker ends after years of maintaining.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 19th, 2016, 01:33 AM
I just thought I would put this here. Hair has odd kinks from being damp bunned and braided all day - it is still a little damp.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF1899.jpg

Mimha
March 19th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Hello Sarah !

I just wanted to tell you that when I see your last picture (you on the chair with dark shirt and bun waves), I don't see anything strikingly different from the usual. If you haven't noticed a particularly heavy shedding lately, there is no reason why your ends should have evaporated into thin air. I think this is all a matter of light, color and background. On the blue shirt pic, your hair is largely displayed on your low back, and what is more : in a floaty way, with a lot of light going through and kind of cancelling the fine strands on the blue background. Whereas on the last pic, all your hair is neatly gathered with every individual strand clearly popping out of the black color. I think this is why there is such an optical effect of different thickness.

When I think about it, it reminds me of a trick that was used in the old time cinema : to create an illusion of some landscape background, they would film the actors in a studio room, on a totally blue background. This color seemed to have the power of being ignored and cancelled easily to be replaced by any other background (like a desert or a jungle, lol). So maybe this pale blue shirt has been acting like a "cancelling color" on your hair color, in the same way.

Well, I'm not a specialist of optical effects, but I think there is a great deal of it in your case. :flower:

Komao
March 19th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Sarah, still looks beautiful to me. I think Mimha's theory has valid points. You wear it up a lot so I suggest you keep going to classic & maintain then. When you want to wear it down wear darker tops. I know you dont want to cut it now and then you have the best of both worlds. :)

lapushka
March 19th, 2016, 06:46 AM
It's odd how it hangs differently every time - I get that as well. I think most people take pics when their hair is at their best. ;) It was brave of you to put those thinner ends online, but you had a shed, there's no denying that. It will grow back in, don't worry. And your last pic looks amazing! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
March 19th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Hello Sarah !

I just wanted to tell you that when I see your last picture (you on the chair with dark shirt and bun waves), I don't see anything strikingly different from the usual. If you haven't noticed a particularly heavy shedding lately, there is no reason why your ends should have evaporated into thin air. I think this is all a matter of light, color and background. On the blue shirt pic, your hair is largely displayed on your low back, and what is more : in a floaty way, with a lot of light going through and kind of cancelling the fine strands on the blue background. Whereas on the last pic, all your hair is neatly gathered with every individual strand clearly popping out of the black color. I think this is why there is such an optical effect of different thickness.

When I think about it, it reminds me of a trick that was used in the old time cinema : to create an illusion of some landscape background, they would film the actors in a studio room, on a totally blue background. This color seemed to have the power of being ignored and cancelled easily to be replaced by any other background (like a desert or a jungle, lol). So maybe this pale blue shirt has been acting like a "cancelling color" on your hair color, in the same way.

Well, I'm not a specialist of optical effects, but I think there is a great deal of it in your case. :flower:

You know, I think you are right - it's like they use "green screen" in modern movie making and then put the appropriate background in later. Isn't it incredible, the difference?

Sarah, still looks beautiful to me. I think Mimha's theory has valid points. You wear it up a lot so I suggest you keep going to classic & maintain then. When you want to wear it down wear darker tops. I know you dont want to cut it now and then you have the best of both worlds. :)

I will keep growing to Classic and then maintain for a while. And, yes, when I do wear my hair down (usually just for photos), I always wear black underneath to show my hair to best effect.

It's odd how it hangs differently every time - I get that as well. I think most people take pics when their hair is at their best. ;) It was brave of you to put those thinner ends online, but you had a shed, there's no denying that. It will grow back in, don't worry. And your last pic looks amazing! :D

Lapushka, I felt pretty nervous about putting that photo online. It kind of felt like my "beautiful" hair was actually fraudulent, somehow and now you all were going to see the reality of it. I felt bad because there are some who haveme as a hair inspiration and I thought "if they only could see what my hair REALLY looks like".... Also I was feeling down about my hair because it was the day before wash day, and I usually feel discouraged about it then, as it always looks it's worst then anyway. I always cheer up on wash day when it dries and it looks so much more how I like it to. Anyway, now none of you can deny that I do have thin ends! :p Anyway, my hair also REALLY looks like - the more usual pics I put here, so I guess I can keep choosing the better ones rather than the "this is how awful it can be" ones. Now that you have seen both sides, so to speak.

Arctic
March 19th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Sarah I think you will become even more of an inspiration. You are relateable to many people, and to see someone conquer big sheds or other problems, that is where the inspiration lives! And to see that even with thinner ends hair can be thudworthy, that too is good thing to remember for many of our member who struggle with fairytailing.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 19th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Sarah I think you will become even more of an inspiration. You are relateable to many people, and to see someone conquer big sheds or other problems, that is where the inspiration lives! And to see that even with thinner ends hair can be thudworthy, that too is good thing to remember for many of our member who struggle with fairytailing.

Aww, thank you! So many times I have wanted to chop but haven't done it, knowing that I couldn't bear to lose the length. But if it helps some to see that hair that they admire isn't perfect, but that it can still look ok , Well, that must help a little. Maybe we need a "show your hair at it's worst" thread. And I thank you all who have replied and supported me through my time here. I was having a bit of a hair meltdown yesterday. I get them every now and again.... I am grateful that you were all tactful enough to not say "oh that is so awful, you should chop 10" off" - because I might well have done it, being in the frame of mind I was in yesterday, and then I would be in despair and horrified shock today...

lapushka
March 19th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Lapushka, I felt pretty nervous about putting that photo online. It kind of felt like my "beautiful" hair was actually fraudulent, somehow and now you all were going to see the reality of it. I felt bad because there are some who haveme as a hair inspiration and I thought "if they only could see what my hair REALLY looks like".... Also I was feeling down about my hair because it was the day before wash day, and I usually feel discouraged about it then, as it always looks it's worst then anyway. I always cheer up on wash day when it dries and it looks so much more how I like it to. Anyway, now none of you can deny that I do have thin ends! :p Anyway, my hair also REALLY looks like - the more usual pics I put here, so I guess I can keep choosing the better ones rather than the "this is how awful it can be" ones. Now that you have seen both sides, so to speak.

Oh don't feel bad about it! It takes guts to put pictures online that aren't "perfection". Not everybody can and will do that. And it's not so bad, depending on the way it hangs. Take comfort in that. Maybe it was a fluke photo, you could tell yourself that! ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
March 19th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Oh don't feel bad about it! It takes guts to put pictures online that aren't "perfection". Not everybody can and will do that. And it's not so bad, depending on the way it hangs. Take comfort in that. Maybe it was a fluke photo, you could tell yourself that! ;)

Well, thank you for your kindness and support Lapushka :flowers: :crush:

lapushka
March 19th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Well, thank you for your kindness and support Lapushka :flowers: :crush:

I hope you reach classic soon and can maintain there to your heart's content. I'm maintaining classic ATM and it's a fun length to be at, but the before is nice too, so enjoy growing towards that goal as well! :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
March 19th, 2016, 04:01 PM
I hope you reach classic soon and can maintain there to your heart's content. I'm maintaining classic ATM and it's a fun length to be at, but the before is nice too, so enjoy growing towards that goal as well! :flower:

I generally do enjoy my hair every day. Except maybe the day before wash day :p I just trimmed a quarter inch this morning to keep everything even and tidy and in hope that some fairy magic will help it to reach classic all the faster :) I bet classic is a very fun length to be at.

My one issue with it is that when I first joined the LHC it (classic) was astoundingly long. Now it just seems meduim - long. I blame all the knee lengthers and beyond. It's all their fault!!! :p

Anyway I am looking forward to maintaining and seeing results from that.

Saige
March 20th, 2016, 08:44 PM
It was measuring day yesterday, so I took a length pic to see how far I have to go before I reach classic. I'm getting close! :joy:

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp200/Saige261/resized_zpsxnz5lbtf.jpg (http://s411.photobucket.com/user/Saige261/media/resized_zpsxnz5lbtf.jpg.html)

nakima
March 29th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Sarah, I think your hair is gorgeous! So thick and shiny! It looks to me like you have already reached classic if not your very close! I' m hoping to get there by the end of the year but I'm only at TBL so keeping fingers crossed lol!

nakima
March 29th, 2016, 04:49 PM
congratulations Saige! I can't see the pic but happy for you anyway :) I just measured and I'm at abt 37 inches and classic is abt 43 on me. I doubt I will make it by the end of the year but I will be close. I tend to grow a little more during the summer months so I'm still hopeful!

Saige
April 1st, 2016, 04:37 AM
congratulations Saige! I can't see the pic but happy for you anyway :) I just measured and I'm at abt 37 inches and classic is abt 43 on me. I doubt I will make it by the end of the year but I will be close. I tend to grow a little more during the summer months so I'm still hopeful!

Thanks nakima! :flowers:

You might make it to classic by the end of the year! 6 inches is average for 1 year and your hair looks like its in great shape in your avatar :) you can do it! :cheer:

Mimha
April 1st, 2016, 06:01 AM
(...)

Gosh, Sarah ! I think you have been struck by the most serious form of LHCitis ever : not only length is never long enough, but hair is never perfect enough either ! :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously : your ends are wonderful and I'm sure so many people would kill to have them ! And the ones who doubt your hair is real can just go on YouTube to watch your videos. I wouldn't call playing with the light and choosing your best pictures cheating. For me, to cheat is to dye your hair and pretend it's your natural color. Or to wear extensions and flaunt "your" thick long mane around, when that hair has grow on somebody else's head. Or to "photoshop" your pictures (I don't mean image resizing or contrasting, of course), purposely inflate or round up your specifications, or anything comparable.

This said, one can't prevent his ends getting noticeably thinner, sooner or later. Especially if you aim at terminal length. There is no terminal length if you don't let your hair uncut for at least a full growth time cycle, i.e. 4-5 to more than 10 years, depending on the person. Hair will necessarily taper to nothingness at the end (pun intended^^). Thin ends don't mean ugly damaged ends at all ! You can see tons of amazing examples of totally breathtaking fairytailed ends in here ! Your hair is healthy and beautiful and so are your ends. They look natural and give to your whole mane a perfect elegant flow. And considering your mane shape and thickness by now, you still have many many inches to grow before they disappear ! :)

And yes : knowing that somebody had been going through hardship for a long time and has finally been able to grow really beautiful hair is the best inspiration. It gives hope and it appears as a legitimate reward for his/her patience and good care. For me, it's not a problem to show your best pictures. I do show my best pictures too. (well, you know, I have a reputation to maintain...:pinktongue:). But I'm proud to say that this very day at this very time, my hair IRL was exactly like on the picture, even if I may have less glorious days also, like everybody.

... By the way, the idea of a "post your most bad hair day pics" thread could really play it down and and be so funny !! :D

Zesty
April 1st, 2016, 07:27 AM
... By the way, the idea of a "post your most bad hair day pics" thread could really play it down and and be so funny !! :D

I've been thinking about this, I think it would be fun. :)

WaitingSoLong
April 1st, 2016, 09:47 AM
Hello! I can be here again since I hit TBL again, though I am not necessarily growing to classic this time.

I think we should have a good/bad hair thread where people post side by sides so others can feel relieved that such beautiful hair can also look terrible sometimes! I feel like a fraud a lot like SarahL because I only post my best pics here. As soon as I move two inches it doesn't look like the photo anymore. I probably take twenty pictures to get one good one. My ends curl up crookedly after an hour or so no matter what I do so all my pics are usually from freshly washed/dried hair or involve paranda waves.

SarahL have you measured your taper like I did (see my blog from a couple days ago)? Mine tapers quite drastically. I think hair texture has a lot to do with the look of thinness. I never thought your hair thin at all, quite the opposite as I am so envious of your GIANT buns! Some taper is necessary for securing updos anyway.

One thing I do is to look at undesirable ends as expendable hair for necessary trims while growing out. If you trim it all off now, then what will you trim when it's been a year and needs some cleaning up? Good, thick hair. I'd rather trim hair I didn't want anyway, if that makes sense.

Maintaining at Classic is good (it will give me time to catch up to you LOL) :twisted:

missrandie
April 1st, 2016, 11:14 AM
I hadn't popped back in here in quite a while, but I gotta chime in with everybody else. Saralabyrinth, yes, your ends are thinner. Yes they look thinner on the light background. So what? I still think your hair is stunningly beautiful and always will. For pity sakes, you're regrowing a shed! It's gonna take time, and that is okay.

Mimha is definitely onto something with the optical illusion of the light versus the dark, and hair placement and organization.

I stand by the words, "gracefully tapering into a delicate hemline." If you would prefer I could compare your regrowth and your longest hem hairs to a wave already on the beach and the one yet to come in... :flower: :p

Sarahlabyrinth
April 1st, 2016, 02:53 PM
Gosh, Sarah ! I think you have been struck by the most serious form of LHCitis ever : not only length is never long enough, but hair is never perfect enough either ! :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously : your ends are wonderful and I'm sure so many people would kill to have them ! And the ones who doubt your hair is real can just go on YouTube to watch your videos. I wouldn't call playing with the light and choosing your best pictures cheating. For me, to cheat is to dye your hair and pretend it's your natural color. Or to wear extensions and flaunt "your" thick long mane around, when that hair has grow on somebody else's head. Or to "photoshop" your pictures (I don't mean image resizing or contrasting, of course), purposely inflate or round up your specifications, or anything comparable.

This said, one can't prevent his ends getting noticeably thinner, sooner or later. Especially if you aim at terminal length. There is no terminal length if you don't let your hair uncut for at least a full growth time cycle, i.e. 4-5 to more than 10 years, depending on the person. Hair will necessarily taper to nothingness at the end (pun intended^^). Thin ends don't mean ugly damaged ends at all ! You can see tons of amazing examples of totally breathtaking fairytailed ends in here ! Your hair is healthy and beautiful and so are your ends. They look natural and give to your whole mane a perfect elegant flow. And considering your mane shape and thickness by now, you still have many many inches to grow before they disappear ! :)

And yes : knowing that somebody had been going through hardship for a long time and has finally been able to grow really beautiful hair is the best inspiration. It gives hope and it appears as a legitimate reward for his/her patience and good care. For me, it's not a problem to show your best pictures. I do show my best pictures too. (well, you know, I have a reputation to maintain...:pinktongue:). But I'm proud to say that this very day at this very time, my hair IRL was exactly like on the picture, even if I may have less glorious days also, like everybody.

Thank you so much - you sure know how to cheer me up. Yes, we can be really hard on ourselves and see our hair in an over critical light. I sometimes see people here who say their hair is so blah blah blah and honestly, I see none of the faults they list. It may be that I am being over critical of my own hair.

Hello! I can be here again since I hit TBL again, though I am not necessarily growing to classic this time.

I think we should have a good/bad hair thread where people post side by sides so others can feel relieved that such beautiful hair can also look terrible sometimes! I feel like a fraud a lot like SarahL because I only post my best pics here. As soon as I move two inches it doesn't look like the photo anymore. I probably take twenty pictures to get one good one. My ends curl up crookedly after an hour or so no matter what I do so all my pics are usually from freshly washed/dried hair or involve paranda waves.

SarahL have you measured your taper like I did (see my blog from a couple days ago)? Mine tapers quite drastically. I think hair texture has a lot to do with the look of thinness. I never thought your hair thin at all, quite the opposite as I am so envious of your GIANT buns! Some taper is necessary for securing updos anyway.

One thing I do is to look at undesirable ends as expendable hair for necessary trims while growing out. If you trim it all off now, then what will you trim when it's been a year and needs some cleaning up? Good, thick hair. I'd rather trim hair I didn't want anyway, if that makes sense.

Maintaining at Classic is good (it will give me time to catch up to you LOL) :twisted:

WSL, I don't think I want to know the thickness of my ends, they are probably the diameter of a pencil.... I'm not going to measure that and make myself all depressed about it. I do certainly look upon my ends as expendable. They are there to shepherd and protect the rest of my hair as it grows down, kind of like an advance party for the rest of the hair. I don't know how long I will maintain at classic for, I may get sick of not seeing any length increase and keep growing. But we'll see :p

I hadn't popped back in here in quite a while, but I gotta chime in with everybody else. Saralabyrinth, yes, your ends are thinner. Yes they look thinner on the light background. So what? I still think your hair is stunningly beautiful and always will. For pity sakes, you're regrowing a shed! It's gonna take time, and that is okay.

Mimha is definitely onto something with the optical illusion of the light versus the dark, and hair placement and organization.

I stand by the words, "gracefully tapering into a delicate hemline." If you would prefer I could compare your regrowth and your longest hem hairs to a wave already on the beach and the one yet to come in... :flower: :p

I certainly am growing out from a shed, and that, sadly takes YEARS. I LOVE your wave on the beach analogy... :crush: Thank you.

WaitingSoLong
April 1st, 2016, 03:29 PM

Well done on the beach metaphor!:applause:applause:applause

nakima
April 1st, 2016, 03:43 PM
Thanks nakima! :flowers:

You might make it to classic by the end of the year! 6 inches is average for 1 year and your hair looks like its in great shape in your avatar :) you can do it! :cheer:

Thank you Saige for the compliment as well as the encouragement. I need it lol!

Red.
April 3rd, 2016, 02:17 PM
Here's my most recent length picture, possibly not the best I could have done because of hair blowing in the wind. But still, getting close again. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12446&attachmentid=22294

Phanaferous
April 3rd, 2016, 02:45 PM
Very pretty, Red! Looks like it's just about there to me.

lithostoic
April 3rd, 2016, 03:06 PM
Gorgeous hair, everyone ^-^

Sarahlabyrinth
April 3rd, 2016, 03:10 PM
Here's my most recent length picture, possibly not the best I could have done because of hair blowing in the wind. But still, getting close again. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12446&attachmentid=22294

Wow, gorgeous! ;)

parkmikii
April 4th, 2016, 12:05 AM

So gorgeous :o

WaitingSoLong
April 4th, 2016, 05:49 AM
OMGosh, Red, serious hair envy here!:thud:

MlleMC
April 4th, 2016, 10:52 AM
When my hair is wet, it looks like I've reached classic, but when it's dry I've still got an inch or so to go.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/mclairel/0wet.jpg

Sorry for the old PJs, I was heading to bed. :wink:

lapushka
April 4th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I'd say call it! I measure stretched as well. :)

nakima
April 4th, 2016, 12:23 PM
looks like classic to me but I know what you mean about it shrinking up when dry. In my head I'm not quite there yet, just another 1/2 inch... lol!

Red.
April 4th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Thank you everyone. :heart:

MlleMC
April 4th, 2016, 06:27 PM
It does look like I'm there, but according to my measuring tape, there's 1/2 inch missing. My ends look pretty bad, though (they look better than that in real life, but my phone camera isn't very good).

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/mclairel/IMG_20160404_184019109.jpg?t=1459729196

nakima
April 6th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Red. Your hair hair is gorgeous! :toast:

lapushka
April 6th, 2016, 12:38 PM
It does look like I'm there, but according to my measuring tape, there's 1/2 inch missing. My ends look pretty bad, though (they look better than that in real life, but my phone camera isn't very good).

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp1/mclairel/IMG_20160404_184019109.jpg?t=1459729196

I'd call that! :)

Saige
April 10th, 2016, 03:19 AM
Red, your hair is stunning! :thudpile:

*ReiKa*
April 13th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Joining this thread!

For a long time I was convinced I didn't want to grow to classic, but man, maintaining at TBL is soooo boring! So let's just let it grow where it wants to :)
I also dyed it pink/red recently and here's how it looks:

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12998523_10209552695160593_8451713702695568080_n.j pg?oh=aaf0b224e728a61c159fcfee683e640c&oe=57751361

Saige
April 13th, 2016, 08:38 PM
ReiKa, your hair looks fantastic! I absolutely love that colour!

cowgirllong
April 13th, 2016, 08:48 PM
ReiKa, that color is amazing!

I could never maintain my hair at one length for long. I start wanting the next length!

*ReiKa*
April 14th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Thanks girls :)

cowgirllong, I thought I was like that too, but something happened when I reached TBL... for a little while I *almost* had enough of growing, and actually cut it shorter (just a little longer than hip lenght)... but it grew back again and seeing it always at the same spot is, yeah, boring!
Now I think it's worth it to let it reach classic. If i don't like it, I can always cut back ;)

nakima
April 16th, 2016, 11:42 AM
That color looks great on your hair and love the ink!

Vanilla
April 17th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Just hit TBL! Looking forward to joining everyone here on the journey to classic.

heartgoesboom
April 19th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Joining this thread!

For a long time I was convinced I didn't want to grow to classic, but man, maintaining at TBL is soooo boring! So let's just let it grow where it wants to :)
I also dyed it pink/red recently and here's how it looks:

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12998523_10209552695160593_8451713702695568080_n.j pg?oh=aaf0b224e728a61c159fcfee683e640c&oe=57751361

I love your hair! Honestly, I think the only reason I ever wanted long hair was to have red hair and be Ariel 😂 But that won't ever happen!

I'm pretty sure I'm at classic right now with the little wisps of my V. And now I'm too scared to cut at all! But I feel it's a little crazy for me to go for a goal length of 😱 knee-length!!! Honestly I just keep my hair down most of the time... Probably not a good idea?

I haven't had a trim for a year now... Waiting until summer until I decide I guess!

littlestarface
April 19th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Thank you everyone. :heart:

You honestly have theee most beautiful hair I ever seen! Im so jealous of you!:crush:

Red.
April 19th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Thank you Saige and Nakima!

Littlestarface, your hair is so gorgeous. Really, the Chinese bun in your signature, the shine and thickness is really beautiful. Plus the length and texture makes it just perfect. If I could have anyone else's hair, it'd be yours for sure.

littlestarface
April 19th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Thank you Saige and Nakima!

Littlestarface, your hair is so gorgeous. Really, the Chinese bun in your signature, the shine and thickness is really beautiful. Plus the length and texture makes it just perfect. If I could have anyone else's hair, it'd be yours for sure.

Woah lol but your hair is perfect tho! I always feel inadequate when I see your pictures :o I love the red the waves its so breathtaking.

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 04:38 PM
Well, I have waited many years to say this, but I am officially graduating today to the TBL to Classic thread. I am so excited and happy to be here. Hi everybody!! I have lurked on this thread quite a bit, perhaps thinking that gee, maybe if I look at enough TBL to Classic pics, then I will give my hair a clue as to where I am hoping it will grow!! LOL!! It's wonderful to be here!! My siggy pic was taken today with my Pookie... my little buddy. :happydance:

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 04:54 PM
Well, I have waited many years to say this, but I am officially graduating today to the TBL to Classic thread. I am so excited and happy to be here. Hi everybody!! I have lurked on this thread quite a bit, perhaps thinking that gee, maybe if I look at enough TBL to Classic pics, then I will give my hair a clue as to where I am hoping it will grow!! LOL!! It's wonderful to be here!! My siggy pic was taken today with my Pookie... my little buddy. :happydance:

I was so busy looking at your hemline I missed Pookie (cute!):laugh:
So glad for you ~ happy growing :flowers:

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 05:01 PM
I was so busy looking at your hemline I missed Pookie (cute!):laugh:
So glad for you ~ happy growing :flowers:

Hi GG!! :joy::waving: Thanks again so much!! :blossom::blossom: Pookie said to say hello to you!! :puppy:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 05:04 PM

Heeyyy!!! Look at you! Here in the super-fun TBL to Classic thread! It's the best thread I've been in yet! So happy to see you here! Your hair is looking so fabulous too, lovely! :happydance:

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 05:09 PM
Hi GG!! :joy::waving: Thanks again so much!! :blossom::blossom: Pookie said to say hello to you!! :puppy:

And my Penny says hello to you both :waving:

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 05:11 PM
Heeyyy!!! Look at you! Here in the super-fun TBL to Classic thread! It's the best thread I've been in yet! So happy to see you here! Your hair is looking so fabulous too, lovely! :happydance:

Thank you Sarahlabyrinth!! I am so excited to be here! I have some serious hair envy growing (lol) as I lurk through all the photos here on this thread, with your siggy pic being very gorgeous!! Thanks for saying hi and for your wonderful welcome... As a fellow iii it gets very hot and heavy, doesn't it?? Any survival tips? My hair has never been this long before and with it being so thick, which yes, it is a blessing, imo, but also creates a whole new can of difficulties.... the first being .... how do you sleep with such long hair? What do you do on hot days? Do you use any special conditioners on the length for a leave in? Lots of questions here! ;)

Hi Penny!! What kind of pup is your Penny GG? Pooks just had a serious puppy cut last week so he is a bit embarassed right now.. He has that long maltese hair that grows down his sides, but due to more baths needed in the summer ... we cut his lovely (straight!!) hair into a puppy cut with some clippers. I cut his hair instead of mine... lol But he says he is really alot faster/streamline now on our walks, and he looks younger...lol

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 05:15 PM
Hi Penny!! What kind of pup is your Penny GG?

She is a Shih Tzu (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/grichardocds/media/penny/penny%202014b_zpsqr4gzmvq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 05:17 PM
Yes, it does get very hot :) What I do is:

Wear it up!
Wear it in a sleeping cap to sleep, then it gets in nobody's way and is tangle free in the morning, a big plus.
I use moisturising conditioners, mineral oil and SMTs on the ends, something very moisturising at any rate every time I wash it, and often put MO on damp hair after washing too. Anything and everything I can to give moisture, given that my ends are old and dyed, to boot :) I want my hair to be as happy as it is able to be.

We longhairs have to share the tricks of the trade :p

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 05:19 PM
She is a Shih Tzu (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/grichardocds/media/penny/penny%202014b_zpsqr4gzmvq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5)

Penny could be Pookie's sister!! Pooks is part Shih Tzu/maltese... Your Penny is darling! Looks like she has Pookie's same fur coat... What a cutiepie! :p Thank you for sharing her pic!! :o

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 05:23 PM
Penny could be Pookie's sister!! Pooks is part Shih Tzu/maltese... Your Penny is darling! Looks like she has Pookie's same fur coat... What a cutiepie! :p Thank you for sharing her pic!! :o

Thank you ~ and what a cute breed combo for pookie :)

He looks like he may be lighter than Penny; what you can't see is her Dad's caramel highlights, and her Mom's black hair translates to gray tips on her back and ears when it grows out.

She actually was all black as a baby (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/grichardocds/media/penny/penny400_zpsdquzqquq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0) with a white belly and copper ears

*Back on topic (ugh how I digress these days ) :o

What changed your mind to go longer vs maintaining at TBL or cutting back to hip that you considered?

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 05:24 PM

Wear it up!
Wear it in a sleeping cap to sleep, then it gets in nobody's way and is tangle free in the morning, a big plus.
I use moisturising conditioners, mineral oil and SMTs on the ends, something very moisturising at any rate every time I wash it, and often put MO on damp hair after washing too. Anything and everything I can to give moisture, given that my ends are old and dyed, to boot :) I want my hair to be as happy as it is able to be.

A sleeping cap might be an excellent investment. So far, I just always do a two strand side braid over my left shoulder with some evoo or sweet almond oil on the tassel everynight, but recently, the braid has been getting caught under my armpit or strangling me! Or hitting my DH when I flip it over my back... he is not liking this one bit if I wake him up this way...lol... All this is new for me... Such long hair problems... lol... Thank you for sharing your routine... off to Sally's ... for that satin sleep cap!! :run:

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 05:30 PM
Thank you ~ and what a cute breed combo for pookie :)

He looks like he may be lighter than Penny; what you can't see is her Dad's caramel highlights, and her Mom's black hair translates to gray tips on her back and ears when it grows out.

She actually was all black as a baby (http://s40.photobucket.com/user/grichardocds/media/penny/penny400_zpsdquzqquq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0) with a white belly and copper ears

*Back on topic (ugh how I digress these days ) :o

What changed your mind to go longer vs maintaining at TBL or cutting back to hip that you considered?

OMG She is soooo cute~ How darling with those eyes!! I just want to kiss her inbetween those floppy ears...lol Or as someone said once when Pookie was in a shopping cart at a store with his paws on the top edge and standing up on his hind legs so he wouldn't miss anything...."Oh good grief!" ... I think these little guys are so lucky with that cuteness factor... DH says that Pooks is a "babe magnet" since whenever he is holding Pookie in a store, I look up and he is surrounded by women/girls saying how cute Pookie is...lol... hmmmm :hmm:

Well, cutting back to hip was never really something I was considering- but maintaining at TBL until those last 2-3 inches of layers had gotten trimmed out-- that was the plan. The thinner last 2-3 inches of layers are still bugging me, but they are not split or too frizzy, so I just think I should "grow" for as long as I can. Eventually I hope to maintain at classic and trim out those thinner layers.... I wear it up usually everyday, so I guess it doesn't make much difference if it is at TBL or Classic.... but we shall see. I have a feeling that classic will be very hot and heavy for me, so I might be back to TBL if it gets to be too much or too tangly. I have at least a year to think about it before I grow/if I can grow? :shrug::hmm::undecided:ponder::pray: to classic... thanks for asking....;)

littlestarface
April 21st, 2016, 06:03 PM
OoOo congratulations longcurlytress! Your hair is beautiful :crush: Im so happy for you! Welcome to this thread.. Note im here cuz almost everyone who has this length has the most thud worthy hair here!!! XDDDDD

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 06:52 PM
OoOo congratulations longcurlytress! Your hair is beautiful :crush: Im so happy for you! Welcome to this thread.. Note im here cuz almost everyone who has this length has the most thud worthy hair here!!! XDDDDD

Thank you sooo much!! LOL!! I hope I can follow in your footsteps/er hair steps with your gorgeous length!! :o

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 06:55 PM
Thank you sooo much!! LOL!! I hope I can follow in your footsteps/er hair steps with your gorgeous length!! :o

Your length is already gorgeous so you'll have no problems there :)

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 06:59 PM

Oh!! You are so sweet!! I hope so!! My hair usually has a mind of its own.... I hope it behaves from now on!!! :rolleyes:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 07:01 PM
If it's like mine you will have to bash it into submission every so often to show it who's boss :p

Out of curiosity what's your circumference? Your hair looks way thicker than mine :)

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 07:14 PM
If it's like mine you will have to bash it into submission every so often to show it who's boss :p

Out of curiosity what's your circumference? Your hair looks way thicker than mine :)

LOL!! "bash it into submission" :p too funny!! My circumference was 4.5 when it was at bsl and waist, but then I lost some hair due to alot of shedding from coconut oil/detangling battles... the C Oil dried hard on my ends and then when I detangled with conditioner in the shower it felt like my ends were glued together... so I shed alot and am now at 4 inches in circumference. Also, my hair was alot frizzier/bushier without the length pulling it down, so that might be part of how it was thicker, but there was alot of shedding. Now I just use evoo or sweet almond oil on the braid tassel at night and that doesn't glue my ends together. yay! It took me awhile to figure all this out...What is your circumference in inches? Your hair has to be at least 4 inches if not more!!

Just curious... who are some of the LHCers that are your long hair inspiration on this thread? Or out in the real world? Sanna Gustavsson and the girls in the Prousia Band are some of my favorites with very thick curly hair that keep me motivated to keep on growin'!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ajZru-JIg3r8rvpj7BjlA

https://www.youtube.com/user/parousiachannel

(I am a credentialed teacher, so I love to add audiovisuals to my posts for fun!)

Oh wait... I just realized that some of you might be MY long hair inspiration!! LOL!

littlestarface
April 21st, 2016, 07:15 PM

Agreed! infact your hair will look waaay better then mine at this length for you lol, im so jealous!:o

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 07:17 PM
Mine was 4.25" last time I measured about a year ago. I'm sure you will regain what you lost. I had a big shed and went down to 3.5" and now have regained the thickness, though it has not yet reached my ends.

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 07:47 PM
Agreed! infact your hair will look waaay better then mine at this length for you lol, im so jealous!:o

Thank you so much littlestarface!! I am not so sure if it will, but I really appreciate your encouragement. :joy:

Mine was 4.25" last time I measured about a year ago. I'm sure you will regain what you lost. I had a big shed and went down to 3.5" and now have regained the thickness, though it has not yet reached my ends.

OH wow! That must have been so scary for you to shed down to 3.5"... did you ever figure out what caused this? I have heard that stress can cause hair shedding about 6 months after the stressful situation happens... Recently, I have had some family/life "stuff" going on so now I am eating my protein faithfully hoping I can avoid any stress shedding down the road. shudder: This is probably how my hair grew so quickly since Mid March when I trimmed off an inch back to 35inches... but already I am now back to 36 inches plus!! (from all the protein and huge herbal tea cups I have been powering in...lol -- lots of water...;)

littlestarface
April 21st, 2016, 07:52 PM
Thank you so much littlestarface!! I am not so sure if it will, but I really appreciate your encouragement. :joy:

OH wow! That must have been so scary for you to shed down to 3.5"... did you ever figure out what caused this? I have heard that stress can cause hair shedding about 6 months after the stressful situation happens... Recently, I have had some family/life "stuff" going on so now I am eating my protein faithfully hoping I can avoid any stress shedding down the road. shudder:

Yea! You have beautiful curls I bet since your a 3b, itll look so gorgeous at FTL! Do you have any pics of your curly hair:whistle:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 08:05 PM

OH wow! That must have been so scary for you to shed down to 3.5"... did you ever figure out what caused this? I have heard that stress can cause hair shedding about 6 months after the stressful situation happens... Recently, I have had some family/life "stuff" going on so now I am eating my protein faithfully hoping I can avoid any stress shedding down the road. shudder: This is probably how my hair grew so quickly since Mid March when I trimmed off an inch back to 35inches... but already I am now back to 36 inches plus!! (from all the protein and huge herbal tea cups I have been powering in...lol -- lots of water...;)

I certainly knew what caused it. I had to gather the courage to leave my abusive husband with what I could carry in the car, drive across the country, find somewhere to live and a new job. A couple of days later someone smashed into my (parked) car.... The stress was terrible, I was having almost constant nosebleeds too.....am still battling my ex to get a property settlement as he wants to keep everything for himself. A court date could still be a year off yet. Sigh. Anyway, my hair was coming out in great clumps every day for about six weeks and it was horrific. I left him in January 2013 and the hair began shedding in March.

I am re married now to the most wonderful man and my life is bliss....

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 08:09 PM
Yea! You have beautiful curls I bet since your a 3b, itll look so gorgeous at FTL! Do you have any pics of your curly hair:whistle:

Thank you so much! I do have some long curly hair pics, but from when my hair was shorter. I had some albums here on LHC but had some concerns with getting the photos stolen and reposted on the internet, so I deleted the albums. Sorry! :( It makes me happy that you are so interested... I will update my Avatar now... thats a good idea lol... This current avatar pic is from June, 2014 so almost 2 years ago...

I certainly knew what caused it. I had to gather the courage to leave my abusive husband with what I could carry in the car, drive across the country, find somewhere to live and a new job. A couple of days later someone smashed into my (parked) car.... The stress was terrible, I was having almost constant nosebleeds too.....am still battling my ex to get a property settlement as he wants to keep everything for himself. A court date could still be a year off yet. Sigh. Anyway, my hair was coming out in great clumps every day for about six weeks and it was horrific. I left him in January 2013 and the hair began shedding in March.

OMG Saralabyrnth! How horrible!! I am so sorry you had to go through this horrible ordeal!! How can your x get everything from the devorce? Where you live, Australia, right? Are there equal property laws among married couples? Here in Calif we own eveything equally, even my DHs retirement plan!! LOL... maybe that is what keeps him around? Well, like they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and apparently your hair stronger and more beautiful too. You are one tough lady! I am so happy for you that you have been blessed with a wonderful loving man. This is what/who you deserve in your life. Hugs!! :blossom:

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 08:51 PM
OMG She is soooo cute~ How darling with those eyes!! I just want to kiss her inbetween those floppy ears...lol Or as someone said once when Pookie was in a shopping cart at a store with his paws on the top edge and standing up on his hind legs so he wouldn't miss anything...."Oh good grief!" ... I think these little guys are so lucky with that cuteness factor... DH says that Pooks is a "babe magnet" since whenever he is holding Pookie in a store, I look up and he is surrounded by women/girls saying how cute Pookie is...lol... hmmmm :hmm:

Well, cutting back to hip was never really something I was considering- but maintaining at TBL until those last 2-3 inches of layers had gotten trimmed out-- that was the plan. The thinner last 2-3 inches of layers are still bugging me, but they are not split or too frizzy, so I just think I should "grow" for as long as I can. Eventually I hope to maintain at classic and trim out those thinner layers.... I wear it up usually everyday, so I guess it doesn't make much difference if it is at TBL or Classic.... but we shall see. I have a feeling that classic will be very hot and heavy for me, so I might be back to TBL if it gets to be too much or too tangly. I have at least a year to think about it before I grow/if I can grow? :shrug::hmm::undecided:ponder::pray: to classic... thanks for asking....;)

LOL about pookie being a babe magnet; I can see that happening!

Thanks~ Penny's eyes caught my heart too in that picture, and when I saw it....I knew she was to be ours :crush:

Oh yes...it was TBL for you!
Sure ...if your hair is fine....'grow' for it :wink:
Being up will be helpful, and it is long enough not to affect your buns negatively.
My length was shorter and my hair fine, so I could see and feel it at shorter lengths.
You'll know as your grow :thumbsup:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 09:00 PM
Thank you so much! I do have some long curly hair pics, but from when my hair was shorter. I had some albums here on LHC but had some concerns with getting the photos stolen and reposted on the internet, so I deleted the albums. Sorry! :( It makes me happy that you are so interested... I will update my Avatar now... thats a good idea lol... This current avatar pic is from June, 2014 so almost 2 years ago...

OMG Saralabyrnth! How horrible!! I am so sorry you had to go through this horrible ordeal!! How can your x get everything from the devorce? Where you live, Australia, right? Are there equal property laws among married couples? Here in Calif we own eveything equally, even my DHs retirement plan!! LOL... maybe that is what keeps him around? Well, like they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and apparently your hair stronger and more beautiful too. You are one tough lady! I am so happy for you that you have been blessed with a wonderful loving man. This is what/who you deserve in your life. Hugs!! :blossom:

Thanks - yes, I do feel stronger now. Sometimes we don't know how strong we can be until we "have" to face something. Yes, the law here in New Zealand stipulates that husband and wife split property 50/50 each when divorcing. Ex- husband thinks he is above the law and can do as he pleases....

littlestarface
April 21st, 2016, 09:07 PM

Woowzas you have some serious curls! I really love curls and they look amazing when long and short too! Good luck on your hair journey sweetness!

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 09:07 PM
LOL about pookie being a babe magnet; I can see that happening!

Thanks~ Penny's eyes caught my heart too in that picture, and when I saw it....I knew she was to be ours :crush:

Oh I can only imagine when you saw her puppy face! There is no way you could resist!! What a doll. :)

Oh yes...it was TBL for you!
Sure ...if your hair is fine....'grow' for it :wink:
Being up will be helpful, and it is long enough not to affect your buns negatively.
My length was shorter and my hair fine, so I could see and feel it at shorter lengths.
You'll know as your grow :thumbsup:

Ya... once it is up in a damp bun, I don't think about the ends and benign neglect takes over... It's when I leave it down that the thinner ends bother me... so I will just wear it up all the time. I can experiment with braided buns now, so that will be fun to try new ones. And with our hot summer around the corner, it will be up and off my neck everyday... I love to damp bun during the summer since it keeps me a bit cooler... The secret for me is to keep it up in a bun so I don't start playing with the ends or brushing it. I could see how thinner ends at a shorter length would affect buns negatively, so that makes good sense. We do what we have to do... :disco: I guess!! ;)

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 09:12 PM
Ya... I once it is up in a damp bun, I don't think about the ends and benign neglect takes over... It's when I leave it down that the thinner ends bother me... so I will just wear it up all the time. I can experiment with braided buns now, so that will be fun to try new ones. And with our hot summer around the corner, it will be up and off my neck everyday... I love to damp bun during the summer since it keeps me a bit cooler... The secret for me is to keep it up in a bun so I don't start playing with the ends or brushing it. I could see how thinner ends at a shorter length would affect buns negatively, so that makes good sense. We do what we have to do... :disco: I guess!! ;)

You guess right...especially for our beloved locks :eyebrows:

Summer will help us all gain some length!

In fact I was thinking again tonight to just stop trimming until Fall and see how my hair feels then.

Who knows...I may catch another LHC BUG and even grow longer in spite of myself :p

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 09:14 PM
Thanks - yes, I do feel stronger now. Sometimes we don't know how strong we can be until we "have" to face something. Yes, the law here in New Zealand stipulates that husband and wife split property 50/50 each when divorcing. Ex- husband thinks he is above the law and can do as he pleases....

Oh New Zealand! I knew from your videos that you had a cool accent! ;) It sounds like your dumb x is an idiot!! Ugh... good luck with all that~~:blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 09:14 PM
GG I can see I will just have to come over and hide your scissors! :eyebrows:

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 09:19 PM
You guess right...especially for our beloved locks :eyebrows:

Summer will help us all gain some length!

In fact I was thinking again tonight to just stop trimming until Fall and see how my hair feels then.

Who knows...I may catch another LHC BUG and even grow longer in spite of myself :p

You are so cute!! Maybe I can be a good influence on you!! Your hair would be gorgeous at BCL or TBL or longer!! ;) with your silvers and waves... Just sayin'... :cheer:

@ Saralabyrnth... Please stop by and get me in Calif on your way over to hide GG's scissors on the east coast!! I wanna go to! PS You might need my help!! :p

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 09:19 PM
Oh New Zealand! I knew from your videos that you had a cool accent! ;) It sounds like your dumb x is an idiot!! Ugh... good luck with all that~~:knuckle:

Thanks. It's frustrating that the process of getting a court date is taking so long but the legal system places priority on looking after couples divorcing who have children, so the x and I are permanently on the bottom of the pile :rolleyes: It would be nice to feel free from him, it's been 3 and a half years waiting already. Even when the judge does make a decision for us, my x has an automatic right to appeal the decision... I heard of a couple for whom it took seven years to get a settlement, heaven forbid.....

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 09:21 PM
GG I can see I will just have to come over and hide your scissors! :eyebrows:

ROFLOL :laugh: what an enabler!

Well it was YOU that convinced me not to trim until the Summer Solstice as it is :wink:

If I wait until Fall....with my short torso I will be close to BCL/TBL because they are almost one and the same and just a couple inches from Hip.

So it may just creep up on me being up and out of sight; when it is down it is on my mind I and overthink it :p

Sarah ~ I am so happy you have met the love of your life, and pray for a speedy/fair resolution with your ex :flowers:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 09:23 PM

Well it was YOU that convinced me not to trim until the Summer Solstice as it is :wink:

If I wait until Fall....with my short torso I will be close to BCL/TBL because they are almost one and the same and just a couple inches from Hip.

So it may just creep up on me being up and out of sight; when it is down it is on my mind I and overthink it :p

Sarah ~ I am so happy you have met the love of your life, and pray for a speedy/fair resolution with your ex :flowers:

Thank you ;) I am praying for it also, and may it be fair for both parties. I am trusting for a good result and I have an excellent barrister working for me too :)

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 09:31 PM
Thank you ;) I am praying for it also, and may it be fair for both parties. I am trusting for a good result and I have an excellent barrister working for me too :)

Amen :pray:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 09:33 PM
LCT, I will come and pick you up - GG won't be able to fight the two of us :p

LongCurlyTress
April 21st, 2016, 09:35 PM
Woowzas you have some serious curls! I really love curls and they look amazing when long and short too! Good luck on your hair journey sweetness!

Thank you so much!! I shed alot less when I let my hair dry detangled and combed out in a lwb... otherwise my curls get tangled and I shed alot during detangling... ;( so unless I am going to something special, I leave it to dry straighter/wavier in a lwb... It gets very hot and heavy if I leave it down, so a lwb is usually my bff... ;)

Thanks. It's frustrating that the process of getting a court date is taking so long but the legal system places priority on looking after couples divorcing who have children, so the x and I are permanently on the bottom of the pile :rolleyes: It would be nice to feel free from him, it's been 3 and a half years waiting already. Even when the judge does make a decision for us, my x has an automatic right to appeal the decision... I heard of a couple for whom it took seven years to get a settlement, heaven forbid.....

Oh no! I hope it doesn't take you much longer to get things squared away with your x. Well, at least you have a happy fella now in your life who loves you so much. I bet he loves your long hair!!

GG-- you could always cut back to hip/tbl if you find that you don't enjoy the longer lengths... Just for fun... ;) It's not like, unfortunately!! that we wake up with our hair 6 inches longer... it creeps up on us... lol... so you can always trim back if you don't like your hair so long... just sayin' .. . and keeping it up in a bun or a french braid is the real secret to benigh neglect. ... ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 21st, 2016, 09:39 PM
I think he does - he doesn't often say much about it. But he is supportive for me with however I want my hair. He told me that even floor length wouldn't bother him if I wanted it that long, he is happy as long as I am happy :) He's a keeper ;)

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 09:43 PM
Thank you so much!! I shed alot less when I let my hair dry detangled and combed out in a lwb... otherwise my curls get tangled and I shed alot during detangling... ;( so unless I am going to something special, I leave it to dry straighter/wavier in a lwb... It gets very hot and heavy if I leave it down, so a lwb is usually my bff... ;)

GG-- you could always cut back to hip/tbl if you find that you don't enjoy the longer lengths... Just for fun... ;) It's not like, unfortunately!! that we wake up with our hair 6 inches longer... it creeps up on us... lol... so you can always trim back if you don't like your hair so long... just sayin' .. . and keeping it up in a bun or a french braid is the real secret to benigh neglect. ... ;)

I love LWBs :thumbsup:

I could easily grow through to Fall...or Christmas; I checked my ends a few days ago and they are fine (I never split).

Just when I thought I was almost done :P

I can give it a shot....and always trim it back if I don't like it.

I must admit that other's opinions are in the back of my head when it comes to longer lengths than hip...because you don't see that here.
In fact I am already the longest length for my age in my area/Church.

Looks like I need to work on that aspect of confidence :hmm:

Shame on you....another naughty enabler :p

littlestarface
April 21st, 2016, 09:47 PM
I cant do lwb to save my life.

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2016, 09:49 PM

You have a lot of hair!

What buns do you do?

littlestarface
April 21st, 2016, 10:00 PM
You have a lot of hair!

What buns do you do?

I can only do one and thats just gathering all the hair on topish my head and twist it around in a coil and use 2 3 spin pins lol and it still tries to unravel. My hair does more better with braids.

LongCurlyTress
April 22nd, 2016, 08:35 AM
I think he does - he doesn't often say much about it. But he is supportive for me with however I want my hair. He told me that even floor length wouldn't bother him if I wanted it that long, he is happy as long as I am happy :) He's a keeper ;)

Yes!! Quite a sweetiepie you have there! But.... I do think men secretly love long hair... but, like yours, mine would never tell me what to do with my hair...I think long hair is much more feminine and they feel more manly with a woman with long hair...just sayin'....Plus, my hubbie is noticing other men looking at me with my hair longer now.... I have gained weight, so it certainly isn't my trim figure they are checking out.... lol....:( My hubbie loves it when I drape my length over his shoulder... or elsewhere....tee hee... sometimes I pretend he has long hair too and he has fun with that... he can be a rockstar for a minute with my hair over his shoulder!! Lets just say, we get a little crazy with that coconut oil....tee hee....:O

I love LWBs :thumbsup:

My go to bun!!

I could easily grow through to Fall...or Christmas; I checked my ends a few days ago and they are fine (I never split).

Just when I thought I was almost done :P

I can give it a shot....and always trim it back if I don't like it.

I must admit that other's opinions are in the back of my head when it comes to longer lengths than hip...because you don't see that here.
In fact I am already the longest length for my age in my area/Church.

Looks like I need to work on that aspect of confidence :hmm:

Shame on you....another naughty enabler :p

I think if you put your hair in a bun, it is better for the confidence. I usually always wear my hair in a bun, but especially out in public. I love long hair, but don't want women with shorter hair scrutinizing me and staring at me... just not worth it. Maybe try to bun for church? That way the old biddies with their curl up and dye hair won't be cackling... lol!! ;)

Do you watch any tutorial videos? Lemme see if I can find one to help you learn a lwb... this was one that really helped me learn how to do it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltIpMdKZu9g

I can only do one and thats just gathering all the hair on topish my head and twist it around in a coil and use 2 3 spin pins lol and it still tries to unravel. My hair does more better with braids.

I hope you give the lwb some more practice. Although, I am finding that a cinnamon bun with two claw clips is alot easier to do these days with less pulling on scalp hairs due to the bun weight... good luck!! :o

littlestarface
April 22nd, 2016, 08:39 AM
Yes!! Quite a sweetiepie you have there! But.... I do think men secretly love long hair... but, like yours, mine would never tell me what to do with my hair...I think long hair is much more feminine and they feel more manly with a woman with long hair...just sayin'....Plus, my hubbie is noticing other men looking at me with my hair longer now.... I have gained weight, so it certainly isn't my trim figure they are checking out.... lol....:( My hubbie loves it when I drape my length over his shoulder... or elsewhere....tee hee... sometimes I pretend he has long hair too and he has fun with that... he can be a rockstar for a minute with my hair over his shoulder!! Lets just say, we get a little crazy with that coconut oil....tee hee....:O

I think if you put your hair in a bun, it is better for the confidence. I usually always wear my hair in a bun, but especially out in public. I love long hair, but don't want women with shorter hair scrutinizing me and staring at me... just not worth it. Maybe try to bun for church? That way the old biddies with their curl up and dye hair won't be cackling... lol!! ;)

Do you watch any tutorial videos? Lemme see if I can find one to help you learn a lwb... this was one that really helped me learn how to do it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltIpMdKZu9g

I hope you give the lwb some more practice. Although, I am finding that a cinnamon bun with two claw clips is alot easier to do these days with less pulling on scalp hairs due to the bun weight... good luck!! :o

Yeh I watched, practiced, cant do it lol. Im the type where if I have to learn something hard I wont do it again. I tend to lean back on easy stuff cuz I is lazy:p

Groovy Granny
April 22nd, 2016, 08:45 AM

I have felt that way with it up and down....so it is just me being self conscious (and not all the time, so I will get over it) :o

They will be cackling anyway :p

LongCurlyTress
April 22nd, 2016, 08:59 AM
I have felt that way with it up and down....so it is just me being self conscious (and not all the time, so I will get over it) :o

They will be cackling anyway :p

I hate that when women are so mean and jealous of other women... or are critical of other women... and this is going on in church? Seems these cackling witchy women need to hear a few more sermons about being kind to each other!! Geesh!! :rolleyes:

Yeh I watched, practiced, cant do it lol. Im the type where if I have to learn something hard I wont do it again. I tend to lean back on easy stuff cuz I is lazy:p

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it took me a lot of practicing to learn the lwb and the pinless nautilus. I also like a braided cinammon bun but this is about as fancy as I get. Really, if you practice the lwb... it will get easier.. when do your problems start while you are making it? You will need to do several wraps around the post with your length but with ftl, I can see how it might be a little ungainly to make a lwb feel secure.... (I can't wait until this happens to me!!) :hmm:

littlestarface
April 22nd, 2016, 09:07 AM
I hate that when women are so mean and jealous of other women... or are critical of other women... and this is going on in church? Seems these cackling witchy women need to hear a few more sermons about being kind to each other!! Geesh!! :rolleyes:

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it took me a lot of practicing to learn the lwb and the pinless nautilus. I also like a braided cinammon bun but this is about as fancy as I get. Really, if you practice the lwb... it will get easier.. when do your problems start while you are making it? You will need to do several wraps around the post with your length but with ftl, I can see how it might be a little ungainly to make a lwb feel secure.... (I can't wait until this happens to me!!) :hmm:

Its the twisting and the finger positions that I cant get :o I see it being done but I cant do it on meself.

LongCurlyTress
April 22nd, 2016, 09:27 AM
Its the twisting and the finger positions that I cant get :o I see it being done but I cant do it on meself.

Are you twisting your hair into a nape lengthponytail? ... I go counterclockwise since I am a righty... until your scalp hair feels pretty snug? Not pulling or uncomfortable, but kind of hugging your scalp? then do the finger wrap after that...sometimes I get wild...lol and just wrap my hair around two fingers and then pull the tail through the center of the bun and gently pull to make it stay. I think this might be called a celtic bun, but I am not sure.... I dont use any sticks to hold this... and with your length, it would definitely stay on its own. then I wrap the tail around and under the bun. Just to clarify, I do use a hairstick to hold the lwb and even the nautilus to make it feel more secure.

Pearly~91
April 22nd, 2016, 09:44 AM

I can't do a normal LWB that is comfortable or that stays. I do this variation instead. Youtube link. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q77ARorldc) It works far better for me. Sorry that it's in German. My very limited German skills tell me that it is Haartraum's Wrap-bun Hairstyle :)

LongCurlyTress
April 22nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
I can't do a normal LWB that is comfortable or that stays. I do this variation instead. Youtube link. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q77ARorldc) It works far better for me. Sorry that it's in German. My very limited German skills tell me that it is Haartraum's Wrap-bun Hairstyle :)

Love her hair!! She is a long hair goddessa imo!! Great video too. This might be the exact one that taught me how to make a lwb. ;)

littlestarface----All I can say is that you must be doing something right to have your hair at ftl, so don't worry about the lwb...;)

littlestarface
April 22nd, 2016, 10:16 AM
Are you twisting your hair into a nape lengthponytail? ... I go counterclockwise since I am a righty... until your scalp hair feels pretty snug? Not pulling or uncomfortable, but kind of hugging your scalp? then do the finger wrap after that...sometimes I get wild...lol and just wrap my hair around two fingers and then pull the tail through the center of the bun and gently pull to make it stay. I think this might be called a celtic bun, but I am not sure.... I dont use any sticks to hold this... and with your length, it would definitely stay on its own. then I wrap the tail around and under the bun. Just to clarify, I do use a hairstick to hold the lwb and even the nautilus to make it feel more secure.

I usually start my bun at the crown? that space right below the top of the head. I twist it and try to go over but that part gets me everytime, it all comes tumbling down after that step hahaha.

littlestarface
April 22nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
Love her hair!! She is a long hair goddessa imo!! Great video too. This might be the exact one that taught me how to make a lwb. ;)

littlestarface----All I can say is that you must be doing something right to have your hair at ftl, so don't worry about the lwb...;)

Ima check out this german chick to see if its easier for me that way.

Nevermind nope cant do it.

MlleMC
April 22nd, 2016, 11:03 AM

Wear it up!

I don't know how you can wear a sleep cap in hot weather though. Yesterday, it was 20C (probably much less at night) and my sleep cap felt so hot. I can't imagine wearing this summer when the weather gets above 30.

Kimberly
April 22nd, 2016, 12:38 PM

That looks like my usual bun, though mine isn't as big and I usually poke the stick or fork actually through the outside loop instead of over it. It can puff up and look bigger that way. I always figured that I would have a giant bun at this length, without airy illusion, but didn't think about taper.

LongCurlyTress
April 22nd, 2016, 12:58 PM
Ima check out this german chick to see if its easier for me that way.

Nevermind nope cant do it.

AWWWW !!!! Well, whatever you are doing looks like it is working for you to be at ftl... so ... dont worry! As it is, sometimes the lwb hurts my scalp hairs now when I damp bun... from the weight of the wet hair... so maybe you aren't missing out on anything??? It seems that many with very long hair and very thick hair just do a long braid.... :D

I don't know how you can wear a sleep cap in hot weather though. Yesterday, it was 20C (probably much less at night) and my sleep cap felt so hot. I can't imagine wearing this summer when the weather gets above 30.
Yes! I am wondering about the same thing... but I have to do something or my braid will strangle me lol!

That looks like my usual bun, though mine isn't as big and I usually poke the stick or fork actually through the outside loop instead of over it. It can puff up and look bigger that way. I always figured that I would have a giant bun at this length, without airy illusion, but didn't think about taper.

Taper... ugh...;( don't even ask.. LOL! :rolleyes:

I am still feeling like a spy on this thread...lol.... :pIt is so strange to think that I really do belong here!! LOL!

Groovy Granny
April 22nd, 2016, 01:17 PM
LOL I just spotted this; the thread moved along so fast talking about LWBs
NO need...I am on board....to TBL :wink:

Yep...at Church; not a friendly bunch at all...unless you were born in this town :p
I'm happy keeping to myself....and now that I am aware of my thoughts, I will redirect them....to GROWTH :cheer:

Happy growing ladies; for now I have no plans to grow as long as you :laugh:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 22nd, 2016, 01:44 PM
Well, it certainly can be hot wearing a sleep cap in hot weather. But I would be much hotter if I didn't wear one and was forever tossing and turning and getting tangled up in my hair and having to wake up and untangle myself, and sigh and moan because my hair was tying me in knots.

I figure that if it's too hot to sleep, then it's too hot to sleep, and a sleeping cap is just a small part of the equation.

LongCurlyTress
April 22nd, 2016, 01:45 PM
LOL I just spotted this; the thread moved along so fast talking about LWBs
NO need...I am on board....to TBL :wink:

Yep...at Church; not a friendly bunch at all...unless you were born in this town :p
I'm happy keeping to myself....and now that I am aware of my thoughts, I will redirect them....to GROWTH :cheer:

Happy growing ladies; for now I have no plans to grow as long as you :laugh:

Well, ya never know... but...we will still love ya anyways, no matter what the length of your hair, GG! ;):cheer::cheer: The LHC way of thinking... there are many who thought they had reached their final goal only to grow on...lol... :cool:

MlleMC
April 22nd, 2016, 02:05 PM
Well, it certainly can be hot wearing a sleep cap in hot weather. But I would be much hotter if I didn't wear one and was forever tossing and turning and getting tangled up in my hair and having to wake up and untangle myself, and sigh and moan because my hair was tying me in knots.

I figure that if it's too hot to sleep, then it's too hot to sleep, and a sleeping cap is just a small part of the equation.

I'm very sensitive to heat (as in, I've almost lost consciousness a few times due to heat), so I'll stick with my sleep braids, they worked pretty well last summer - even if I don't like braid waves. Buns are okay to sleep in too, but not on an everyday basis, as they make my hair get greasy faster. :confused:

Groovy Granny
April 22nd, 2016, 02:06 PM

Well, ya never know... but...we will still love ya anyways, no matter what the length of your hair, GG! ;):cheer::cheer: The LHC way of thinking... there are many who thought they had reached their final goal only to grow on...lol... :cool:
Thanks (((Hugs)))

Very true....but one goal at a time....I already chickened out on this one once :o

LongCurlyTress
April 22nd, 2016, 02:53 PM
Thanks (((Hugs)))

Very true....but one goal at a time....I already chickened out on this one once :o

I know this time is for real since Sarahl and I have your back.. but... why in the past have you "chickened out?" I know you can do this...If I can...so can you!! TBH I am kind of like do dee do:shocked: with this whole hair growing long thing... like you said somewhere else today, it's gonna grow anyways, right? lol... Finally something that is easier than dieting!! LOL! :p

Sarahlabyrinth
April 22nd, 2016, 03:46 PM
Ha! It's MUCH easier than dieting! You just sit back and let it grow ;)

Groovy Granny
April 22nd, 2016, 03:55 PM
I know this time is for real since Sarahl and I have your back.. but... why in the past have you "chickened out?" I know you can do this...If I can...so can you!! TBH I am kind of like do dee do:shocked: with this whole hair growing long thing... like you said somewhere else today, it's gonna grow anyways, right? lol... Finally something that is easier than dieting!! LOL! :p

I appreciate you both; there is no support here (((Hugs)));Hubby does but ....well you know :wink:

I'm not sure why I backed out a couple weeks ago :hmm:

Part of it was wondering what others would think :o

I mentioned headaches and a sensitive scalp, but I have been ok...and I will watch that..... a few more inches shouldn't really matter.

Then I mentioned it being in the way of personal care..... and wanting to wear it down at times.
But I rechecked my landmarks and sitting bones :wink: and I should be just fine; plus I can flip my hair to the front if needed.
I don't want to sit on my hair...that I know!

Yes..this is much easier and more fun than dieting :p lol

LongCurlyTress
April 22nd, 2016, 03:56 PM

ROFL!! Yesssssssssssss!! :p

LongCurlyTress
April 22nd, 2016, 04:08 PM
I appreciate you both; there is no support here (((Hugs)));Hubby does but ....well you know :wink:

I'm not sure why I backed out a couple weeks ago :hmm:

Part of it was wondering what others would think :o

I am learning that as far as hair goes/grows, lol, we have to make ourselves happy... and when others are negative and unsupportive, it is their problem...not ours... and also it is none of their business... what our hair is doing...:draw:

I mentioned headaches and a sensitive scalp, but I have been ok...and I will watch that..... a few more inches shouldn't really matter.

It helps to massage the area on your scalp where the sensitivity is... Also, readjusting your bun/hairstyle helps with weight distribution... Worse comes to worse.. you can trim your hair a couple of inches from TBL to BCL but let's hope this doesn't happen... ;)

Then I mentioned it being in the way of personal care..... and wanting to wear it down at times.
But I rechecked my landmarks and sitting bones :wink: and I should be just fine; plus I can flip my hair to the front if needed.
I now do a hair scarf neck wrap with my hair to get it out of the way. Some leave a claw clip in the bathroom for these occasions.... believe it or not, this is a common concern among those with extreme length, but easily fixable...;)
I don't want to sit on my hair...that I know!

LOL!! I can't wait until I can sit on my hair!! That means it is at classic length...

Yes..this is much easier and more fun than dieting :p lol

Yahoooooooo!!! ;) I am sooo in!! ;)

Groovy Granny
April 22nd, 2016, 04:36 PM
I am learning that as far as hair goes/grows, lol, we have to make ourselves happy... and when others are negative and unsupportive, it is their problem...not ours... and also it is none of their business... what our hair is doing...

It helps to massage the area on your scalp where the sensitivity is... Also, readjusting your bun/hairstyle helps with weight distribution... Worse comes to worse.. you can trim your hair a couple of inches from TBL to BCL but let's hope this doesn't happen...

I now do a hair scarf neck wrap with my hair to get it out of the way. Some leave a claw clip in the bathroom for these occasions.... believe it or not, this is a common concern among those with extreme length, but easily fixable...

LOL!! I can't wait until I can sit on my hair!! That means it is at classic length...

Yahoooooooo!!! ;) I am sooo in!! ;)

Yes I am finally at the "I could care less what you think stage" .....evidenced by my decision to keep growing. lol

The other long hair in my Church I noticed is keeping her hair trimmed at WL.
We've never talked, but before her hair looked scraggly/unhealthy at hip and now she seems to be caring for it better.
So now I am longer than she is; we are the same age...I may be older a by a couple years.
Hubby likes to sit up front so I feel everyone's eyes on me....though they probably could care less :p

Overall I am very happy as a long hair :crush:

Ah...massage....I'll try to remember that; Thank you!
BCL=TBL on me, so any trims would be back to hip.

It bothers me to lean back on my hair....so to sit on it :tmi:

Most of the time my hair is contained in some way when I am out, and while freshening up I use an octopus claw (after spitting on my ponytail...once) :laugh:

Now to GROW :cheer:

littlestarface
April 22nd, 2016, 04:38 PM

Lolol thats the truth!

littlestarface
April 22nd, 2016, 07:09 PM
After 20 times of trying the lwb(thanks to the video of the german chick) bun, I finally got something but I used spin pins to secure it.
http://i.imgur.com/qRn59If.jpg