PDA

View Full Version : Two-year Anniversary!

WritingPrincess
October 12th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Two years ago I joined TLHC. I was twelve, and the mods had some sorting out to do, but since that got cleared up, I have been happily posting. When I joined, my hair was hip length.

The very first hair shot I took, compliments of WritingDaddy the photographer:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/4006420363_08ee3cf0f1_m.jpg

And, last night, also compliments of WD:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2569/4006228097_913f9b31c3_m.jpg

It's now about a three-fourths of an inch to an inch away from classic.

Haven't changed my routine that much, actually. I still use cheap drugstore shampoo and conditioner, although I use a shampoo bar when I travel and often use an ACV rinse rather that conditioner. I oil occasionally with coconut oil, and wear a braid or two most of the time. I've learned so much about hairstyles, and often mess around with my hair for fun. I count my hair among my hobbies, and people here among my best friends. Thank you, Stephanie, for creating and maintaining our online home. Thank you, mods, for making our home safe for me and all the rest of us. Thank you, LHC, for being such good friends, helping me to grow, learn, and mature.

angelthadiva
October 12th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Very pretty! I've enjoyed your posts and participation here. Happy growing! :)

Elphie
October 12th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Such gorgeous hair; you've had wonderful growth the past two years! Happy Anniversary!

Tressie
October 12th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Your hair is amazing!!! Congratualtions!!

darkwaves
October 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Very beautiful!

And... just my curiosity, given your age... but did you grow any taller between the first and second photo? Amazing growth either way, but if you grew, too... WOW! And I love the colour of your hair, too.

I'm glad you feel at home here -- you are a great participant in this community!

Peter
October 12th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Your hair is so smooth, it looks amazing.

patience
October 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM
:thud: Wow! Very pretty.

Happy Anniversary.

WritingPrincess
October 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Thank you all. :flowers:

Thank you, Angelthadiva! I've really appreciated your posts, too.

Elphie and Tressie, thank you for the compliments. I really get my best compliments (other than the awe my little sister expresses) here at TLHC.

Darkwaves, I think I've grown an inch or two in the past two years. Never thought about it, but is that why it seemed to take so long between tailbone and classic?

What the picture doesn't show and I didn't mention is that my ends are seriously split--have been ever since my minibraid adventure. I've given up on S&Ds and only trim if I notice a split, because just about every other hair is split and it makes more sense to just trim it all off at once, at least to my mind. But I haven't actually done it yet. Told myself I'd trim it off when I got to tailbone, but I reached tailbone last February. So now I'm planning on trimming a few times at classic, then moving on with more frequent trims. If I don't see progress for a few months I get too impatient. :)

ETA: Thank you, Peter! I really like the smoothness.

<dances giddily around the room> Ooooh, I have thudworthy hair!
:o Sorry about that. You just made my day!

windinherhair
October 12th, 2009, 09:10 PM
I am glad you were able to join the board, meet friends, and get all the information you needed. You joined at a young age and yet you sound mature beyond your years. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on your beautiful growth. :)

adiapalic
October 12th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Gorgeous hair WritingPrincess! With that progress, you'll be at your goal in no time at all! :flower:

Teazel
October 12th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Egad, your hair is beautiful. Here, have another thud! --> :thud: :D

cassie_g
October 12th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Congrats! Your hair has gotten even more wonderful since you joined. Keep up the good work.

clairenewcastle
October 12th, 2009, 09:43 PM
You have incredible hair! Despite what you say about the split ends it looks very healthy.
Congratulations on your anniversary!

Amara
October 12th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Your hair is sooooo lovely!!!

Yozhik
October 12th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations on your anniversary :)

Wind Dragon
October 12th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I refuse to thud just on general principles, but yours would be worth one. ;)

Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

Arniky
October 12th, 2009, 10:37 PM
really good growth and long length

Lyttle Lox
October 12th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Ooooo.... gorgeous!

Redheaded Raven
October 12th, 2009, 10:49 PM
Congratulations, very beautiful hair WritingPrincess :D

Ryanne
October 12th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Happy Anniversary! Beautiful hair!

pineapple pea
October 12th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Wow, your hair is beautiful!!

redneckprincess
October 13th, 2009, 04:44 AM
WOW thats your hair is absoutly beautiful

AprilElf
October 13th, 2009, 05:48 AM
You definitely have thudworthy hair! :thudpile: The soft waviness of it is gorgeous.
Happy Anniversary, WritingPrincess!

Tangerine
October 13th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Your hair is lush and shiny like a waterfall! And such a lovely length ... very pretty. The split ends you say you have certainly don't show! Happy anniversary :flower:

LutraLutra
October 13th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Your hair looks lovely. Happy anniversary. :cheer:

DarkChocolate
October 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Happy anniversary:) Your hair has really thickened up!

Robinlyn
October 13th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Happy Anniversary, your hair is so beautiful!! :)

Amoretti
October 13th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Congrats on such wonderful progress! :flowers:

MirandaWelch
October 13th, 2009, 10:43 AM
You definitely have thudworthy hair! :thudpile: The soft waviness of it is gorgeous.
I will second that!

WritingMum
October 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Hello, Sweetheart.

Happy anniversary to us. You have grown and matured in so many ways these past two years and I am so proud of you.

your loving Mother,

WritingMum

marikamt
October 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Okay... your hair is quite lovely, but can I say you are darling?????? I don't have any kids, but I *hope* if I have a daughter one day she and I can share something like this... you are absolutely adorable!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :thudpile:

friskybiznus
October 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Wow, how cool is that? You have stunning, thudworthy, amazing hair! Congratulations on two years. I enjoyed reading your post!

WritingPrincess
October 13th, 2009, 07:15 PM
:bowtome: Thank you, thank you to all.

Thank you, Windinherhair. I feel older than many of my peers, so I guess it's understandable that I sound older, too.

Egad, your hair is beautiful. Here, have another thud! --> :thud: :D

Oooh, more thuds! Thanks! :D (And also, thank you WindDragon for the would-be thud :))

Your hair is lush and shiny like a waterfall! And such a lovely length ... very pretty. The split ends you say you have certainly don't show! Happy anniversary :flower:
I love the imagery there . . . thank you!

Okay... your hair is quite lovely, but can I say you are darling?????? I don't have any kids, but I *hope* if I have a daughter one day she and I can share something like this... you are absolutely adorable!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :thudpile:
Thank you very much! I hope you have the daughter of your dreams.

Thank you, everyone, for a great two years and may we have many more together! :cheers:

WritingMum
October 13th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Marikamt,

She *is* a dear. Thank you.

May you and your daughters be wonderful friends.

best regards,
WritingMum

WritingMum
October 13th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I refuse to thud just on general principles, but yours would be worth one. ;)

Happy Anniversary! :flowers:
Wind Dragon, I'm with you. And I won't bow down before my own child. But she *has* done a marvelous job. :)

best regards,
WritingMum

WritingMum
October 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Darkwaves,

I'm going to take another shot of WP in front of that same wall. The chalk board may be angled a little differently, but it's pretty close. This will be fun. :)

best regards,
WritingMum

WritingMum
October 13th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Got it! But the server sure has been busy!

Here's before:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2462/4006420363_08ee3cf0f1_m.jpg

and after:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2581/4009614679_8e9a170d89_m.jpg

WP even found the same skirt. She has gotten quite a bit taller in the last two years!

My little girl is getting bigger.

WritingMum

Aquamarine
October 13th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Wow, your hair's lovely! Look at that color..that's a great progress in two years....Congratulations writingPrincess!!:blossom::blossom:

little_acorn
October 14th, 2009, 12:28 AM
You have lovely hair :flower:

MissManda
October 14th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Oh my! Your hair is absolutely lovely! I love the texture! Congratulations!

winter_star
October 14th, 2009, 03:40 AM
Gorgeous! And so very glossy too.

DavidN
October 14th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Congratulations, WritingPrincess, on your 2 year LHC anniversary, and here's to many more years in our community!

Thank you for sharing your inspirational photos with your fellow LHC members. You have made outstanding progress, and your hair is so thick, right to the ends!

darkwaves
October 14th, 2009, 06:56 AM
She has gotten quite a bit taller in the last two years!
WritingMum Thanks! That's what I suspected from her age...

Fantastic growth, WritingPrincess! Beautiful hair.

Maddy25
October 14th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Beautiful! Wow, so gorgeous :) Great job, your patience has paid off beautifully!

JamieLeigh
October 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Your hair looks amazing!! Such nice growth for two years. Very long and thick. :flower: Happy 2 year anniversary!!

jojo
October 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Oh writing Princess, your hair is looking so beautiful like a waterfall.

I so enjoy reading your posts, you come across as such a sensible and mature young lady and yes you have grown taller.

cindy58
October 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Beautiful hair! So looong! Pretty color too.

WritingPrincess
October 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Oh my! Your hair is absolutely lovely! I love the texture! Congratulations!
Thank you!

Congratulations, WritingPrincess, on your 2 year LHC anniversary, and here's to many more years in our community!

Thank you for sharing your inspirational photos with your fellow LHC members. You have made outstanding progress, and your hair is so thick, right to the ends!
Thank you! I worry about the thickness (there was another pic that made it look much more tapered), so I appreciate an outside opinion.

Oh writing Princess, your hair is looking so beautiful like a waterfall.

I so enjoy reading your posts, you come across as such a sensible and mature young lady and yes you have grown taller.

Thank you! I guess I *have* grown. Didn't realize it until I saw the photos side by side. Wow.