PDA

View Full Version : how to rinse out oil after oiling treatment?

lilalong
April 20th, 2008, 01:29 PM
After a deep-oiling treatment, how do you rinse out the oil?
do you just use water, or do you shampoo?
I can't seem to find a balance between ending up with greasy hair and drying out my hair completely with shampoo.

spidermom
April 20th, 2008, 01:38 PM
CWC using diluted shampoo to scalp area only. Plenty of oil gets rinsed out as the suds travel down the length. You want some oil left in because that is what makes your hair feel supple and silky.

eadwine
April 20th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I hit it with shampoo, once. I don't want oil to be left behind because my hair quickly looks greasy when that happens.

Shanarana
April 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I use diluted shampoo, and wash gently and use a small amount of condish.

flapjack
April 20th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I wash the hair from the neck up with shampoo and let the rest rinse down through my hair. And then I condition it from the tops of my shoulders down, like usual. I pretty much just do what I normally do and it comes out.

SweetPea88
April 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I wash as usual with my shampoo bars. I work up a nice lather and then do an ACV rinse.

Neorah
I've actually done just fine with COing... I slather on conditioner, pile it up on my head, and leave it in for the course of my shower, at least a good 20 minutes or so if not more.

1nuitblanche
Sometimes I just use conditioner. Other times, I'll wash my scalp and let the suds that run down get the oil out. If I only use water, then the oils stays in my hair and looks stringy or dirty (if it didn't look stringy or dirty before, then I usually don't bother washing it).

spidermom
April 20th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I hit it with shampoo, once. I don't want oil to be left behind because my hair quickly looks greasy when that happens.

Too true when my hair was your length. The ends were too close to the scalp, and my scalp is more than greasy enough. As far away as they are now, they need some oil all the time.

Curlsgirl
April 20th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I almost always use coconut oil and it would rinse out with CO but I usually CWC because my scalp likes it better.

Patrycja
April 20th, 2008, 02:29 PM
used to do a CWC but now I used CO with a clarifying conditioner as my first C(like VO5 kiwi lime squeeze clarifying conditioner).If I let the first C sit for 20 or so minutes-that gets the oil out like a charm.

lilalong
April 21st, 2008, 07:09 AM
So CO did the trick.
I think there's still a bit too much oil close to my scalp though.
Will do a scalp wash with mild shampoo next time.