PDA

View Full Version : Relapse Realization

LaurelSpring
April 20th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Greetings!

I am still a newbie here. I learned alot whenI came here and started reading the posts and taking better care of my hair. I have been using no blow dryer or curling iron in the past several weeks. I have switched to every other day washes and CWC or CO and oiling and sets at night and updos during the day. My hair has improved dramatically!

Friday I had a date with someone I havent seen since my new regime and I had a little panic attack and wanted to wear my hair like it was when I last saw him and also I was on a second day and a little oily so I relapsed and shampooed (used cones) and blow dried and curling ironed like I use to. OMG. My hair felt like absolute straw. I couldnt stand it. When I got home I had to oil and reoil the ends. Basically I just drenched it.

I cant believe that I did that for so many years! It is amazing the difference it has made using what I learned here in just a few weeks. I cant go back!

Thanks everyone for all that you contribute.

birthmarkie
April 20th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I'm sure your hair will recover with the deep oiling you've done. Will you let him see your "new regime" hair for the second date? :D

MemSahib
April 20th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I think some of us just have to try our old ways again once. Obviously for you, your new routines are making a huge difference. Now you know for sure, don't you?

Lamb
April 20th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Some days ago, I got out the fine tooth comb I haven't used for over a year.
I could barely drag it through three inches from the top. It just got stuck there. And I actually used to tear it through my hair, top to bottom, many times a day! :scared:
(note: my hair is a 3a...)

Curlsgirl
April 20th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah, I tried that a few times way back. Now, I'll start to blow dry straight for fun or something and I realized I don't WANT to and can't bring myself to it even! Same with the curling iron. I heat it up for my bangs when I wash usually and I could NOT EVER bring myself to touch it to the length now or really have any desire to now! Take a picture and pull it out for next time you get the "itch" :D

Patrycja
April 20th, 2008, 02:26 PM
errr....yeah,I tried blowdrying my entire head not too long ago.Added oil before though! :p Despite the oil-it still looked horrible.I've even stopped blow drying my bangs since then...

Silver & Gold
April 20th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Funny how once you know better it makes you cringe to go back to those damaging hair habits.

I used to use a flat iron to make my hair sleeker. It makes me cringe to think of it now.

I still will use a blow drying on my roots to lift them a bit one my hair is almost dry and if I want something more stylized I have Caruso rollers I can use without guilt. They actually make my hair more moisturized I think.

Faepirate
April 20th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Hee. I actually sold my curling iron on eBay and I gave away my hair straighteners on freecycle, so this pretty much prevents me from EVER relapsing in that direction. ;)
And I don't own a single cone shampoo or conditioner anymore so couldn't wash with one if I wanted to. Hmmmm. Looks like I'm stuck doing what I'm doing. :D

MeganS
April 20th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah, when I think about how often I took a brush to my 3a/3b hair in high school, I just cringe.